Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rookie Q&A Thread

Go down 
+12
Hannibal Frost
Nicholas Gray
MASS Caesar
Lucian
Tromboner Man
Drew Michaels
Omega
Rottata
Slegna
the nick bryson
The Celt
Vendetta
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vendetta

Vendetta

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Blake Vendetta
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:14 am

Sup guys.. Now I'm probably going to seem really stupid right now, and its probably somewhere else on the boards.. if so, could you please direct me there?

Basically, few questions:

1) For shows, do we send in our own segments or are they written up by staff?

2) Do we plan our own feuds with guys on the roster, or do staff come up with the stories?

3) Can anybody vote on winners, and don't you all know who wins matches before the shows are out as you can see everybodys votes?

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:27 am

Vendetta wrote:

Written by the staff

Vendetta wrote:
2) Do we plan our own feuds with guys on the roster, or do staff come up with the stories?

Both

Vendetta wrote:
3) Can anybody vote on winners, and don't you all know who wins matches before the shows are out as you can see everybodys votes?

Anyone is allowed vote in the voting and promo threads in the time allocated.

No one knows ahead of time if they've won their matches for sure unless their opponent no-showed or they had an absolute landslide in the voting, which is rare.
Back to top Go down
Vendetta

Vendetta

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Blake Vendetta
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:02 am

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:46 am

Vendetta wrote:
Sup guys.. Now I'm probably going to seem really stupid right now, and its probably somewhere else on the boards.. if so, could you please direct me there?

Basically, few questions:

Thank you Smile

1) Staff writes shows, all of it. They might ask you to write a segment for yourself or something like that every now and then.

2) You can trash talk with people and whatnot and possibly get storylines moving that way, sometimes even transitioned into the show, however the staff generally comes up with the storylines and angles.

3) Promos are rated by a group of staffers (known as raters) those scores are combined with the votes to determine the winners so, as celt said, unless your opponent didnt show or you got every vote ever its never really over till its posted.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Aidan and Nick's answers to #1 are so very wrong. Often you can PM or hit the HWs up on AIM, and ask to have a segment on a show and they'll be glad to oblige. However, given that we're producing a PPV right now, a segment to debut a new character won't be part of the show.

However, that isn't an open invitation to spam ideas and segments to the HWs.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Slegna wrote:
Aidan and Nick's answers to #1 are so very wrong. Often you can PM or hit the HWs up on AIM, and ask to have a segment on a show and they'll be glad to oblige. However, given that we're producing a PPV right now, a segment to debut a new character won't be part of the show.

However, that isn't an open invitation to spam ideas and segments to the HWs.

Are you high? Thats almost exactly what I said.

And for the record, the staff writers arent just going to take anything someone writes and accept it into a show. Thats why when they're looking for segments they'll ask people for them. Otherwise we'll have people writing themselves into angles with the FMC for no reason and getting mad when they're told they cant run that.

Like when that guy tried to make himself Drew Michaels brother.

Dont listen to slegna.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:11 pm

No, don't listen to Nick.

Actually, listen to part his and part mine. Nick, you mentioned the staff reaching out to people for segments. That often doesn't work, since they can't talk to everybody and see who wants a segment. Ro's mentioned several times on AIM that people need to take it upon themselves regarding segments on a show.

However, I briefly touched on it, but I did neglect to mention that HWs get final say on what goes in and what doesn't (though that should be fairly obvious).

As for who writes the segments, it depends on what type of segment it is. The first type is the hype/get yourself over segment, and that usually has to be written by the character's handler themselves. As for segments that have to do with multiple characters/match hype/storylines, that's usually done by staff.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:57 pm

You know what? Fuck that.

Send me segments.

NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE GIVE ME SEGMENTS.

80% of the segments in one Corruption is written by ME AND ME ALONE SO GIVE ME THEM
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:47 pm

I demand we change this to an official questions thread so we don't have multiple topics.

Dew eet.
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Rottata wrote:
You know what? Fuck that.

Send me segments.

NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE GIVE ME SEGMENTS.

80% of the segments in one Corruption is written by ME AND ME ALONE SO GIVE ME THEM

What this guy said. I always had a rule when I was the Head Writer of Anarchy here and Inferno/Pyromania at LPW that ANYONE can send in a segment if they want. Hell, that's about the only reason Cash Flo/Nigel Vanderbilt got so over as a heel at LPW Inferno; he wrote himself a segment every single show and more often then not, I ran it in order to reward his effort and dedication. Mind you, as previously mentioned, I got final say on whether the segment aired or not as part of the official show for obvious reasons but you are encouraged to be as active as you could ever possibly want to be around here and that includes but is not limited to writing up segments for the shows.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Rep : 15

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian G. Smitten
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 3:02 am

I mirror/echo/repeat the sentiments of Ro and Drew.

SEND SEGMENTS!!!! They are more valuable and appreciated than you can imagine. It actually, 9 times out of 10, makes the head writer's role easier, as they haven't got to scratch their head to try and make everyone happy and give everyone appropriate exposure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/trombonerman
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 3:12 am

Just don't send them to Skyler, he doesn't use them and he doesn't proofread them when he does.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:56 am

Seth wins.

That's why we keep him around... for moments like this.
Back to top Go down
Lucian

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Lucian Celona
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Questions....   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:09 pm

I have a few questions hopefully you guys can answer them for me so here they are....

• Where do we post character introduction Rps? And on what board?
  • What are the In character staff members?

