Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Character Recap Thread

Go down 
+3
Abel Steele
Drew Michaels
The Celt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

The Character Recap Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Character Recap Thread   The Character Recap Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:08 pm

So this is a thread I’ve wanted to do for a long time now. See, I personally think here in FMW we have some great writers, and these writers are doing some very interesting storylines over multiple promos. Now, if you’re a person who is a regular here and has plenty of time to read you should have no problem keeping up with these storylines. However, I personally feel it’s rare that every single person is going to be able to read EVERY promo EVERY time a card goes up. I know some of us don’t like to say that, but we have to acknowledge that not everyone has the time to read absolutely every promo.

Here’s the deal: If you’ve missed a whole bunch of my promos, it’s cool. There could be a million reasons; maybe you just didn’t have the time, maybe you’re just not a fan of my writing style, maybe you were bored with what I was doing or writing, whatever: It’s cool.

However, if you have missed a bunch of my promos there some subtle stuff you might not get in my current promos. My hope is if I recap briefly what has gone on in my previous promos you might get more enjoyment from current promos.

If anyone else wants to use this thread to recap their own promos, go right ahead, that’s what it’s for.

TL;DR: USE THIS THREAD TO RECAP YOUR CHARACTER AND YOUR PAST PROMOES FOR THE BENEFIT OF NEW AND CASUAL READERS SO THEY CAN BETTER UNDERSTAND YOUR CHARACTER

Last edited by The Celt on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Character Recap Thread   The Character Recap Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:10 pm

The Celt

Basic summary of the Celt character: The Celt is FMW veteran having been around since very close to FMW’s birth in 2006. What you need to know about his history before taking “The Law” moniker is that he was already in communication with the Morrígan. The Morrígan is a key character to the Celt. Morrígan appears to Celt often, but only when no else is around. Also, her presence ALWAYS causes Celt to suffer a nosebleed, often signalled by the sentence “The taste of deep, red blood...”. She claims to be the Celtic Goddess of War, Death, Life and Love (since these four aspects are all interconnected). Celt has NEVER mentioned the Morrígan to another person, not even his brother PX. So if you mention the Morrígan in Trash Talk I simply ignore it because there’s no possible way your character could know of her “existence”. As you’ll see in the promo recap section even Celt has suspected that Morrígan is in fact the product of his mind. Indeed in the first promo she appeared he smashed his damn head on a rock before she appeared. Another suggested theory by the promos is that Morrígan could be a mental response to stress in Celt’s life. Again this is discussed in the promo recaps. A personal preference in my writing style is I like there to be multiple explanations to what might have happened in my promos and that the reader can make up their own mind as what “actually” happened.

Something readers should note about the Celt/Morrígan relationship is that when it started out Morrígan was very much the one who was the dominant one between them. As the years have rolled by this balance has shifted more and more towards a more even relationship, and currently there’s hints that Celt may now by taking the dominant position.

PX is both my OOC and IC brother. Our IC history is this: When we started in 2006 I was a heelish character and he was an out and out face, thus our character had sort of a rivalry and were at loggerheads. Around the 4th cycle I went face and around that time our relationship significantly improved to the point that by 6th FMW cycle we became a tag team (The Fighting Irish) (I missed the 5th cycle as a character due to a hiatus)

I’m going to start recapping my promos from Lethal Injection that happened just before the 7 cycle because really that’s when my current character really took shape.

Lethal Injection 2008
Celt and PX (Fighting Irish) vs Harlequin and Syanide(HavOc)
Summary: This was a promo linked to PX’s. The story is that 10 years ago there was a trial where PX is called to TESTIFY MY BROTHER. Shades of Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney here. All you need to need know from this promo in terms of the Celt character is that he attends the trial to support PX. Before leaving for the trail Celt is visited by a mysterious woman, who unknown to Celt at this point but she is indeed the Morrígan, visiting the Celt to check on his “progress”.

Anarchy 7.1
HavOc (Syanide and Mercutio) vs. The Fighting Irish (Pure Extremist and The Celt) (Irish Pub Brawl)
Summary: The birth of the Law moniker.
This promo opens with a narrative how throughout time wherever there is civilisation there is law. We then which to Morrígan and Celt talking. Morrígan tells Celt his views on morality are clouding his judgement about how he deals with life. Morrígan tells Celt he needs to see morality in black and white, to see that in every situation people make an active choice between right and wrong and people who say otherwise use the concept of grey morality to avoid judgement. Celt doesn’t like this.
The story goes on in narrative about a childhood friend of the Celt’s who turns out to be a drug dealer who Celt goes on to discover that he caused the death of another childhood friend. This revelation is the catalyst for Celt taking the view that morality is black and white.
Subtle stuff from this promo: It’s revealed that Morrígan is a smoker. That’s something that’s going to come up later...

