Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW OOC Thread

Go down 
+50
robbclarke
Back Home
Jaro Classic
Bobino
War Machine
The Returned
Cactus Sam
Harles
Valladon
Ashburn
Sharpedo King
X
Storm183
Drew Michaels
Anwyl
iDeAndes
Damien
Vincent Van Rose
Lucian
Drake Parker
Kiyoshi Ryu
MASS Caesar
Hannibal Frost
Tromboner Man
Dano
the nick bryson
Omega
David GS
Vendetta
MPD
John Andrews
Freakie
The Dude
TyranT
Edible14
Alex O'Rion
David Ravish
Leon Caprice
John Derrick
Slegna
Jeff
Leviticastform
Abel Steele
Rottata
Nicholas Gray
Easy
PX
RCA
The Celt
Easty
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Anwyl

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The Future" Anwyl
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:31 am

Leon Caprice wrote:
Hopefully the rookies will see that before opening a conversation with him.

It's all we can do to limit the severity of Seth Omega.

Shocked

It could have told to me before he offered me candy to climb into his white van.

No

Seth McFatty Fat Fat wrote:
Well in theory it's not a bad idea, but every time anything needed to be moved it's always came down to two-three people doing it. If someone were to buy the domain and pay to have it hosted we'd need a ton of people to help set it up and move it over and make it sexy for it to be fair for whomever bought said domain.

Could we all be lazy and just use fullmetalwrestling.com to redirect to this site?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jacob.anwyl
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:39 am

That would be a waste of resources, to have a paid domain and not fully utilize it. As I mentioned to Sean 2 this morning, I'm pretty sure there's an option just to pack up these boards and place them on the website, if we so choose. I'll look into it, if we're serious about getting a real domain.
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The Future" Anwyl
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:47 am

Makes sense.

Also, when paying for it? It seems a little unfair for just one person paying for a site that so many people are able to use. IF we were to use the domain name would we "split the bill" or what?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jacob.anwyl
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:14 am

Yeah, I think that it would be a community effort to pitch in and help out the fed.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:56 am

That's really a simple solution.

One person puts the bill on a card, then the others who chip in retain Modship/Adminship.

Isn't that about the same concept we used last time?
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
FMW World Tag Team Champion
Nicholas Gray

Rep : 19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:00 am

I seem to recall, back when we had the site and were using it, when time came around to renew it Robb started made a paypal or somethin' and people donated to it.

Let's just do that again.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:20 am

The problem is global money, guys from England or Aussieland can't donate because it's USD.

On top of that, most of FMW barely makes enough money for themselves.

We'd have to go through adsense again, or some other ad agency...upon that we might get 1/4 of the funds to run the site.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Rep : 15

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian G. Smitten
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:50 am

Not necessarily. It would actually be cheaper for an Australian or an Englishman to pay for the sit costs as it is, because the US Dollar is so weak right now.

EDIT: Some currency conversions, accurate as of 4:51pm Saturday May 7 2011, Australian Eastern Time

1 AU Dollar buys 1.06975 US Dollars
1 British Pound buy 1.63680 US Dollars
1 Canadian Dollar buys 1.03456 US Dollars

Last edited by Tromboner Man on Sat May 07, 2011 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/trombonerman
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:51 am

Seth I'm...pretty sure paypal can convert money.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:52 am

Yeah, we used what Nick 2 said. Also, you can donate no matter what your currency is, since it's online. Also consider the fact that Robb's Canadian, so by your logic he would've only been able to receive donations from Canadians.

Also, we're not going to be determining Admin/modship by amount of dollars donated. That's stupid.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 3:23 am

Lol...Anwyl donates 500 dollars, becomes new Admin.

Totally rockstar.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 3:27 am

And that is the worst use of Totally Rockstar ever.

I now see why Sleg hates it.
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 3:29 am

Well, i'll definitely chip in some cash
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:30 am

That's a good idea Damien, I was going to suggest we whore out Nick 2 for to 1,000 fat chicks for 100 bucks apiece to cover all finances but it's much easier to have people chip in like 5 bucks along the way.
Back to top Go down
robbclarke

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:31 am

Cheap solution: the domain name is about $10 to purchase - buy that and forward it tonthis URL and then you don't need to worry about hosting and building a new forum.

