Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+17
the nick bryson
Hannibal Frost
Villain Within
The Celt
Abel Steele
Slegna
Rottata
Alex O'Rion
Cactus Sam
David GS
Omega
Vincent Van Rose
Edible14
RCA
iDeAndes
Matt Dunn
Skyler Striker
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Matt Dunn

Matt Dunn

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Dunn
Championship:

FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:09 pm

Of course.

And as for your little grudge, well, I'm sure we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Probably not.

It's like you crossing that bridge to the Abandoned Title...it should've happened by now, but the people waiting on you at the other side are giving up hope.

Because you don't deserve to be Abandoned Champion. Your heart, if you have one, isn't in it. Otherwise you would've won it, already. During that tournament thing.
Back to top Go down
Matt Dunn

Matt Dunn

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Dunn
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Adrian was no dismissable opponent.

And then I was preoccupied with defending the precursor to the belt you now hold...

But back to your grudge; it really doesn't surprise me that it seems I may know something you don't.

As I said, we shall cross that bridge when we get to it.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:53 pm

Why would I hold a grudge towards the guy who ran the brand that put me on the map?

Come on now.
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Dunn wrote:
Adrian was no dismissable opponent.

I whooped my brothers ass pretty good, just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Villain Within

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Matt Ford
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:07 pm

David GS wrote:

IC: Is it weird that neither of you really intimidate me?

It's not hype, Ford, it's reality. I'm not the best trash-talker in the world - I have no problem admitting that. But having a way with words has never won anyone a match or a championship, and in all likelihood never will. That's why it doesn't matter how completely you dissect my insults and arguments; when it comes time to nut up or shut up, I'll be doing the former and you'll be doing the latter.

Get it? It means I'm better than you and I'll whip your non-noob ass accordingly.

Trash talk doesn't win championships, that's true. What it does, on the other hand, when done well anyway, is gain you notoriety. It puts you on people's radar. It gets the marks interested in what you're doing, and gets them scrabbling to buy your merch. It puts a buzz in the air. It gets you noticed. You couple that with a few ass-kickings here and there, and what do you get? Bigger paychecks. Better locker rooms. And maybe, just maybe, some of those oh-so-elusive championship matches you've been bandying about.

As much as people hate to admit it, this is a business built on entertainment. It's a dog and pony show. A five star classic will have the internet kids jerking off to you on message boards, sure, but it's also a surefire way to muddle in the midcard for the remainder of your existence.

You feel free to try the bland-and-uninteresting route, though. Let me know how that works out for you.

David GS wrote:
But hey, you're not the only one who's in a giving mood. The card for 11.3 is still up in the air, so if you think you're the one to knock me down a peg, go ahead and try. But I'm gonna warn you now: better wrestlers than you have tried and failed.

Oh really now? Is that so, Meat? Well then, I better just fold up my tent and go home. I mean, if these supposed betters of mine couldn't hack it, how could I possibly hope to topple the UNDEFEATED David GS?

Oh, wait. I know how.

Maybe it'll be because you've never seen me in the ring, and thusly have no understanding of how good I just might be. Maybe it'll be because you're just so brimming with confidence you'll make that one fatal mistake that I can capitalize on, and thusly crush your windpipe along with your unblemished record.

Or maybe I'll just do it for shits and giggles. Who's to say?

You really want to be the first one to get your shit pushed in? At 11.3, you say? That's fine by me, cowboy. I'll even help you come up with a fun new nickname when the "Undefeated" thing is obsolete.

Always a giver.

Back to top Go down
David GS
FMW Anarchy Ultraviolent Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: David GS
Championship: FMW Television Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:49 pm

Well, Sparky, ya got me there: I have never seen you in the ring. Of course, that doesn't speak very well of your abilities, now does it? If you were as good as you seem to think you are, your reputation would no doubt have preceded you.

Granted, mine didn't precede me, but I've got a nice little six-and-oh streak going, so that's neither here nor there.

But I'm getting off-topic; as long as the management doesn't already have something else (read: better) for me to do at 11.3, you're on. But know this: I don't need to see you in the ring. I don't need to know what I'm going up against. It doesn't matter if you're the powerhouse to end all powerhouses, an athletic machine that could put Chris Austin to shame, or even if you're capable of out-playing Matt Dunn in a game of mental chess. Because I have yet to make a mistake in this company, bud, and allow me to stop you before you go off on some tangent about how challenging you was my first mistake.

'Cause when the time comes, I'll beat you.