Circus Maximus II
The Celt vs. Pure Extremist (Mt. Vesuvius Qualifier) (w/ Special Guest Referee Mercutio)
Also Mount Vesuvius II (same night/event)
Summary: PX and Celt are at a cafe discussing the fact they’ll have to face each other in order to get into the Mount Vesuvius match later the same night. As they talk they’re attacked by a gunman who fires wildly at Celt. Celt pulls out his own gun and returns fire while getting PX into cover. When the gunman runs out of bullets, Celt shoots him in the leg. As the gunman lays bleeding on the ground Celt leans over him and pulls out a card, one side black, one side white. Celt tells the gunman to study the card for the rest of his life so that he might one day understand morality. Later in flashback we learn that the gunman is Harlequin imitator called the Jester who almost killed Celt 3 days previously.
In retrospect: Re-reading this promo I find my taste for Celt having a gun has soured, although the scene where Celt leans over the gunman/jester and tell s him to study the black and white card for the rest of his life does come off pretty badass if I say so myself.
Notable Stuff: Celt debuts a .357 Magnum revolver. Also this is the first promo Celt starts smoking...gee, I wonder where he picked that up from?

Anarchy 7.3
Celt vs Mercutio
Summary: I actually really don’t want to get into this promo too much. Basically it was based off a promo Mercutio did where HavOc did a bank robbery and Mercutio killed a woman but NOT her child. Robb got pissed because I think I might have said he did kill the child. Anyways the husband of the woman comes to Celt looking for his help with in revenge. Basically it builds to a Mexican stand-off between Celt, the husband and Mercutio when the husband pulls a gun on Mercutio and Celt prevents the husband from committing the crime of murder even if it mean protection Mercutio, who he hates.
Notable Stuff: The promo begins with a very tender moment between Celt and Morrígan, set after the events of the rest of the promo. Celt comes home totally wrecked from the events of the promo. Morrígan is there waiting, and with a bare exchange of words the two embrace, and Morrígan basically comforts him. This was pretty damn important as a scene since it was the beginning of their deeper relationship, something I’d held off doing for an entire year before doing this as I really didn’t want to introduce Morrígan just to be Celt’s partner.

Anarchy 7.4
Celt vs Hannibal Frost (Dun dun DUN!)
Summary: At this point in time the Fighting Irish are knee deep into their feud with HavOc and the tension has been seriously upped the debut of mysterious “voice”, which was a fucking wicked hot angle before it all turned to shit when the guy Jaro had setup to be the voice pulled out. Anyway there’s alot of paranoia about as to just who could the Voice be. This promo is very Dunn-esque in its layout. The gist of the promo is that Celt could be the voice. The first scene is PX asking Celt to examine himself more deeply. The second scene is Morrígan basically doing the same thing, only dropping the Voice’s catchphrase “you already know”. In between each scene I did this cool computer like read-out that does analysis of Celt, Frost and the Voice from HavOc’s view. The computer doesn’t rank Celt as a strong threat. In relation to Frost it says he’s easy to manipulate and finally when the user attempts to get information on the Voice the system basically goes kaput. In summary it mightn’t sound great but it was actually a pretty damn good promo, also it beat Frost, my first win over any HavOc ever at that point.
Notable stuff: WHO’S SIDE IS HE ON SCHIAVONE???

Catalyst 2009
Harlequin (UV Champion) vs. Chris Austin, Hannibal Frost, The Celt, Butters, War Machine, Guiomar the Barbaric, and Jack Boice (15 Minute Massacre 3)
Summary: Probably not the right promo for this kind of match but a highly significant one in the story of the Celt. The whole thing is basically Celt confronting Morrígan on whether she’s the real deal or a product of his mind. Celt’s asks to know and Morrígan is highly reluctant to say. The two finally kiss and say they love each other but Celt still demands to know. Morrígan lays down the ultimatum that Celt must first defeat Harlequin before she’ll ever say. Celt says he’ll do it, do it for her.

