Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE Discussion Thread

Go down 
+21
Mark Johansson
The Returned
Slegna
Bobino
Jeff
Easy
Nicholas Gray
Eric Scorpio
Abel Steele
Kaoru
MetalKaiser
The Celt
Jetstream
Saggi the Dark Clown
Christian Moorebyss
Leon Caprice
PX
Rottata
Damien
Skyler Striker
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 pm

I didn't explain this very well, but meh. I didn't mean the surprise of what actually happens. I meant the surprise of the actual matches on the PPV card, which before was half the hype going into the PPV, if not more.

Before this whole PPV rebranding, say there was a TLC match announced. People would (for the most part) be generally surprised. Now, we'll be guaranteed get at least one every year at the TLC PPV. And when said match is announced, it'll just be taken for granted. No more surprise for gimmick match announcements, which quite often are the wave WWE rides on to hype a PPV.

Personally, now feud build up seems overly scripted since instead of letting things flow naturally, they'll be tailored to fit an upcoming PPV theme.

But that's my opinion, by no means was I saying I wasn't surprised by anything on WWE television anymore, just the way buildup is performed and how/what matches are announced..

Though, I'm shocked you were surprised by Edge returning/winning the Rumble.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 am

I knew he was coming back at the Rumble, I just didn't expect him to win as I thought he had a ready-made feud with Jericho to come back to that would last until Wrestlemania or so... and Jericho isn't champ.

And remember, this is all virtually unknown to the mark community.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:53 am

For the record, Kofi was in last years chamber as well. He just got taken out by Edge.

As for the creativity lacking, I'm betting on some pick up in the coming months with being head to head with TNA. Whether they are consider big competition or not is another matter, but Vince should know that when direct competition is there and channel flicking is an option, the game needs to be stepped up, even a little bit.

And a note on the themed PPV's, it seems the Steel Cage is the only match that is sacred these days.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:45 pm

The bad news is this: Sheamus is no longer world champ...Cena Bastista is

The Good news is: MICHAELS! MICHAELS! MICHAELS! Both World champs are in my WFL stable as Jericho became the other world champ

GREAT SUCCESS
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:08 pm

Oh Holy fuck...

It's the Streak vs Michael's Career.

Goddamn
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Full Credit to WWE, they're setting up a really good Wrestlemania, with Edge v Jericho, HBK v Taker, and Cena V Batista. It was fairly predicted up to now but the good thing is that its actually happening. Even though Cena/Batista should singles WWE Title, Vince and Bret will have to get in their somehow.

Still, Mania is in good shape as of now
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Personally I would have liked to have seen HHH and Sheamus go for the belt while Cena and Batista did it for pride. Michaels vs Taker should be amazing, as there's been little talk about whether Michaels is truly retiring or not.

I really want to see Mania this year

EDIT: By the way, the Michaels/Taker video was like the best of all time, it had fucking Placebo in it! Even good ol' JR was marking out:

JR On The HBK vs. Taker Hype Video: Music has become such a large part of the wrestling scene and that fact was never more evident than the choice of music used in the HBK-Undertaker video package Monday night. I Tweeted (JRsBBQ) about this seconds after I saw it and I will willingly go into a hyperbole-free zone to say it was one of the best vignettes that I can ever remember seeing on a wrestling, TV show. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Easy

Easy

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Eddie Chamberlain
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:26 am

Watching Elimination Chamber this morning. What is with Michael Cole and King dropping to the murmuring, grave tone whenever Randy Orton ever attacks anyone? Orton DDT's HHH onto the steel and their acting like their calling the aftermath of the Owen Heart incident. They do it way too often, pretty much anytime a heel gets the better of a face in a segment, and it really cheapens all dramatic effect they could have if something were to actually happen.
Back to top Go down
http://SubmittoSuggestion.com
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Rep : -10

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Skyler Striker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:08 am

I AM NEVER WATCHING WRESTLING AGAIN.

Today, WWE fired both Maria (sexiest diva fired = BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) and the best pirate to ever grace WWE's ring, Paul Birchall (C4 ftw).

Today is a sad day.

Oh, Hurricane got fired again. And a ref.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Eric Scorpio
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:10 am

Don't really care about teh Burchill one as he wasn't being used anyways.

Maria on the other hand makes no sense.

She just got voted as Diva of the Year and starting in March is the Celebrity Apprentice airing that Maria is on. I don't understand firing her before that show goes up.
Back to top Go down
Mark Johansson

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Mark Johansson
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:49 am

Maria was as her name suggests ... a Maria. Maria's are not hot.

