Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The FMW AFL Thread

Go down 
+2
Abel Steele
Tromboner Man
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Rep : 15

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian G. Smitten
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:27 pm

To spite Slegna, who called AFL a boring game, I bring you the AFL thread. Discuss your Australian Rules Football fandom here, and worship the great team known as the Western Bulldogs.

For everyone's information, I'll be running a "pick-em" competition, much like the College Football Pick-Em, and I'll be starting a Dream Team Competition as well.

In other AFL news, Gold Coast are gonna be top 8 in their debut, and more than likely reach the second round of the finals. Premiership within 5, and it'll then be dominated by GWS and Gold Coast for a few years. The AFL have really stacked their teams.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/trombonerman
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:43 am

1. Sleg is stupid
2. The Western Bulldogs are stupid....... and poor
3. Gold Coast will be premiers within 5 years. (not 100% sold on top 8 in year 1....)
4. Dream Team! Hell yeah! We are totally starting a private FMW league. We almost have enough aussies
5. Sleg is stupid
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:54 am

Your face is stupid.

Also, glad you started this TBM, I knew I'd be able to spur one of the Aussies into action after my comment. Reverse psychology rules.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:28 am

Abel Steele wrote:
2. The Western Bulldogs are stupid....... and poor

The Western Bulldogs are financially secure, because of the redevelopment of the EJ Whitten oval into the first class training facility it is.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:17 am

Well they are still stupid.

Seriously who plays an injured Johnson in the Semi Final. And picks up the likes of Hall and Aka when they know they are bad news. Its like people saw how Bad Ass WCE got with the drugs that they want their own rebellion.

Anyway, its going to be an interesting year. I expect to see GCS rise to 6th by the end. Geelong down to 7th. Fremantle to 3rd and premiers to be Collingwood again.

All from an West Coast Eagles supporter who hopes we don't get another spoon. Looking for 14th I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:24 am

Collingwood will not win the premiership again. It just will not happen.

The Bulldogs knew what they were getting into with Aker, and they ALMOST kept him under control. The thing with Barry Hall though wasn't his off field behaviour, it's his on field stuff. The Bulldogs have a much more positive on field attitude than Sydney did, so they've been able to keep Barry on side. It's actually been so good for him there's word he'll seek a contract for a third year. And they played Johnson in the Semi Final because he was going to retire, and he had a very good performance that night against the Swans.

I think the top 4 will consist of St. Kilda, Carlton, Fremantle and Collingwood. Carlton could swap out for the Bulldogs. Richmond will finish on the cusp of the 8, while the Demons will be in there.
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The Future" Anwyl
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:34 am

1. Collingwood are going to be back to back premiers fellas no doubt about it
2. Gold Coast are going to finish 8th (6th at the most)
3. Top 4 will consist of (in order of 1st to 4th) Collingwood, Western Bulldogs, Carlton, Fremantle/St. Kilda
4. Collingwood is the greatest team
5. FUCK RICHMOND, THEY ARE SHIT C*NTS
6. Supercoach or Dream Team?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jacob.anwyl
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:41 am

Collingwood will be tough to beat.

Top four will not include Fremantle who will be the big sliders this year after overperforming last year.

Pies/Saints/Hawks/Geelong

Gold Coast may struggle into the 8 with a LOT of luck but I'm tipping 10th. Yes they are loaded but it will take them time. Seriously there's maybe 10 guys in their squad who would make the best 22 at any one of the teams from last years finals. In their 3rd season though......scary D\'oh

The Western Bulldogs will never win a premiership......

Dreamteam.... although Supercoach is a better reflector of each player's true value.
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:59 am

Personally I prefer Supercoach, as you said it reflects a players true value and also I hate Dreamteams point system. I remember last year N. Dal Santo 45 D. Swann 114 in supercoach N. Dal Santo 98 D. Swann 94 or something. IDK but that was a frustrating moment
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:47 am

Last year I did dream team with Skyler at This location. And it worked nicely. I found AFL's dream team to complicated, plus I like teams where you can trade 1 player a week. Or take more as a penalty.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Leon Caprice wrote:
Last year I did dream team with Skyler at This location. And it worked nicely. I found AFL's dream team to complicated, plus I like teams where you can trade 1 player a week. Or take more as a penalty.

I prefer the strategy of Dream Team myself.... planning out your trades and managing injuries is all part of the deal. This year will be uber tough with the wierd fixturing especialy in the rounds where 3 teams have byes.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:35 pm

I'll have a look at both Dream Team, Footy Tips and Supercoach. Work out which one handles this year's fixturing best and that's the one we'll go with. I know the round with 3 teams on Byes are non-competitive rounds in Dream Team (IE - No Dream Team Matches), which is fair.
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:26 am

So how many people here are actuall australian to have a dream team/supercoach league going in FMW
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:30 pm

Of the active roster I think the four of us who have been posting in here are it?

But there are a handful of others who may be interested.... Skyler, Johansson et al

We only need 7 of us and then we can throw in one of the celebrity teams (last year I think I had Dean Cox's team in one of my Dream Team leagues....)
Back to top Go down
Pissant

Pissant

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jarryd Purser
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Go Bulldogs!

And I'd be up for tipping/dream team/super coach/whatever we end up doing Smile.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:13 am

I'm too lazy to change what I posted in the OOC thread

I've started an FMW AFL Dream Team, league. Join. I joined your NFL and Baseball leagues.

http://dreamteam.afl.com.au/ <- Sign up there. Use this code -> 476239

EDIT - I ended up chosing Dream Team because, even though they are a little more erratic in scoring and pricing, the changes in mechanics they've used will fairly balance the draw.
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Jamacob Heat!!! Is here to play
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The FMW AFL Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The FMW AFL Thread   The FMW AFL Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The FMW AFL Thread
Page 1 of 1