Anarchy 8.1
The Innovative Initiative (Hostyle and Chris Kelson) vs. The Fighting Irish (Pure Extremist and The Celt) vs. B.U.G.G.E.R.S. (Butters and The Notorious B.U.G.) (#1 Contender's Match to Tag Team Championships)
Summary: Not to see here folks, just move right along. Not the worse promo ever, just nothing of significance occurs

Anarchy 8.2
Hostyle vs. The Celt (Gold Card Gauntlet Qualifying Match)
Summary: Now this actually was a pretty good and memorable promo, although it didn’t get the win which is kinda...iffy, since Jose’s promo was basically just Hostyle and Chris Kelson chatting in a VIP box (Love you Jose, but I think I should have gone over this match on the basis of this promo, just in my own personal opinion of course)
The gist of this promo is that Celt wakes up in an insane asylum in a straight jacket, highly drugged. A psychologist comes to see Celt and calmly suggests Celt could well be insane, since Celt keep referencing the Voice and the Morrígan, which the psychologist suggests could be other personalities of the Celt. He also suggests the Celt is completely obsessed with a clown called Harlequin (probably true to a degree actually). The psychologist tells Celt he hopes to fix his mental problems. Celt asks if Quint is having fun. At first the psychologist says he has no idea what Celt is on about but as Celt keep pushing the idea that the psychologist is actually Harlequin it turns out to be true. Harlequin is sad Celt won’t let him have any fun. Well Harlequin can solve that problem: Taking a pair of pliers Harlequin begins torturing the Celt by tearing out his fingernails. Quint gets one out and puts one of Celt’s cigarettes out on the pink fleshly part. At this stage the Innovative Initiative show up. They express their horror at the situation (but do nothing to help the Celt) as Quint tells them to stay out of HavOc’s affairs. The promo ends with PX rescuing Celt and Celt swearing revenge on Quint’s head.

I'll finish doing this in a edit sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

PostSubject: Re: The Character Recap Thread   The Character Recap Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Great idea, I'll throw my stuff in here over time. I think the easiest thing to do to start is a general recap of characters who appears in my promos often. From there I'll add storyline recaps, match notes, etc. like Celt did. Great, great idea Celt.

The Characters

Drew Michaels: The protagonist. He is the Chosen One of the LORD Almighty, given the role to protect humanity from supernatural threats for Heaven. His initial task was to remove Ethan Black, then FMW Champion, from power as the CEO of Black Entertainment, head of his own cult, and possible avatar for one Lucifer Morningstar. Since then, Drew has done battle with numerous other supernatural threats such as demons, clones, and monsters in an effort to protect the world. He has one son from a previous relationship, Lee, and is married to Juliet. Drew is also the General Manager of the Pyromania brand at the company FMW spawned from, Lords of Pain Wrestling. He lives in a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with his wife and child.

Professionally, Drew debuted at the first FMW show alongside longtime ally and friend Trey Spruance by attacking Blackwell. From there, Drew ended up in the Road to Glory tournament making it to the semi-finals before losing to eventual champion Ethan Black. Quickly bouncing back, Drew won the first ever FMW Debate and used his victory to challenge for the FMW Ultraviolent title; defeating War Machine in an Inferno match. From there, the rest of the year seemed to go Drew's way as he won the first ever Mt. Vesuvius match and then dropping Ethan Black at the first FMW Ultimatum pay-per-view to become the second ever FMW World Heavyweight Champion. Losing the title to Eric Scorpio after two successful defenses in a row; Drew leads FMW in the battle against Original Sin alongside his cousin Nick Bryson in SPARTA. After defeating Original Sin, Drew is traded away from his longtime home on Anarchy to Alchemy, winning the FMW C-4 Championship for the first time within a cycle of moving to Alchemy by defeating Hostyle in an Ultimate C-4 match. Drew defended the title valiantly before being stripped of it after being brutalized by HavOc and Jaro at Ultimatum 2.

After coming back to the ring with shocking speed from what could have been a career ending injury, Drew's mentality changed greatly. No longer believing FMW worth saving, Drew wants to rebuild the company entirely from the bottom up, doing whatever it takes to do so.

More to come...

Juliet Richards Michaels: Drew's wife. The two met through Trey Spruance, Drew's once rival turned friend, when Drew recruited her to manage him against her ex-boyfriend. Their professional relationship slowly developed into a personal one over time though and, eventually, Juliet revealed she was pregnant with Drew's child only seconds after Drew proposed to her. Being married in the middle of the ring at a LPW Inferno broadcast, Juliet was attacked by Drew's archenemy D. Hammond Samuels who punched Juliet in the stomach causing a miscarriage. Their misfortunes continued when the Original Sin kidnapped Juliet and performed a forced hysterectomy on her in an effort to break Drew; instead he became more devoted to destroying them which is a devotion that continues to this day with the individual members. Months later, Juliet temporarily leaves Drew, unable to deal with the pressures of Drew's lifestyle as both a professional wrestler and the Chosen One. However, the two find themselves back together when both are held captive by Exodus before the Ultimatum 2 event. Reunited, Juliet returns to her job as a talent scout for Lords of Pain Wrestling and is now raising her step-son Lee; even considering going through the process of adopting him as her own.