That goes for everyone who gives enough of a shit to read this: when the time comes, no matter how far off in the future it may appear, I'll beat you.

OOC: I know this is gonna sound weird, but this is the first real foray I've made into a TT thread, and, well...could I get some feedback, please? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Rep : -13

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:34 pm

David GS wrote:
Well, Sparky, ya got me there: I have never seen you in the ring. Of course, that doesn't speak very well of your abilities, now does it? If you were as good as you seem to think you are, your reputation would no doubt have preceded you.

Granted, mine didn't precede me, but I've got a nice little six-and-oh streak going, so that's neither here nor there.

But I'm getting off-topic; as long as the management doesn't already have something else (read: better) for me to do at 11.3, you're on. But know this: I don't need to see you in the ring. I don't need to know what I'm going up against. It doesn't matter if you're the powerhouse to end all powerhouses, an athletic machine that could put Chris Austin to shame, or even if you're capable of out-playing Matt Dunn in a game of mental chess. Because I have yet to make a mistake in this company, bud, and allow me to stop you before you go off on some tangent about how challenging you was my first mistake.

'Cause when the time comes, I'll beat you.

That goes for everyone who gives enough of a shit to read this: when the time comes, no matter how far off in the future it may appear, I'll beat you.

OOC: I know this is gonna sound weird, but this is the first real foray I've made into a TT thread, and, well...could I get some feedback, please? Embarassed

Apathy: All of this matters very little, David. Due to the fact if you don't lose by Catalyst, you certainly will in the Gauntlet.

Just sayin' that your odds are quite slim. No matter how you slice the ratios, this match is about endurance. Or cunning. Both of which no one has quite yet seen from you. Of course you have that intangible x-factor; blind confidence bordering on insane stupidity. You have yet to fight on a stage of this grandeur. Sheeyt so do I. But I'm not the one who comes across as a skittish coon just happy to be in this dump heap and playing along nicely.

By the by. I have heard of Matt Ford. Guy's a technical genius (or a functioning wrestling retard). Just because you live in a bubble where you and yours in the center of the universe with an ego generating its own gravitational pull don't mean he's just Joe Blow off the street. I conjure he could give Bryson or Sound a run for his money in terms of overall ability.

That is if he wasn't a lazy bastard.
Back to top Go down
David GS

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Thank you for that. Really. I understand the need to stoke your own ego in the face of an impending loss to me, but was conjuring up hype for a possible opponent of mine really necessary?

OOC: No feedback? C'mon, De.

Last edited by David GS on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:48 pm

RCA wrote:

Abel Steele wrote:
Don't try to take credit for something that had very little to do with you. Abel Steele took away Abel Steele's spirit and momentum long before Lethal Injection.

Right because before hand you weren't the Gold Card holder with big wins over CXC and Smitten, and after I pinned you with the MoC DDT and right after you were all on your knees, metaphorically begging me to beautify you with my Jesus Jizz while you were screaming "Thank you daddy, thank you for my Moment of Clarity! I was wrong for wanting to be the hero, I should've known my role! Don't hurt me anymore, I'll be good!!!"

Yep it's true. you delivered your patented Moment of Clarity at Lethal Injection. Kudos to you, in all sincerity I am glad to see that it helped you to move on and finally let yourself rise to the Championship you have flirted with for oh so long.

But you more than anyone else, since your profess to be the "student of the game" should have learned that winning that title was only ever about you no longer sabotaging your own coronation. You didn't choke on all those other title shots because your opponents were better or because nobody in FMW loved you. You didn't win because one of the O'Rion boys took pity on you and dragged you to the Gold. You finally managed to put aside the very thing that was holding you back all these years, Chris Austin.

I know. It's what held me back too. No one but me killed my spirit and momentum. I held the Gold Card for months and stood by as I watched opportunity after opportunity pass me by. I can tell you right now.... that WILL NOT happen again.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:54 pm

David GS wrote:
Thank you for that. Really. I understand the need to stoke your own ego in the face of an impending loss to me, but was conjuring up hype for a possible opponent of mine really necessary?

OOC: No feedback? C'mon, De.

OOC: If I don't feedback, assume that I'm either critiquing as we speak and engage or I find nothing wrong with it at the moment.

Apathy: The purpose? To create context, my simple-minded friend. Should this little..showdown ever occur, I don't want you to be frightened, little grasshopper. As of right now, your mind is young and untainted by the bitterness of this industry. Its a political wasteland of interlopers attempting to triumph over social evils (or at least convince themselves that's why they dress up in tights whilst groping sweaty, glistening male bodies) or realists who understand the basic principles that motivate life; money, power, respect.

