Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RCA's 10.2 Feedback

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

RCA's 10.2 Feedback Empty
PostSubject: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:38 pm

As I said, not that many promos, just a few standout ones and the usual feedbackers. Let's do this.

(I really need to be hardline with my own decree of how many promos I'll feedback)

Harley: You know my thoughts, and your explanations really upped the impact of what you wrote here. I don't think nothing else needs to be said. I liked it muchly.

Striker: Striker is at it again with the goodness. After reading this promo I felt relieved and I felt that this was damn good. The first feeling was because you explained the first promo and showed how Skyler got to where he was and whatnot. Everything read very well, your dialogue was pretty good here. I loved the way you brought us inside the mind of the doc. Now, given that I likes my match relevance I will say that despite the purpose that the beginning served, I was most impressed with the last part dealing with Trisha. It had match relevance (loved the idea with the stars but agree with Clarke, probably shouldn't have spelled it out), and character development (which Drew is likely to have a field day with). Overall, exceptional work and there was no part of the promo which didn't matter to the overall presentation. That, in my opinion, is a damn good thing.

CXC: Wow. I have to say, this was a big time step-up and given the opponent, this is the kind of promo that can get you where you need to go. I will say that I do agree with Clarke about how it felt longer than it actually did, but I can't complain as I have those issues myself. Now, the overall story is masterfully crafted, I love reading it and I have to say that you wrote one hell of a fight scene. Now, as far as the match relevance it was tough for me to see but after re-reading it I pinpointed the laughter as said MR and I think it worked well. There were some instances where I began to lose interest (I would've liked more focus on CXC himseldf) but this is the best damn promo I have ever seen you do. You should be proud of this one.

Johannson: Well...this had some energy. I have to say that the beginning didn't really do much for me. I somewhat agree with Clarke about how it was all over the place, and while some of these things could've been dealt with in promos of their own, it shows that Mark has so much on his mind right now, and that helps me to sympathize with Mark as a human. The ending was rather unexpected I must say, real enthralling stuff. Solid work overall, nice quick read.

Drew: Shit this was long. But overall pretty effin good. You tackled a lot of things in this promo, including your own dialogue. I LOL'ed...then you tackled RCA. That actually went over a lot more intensely than I expected and to be honest, didn't see that coming . Oh well though, it served a purpose I guess. Anyway yeah, the Honor theme was one you executed damn well and I saw this promo as tying up some loose ends and stuff. Overall, you know what you do when it comes to writing, you've been doing this a while to know where you are strong and where you are not so strong. Strong effort, Very good read that while long, it spent most of that time entertaining me.

AVO: Decent outing which could have used some more elaboration. The storyline you have here just came out of nowhere and could have been executed better. What you have here was good, but there's not enough as I felt like there could've been more. As far as my personal taste, this really lacked match relevance (good character development though) and I was expecting more solidifying of the relationship between AVO, Ralphie and company. I don't know man, this had potential but it wasn't clicking that well with me. Still, it had some intrigue to it and this can lead to some very intriguing promos to come.

Ares: One...you promoed, which is always good. Two, the promo itself was good. I've dealt with Ares before and I do believe this is a sufficient introduction to the man that is self-proclaimed, better than you. Now, I liked that despite the shorter read, it sufficiently got the point across. It flowed really well. The standout feature by far was the constant ripping of the various FMW stars in one way or another (The one to Drew was spectacular), and each verbal jab was done in the Eric Ares way as established in trash-talking lately. Overall the promo wasn't exceptional, it did come off more like a mini-promo/vastly creative trash-talk post but maybe that's all a promo is to some people. But the promo was a very fun read that served it's purpose and more. Sometimes that is all you can ask for and you said yourself that this wasn't your best so I do expect a small step up at least for next time. For now, good start sir. Well done here.

Crow: I really liked this. Maybe it was the flow of the promo, maybe it was the well-placed forms of match relevance, I don't know. But I just really liked this. Nothing was really spectacular, but everything was working. The conversation read naturally for the most part, and it felt like more happened than what actually did. Now this wasn't "OMG great!!!!" but somehow, it really just worked for me this time. Not much I can say about this except to top it because there's room to get better as you've done seemingly every promo. This was just a damn nice read overall nothing outstanding, nothing that really 'sucked' or whatever, the whole thing was just good.

Faith: Not your best, but I have to believe the epicness of Death Row clouds my judgment here. As always the descriptions are masterful. I could read a promo filled with them (I just did, lol). Anyway, the part of Syanide somewhat took away from the actual confrontation to come, and I do think his portrayal was slightly off at the beginning but you nailed it as that part went on. VanGuard coming back was a nice touch, and I have to say that I do love their dynamic (Van and Faith) it's good stuff to read to be honest. Another very good promo for you, but I think it could've been slightly better and was hurt by having to follow what you did at Death Row.

Last edited by RCA on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:18 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:22 pm

I've got the room for about two more requests.
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

PostSubject: Re: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:33 pm

RCA wrote:
I've got the room for about two more requests.

Requesting.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:43 pm

Mine is up now I would like some Feedback PUHLEEZ!!!
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:16 pm

I feel generous.

One more slot!
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:17 pm

Me plz?
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Crow

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Gabriel Crow
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Hey RCA, mind throwing some feedback my way?
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Cut off point reached, dammit! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Crow

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Gabriel Crow
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:54 pm

Calm down, have some dip.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:55 pm

I guess you missed the smiley

But, you want me to calm down...

[Soup Nazi]NO FEED FOR YOU![/Soup Nazi]
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Thank you very much my man! I tried to work match relevence in but the story I wanted to tell gave me little room to do it....Have no fear Ralphie will be back. I have so many ideas floating in my head. I feel this was better than the last go and next will be that much better.

In my defense I didn't just drop this outta nowhere I tried to elude to it in the 1st promo and I did a lil mini promo after 10.1 that eluded to it also. This establishes the route I am taking with the character from here on out. I truly appreciate the feedback though.

Last edited by Axel_Van_Osbourne on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Danke ya sir, as I said next outing should be a bit better, but I needed time to get a handle on the character.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:18 pm

The Ares wrote:
Danke ya sir, as I said next outing should be a bit better, but I needed time to get a handle on the character.

I really enjoyed your promo this week bud....In my opinion you knocked it outta the park but I knew ya would against me of all people!! Good Shot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RCA's 10.2 Feedback   RCA's 10.2 Feedback I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RCA's 10.2 Feedback
Page 1 of 1