Matthew Bryson: Drew's biological father, the uncle of Nick Bryson. Drew never knew his father, instead being raised by his mother and his stepfather. Matthew was a part of a the Bryson clan, a group of rich Anaks (people who possess a degree of angel blood) who look to secretly control society through manipulative means. Matthew and Mary, Drew's mother, came together through a serious of planned events in order to fulfill the Prophecy of the Rise and the Fall, the prophecy detailing the rise and fall of the new Chosen One as well as the Morningstar returning to flesh from Hell. Drew and Mary went to live with Matthew at the Bryson compound just outside of Cleveland, Ohio for a few months after his birth but some unknown event led them to return to South Carolina. Matthew's death, by unknown but likely sinister means, is what led Nick to FMW to find his cousin. The angel Gabriel claims that his spirit was in possession of the body of Matthew Bryson, and thus claims to be Drew's soul-father, due to a punishment from Heaven though this fact has not be collaborated by anyone else from Heaven such as Uriel or Seir.

Uriel: Drew's guardian angel. One of the leading archangels in Heaven, called the "Light of God" in some sources. Uriel has proven time and time again his allegiances are entirely with Drew and he attempts to guide Drew away from the conflicts in Heaven or Hell. Has a longstanding rivalry with Gabriel, who has been shown to be the guardian angel of at least one Chosen One generations before Drew.

Seir: Formerly a high-ranking demon from Hell, Drew met him during his trip to Hell to learn secrets about Ethan Black. Seir destroyed many of Drew's misconceptions about demons, revealing that he was once an angel and was sentenced to Hell not for his evil but his lack of good. During Gabriel's grab for power, Seir stood alongside Drew and Uriel in their protection of God's throne and was given his wings back as a payment for his loyalty. Now an angel again, Seir is Drew's second closest ally in Heaven besides Uriel.

Nick Bryson: Drew's younger cousin on his biological father's side and former tag team partner in the team of SPARTA.

Exodus: The exiled Spirit of Vengeance, crafted from the being of God Himself to do what a loving God could not. Exodus is responsible for Biblical events such as the great flood, the demolition of Sodom and Gomorrah, and fall of the Tower of Babel. Exodus was cast out of Heaven when he claimed paternity over the Son Jesus Christ due to the fact he had once been a part of God Himself. Landing in the world of the mortals, Exodus found himself bound to a mortal form and unable to focus his previous infinite power on any one source.

Lee Michaels:

Seth "Omega" Corleone: The biological son of Drew's uncle; Seth is legally Drew's cousin though they share no blood due to the unique nature of Drew's paternal situation (Seth's biological uncle is the father on Drew's birth certificate even though he is not actually the biological father). Drew and Seth knew each other as children before Seth was given up for adoption and they met again recently before Seth became a part of Full Metal Wrestling. Drew, finding Seth deep into a world of drugs and excess, set out to save his cousin and bring him into his life. Seth acted as a driving force behind Drew's bitterness towards FMW and helped to ground Drew during a lot of his more supernatural adventures due to his skepticism towards the whole affair. The two however, had a wedge driven between them recently due to Seth wandering back into his previous lifestyle and selling out his new belief system. This shattered the remains of the Broken Saints and left Drew once again alone in his quest to purify FMW.

Amatsu-Mikaboshi: The darkness that existed before Creation. Before God said "let there be light", there existed darkness. After the light pushed the darkness away, it formed a cohesive and conscious being that became known as Amatsu-Mikaboshi. The Japanese had many legends of this being but he did not fall into Drew's mythology until recently the spirit was causing mayhem in Japan drawing Drew's attention. Drew was able to dispel the beast temporarily until Mikaboshi, magical wordsword in hand, reappeared recently in the Dreaming where he slayed the Rainbow Serpent. Drew drove him off again but not before Mikaboshi revealed he was working for a so far unknown player in the War for Creation.