I don't want to humble you, though. Your arrogance amuses me. Its quite...Vaudevillian.
Back to top Go down
Villain Within

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Matt Ford
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:04 pm

Was a lazy bastard, athankya. I prefer "unmotivated", in point of fact. But that was then. This is now, and now I'm quite, QUITE motivated.

And Davey...you sound a little butthurt. It's no fun when the spotlight isn't solely on you, huh? I hardly think the man was "conjuring hype". Merely stating what he'd heard. Hardly a glowing recommendation, or a "Ford's gonna kill you".

Don't get me wrong, though! I totally could. Promise. I'll settle for a few moments of extended unconsciousness, though. No need to get concerned.

See that? That is over-confidence. To the point of stupidity, no less. And that, Davey, is what you sound like all the time.

Asinine, isn't it? You bet your narrow ass it is, Meat. I can fix that, though. Just like I can fix that pristine little '0' at the end of your record.

If you're still game, that is.

Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:07 pm

iDeAndes wrote:
or realists who understand the basic principles that motivate life; money, power, respect.

Spoken like the mercinary that you truly are Apathy. Of course there are other basic motivators that you wouldn't be able to comprehend with the pea sized brain and the chasm that looms where your soul used to be.

Love and compassionspring to mind.

Not that I am convinced anyone in FMW would be so noble to act out of either of these foundations, mind you.

Then of course there is fear.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:11 pm

Abel Steele wrote:
iDeAndes wrote:
or realists who understand the basic principles that motivate life; money, power, respect.

Spoken like the mercinary that you truly are Apathy. Of course there are other basic motivators that you wouldn't be able to comprehend with the pea sized brain and the chasm that looms where your soul used to be.

Love and compassionspring to mind.

Not that I am convinced anyone in FMW would be so noble to act out of either of these foundations, mind you.

Then of course there is fear.

Apathy: Piss on my face, Abel. But don't call it rain.

The fact that you had to lumber and slur through that minuscule sound-bite and have the audacity to accuse me of being low in terms of intelligence only re-verifies every hurtful, spiteful thing I've ever said about you.

You couldn't hack it as the holder of the Gold Card. And now I'm taking it from you. With a precise goal in mind.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Abel Steele wrote:

But you more than anyone else, since your profess to be the "student of the game" should have learned that winning that title was only ever about you no longer sabotaging your own coronation. You didn't choke on all those other title shots because your opponents were better or because nobody in FMW loved you. You didn't win because one of the O'Rion boys took pity on you and dragged you to the Gold. You finally managed to put aside the very thing that was holding you back all these years, Chris Austin.

What kind of hogwash...ever since I quit pandering to friends and family and started doing what was best for me, such as learning about FMW so that I will run this bitch one day, I haven't done anything but win.

You might still have a bit of a headache following your run-in with TyranT, I'll let this slide.

Otherwise, Eli Cottonwood makes more sense on the mike than you.
Back to top Go down
David GS

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm a lot of things, Applethysauce, but delusional is not one of them. There are no social evils that can be overcome by doing what we do in that ring; it is, as you say, little more than dressing up in tights and grappling with similarly scantily-clad dudes. It may not be the ideal way to build a retirement fund, but I've been doing it for several years and like to think that I possess at least something resembling skill at it.

It's my job. It puts food on my table, it lets me provide my wife with a decent, stable way of life, and it helps me to build a little goose egg for the family I hope to have someday. Of course, a little recognition for the talent I like to think I have is nice, too. So, in essence, I suppose you're right - money, power, respect. Those are the reasons why I do what I do.

So I do it; I try to win, avoid getting hurt, and silence those who say that I don't know how to do it or can't do it good enough.

You fall into that category. So does the apparent 'technical genius', Matt Ford (who nobody is talking to anymore, by the way).

Both of you, along with anyone else who tells me I can't do my job, will be dealt with accordingly.

Last edited by David GS on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:18 pm

Blatant mentions of family are usually a bad thing. See: Me, RAMPAGE, Drew, Alex, Skyler, and damn near every one of the 'good guys'

In short, your personal life is about to get fucked up. I won't have anything to do with it, but still.

Back to top Go down
David GS

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:19 pm

Buzz off, Champ. Hey, how's it feel to FINALLY have people call you that, by the way?
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:29 pm

David GS wrote:
I'm a lot of things, Applethysauce, but delusional is not one of them. There are no social evils that can be overcome by doing what we do in that ring; it is, as you say, little more than dressing up in tights and grappling with similarly scantily-clad dudes. It may not be the ideal way to build a retirement fund, but I've been doing it for several years and like to think that I possess at least something resembling skill at it.