The cost from the old site came from the hosting and was about $150 annually but you can avoid that altogether by buying the domain and just forwarding it here.

If someone wants to purchase it just fire of an email or FB message me and I can give you the authorization code for the transfer. Youll need to set up an account with a registrar, I recommend godaddy.com for just domain registrations but if you're hosting too then dreamhost.com

Once the account is set up you'll be able to put through the domain transfer request using the authorization code.

Ben, I'm on my phone and it takes forever to write this out so consider this my reply to your FB message as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:32 am

If we do the cheap solution, I wouldnt mind goin halvesies or even just payin it all.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:19 am

Like I've said previously, I've been working my ass off lately so I do have a wee bit of extra money floating around.

And I don't want to go against Robb's knowledge of everything internet, but would hosting just a domain name work if this site is pretty much an extension of forumotion? I have no idea how that works, so I just thought I'd ask.

And I <3 you, Robb.

HavOc4Lyfe
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:10 pm

I've a debit visa card; I haven't tried using it to buy anything on the internet, but if it does work I'll chip in.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Rep : -13

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:56 pm

In order for your debit card to work on most sites, you need a Pay Pal account. I recommend you do so.

Furthermore, as someone right now who is trying to make FMW a new phBB3 skin for FMW and being restricted by shitty things (namely Forumotion's inability to upload skins outside of hitskin), I'd prefer to set the redirect script on the forum (which I know how to do).

But for the time being, I can redirect the fullmetalwrestling.com url here and let people with more say take charge. Don't want to step on any toes Smile.
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Apostasy

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 4:48 pm

I can chip in some cash if need be ($20?). Would be willing to do so if we want to do fullmetalwrestling.com again.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Actually, most sites don't call for paypal when using a debit card. Only sites like Ebay require a paypal account. Why? I dunno.

But yeah, in any case, this would have to be one of those paypal instances anyway.

That would work tho.
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Butters
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:12 pm

I'd be willing to put it on my card, and have you guys make donations to my PayPal.

Obviously, I'd be willing to pay for a chunk of the cost as well.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:16 pm

Well this is obviously something for Drew to decide since he's in charge and all, we could buy the domain and redirect it here or if it pleases the roster we could design a new site entirely.

Up to everyone really, but I'd advise against anyone getting a host until we got confirmation that we'd have 4-6 people able to move things over to a new board. If we redirect then we wouldn't really have to do too much of anything.
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:22 pm

Yeah, i want to hear what Drew and our HWs think.

That's why i made sure they know they have options, and someone willing to take care of the finacial aspect.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Everything was saved by multiple people due to the AIRScare 2011. It wouldn't be a difficult transfer. I also recommend that multiple, trustworthy people have access to the host so as to avoid one person claiming sole ownership and nuking the site on a whim and also to assuage that prevalent fear with others.

As for the cost, it will have to be split between the domain and the host which runs..if you get the premium package on GoDaddy.com for hosting, to about $25 USD on a monthly basis. Unless, of course, you go with one of the other packages which range between one and three years. It'd be the most ideal should we want to host our own forum (which I recommend but frankly can't make a judgment call on).

I can check other hosts but GoDaddy's servers are pretty stable.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:24 pm

Yeah, I got all shows saved, and was gonna upload them all to Mediafire and maintain a downloadable show archive to cut down on show loss when these things happen.
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:26 pm

De is right, we need to avoid nukings by having multiple people be responsible and able to restore order.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Nicholas Gray wrote:
Yeah, I got all shows saved, and was gonna upload them all to Mediafire and maintain a downloadable show archive to cut down on show loss when these things happen.

Do so peeze.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:07 pm

I will, I just got hit by a setback from Vista fucking me in the ass so I have to re-save everything except the PPVs again.

Oh well. I'll start uploading stuff tonight, and make a thread for the archive once I got it all nice n' purdy.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:17 pm

You need to either upgrade to Windows 7 or go back to XP.

Vista is horrid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 24 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW OOC Thread
Page 24 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next