Chris Adams: The former Captain Courage of Vendetta Championship Wrestling fame, Chris Adams is a police officer who Drew has developed an extremely close relationship with through his work as a private investigator. Drew and Chris first came together while investigating the murder of a fellow VCW superstar and ended up allied during much of the attack by Exodus. After Exodus was defeated, Chris found himself promoted to the Federal Bureau of Investigation as a specialist in extraordinary and supernatural affairs; a position that means he has been calling on his old friend Drew more than ever.

Judge Jim Osbourne: The Judge first met Drew when he was 16, a year after he had run away from home when Wayne caught him with pot. Drew had come before the Judge for a shoplifting and Osbourne decided to take Drew in to live with him and his younger daughter Elizabeth in the Cleveland area (it was later revealed that some unknown manipulation by the Bryson family had pushed Drew into the area). The Judge was extremely involved in the local independent professional wrestling scene and convinced Drew to begin training as a wrestler in order to release some of his pent up tensions and aggression.

Jade Striker: The genius daughter of former FMW superstar Skyler Striker; Jade temporarily replaced Eddie Hooper as Drew's tech person during his run as a private investigator after she faked her own death to motivate her father. Drew grew to care for Jade like a daughter, feelings that fueled his hatred of Skyler Striker due to what Drew perceived as his neglect of Jade. However, Jade turned her back on him to support her father when Drew made his feelings on Skyler public. While still asking for Jade's assistance on occasion, typically by playing on her good nature, Drew has attempted to distance himself from her due to her wishes while still trying his best to watch over and protect her.

Gabriel:

Abraham: Drew's best friend and close aide, his technical job is to be Drew's liaison with the Masons and the Templar Knights. Abraham had worked closely with the previous Chosen One until he unfortunately killed himself and fell into the job with Drew as well during Drew's trip to Israel.

Azrael: The angel of death. Revealed recently to have abandoned his post by Suriel in his declaration to Drew.

Wayne Michaels: Drew's abusive asshole of a stepfather. Wayne is a small-time politician in Drew's childhood home of Florence, South Carolina who constantly used his two sons and wife to further his own agendas and was more concerned with his own image than anything else. It was Wayne who found the pot in Drew's room and, blaming his wife for Drew's failures, swung on Mary. Drew defended his mother, striking his father and leaving the home he grew up in forever. Drew did not see his father again for over a decade, finally coming back into his life when he went to South Carolina in search of his mother. Finding Mary dead, Drew blamed his father and used his resources within the Masons to ruin the remains of his political career and his reputation in retribution for the way his father had treated his family. Since then, Drew has only returned to his father's home twice; once when D. Hammond Samuels's ripped out Wayne's eye as a taunt to Drew and the second when he discovered the existence of his own son Lee. The two will likely never reconcile.

Kevin Michaels: Drew's half-brother through his mother. Kevin was the favored son growing up by miles by his father, though even that did help him completely escape Wayne's wrath. Drew knows little of Kevin's life after Drew left at the age of fifteen, a fact the two have both lamented as a major mistake. Kevin enlisted in the United States Army upon completion of high school and served tours of duty in Afghanistan before being discharged and committed to a mental institution due to a diagnosed case of serious Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Drew found his brother and visited him often. When the Masonic order Drew was working with revealed themselves to be a front for the holy terrorists known as The Grail, Drew also discovered that his brother was being drugged by Grail operatives in order to keep him from assisting Drew and also to keep Drew's mind on other things, thus simulating the PTSD. Free from the drugs, Kevin went on the road with Drew and his allies to fight back against The Grail, proving to be an incredibly capable ally due to his military training but suffered a bullet to the head for his efforts from the deadly Saint of Killers. However, recently Drew received a letter sent to his Pyromania General Manager office from the mysterious Department of Extraordinary Affairs implying that his brother was somehow alive.

Christopher Bryson: Drew and Nick's ancestor from the time period of the American Revolution. Christoph (his birth name) and his younger brother Zackary were Hessian soldiers hired by the British Empire to help put down the insurrection across the Atlantic.

Mary Michaels: Drew's mother, Mary is the ideal Drew aspires to be. A professor specializing in Revolutionary War era history in South Carolina at Florence's Francis Marion University, Mary's mind is where Drew gets his inquisitive nature.

Jacob Mobius: Lucifer Morningstar, the first of the Fallen. Forced out of his previous form of Ethan Black by the six other Princes of Hell in a bid for power orchestrated by Gabriel, the Morningstar was barely able to reconstitute himself in a new mortal form of Jacob Mobius. Swearing revenge on his demon brethren for destroying the last piece of his angelic identity, Jacob traveled the Earth and learned the ancient magicks in order to protect himself and strengthen his own abilities.

