Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rookie Q&A Thread

Go down 
+12
Hannibal Frost
Nicholas Gray
MASS Caesar
Lucian
Tromboner Man
Drew Michaels
Omega
Rottata
Slegna
the nick bryson
The Celt
Vendetta
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nicholas Gray
FMW World Tag Team Champion
FMW World Tag Team Champion
Nicholas Gray

Rep : 19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:28 am

We use it so we can better pretend we're real wrestlers and not people typing on computers.

;_;
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:30 am

I'm apologizing for mostly everyone, Urien.

For a couple folks alienating you with the "rp" subject, and for a few people just dancing around your questions for a few posts. Not everyone can aptly apply subtlety, or they've never heard of the ole' "first impression" phrase.

But, it seems like most of your questions have been answered... finally.

As for RP's, if you'd kindly indulge me, I'd like to expand upon that subject. I don't know exactly why or how they started calling them "promos" here, but that is the term used in professional wrestling. Short for promotional video/segment or what have you, it's virtually the same thing.

Although, FMW is where these two terms differ. If you haven't noticed, FMW's RPs have a more... story based element. We tend to shy away from RPs that mainly center around trash talking so we have the room to build a story with our character. This fed is heavy on story.

So, instead of having your character talking at the camera, give him something more to do. Set up your RPs so that there is a plot, or storyboard. Give it a beginning, a middle, and an end. Conflict, resolution, symbolism, supporting cast, villain; throw all of these things in there. A lot of times people will have their character's struggle within a promo mimic, or symbolize, their struggle in the confines of the live show. As long as their is a story, people will have something to latch on to. By showing us who, why, when, where, and how your character is, people will be more entertained than if they were just reading why you think you'll beat someone.

But you will see others posting in the Old School style, only because they are new, like you. It's not taboo, or frowned upon, but it won't get you far in this fed. We look for a more novel based approach.

For me, it's more exciting this way.

For some, it appears daunting.

I'm sure you'll do fine, though.
Back to top Go down
Lucian

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Lucian Celona
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks Frost, and thanks for expanding on that for me, I believe I'll go t you if I have any questions or other things for that matter, you seem like the person to ask.
Back to top Go down
MASS Caesar

PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:04 pm

^Also very well said.

We even have people who combine elements of the old school RP style in there promos, sometimes to start it off, sometimes to end the promo. And you don't have to have to gigantic story about killing wizards, slaughtering prison convicts, and sleeping with women. You can do an entire promo the backstage of the arena or city that the event is being held.

As Hannibal said, let your imagination run wild and do it at your own pace.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Yeah, what Frost said. I wanted to go into more detail, but it was late and my brain was fried thanks to homework.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 1:00 am

Omega wrote:
The results are normally posted within two weeks of finishing, the only exception for this is if it is a PPV or Distortion.

Or Ignition.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:08 am

Hey now, I remember one cycle Ignition and Corruption ran back to back.

Before Ammunition even, so quit hatin.

Sad Nobody loves the Orange Brand.
Back to top Go down
David Ravish

David Ravish

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:57 am

Can someone please explain show scheduling? Is it a show every month or bi-weekly? I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms... LOL
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega

PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Normally it falls within every month, however on rare occassion we've been able to fit two shows in on one month because the quick turn around.

Say if one voting period ended on the first and the shows were up by the 10th it would be very plausible to have a turn around by the 30th of said month.

That being said, I'd expect monthly shows because staff is hurting for people right now.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:48 pm

David Ravish wrote:
Can someone please explain show scheduling? Is it a show every month or bi-weekly? I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms... LOL

Mount V part 1 is has been posted brah.
Back to top Go down
leekel2

PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 4:20 pm

I have a question, How do you join a shows roster?
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Just TT and show a desire to participate and you will be assigned to a roster based on need by either the FMW Head Honcho (Wolfbanger/Drew Michaels) or a head writer of one of our brands (AMM: Nick Bryson/the nick bryson, COR: Romeo/Rottata)
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Apostasy

PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:28 pm

leekel2 wrote:
I have a question, How do you join a shows roster?

Get noticed by writing some trash talk in the designated trash talking threads (as RCA mentioned), hitting people up on AIM, and perhaps forming an alliance of some sort. If you're interesting, perhaps one of the stables will want to take you on, or you might tag up with somebody looking for a partner. Also, with No Holds Barred coming up, all matches on that card are made via challenges. Accept an open challenge or create one of your own, and you might make it onto the card.

Really, be here, be active and get some attention. Right now, your best shot at getting booked is going to be NHB, as Ultimatum is the show after that and Ultimatum is probably booked solid (could be wrong). After that, though, we should have plenty of open spots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rookie Q&A Thread   Rookie Q&A Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rookie Q&A Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2