Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW OOC Thread

Go down 
+47
Killswitch
David GS
McDaygo
Easy
MASS Caesar
The Dude
Big B. Brown
Hannibal Frost
TyranT
Vincent Van Rose
Jetstream
Bobino
Jeff
TJ Tilli
Krimson Mask
Kaoru
Dano
Leon Caprice
Christian Moorebyss
MetalKaiser
Mark Johansson
Slegna
Black Marcubone
Hatchet
Easty
Damien
Drew Michaels
Abel Steele
Ripper
Nicholas Gray
Rogue
Tromboner Man
Lazyking
PX
Chamberlain
Alex O'Rion
The Returned
Gabriel Crow
RCA
Edible14
Jaro Classic
The Celt
Eric Scorpio
Omega
Skyler Striker
Rottata
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:09 pm

I mark for math jokes.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:28 pm

Slegna wrote:
I mark for math jokes.

As do I...I am actually partial to Alpha cuz it the first, Epsilon doesn't see much action either it is as underrated as Theta in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:39 pm

I'm sure this Omega guy will be a better Omega than Seth, that overrated hick. <3
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:50 am

FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_see_what_you_did_there

Last edited by PX on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:18 am

What?
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 am

With Jaro's math joke. I saw what he did there.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:06 pm

...And PX kills the joke.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:06 pm

Putting up pictures is a pain on the ass.

Fixed
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:48 pm

lol fail PX. We still love you though.

Also, the "Tweener" option needs to be removed from the Sign-Up template. Stat.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Rep : -13

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Slegna wrote:
lol fail PX. We still love you though.

Also, the "Tweener" option needs to be removed from the Sign-Up template. Stat.

Luckily I read your post before I made mine.

Did we not agree the last time that a 'tweener' alignment is stupid?

You cannot all be Steve Austin and getting cheered for doing dickish things. You do not all have the charisma that a Steve Austin had. Hot or Cold. No lukewarm. Stop being indecisve.

The ONLY time someone should be considered a tweener is if the audience dictates it. For instance; Romeo getting cheered by a 'smark' crowd for saying the truth about Austin and Austin being cheered by a younger demographic of 'marks'. It fit the storyline at the time. Even now, Romeo should probably be the only true 'tweener' amongst the ranks of FMW given his affliation with the Broken Saints yet his obviously corrupt nature. That and he's matched up against TyranT who, for obvious reasons, would be boo'd harder in front of an audience.

The art of the face is dead and was killed by the Attiude Era along with the Monday Night Wars. And still, the Celt remains the only true face of FMW.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:13 pm

I agree Tweener is not a good choice for alignment...I am going to try and go the face route with SFW. I only chose tweener when I signed up cuz I wasn't sure what route I wanted to take.
Back to top Go down
Christian Moorebyss

Christian Moorebyss

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian Moore
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:16 pm

Really we shouldn't decide how are characters are perceived (heel, face, tweener, jackass, whatever), it should be left up to the writers of the shows to put us across how they think the fans would see us.

It seems like the only fair option because otherwise everyone would (and have by the looks of things) just put themselves as heel or "tweener" just because they see it as the "easier option" because they think it's easy to be a heel as all you have to do is be an asshole (in character) all the time.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Doublemummy wrote:
Really we shouldn't decide how are characters are perceived (heel, face, tweener, jackass, whatever), it should be left up to the writers of the shows to put us across how they think the fans would see us.

It seems like the only fair option because otherwise everyone would (and have by the looks of things) just put themselves as heel or "tweener" just because they see it as the "easier option" because they think it's easy to be a heel as all you have to do is be an asshole (in character) all the time.

True True but you have to have some kind of tone in your promos and TT
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Doublemummy wrote:

And that's a stupid fucking opinion to have.

Being a dick doesn't make you a heel. It just makes you a dick. RAMPAGE! and Alex O'Rion were huge dicks. To everyone. But they did so in a manner that made people laugh. The Rock was a dick. Austin was a dick. Triple H is a dick. All faces.

The best heels, in general, believe what they are saying to be right and convey it across to the audience with a self-assuredness or righteousness that makes the crowd hate them. Why? Because they're telling a truth.

If Eric Ares says that he's the best motherfucker on the roster, believes that he really is, and proves it, people hate him.

What I disagree about is a person not having a choice to decide what they want to start out as. If you intially want to be a face but do things heelishly, it's up to the staff to pull you aside and make suggestions how to best work out the kinks with your character to accomplish portraying the alignment or make the changes to the alignment necessary to fit your pattern.
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:36 pm

iDeAndes wrote:
Being a dick doesn't make you a heel. It just makes you a dick. RAMPAGE! and Alex O'Rion were huge dicks. To everyone. But they did so in a manner that made people laugh. The Rock was a dick. Austin was a dick. Triple H is a dick. All faces.