The Princes of Hell:

Elizabeth Osbourne: The daughter of Judge Jim Osbourne, Elizabeth was only fourteen years old when Drew came to live with them in Cleveland. Though younger than Drew; her gifted intelligence has placed her a grade higher and that, combined with his lack of formal education for a year placing him a year lower than he should be, had the two of them attending the same elite private school in the Cleveland area in the same class. Drew was very protective of Elizabeth, seeing her as his responsibility in order to pay back the Judge for his kindness.

The Saint of Killers:

Kenzo Yamamoto:

Title History

Full Metal Wrestling:

* FMW World Heavyweight Champion (1x)
- Defeated Ethan Black to win title; defended 2 times successfully; lost to Eric Scorpio.
* FMW Ultraviolent Champion (1x)
- Defeated War Machine to win title; defended 1 time successfully; lost to X.
* FMW C-4 Division Champion (2x)
- Defeated Hostyle to win title; defended 2 times successfully; stripped due to injury.
- Defeated Eric Scorpio to win title; defended 3 times successfully; lost to Chris Austin.
* Winner of first Mt. Vesuvius event
* FMW Debate Winner (2x)

Last edited by Drew Michaels on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Character Recap Thread   The Character Recap Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:36 am

[size=24]Abel Steele:[/size

Abel Steele joined FMW during cycle 9 at a time when Hostyle had just become FMW Champion.

He joined FMW originally as a means of making some quick money to pay for a friend's (Tim) hospital treatment. Tim was in a coma for years following a boxing match gone wrong.

Abel now finds himself suffering the effects of a long and brutal boxing career as dementia pugilistica rears its ugly head. His career is a ticking time bomb and he wants to get while the getting is good.

He also finds himself running a failing business now that his business partner is gone and without his wrestling income would be flat broke in no time.

Cast:

Right now there is no one in Abel's story with most of the supporting cast killed off in the promo for Supremacy and his adopted son now living away with grandparents. However here are their details for those who may be interested:

Tim: Abel's best friend and a fellow Olympic boxer like him. Spent several years in a coma before awakening last year. He blamed abel for what happened to him and was out to ruin Abel's life. Died during promo for Supremacy when revealed as the mastermind behind the plot to ruin Abel.

Emma: Wife of Tim and previously a love interest of Abel. Died during promo for Supremacy after betraying Abel and T.J

TJ: Son of Emma and Tim and adopted son to Abel. Has gone to live with his grandparents in Australia after Abel decided it was too dangerous for him to be around FMW.

Brian Cousins: Mentor and friend to Abel, they ran a wrestling/boxing gym in an old warehouse Brian owned. Died during Supremacy promo. Brian left the gym to Abel in his will.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: The Character Recap Thread   The Character Recap Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:29 am

The Characters

Seth "Omega" Corleone: A trail of broken sainthood left in his path, the extremist of what was once the Broken Saints finds himself in the middle of a situation. At first being a hero to everyone with his self-righteous story of coming clean off drugs, he quickly snapped due to lacking of funds, losing his girlfriend, and overall frustration. Now not only is he back on drugs, but he's also got severe concussions as well as a serious drinking problem. His astounding apathy has allowed him to turn on all his friends, even the ones who held him in the highest regard. Living.

Annalisa Moretti: Deceased former girlfriend of Seth Corleone, killed by Matthew P. Dunn. Deceased.

Asai Ngata: The trainer for Seth Corleone, Japanese born he played a character of a Sumo Wrestling Ninja. Deceased.

Komona Ngata: The wife of Asai, also the woman who gave The School of Hard Knox to Seth Omega. Deceased.

Drew Michaels: Coming soon...

Lewis Michaels: Seth's birth father.

Mark Johansson: Former tag team partner of Seth Omega. Whereabouts unknown.

Alexander Corleone: Seth's adopted father. Abused both his mother and him, former soldier from WWII who fought on the side of the Italy and Germany. Deceased.

Rebecca Corleone: Seth's adopted mother. Former beauty queen from Puerto Rico, abused often after being pronounced infertile. Whereabouts unknown.

Steve Storme: Longtime friend and indy tag team partner of Seth Omega. Living.

Yuri "Dragon" Ngata: Son of Asai and Komona Ngata who was originally trained by Seth in the School of Hard Knox. Living, in Japan.

Hammond Egger: Another former student of Omega's, currently active on the Independent Circut in Mexico. Living.

Dallas Roland: Yet another one of Omega's former students who was active until death. Deceased.