It's my job. It puts food on my table, it lets me provide my wife with a decent, stable way of life, and it helps me to build a little goose egg for the family I hope to have someday. Of course, a little recognition for the talent I like to think I have is nice, too. So, in essence, I suppose you're right - money, power, respect. Those are the reasons why I do what I do.

So I do it; I try to win, avoid getting hurt, and silence those who say that I don't know how to do it or can't do it good enough.

You fall into that category. So does the apparent 'technical genius', Matt Ford (who nobody is talking to anymore, by the way).

Both of you, along with anyone else who tells me I can't do my job, will be dealt with accordingly.

Apathy: You're doing it still for the wrong reasons. Supplying a lifestyle for a doomed relationship that's bound to fail in a short ten-year life span. Especially since no woman in her right mind can hold out the remotest of hopes to build a family with a man who is on the road 320+ days a year. I never said you weren't skilled. Just that you are so young in your career with a bag of vague ideals that you're the greatest and a conscience clear of the insanity that goes on in the wrestling world.

Especially this company. Take a look around and see how many functional success stories it develops. Or who doesn't have some sort of turmoil by being involved here. Every name him has been burned by some sort of personal trauma. Even the most accomplished guy here hasn't gotten to where he is unscathed. The current Tag Team Champions are the picture perfect definitions of morbid dysfunction. The top contenders for the World Belt are an addict with a god complex and a drunk repentant searching for meaning by pummeling other grown men to a bloody pulp. The champ himself is a gator-swamp redneck who just turned fifty and still finds it reasonable to subject his body and mind to physical terrors that will eventually kill him in ring.

This business will drive you insane or kill you. Don't expedite the process by gazing into the Abyss, hoss. Otherwise, you are deluding yourself into thinking you can make a difference or change a horribly repetitive cycle of misery.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Eh. I'm unfulfilled.

See, I put too much stock in being a champion that I've been underwhelmed by the actual feeling. People place so much emphasis on the gold these days. They think it's the only way to judge greatness or something.

People forget that the greatest lessons learned can't be taught to you. You can be conditioned to think that being undefeated or walking around with a belt NOT named the FMW Championship makes you worth a damn but it really doesn't work like that. It's all about sending a message of sorts, it's about word of mouth. FMW doesn't push the best, they push the name they hear or recognize most. A good bit of how far you go in this place has SHIT to do with your record. It's why John Derrick has a title shot.

It's why Seth Omega has an Abandoned Title shot.

It's why you're undefeated.

Speaking of which. Apathy is also undefeated. Why don't people refer to him as such?

Have you patented the name or are people expecting Apathy to blow it much like Dante Jones, a man he reminds me of, did? I guess people can't change. Where was I going with this anyway?

Oh yeah, it's not all that, but I guess being called 'Champ' and it being true is better than you being called 'impressive' because you beat Trey Spruance.

And Apathy, we're not THAT dysfunctional.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:44 pm

You can talk down about me all you like Big Man, but the fact is you are a long way from claiming the Gold Card yet. If you somehow manage to pull it off well......

All of FMW knows that the Gold Card should still be rightfully mine. Commisioner Smitten may have stolen my shot at FMW Championship glory, but I will not stand idly by and watch as some undeserving hack clamps their greasy paws on my Gold Card....

RCA wrote:
What kind of hogwash...ever since I quit pandering to friends and family and started doing what was best for me, such as learning about FMW so that I will run this bitch one day, I haven't done anything but win.

^^^err... that's pretty much what I just said Einstein

Back to top Go down
David GS

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 pm

Gotta admit, Chris, I was expecting something a bit more hostile. Oh well, pleasant surprise.

I actually had nothing to do with the 'Undefeated' name, it was given to me after two matches by whoever the hell books this stuff. And as for me getting the title instead of Apathy, I just make for a better-looking poster boy, I guess.

I think it's the hair.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:02 am

Abel Steele wrote:

No, you said I put myself aside.

What I actually did was put myself first.

And the reason your Gold Card was taken was because FMW's players have a habit of competing in the face of grave injury. Drew? Crucified at Ultimatum 1, defended the FMW title in Hell in a Cell the next night with two broken hands. Bryson? Burned at the stake, competed the night after.

Me? Tossed off a 35 foot cell, broke ribs. Competed the next night.

You? Cracked collarbone and a concussion, you pussied out.