Someday Face Alex O will be back, someday, if only so Celt isn't so lonely.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:38 pm

...He killed his dad.

He can't be face anymore. He isn't fucking cYnical.
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:40 pm

Sure he can.

I mean Triple H has caused a man to fuck a corpse, or did the deed, or something like that and people somehow bought him as a face later on.

Time is all it takes De, time is all it takes.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:56 pm

The Ares wrote:

Someday Face Alex O will be back, someday, if only so Celt isn't so lonely.

AO will be back in about a year to 13 shows as that's how far NHB is away.

Also, everyone wants to do shit that crosses the line these days because it's interesting to write about. Being a heel and tweener from a creative stand point is probably FAR easier to do because they are only a finite number of "good" things you can do on this earth while the number of "infinite" things is likely infinite.

Honestly being a face without some major flaw is quite is a major task for anyone I think, but if you don't give it the sureshot then our system really fails to work.

It takes hard thought and hard work to be a face in a place such as FMW but I suppose the reward is a certain respect that comes with that.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:50 pm

See a hero or face in this instance needs flaws. A flawless character isn't compelling. For instance, Celt believes ardently in the law in spite of himself. He sees the world as dark as it is and yet keeps a naive hoperfulness about what he's doing is right and just.

He would not compromise his morality for the sake of victory even if that costs him something very dear and personal like say finnacial gain or winning a title.

The flaws of a hero are exposed to make them relateable. The flaws of the villain are magnified to make them appear more inhuman. It's also the basic forumla of political propoganda.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:55 pm

ha, well, if you can that a flaw then i suppose you're right.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Blind faith in any one thing can be and is a flaw.
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:36 pm

AO is coming back at NHB is he?

What if I bring him back before then Celt? WHAT THEN!
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:47 pm

The Celt wrote:
It takes hard thought and hard work to be a face in a place such as FMW but I suppose the reward is a certain respect that comes with that.

Meh, I've always found it easier to be a face than a heel; mind you I've always been a face short of a short heel run in 3W and my shorter run as Robert Smalls here while Drew was dead. Of course, I also don't buy the "Celt is the only face in FMW" thing either. I guess I look at being a hero differently then most, I look towards examples like Captain America or Green Arrow, heroes who have at times been forced across the moral boundaries most set for themselves but still fight for a greater ideal and the greater good. Just because say Green Lantern bound up Human Flame in space for all of eternity (or until some writer saves him) for killing Martian Manhunter doesn't mean he isn't a good guy; he is just issuing his own brand of justice and giving into human emotions.

Again though, probably my viewpoint more than anything.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: ...
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Naw I agree with you on this one sir. I'd much rather read a hero like Batman, Wolverine, Green Lantern, Cap, and so on and so on. It just gets bland when there is little complexity.

And to be fair, I've found it so much more rewarding to write Quint as a face than as heel Harlequin, but far more difficult to write.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:34 pm

I meant to say true honest to goodness white meat babyface of old.

Drew talks about killing people n'shit. For the Lord.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Rep : -10

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Skyler Striker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:36 pm

All this = Skyler's addiction.

Writing as a face is very, very difficult. I'd like to think my writing has always been about moral choice. This is just another choice, albeit a bad one, that Skyler's made.

Even I'm not sure where he fits into the face/tweener/heel spectrum anymore.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: ...
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:39 pm

Yeah, all that specific wrestling term junk goes straight over the ole head.

I just like breaking it down to good guys and bad guys haha.

But I still stand against Celt as the only true face. Or even a "babyface". Go back to the HavOc feud and take a read. He shots/kills (I think) a dude, tortures Harley (I mean I know he's evil, but still) I don't associate these actions with someone who is a moral beacon.

Celt's a face and a good one at that but I leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:42 pm

iDeAndes wrote:
I meant to say true honest to goodness white meat babyface of old.

Drew talks about killing people n'shit. For the Lord.

David killed Goliath, shit happens. Though Drew doesn't kill, true story. Captain America does though and he's like the best hero ever. So, by my patented Captain America scale, I'm good.

Yes, I totally measure whether someone is a heel or a face based on Captain America. Everyone has their way of doing it, mine just involves Steve Rogers.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Drew, AIM plz.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:11 pm

Celt shots a guy who shots at him and PX, which I kinda chalk up as self defence.

Taking Harlequin to the desert and making him think Celt might set the both alight is a lot murkier...but as a promo it had to be done, it was just too good an idea not to use.

I mean you can say Celt went too far, that by letting Harlequin assume it was petrol and thus a lethal situation, but then again you can say the most boundary stepping thing Celt has ever done is splash Harlequin with a bit of water. Haha, I guess it's a judgement call.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 27 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW OOC Thread
Page 27 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next