???: Coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The Future" Anwyl
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Character Recap Thread   The Character Recap Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:13 am

J.L Anwyl:

BACKSTORY- A Wrestling History

J.L Anwyl (real name: Jacob Anwar) is my character. Anwyl has had a drug and alcohol problem since his late teens being caught up in a business where bigger often means better. Anwyl was introduced to painkillers early in his career (around 2008 at Vegas Championship Wrestling) after a segment with a former friend saw Anwyl cop a chair in the back of the head and dislocated shoulder. Anwyl left shortly after while VCW died weeks later.

Anwyl was left without a job and quickly hit rock bottom getting in various altercations in the Las Vegas Strip area. Anwyl went and joined FMW under the New Era Wrestling division and but was Anwyl was offered a job at the newly created True Wrestling Revived in which saw Anwyl go from a jobber to main event status after gaining a mega push, power quickly rushed to Anwyl's head and he became depended on take painkillers on regular occasions.

TWR addressed the issue and sent Anwyl to a drug and alcohol rehab clinic in Chicago, IL. Anwyl spent six months at the undisclosed rehab clinic with the promise of a job back at TWR. TWR closed 2 months into Anwyl's rehab which caused him to become depressive And often angry when told something is wrong. With no where to go Anwyl applied for various jobs in the Chicago area, only finding success at Wal-Mart and McDonalds. Anwyl came across FMW in an old contact book, he called up his former employers and worked out a deal which saw Anwyl gain a trial match.

12.3 Ammunition: vs. Jeff Watson (2.97 APS + 1.1 Vote = 4.07 Total) WIN

I got the win off a no show, Anwyl pretty much taunted Watson and talked about how deserving he is of getting a title shot or something... really... this promo is to be ignored!!

Mt. V Match: vs. Various Opponents (TBA APS + TBA Vote+ TBA) TBA

First real promo, It see Anwyl trip balls over his time spent in rehab and Anwyl keeps having flash back memories through out the whole promo. Wesley Hollywood (who lives with Anwyl and is a close friend of Anwyl's) decides to show Anwyl a "secret investment" in which is a gym bought specially for the training of Anwyl. J.L is harassed by a Homeless man telling him that the end is near and anarchy is upon us. Anwyl slightly reveals that his former trainer and long time friend was killed in which Anwyl blames himself for. Anwyl also has a small match with (in his opinion) a douche bag known as Jack Benson. Anwyl escapes from Chicago and bails after seriously injuring Jack in a fight in Wesley's gym. People often refer to Anwyl as Anwar or Jacob as that is his real name... (sorry if it causes confusion)

Last edited by Master "The Anwyl" Red on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jacob.anwyl
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: The Character Recap Thread   The Character Recap Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Christopher Bradford (Chris) Austin - Former soldier turned wrestler. Grew up, to his knowledge, as an only child. A self-proclaimed free spirit that grew up in a household predicated on order and discipline, eventually chose to follow in his father's footsteps and serve the United States of America. Quickly grew bored of that and felt that it was not what he wanted to do in life. Discharged after approximately four years of service and a couple of tours of duty to the Middle East. Came to FMW under the guise of trying to bring about some sort of change that would allow for fellow free-spirits to be accepted. While not exactly bringing about that change, unrivaled pure athleticism and unbridled work ethic allowed him to run over any and every one to start his career so long as the opponent was not a major player or champion. However, personal issues and failures in important situations (struggled to win championship-caliber matches) quickly warped his goal from that, to rapist, to currently Student of the Game, which seems to be his niche. Since becoming said Student of the Game, he has been able to win the big matches and has become one of the more decorated competitors to ever step foot in FMW and is widely regarded as the best pure athlete in FMW, as well as one of the most calculating and cerebral.

Accomplishments:

*Hayabusa Cup Champion (2x; 2008, 2010)
*King of Full Metal Wrestling (by virtue of winning 2010 Hayabusa Cup)
*FMW C-4 Champion (current; def. Drew Michaels to win title)
*FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champion (current w/Alex O'Rion; def. Crash Scene [Skyler Striker and Leon Caprice] to win titles. One successful defense to date)

James Bradford (Jay) Austin: Chris' father, a retired high-ranking official in the Armed Forces. Ran the Austin household, when he was around, like a tight ship. Despite hard-ass nature, is generally a caring parent. Currently has a strained relationship with Chris due to various incidents dealing with Chris' inability to properly cope with Eve's (see below) death and Jay's frustration with the incident as a whole, as well as other things. Living.

