Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

De's Character Development Help-Center

Go down 
+6
Christian Moorebyss
The Celt
Cactus Sam
McDaygo
RCA
iDeAndes
10 posters
AuthorMessage
iDeAndes

Rep : -13

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

De's Character Development Help-Center Empty
PostSubject: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:59 pm

I've been meaning to post this for awhile. But it's come to my attention that people either need a good creative kick in the ass or some other type of stimulation to get the creative juices flowing (read: hookers and blow).

Have a question about your character? Ask it.

Need help developing a new one? I'm your man.

Wondering if a significant gimmick shift could help turn you around? Fire away.

Last edited by iDeAndes on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm pretty sure you've given me buku (read: a lot) of help, but it's mostly promo and story ideas.

I want to get the most I can out of the Student of the Game gimmick as I think that it can be gold as a cocky heel, deragned, or even a bad ass face/ the Tweener thing you don't like. Your suggestions about traits and behaviors I could use in addition to what I have now, I'd love to hear them from you.

Jaro. even Hostyle, and Bryson have given me good ideas, I want to hear yours so that I may run with the more consistent suggestions.
Back to top Go down
McDaygo

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:18 pm

I am open to anything
Back to top Go down
Cactus Sam

Cactus Sam

PostSubject: Re: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:20 pm

De have you changed your AIM at all?

Should i come back it'd be cool to bounce a few ideas off you and you just never seem to be on Sad
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:31 pm

<--Would also prefer AIM
Back to top Go down
Christian Moorebyss

Christian Moorebyss

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian Moore
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Gimme what ya got (creative wise I mean, nothing sexual thanks lol). I could use all the help I can get.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:09 pm

My AIM SN is deandesjohnson.

For the sake of some examples, I'll even create some template characters for your amusement/use.

I'll also address your individual requests VIA PM or AIM depending on which you prefer.

Ulysses S. Anderson

Stats
  • Billed As: Ulysses S. Anderson
  • Height: 6'6"
  • Weight: 254lbs

Background Info
  • Billed From: Indianapolis, Indiana
  • Additional Billing Info: "U.S.A", The All-American Hero (Prefix)
  • Alignment: Heel
  • Affiliation:
  • Biography: Born and raised to conservative Irish Catholic parents (John and Mary Anderson) in West Lafayette, Indiana, Ulysses Seymour Anderson was destined to do two things: 1) be the absolute best at every thing he does and 2) become a Purdue Boilermaker. And so it came to pass after many achievements in his adolescent life including state and federal athletic scholarships, Homecoming King, Eagle Scout, ect. It was at Purdue that he found his calling in Broadcast Journalism whilst playing shooting guard for the Men's Basketball Team and he excelled, well on his way to the fast track of joining the NBA. However that would all change once Anderson took over for Purdue's school radio program and began launching racially subversive and decidedly "far-right" diatribes, ranging from the topics of the War on Terror to the Civil Rights Movement to the separation of church and state on the behalf of the entire university, offending the racial minority attending the school and, in particular, the son of a wealthy sheik who happened to be on the school's Governor's Board.

Besmirching the good name of Purdue, his athletic scholarships were revoked and Anderson was kicked out of the university just twelve units shy of receiving his bachelor's degree. Disgraced, Anderson quickly sought a career in local radio that only floundered miserably. It wasn't until he met a fellow disgraced conservative radio show host in Robert Lillihammer that he became re-emboldened on his quest to bring Republican, wholesome, American values to the masses despite their willingness to hear it. It was Lillihammer who personally trained the naturally gifted phenom in the arts of the squared circle, teaching him a rudimentary, basic move set to compliment his raw strength and power.

A recent signee to an FMW contract, Ulysses was moved to New Era Wrestling for training purposes and to assess his ability. His instructors have deemed him "bull-headed" and "obliviously arrogant" - a perfect caricature of the U.S. of A.
  • Trophy Showcase:

Wrestling Info
  • Entrance Theme: Toby Keith - "Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue (The Angry American)"
  • Entrance: A litany of pyro of a multicolored spectrum erupts suddenly from the stage, a cascade of blue and white sparks showering down from above whilst bright cherry red strobes pulsate to the sounds of Toby Keith. Ulysses gradually makes his entrance, draped in an American flag and carrying sparklers in each hand, waving merrily to the tempo of his theme music as if the rain of boos have absolutely no effect on him. With a cheery pluck, he makes his way down the aisle with a confident albeit stagnant stride, disregarding the sparklers and attempting to shake the hands of the unwilling fans while spouting such gems as "God Bless America and no place else" and "Freedom isn't free" all while sporting a broad, cheesy smile. Finally after about two minutes of this behavior, he makes his way to the ring.