But wtf is WWE NXT?
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Charlie Haas got future endevour'd
And your new TNA World Champion is...

But seriously, the guy would be a good pickup for TNA, he's got a lot of talent.

Also, March 15th, shall be a late night for me, Stone Cold hosting RAW. His RAW and Rocky's RAW should be two fun nights. TNA are in over their heads. TNA are showing epics before iMPACT! starts on Austin's night to try and lure the fans away, so interesting to see how they do.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:36 pm

Double post, i dont care.

I finally got around to watching Y2J against AmDrag, and that announce table spot looked almost identical to the time Chris Benoit broke his back against booker T. If I had seen that when it aired I would have thought that was it for him.

Also, Cole was terrible on commentary, and Im happy for Danielsons push
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Actually, I thought Cole was more amusing, as he now had a legitimate heel character to play. It seemed that he actually had a direction.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:42 am

WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 9c7678aedc2d82be805355193f83a0b48f3dc4a7 vs WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 2icbfyc

WHAT the fuck was Booker doing on that one???
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Well, the vignette on Raw proves it.

Shawn Michaels is Drew Michaels.

No one else loves religious Johnny Cash songs that much, no one.
Back to top Go down
David GS
FMW Anarchy Ultraviolent Champion
FMW Anarchy Ultraviolent Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: David GS
Championship: FMW Television Championship

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:10 pm

Spear, spear, SPEAR! I KNEW I picked that move for a reason. Smile
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:24 am

MAJOR smackdown! spoiler coming your way

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:07 pm

WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 Nolaylakavalisyourbrother
Lucky Bastard
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:26 pm

If anyone didn't see the end of the latest NXT, it was awesome. Husky Harris got eliminated, and immediately Dashing Cody Rhodes goes into an awesome meltdown mode, cutting a promo that had the arena rocking. Cody was basically blazin' on everyone, telling Zach Ryder "Oh yeah you're a real pro, good luck in your future endeavours" and basically called Layla a pro in the slut sense. Cue him blazin on the rookie before shit goes nuts and a wild passionate brawl goes down.

Love it Love it love it. Totally dug it as a segment.

Also in the show was Michelle asking Layla was she into Kaval. Layla denied (well, sort of Wink ) but for the rest of the show she was doing these subtle non-verbal body language stuff, such rushing to give Kaval a massive hug after he beat Harris and draping her arm around him while going up the ramp.

The wrestling wasn't crazy but as far as angle and character advancement went the show was spot on.

I would totally back Cody Rhodes hiring Harris to be his bodyguard or something so he can appear on Smackdown (as in kayfabe he doesn't have a contract with WWE now).
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:50 pm

John Cena joins the Nexus: Great angle or Greatest angle?

The sheiks of the crowd when Cena took off his purple armband were crazy. I don't think I've ever heard anything remotely like that in my life. It was like "Horror" distilled into a verbal sound.

Seriously right now RAW is must watch TV.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Too early to call it great nor greatest. It's still a watch and see.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Personally I kinda hope Cena begins harming up to the Nexus when they back him up in some fights or whatever because "he's one of their own", leading to him donning the black and gold as an evil goatee of evilness. However, I accept it's probably more likely to go down the road of the original Virgin/Million Dollar Man storyline or ala a pseudo Stone Cold storyline where Stone Cold has to do what McMahon says for a while until he finally snaps and goes nuts on him.
Back to top Go down
Freakie

Freakie

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Cliff Carson
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:21 am

The Celt wrote:
Personally I kinda hope Cena begins harming up to the Nexus when they back him up in some fights or whatever because "he's one of their own", leading to him donning the black and gold as an evil goatee of evilness. However, I accept it's probably more likely to go down the road of the original Virgin/Million Dollar Man storyline or ala a pseudo Stone Cold storyline where Stone Cold has to do what McMahon says for a while until he finally snaps and goes nuts on him.

It's Virgil, you know.

But personally, I think the whole Nexus thing is dumb, and many of their matches are sort of overpowered in favor of the Nexus, like back when it was 7 on 7 elimination with RAW vs. the Nexus leading up to SummerSlam. If I recall, not even a single Nexus member was eliminated back then, and that was against some of the most seasoned members of RAW.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:33 am

And then Cena squashed Nexus at said event.

Thus, your argument is moot. The power of the Nexus can be described as a rollercoaster ride, at best.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:32 am

WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 Photobomb-that-guy-whered-ya-go-baby

Go Barrett.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:33 am

When was this?
Back to top Go down
Easty

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:52 am

Not sure, I found it on Thisisphotobomb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion Thread   WWE Discussion Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE Discussion Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4