Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW.com YEAR END AWARDS NOMINATION THREAD

Go down 
+15
Leon Caprice
Anwyl
The Celt
Easty
RCA
PX
Freakie
Abel Steele
Tromboner Man
Rottata
MASS Caesar
Vincent Van Rose
Alex O'Rion
Omega
the nick bryson
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TyranT

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: TyranT/Faith
Championship:

FMW.com YEAR END AWARDS NOMINATION THREAD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW.com YEAR END AWARDS NOMINATION THREAD   FMW.com YEAR END AWARDS NOMINATION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Superstar of the Year
Chris Austin - Goes without saying that this guy should be put into the nominations after a very strong year, grabbing the C-4, getting the tag gold and more recently being the first superstar to win the Hayabusa more then once. Past just his winnings is the presence of the character which has been quite strong throughout the year, more noticeably for me during War Games. To me he was the flag ship man for Ammunition, and despite a losing effort, came out of the whole thing very strong.

Hannibal Frost - Hanny has been on the rise for a long time. His build up to where he is now has really been something to watch. *Sniff* I still remember back in the day when he was teamed up with my buddy VanGuard *sniff*. Back then, you never would have imagined he would step up his game so much, grabbing the Abandoned Championship this year and now coming for the World Title. War games I can’t help but feel is what really set this guy on the path, showing a great performance. His great run this year leading up to the title shot, having gone through War Games and everything else makes him worthy enough to be also nominated for this award.

TyranT/Faith - Noes! I’ve nominated myself! I think TyranT is probably worth a nomination to help fill out some more names, he has held the title a while as well. I think poor Faith deserves some credit though as a potential nomination if not TyranT. Whilst not deserving to win the award, and not really having any gold to show for it. Faith had a great run since her debut, and managed to notch some massive wins under her belt against top superstars in the fed, along with managing to pick up a Hayabusa of her own and joint winning the SPT with Ro to put Ty in for the belt. Poor gal deserves at least some attention Wink

Rookie of the Year
Alex Van Osbourne - I’ve been keeping tabs on the man, and he’s certainly worth a nomination for this award. He’s been constantly improving his game, and has finally found some ground on the FMW. Alex is now an established superstar in the FMW, I reckon this guy can only continue to rise.

DGS - Grabbing gold in your first year is always a big achievement in my eyes, and DGS has managed to do just that along with getting some very good wins. I think DGS has also established himself with quite a presence as a character. If this is what he can do in his first year, it will be interesting to see what he does and how far he goes in the next!

Karou - Whilst I don’t think he should win with him having left the site, he still deserves mention and a nomination for his run in the FMW. Karou if he was still around with have been a very strong contender for this award, having blasted through some veterans to establish himself early on as a strong competitor worthy of nabbing a belt. He also managed to grab the Gold Card award which whilst cursed, is no easy feat. I thought this guy was gonna come for TyranT. Shame he left.

Most Improved Talent
Hannibal Frost - Same reasons as above in the nomination for SOTY, having managed to establish himself as main event level.

PX - One of the FMW legends… still a legend. PX has really climbed the ladder when it comes to improvement, and it just feels like he improves time and time again. I see him now as a very strong competitor. Last year, the likes of TyranT would have laughed at the mention of PX… now as the TV champion, the best one to date… I know he wouldn’t laugh anymore at the mention of his name. PX has really made some powerful strides in the FMW and that for me makes him a strong nomination for this award!

Celt - Another FMW legend… still a legend! You’ve taken Celt up through the levels of competition through your time here and now Celt to me stands as one of the flagship characters of the site. His journey has always been one to watch, and its only been made possible through your constant improvement on writing for the character. This year has been a good Celt year as far as I’m concerned, and I reckon the next will be the same. Another strong nomination can be found here with Celt for this award.

Ro - He defeated Jaro. This man defeated him one on one. For a long time, you made Romeo the man to beat earlier on in the year. Climbing up and winning the SP Tournament, getting two shots at the World Championship, defeating Jaro one on one and claiming the glory to be the first man to do it. You pushed Romeo very well in what to me was probably the best run of the year. Romeo has since been a very strong presence, and very worthy of nomination for this award!

Leon Caprice - Last time you managed to step out of the gloom that was Striker’s shadow. I think coming towards the end of the last year, you’ve nearly if not managed to surpass him. You and Striker managed to hold the tag belts for a very long time, with Leon managing to finally creep out of the shadows and begin to establish himself as his own presence as a wrestler instead of just being a protégé. You’ve also picked up some massive wins against established superstars and you continue to rise. I expect good things from Leon this year.

Team of the Year
Wayward Sons - Best tag team we’ve had in a very long time, and probably in my opinion the best of the year. Austin and O’Rion just manage to nail it every time, and I just love the chemistry behind them and how strained it can be at times. Still, the two manage to add more notches to their tally of wins. It’s not just with their wins but with their development as a team that makes them good to follow. Very dominant, very worthy of nomination.

Crash Scene - Another very dominant team worthy of nomination. Skyler Striker and Leon Caprice for a long time were simply unstoppable, and the team itself had a very good flow and natural feel to it given the history between both Striker and Leon. The only thing that hurt the team, through no fault of their own was some of the competition they faced, as I recall the team being plagued with no show victories. Despite this, the team stands as one of the best that has been formed, and I do hope in the future, depending if Striker returns and what direction he takes, that this team returns.

Promo of the Year
Yeesh, so bloody many, I’ll get back to this if I can.

Storyline/Feud of the Year
War Games - War games!!! WAR GAMES!!! WWAARRRR GGAAAAMMMEESSSS!!! This was an epic storyline through and through. It was Marvel’s Civil war in FMW form, with Original Sin vs. Resistance being the Age of Apocalypse. Everyone in the fed was involved and fighting for something. Even matches regarded as small became very significant in the battle of brands. This for me has to be it.

Match of the Year
I’ll have to get back to you on this one too.

Show of the Year
Deathrow - This is the show for me, simply because everyone really brought it for this show. The promo’s were excellent, the results were excellent. Deathrow has always held a special place for me as a PPV, but last time it showed it really established itself. Oh… and Ty got the title too! For me this has to be the show of the year!

Noteworthy Moment of 2010
- Death of Celeste
- Harley retiring
- TyranT returning and robbing Faith of the title shot
- Skyler Striker heel turn
- Distortion winning FMW Games with Chris Austin raising Hanny’s hand
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

FMW.com YEAR END AWARDS NOMINATION THREAD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW.com YEAR END AWARDS NOMINATION THREAD   FMW.com YEAR END AWARDS NOMINATION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:45 am

By word of the creator of this thread it has officially been LOCKED

Tune into AIM and be involved in the chat that decides it all tomorrow at 3pm EST.

Back to top Go down

FMW.com YEAR END AWARDS NOMINATION THREAD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2