Upon reaching the ring, Anderson pauses to string the American Flag upon a pole erected over one of the ring posts, taking a mic in hand, he ques the production truck to kill his music and begins shushing the crowd to a dead silence before urging them to follow him in uttering the "Pledge of Allegiance".
  • Wrestling Style(s): Power
  • Primary Finisher: G.O.P (Grand Ol' Party) - Military Press into a Fireman's Carry Facebuster
  • Secondary Finisher(s):
    • The Patriot Act - Scissored Armbar
    • Spirit of '76 - Running High-Impact Lariat

• Moveset:

• Fallaway Slam
    • Falling Vertical Suplex
    • Shoulder Tackle
    • Clothesline
    • 3 Pump-Vertical Suplex
    • Running Big Boot
    • Body Slam
    • Powerbomb
    • Sit-out Hip Toss
    • A variety of rest holds

• High Spots: Won't
  • Will:
    • Force the crowd to utter the "Pledge of Allegiance" before each match despite what country he's in. The match will not start until he hears a good portion of the audience saying it along with him.
    • Interupt the match to speak on the microphone about social issues like abortion or anti-trust laws. Ulysses is an extremely big detractor of anything decidedly Liberal, often referring to the Democratic Party and its leaders as "Closet Commies".
    • Be horrifyingly scared of anything homosexual. Ulysses is classified as homophobic.
    • Be covertly racist and/or biased towards any ethnicity other than white. He is especially mistrustful of Asians for their "notoriously poor driving" but concedes that they are a necessary evil for their engineering/mathematical skills. Mexicans or any other Hispanic aren't classified as "real people", are all "illegals", and generally should be left on the other side of the wall annexing America and Latin America.
    • Be overtly disparaging of the European Union or Europe in general. Especially the French. Canadian's are invariably met with a sort of casual disregard.
    • Idolize people like Tom Petty, George W. Bush, Ronald Regan, Robert Lillihammer, Rush Limbaugh, Robert Smalls, Neil Armstrong, Dwight D. Eisenhower, and Herbert Hoover.
    • Claim to be a paradigm of Christian Morality.
    • Preach to whomever will listen about his thoughts on the socio-political climate of modern-day America compared to a pre-Clinton Administration.
    • Blame Bill Clinton and Barack Obama for current events despite the unlikelihood that they had anything to do with it.
    • Commentate, compare, and contrast himself and whomever he's feuding with at the time from the announce booth.
    • Be cowardly. If there's an out, he'll take it. If there's a corner to cut, he'll do it. He also isn't opposed to getting himself counted-outed or intentionally disqualified due to roughness.
    • Be cocky if he knows he has an advantage. Taunting is a certainty during his matches.
    • Use rest holds to slow the match down to a banging, bashing pace.

• Won't:
    • Cheat blatantly. Underhandness is a tactic perfected over time and sleight of hand is something Ulysses is quite adept at. Often, he will throw a weapon into an opponent's hand and pretend to be rendered unconscious by it to force the disqualification. Despite his muscular, lean frame, Ulysses is a tactician before a powerhouse and would rather outsmart an opponent than bludgeon him.
    • Swear. If and when it does slip out, Ulysses is quick to justify his actions and blame society for his misconduct.
    • Vary the order of his moveset. Either out of the sheer simplicity of his training or as a means to infuriate the crowd, Ulysses will always use five of his moves in the same order before leading into one of his three finishing maneuvers during television or house show appearances. Oddly enough, the moveset expands to its full number at a PPV.

• Base picture: De's Character Development Help-Center Hsrqyx

K¡d N!mbus

Stats
  • Billed As: K¡d N!mbus
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 132lbs

Background Info
  • Billed From: San Diego, California
  • Additional Billing Info:
  • Alignment: Face
  • Affiliation:
  • Biography:
  • Trophy Showcase:

Wrestling Info
  • Entrance Theme: Linkin Park - Session
  • Entrance:
  • Wrestling Style(s): Aerial/Lucha Libre/Showman
  • Primary Finisher: The Tempest - Imploding 450° Splash
  • Secondary Finisher(s):
    • Ninth Wave - Ranhei
    • Kloud K!ck - Pelé Kick

• Moveset:

• El Hijo de Misterio - Springboard Corscrew Hurricanrana
    • Topé
    • Shining Wizard to a cornered opponent
    • Springboard Corkscrew Senton

• High Spots: Will
  • Will:

• Base picture: De's Character Development Help-Center 2v0e913

Last edited by iDeAndes on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:57 pm

Your winner, and NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION...
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 2:20 am

It honestly would be more cohesive than anything TNA's ever done.

I'll be fielding personal queries as soon as I type up character creation tutorials for the general public using the templates as examples (instead of singling people out). Until then, hang tight with your questions.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:59 pm

I would love some help and or your ideas on how to flesh out Axel. I have a few good ideas from RCA and Cactus Sam that I plan on implementing at 11.3, but I would love to hear your take since you took me so lightly a show or two ago.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Isn't Ulysses's gimmick Robert Lillehammer's?
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:52 pm

They're similar. I won't lie, I did draw inspiration from Lillipad. As well as Dom Imus. Hence why he's the one who "found" U.S.A (see whut I did thar?)
Back to top Go down
Mark Johansson

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Mark Johansson
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:33 am

i would like some character feedback, either AIM or PM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: De's Character Development Help-Center   De's Character Development Help-Center I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

De's Character Development Help-Center
Page 1 of 1