And no, David. I don't particularly need to be hostile all the time. What's the point?

I find that if I sit someone down, tell them they're about to get annihilated with a straight face, it'll go over better instead of yelling it or masking it with more verbose claims.

Last edited by RCA on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:03 am

Abel Steele wrote:
You can talk down about me all you like Big Man, but the fact is you are a long way from claiming the Gold Card yet. If you somehow manage to pull it off well......

All of FMW knows that the Gold Card should still be rightfully mine. Commisioner Smitten may have stolen my shot at FMW Championship glory, but I will not stand idly by and watch as some undeserving hack clamps their greasy paws on my Gold Card....

Apathy: So come take it from me when I win it. I'm game. I'm also no coward.
Back to top Go down
David GS

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:05 am

RCA wrote:
I find that if I sit someone down, tell them they're about to get annihilated with a straight face, it'll go over better instead of yelling it or masking it with more verbose claims.

Ya don't say? I would've guessed that the notion of getting annihilated would generate an adverse reaction all by itself, regardless of how it's delivered.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:07 am

I think yelling adds nothing to it personally.

I'd rather be told I'm getting annihilated by a crazed maniac who may not be thinking straight than someone who says it so calmly it's as if he knows something I don't.
Back to top Go down
David GS

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:13 am

Hmmm. Interesting. I always just did it 'cause I thought it was badass; I never realized there was a practical dimension to the calm, measured promise of destruction.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:15 am

RCA wrote:
Eh. I'm unfulfilled.

See, I put too much stock in being a champion that I've been underwhelmed by the actual feeling. People place so much emphasis on the gold these days. They think it's the only way to judge greatness or something.

People forget that the greatest lessons learned can't be taught to you. You can be conditioned to think that being undefeated or walking around with a belt NOT named the FMW Championship makes you worth a damn but it really doesn't work like that. It's all about sending a message of sorts, it's about word of mouth. FMW doesn't push the best, they push the name they hear or recognize most. A good bit of how far you go in this place has SHIT to do with your record. It's why John Derrick has a title shot.

It's why Seth Omega has an Abandoned Title shot.

It's why you're undefeated.

Speaking of which. Apathy is also undefeated. Why don't people refer to him as such?

Have you patented the name or are people expecting Apathy to blow it much like Dante Jones, a man he reminds me of, did? I guess people can't change. Where was I going with this anyway?

Oh yeah, it's not all that, but I guess being called 'Champ' and it being true is better than you being called 'impressive' because you beat Trey Spruance.

And Apathy, we're not THAT dysfunctional.

I'd venture to guess I'd have that title shot because I actually managed to win a barbed wire cage match against Mr. Anxiety and Mr. Anxiety Junior and I did so with a broken fucking hand.

You know, that and for all intensive purposes Skyler is now "above" said title. Leon Caprice is "above" said title, and truthfully I think Distortion needed someone new to challenge for the gold...er silver.

But that's okay Chris, you keep thinking that I get my magical title shots by having a name value in FMW you might want to check yourself. I am 7-6-2 in FMW, and by any stretch of means that isn't a great record. So why exactly would I have name value other then the fact that I work on an open contract with this company and I get my name out by competing elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:22 am

RCA wrote:
Abel Steele wrote:

No, you said I put myself aside.

What I actually did was put myself first.

And the reason your Gold Card was taken was because FMW's players have a habit of competing in the face of grave injury. Drew? Crucified at Ultimatum 1, defended the FMW title in Hell in a Cell the next night with two broken hands. Bryson? Burned at the stake, competed the night after.

Me? Tossed off a 35 foot cell, broke ribs. Competed the next night.

You? Cracked collarbone and a concussion, you pussied out.

First

Chris..... YOU put aside YOUR issues, worrying about what others think and trying to make everyone else happy. No one else made YOU do that, ergo YOU and only YOU were the one holding YOU back.

Second

Did I actually just use the word ergo....

Third

My Gold Card was taken away by our 'honourable' Commissioner before the show I got injured on had even ended. regardless of the fact that the Gold Card does not have to be defended AND the fact I still had plenty of time left to cash it in, if the requirement had been that I fight at 11.2 to keep it I would have had the doctors roll me into the ring in a wheelchair if neccesary. Fact is it was already gone so I had no need to fight a meaningless match.

I thought normally it was the teacher who tells the class to pay more attention???
Back to top Go down
David GS

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:33 am

OOC: So, how am I doin' so far? Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!   FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW DISTORTION 11.2 RESULTS!!!!!!!!
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next