Ok so I only have two questions and not acouple of questions like I said but yeah lol could someone answer those for me, I'm a bit confussed as to where you post Rps at lol, seeing how theirs no Character developmental board. Though if I do have any other questions I'll be sure to ask.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen (and rookies), we now have an official Q&A thread.

As for Urien's first question: We don't have a "character developmental board" per say, mostly because that sounds pretty weak. What we do have are for each show, a V&P thread and a trash-talking thread, and the show itself, posted as a culmination of the previous two threads. Our V&P thread is where we post our promos for the show (or RPs, if you will *shudder*) and vote on each match. The TT thread is for anything else. Trash talking (obviously), match hype, and other various IC things regarding your character. That's where you should put any character introductions.

The current show we're on right now is Mount Vesuvius. The show is currently in production by the staff, but the trash talking thread is still open, so that's where I'd go ahead and post.

And the second question, fuck, I don't even know anymore. Aidan, help me out.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Jaro is the main man, and Christian G. Smitten is the FMW Commissioner.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:45 pm

If you would like to have your character introduce himself, you can do this in the trash talking threads. These are threads where basically different characters in FMW talk smack to each other in the build up to shows. Currently the Mount V trash talking thread would be the most up to date one.

As for FMW's staff, Jaro is the in character owner. There are no current GMs or owners of the separate brands, and the announcers I can't name off the top of my head right now for some reason.

However, I'd suggestion not using the staff in your writing just yet, as each one of them have multiple characteristics that need to be picked up upon.

So basically, if you're looking to start yourself off in FMW, take yourself to the trash talking threads
Back to top Go down
Lucian

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:53 pm

I figured that, but what about backstage interviewers? Are there any or no, if not are we allowed to create our own Backstage interviewers?

As for a introduction to my character I will post something in the TT.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Rottata wrote:
Jaro is the main man, and Christian G. Smitten is the FMW Commissioner.

That's what I thought, I figured I would miss something though. Go me.
Back to top Go down
Lucian

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm going to take it that there are no "Backstage Interviewers" if I'm wrong correct me.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:50 pm

Urien Blackstone wrote:
I'm going to take it that there are no "Backstage Interviewers" if I'm wrong correct me.

There's Action Jackson for Ammunition and Jacqueline Hyde for Corruption, but you'll need to read a show or two to understand their gimmicks. Action speaks like he just stepped out of the ghetto, and Hyde has a split personality that's tricky to explain to someone who never read a segment with her in it.
Back to top Go down
Lucian

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Hmm, my best luck it to wait to see what show I'll be placed on then, seeing how their both on different shows. Though knowing how to write them wouldn't hurt to read up on them, may just do that, until then I may just do some kind of paparazzi kind of thing until I'm placed on either Ammunition or Corruption, both have cool sounding names for shows lol. Something I'm looking forward to seeing.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:32 pm

Actually... Action Jackson and Hyde are both on Corruption.
Back to top Go down
Lucian

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:43 pm

Hmm, I'll go with using the paparazzi until I actually get a fee for those two. Though some may notice I changed Urien's last name I did that so it would fit with the direction I'm hoping to take Urien in.

Back to top Go down
Lucian

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:39 am

Well I thought of acouple of other questions lol.

• Is there an Role-play limit? I know some places have limits like 4, 3, 2, or the occasional 1 Rp so does FMW have an Rp limit? If so what is it?
  • When are new cards usually posted?
  • When are results usually posted?

Figured I'd ask some simple questions that I didn't ask before lol
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:42 am

Urien Castellano wrote:
Well I thought of acouple of other questions lol.

• Is there an Role-play limit? I know some places have limits like 4, 3, 2, or the occasional 1 Rp so does FMW have an Rp limit? If so what is it?
  • When are new cards usually posted?
  • When are results usually posted?

Figured I'd ask some simple questions that I didn't ask before lol

1) Ask Hannibal Frost and Nick Bryson if there is a limit...but 4srs the limit is one promo or RP per show but it can have unlimited words or scenes or whatever.
2) New Cards are posted kinda like something you order in the mail, once the other show is done it normally takes 3-5 business days to get a new card up.
3) The results are normally posted within two weeks of finishing, the only exception for this is if it is a PPV or Distortion.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:22 am

Omega wrote:
1) Ask Hannibal Frost and Nick Bryson if there is a limit...but 4srs the limit is one promo or RP per show but it can have unlimited words or scenes or whatever.

This answer makes sense to us vets, but it may not to the rookies, so I'll clarify.

During the V&P period for a show (if you are booked), only one promo (we tend to shy away from using "RP" here) my be posted. However, there is no limit on length or material.
Back to top Go down
Lucian

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:51 am

Quote :
During the V&P period for a show (if you are booked), only one promo (we tend to shy away from using "RP" here) my be posted. However, there is no limit on length or material.

Ok so during the V&P period of a show if your booked theirs a 1 RP limit correct.

Also I'm just wondering what you meant by "You guys shying away from using "RP" here in FMW. Does that mean their not welcomed? Or does that mean they are welcomed? I'm confussed, as I seen some Rps like the one I posted along with others ones that were just trash talking in the TT forum.

So someone please set me in the right direction lol, sorry if I didn't get what you were saying Slegna.
Back to top Go down
MASS Caesar

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:04 am

He means we tend to not use the term "RP" here. Instead of "RP" it's a promo. It is kind of different from the RP system of other feds, as you will see in other peoples works. To get acclimated with the way FMW does Promos, check out the PPV Thread and look athe the Mt. V Voting and Promo thread.

And welcome to FMW.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:05 am

The word itself. Tomayto tomahto, really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rookie Q&A Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rookie Q&A Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next