Eve Austin: Chris' mother. Former professional that became a housewife following her pregnancy with Chris as well as Jay's various tours of duty. Died from injuries sustained in a car crash when Chris was 16. Even though the car was side-swiped in an intersection, Chris was driving the car and to this day blames himself for her death as a result of a minuscule, largely irrelevant to the incident (Chris has not accepted this) error which he feels could have prevented the tragedy had he been more attentive (which is one quality that drives his current mindset).

James Bradford Austin II: Chris' younger brother, a toddler at this current time. Chris loves the boy as his own son and hopes to one day gain custody of him one way or another. Due to his job, Austin is unable to make the amount of time that he would like with the boy and has to settle for offering substantial financial support. Living.

Jaime Miller: Chris' one-time high school sweetheart and until two or three years ago, the woman he saw as the one. Mother of James II. Chris and Jaime had a 'tryst' in early 2008, and it was believed that this resulted in James II's conception. It eventually came out that James Sr. and Jaime had made a drunken mistake a couple of weeks earlier. The revealing of this fact significantly contributed to Chris' colder view of the world as well as his misogynistic tendencies. Living.

Kylie Alexis (Alex) Miller: Jaime's younger sister and a former love interest of Chris, whose relationship, while short-lived was based predominantly on high levels of sexual compatibility. Developed a 'Fatal Attraction' for Chris after he received her advances and stopped due to her hand in the whole "Your son is your brother" fiasco. Her mental troubles manifested themselves in an incident where she sneaked into Chris' home, attacked, bound and raped (non-homo version) him. In response, Chris attempted to beat her to death, and nearly killed his unborn child in the process, with whom she is currently pregnant (he doesn't know this) due to the rape. Living.

Alexander Keith (Alex) O'Rion: Chris' tag team partner, idol, and closest thing to a best friend that he has. Is his complete opposite and has stopped Chris from finishing unspeakable things that would possibly ruin his life forever, in particular the attempted rape and kidnapping of Shelia Blige and the assault on Kylie. Likes his beer, and has his own personal demons. As a result of this and the constant career comparisons, Alex O'Rion has taken it on himself to lead Chris back on the path of respectable human being while Chris tries to restore the name of the wrestler that he wanted to be like. Chris resents these actions and Alex O'Rion as he is, to Chris, being hypocritical and sees this partnership as one where only Chris is trying to hold up his end of the deal. Living.

Karma Jones: 17-year-old daughter of Dante Jones (RAMPAGE!) and de facto niece/god-daughter of Alex O'Rion. Currently resides with Alex O'Rion and Chris while Dante works through his personal problems, addiction and loss of faith in humanity. Shares many common interests with Chris and they are building quite the friendship, much to the dismay and disgruntled feelings of Alex O'Rion. Living.
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Apostasy
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: The Character Recap Thread   The Character Recap Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:21 pm

Great idea for a thread! Cliff notes version:

-Apostasy comes into FMW with high expectations, expecting greatness of himself. Determined to correct himself where his forerunners (the two Edibles) have failed: apathy.

-Apostasy closes off himself to his past over the first few promos, with the death of his adoptive father (exploring his atheism), the death of his closest high school friends and by embracing the Broken Saints.

-Joining the saints ends his friendship with Edible Smith, as Edible doesn't think the Saints' goals are noble, and that Apostasy is distorting himself to be one of them

-All the while, Apostasy, just like the Edibles, struggles in the ring. Some times he finds success, but always manages to fail when he has "big" opportunities - Title shots, the Gold Card Gauntlet, etc.

-A question appears whether Apostasy has "it". Does he lack the proper self-motivation and determination to win the big one?

-Also, random notes with song lyrics appear from a person addressing himself as "TM" (green T, red M), which turns out to be Edible Matthewson (TM = Toxic Misfit, a mashup of two of EM's character phases, the "deliciously toxic" and the phase of being part of The Misfits)

-Edible Matthewson dies as an old man, filled with regret. Apostasy chooses not to let himself become ashamed of himself

-After winning the Abandoned championship, Apostasy establishes a new mantra/ethos. He has abandoned perfection, and has allowed it to come to him. What others might call mediocrity, he calls perfection, while still being perfectly aware of the contributions from others that made it possible for him to live the way he does

Most of my promos also involve stories having fuck-all to do with Apostasy, told as metaphors for something Apostasy is going through... or are just philosophically interesting.

Last edited by Edible14 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The Future" Anwyl
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Character Recap Thread   The Character Recap Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Updated for ANWYL
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jacob.anwyl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Character Recap Thread   The Character Recap Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Character Recap Thread
Page 1 of 1