Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection

Go down 
+2
The Returned
PX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection Empty
PostSubject: A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection   A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:09 pm

(Note: This isn’t a reflection of my opinion, it’s from the perspective of an FMW fan, if he were watching the shows. No promos or foreseeable results were taken into account.)

A Smark’s Take on:
LETHAL INJECTION

Hey yo, to one and to all, this is my take on FMW’s upcoming pay-per-view, Lethal Injection! I’m a frequent viewer of FMW, and I like buying the PPV’s, but this is my first time laying out my opinion on the table. I’ll be giving my take on each match, and which way I think it should go. So, without any more stalling or bullshitting, let’s get to it!

Television Championship:
PX (c) vs Calvin X. Carter

Well according to the card, this is our opener, and for me, even though it has the potential to be a great match, there should only be one winner. Since PX turned heel, his character’s been totally revitalised, he’s getting good heat out there, and he’s putting a good run in as TV champion. Calvin has shown the quality he has as a performer when he put a show stealing performance in 10.2 against Quint, he had us believing he could win, it was tremendous. But even though I’m happy to see him here, he’s gotten here the wrong way. The bookers have decided to give him this match based on the good matches he’s put on, but he has ZERO momentum or build for it. Supremacy was Calvin’s opportunity to get something going for him, and he loses to Ares? The booking on that had me scratching my head. PX did a good job as guest commentator (apparently he had taken a knock and wasn’t able to compete, much to my disappointment), but the whole thing didn’t do Calvin any favours. Anything less than a W for PX would be a big surprise for me. He’s got the possibility to work with O’Rion, and there’s still plenty in the tank for another round with Omega, so Calvin’s lack of build means I can’t see this going anywhere for him.

Winner, and STILL TV Champion, PX

Chris Kelson vs Kaoru Hanayama

I’ve heard a lot of stories on forums and such that Kelson is being given some time off after this match, which is a shame. I haven’t heard the reason, maybe he’s burned out, or just wants some time for his family or whatever, but I hope he comes back soon. Of course, his form has been less than impressive lately, and he’ll be taking on a HUGELY impressive Hanayama. Man, I’ve been really high on this guy, he’s really got some skill in the ring. Creative seems to be keen on using some Bigger guys these days, between Kaoru, TyranT as champ, Omega’s doing the Saint’s angle, and Crow getting some big elevation too. He got to be in a big match at supremacy with RCA and Steele as well, and it looks like creative are giving the guy a push here, so considering the directions both these men are going, logically only one man should moving forward here, I’m not expecting a big send-off for Kelson if he’s returning, so this match should be a stepping stone for the big guy here. I’m also expecting Radical intervention here. RCA’s heel turn came to life with a furious assault of Hostyle to send him packing, so I can see him pulverising Kelson to sideline that part of II as well.

Winner, Kaoru Hanayama

Seth Omega vs Virus

This is one of the tougher calls tonight. Omega has been putting some good quality stuff of late, he put on some very good matches with PX, and had a draw with Drew Michaels in the bloody saints match at Supremacy. Virus meanwhile is playing Jaro’s hired gun, so his position in matches always makes me wonder what they’re planning. He lost to Johansson at 10.2, and then took out Wolfe at Supremacy. It’s a matter of what creative are planning. Virus could take the win here if FMW are planning to keep Virus over as an in-ring competitor, it would show his worth as a valuable asset to Jaro, but the loss could do damage to Omega’s momentum. On the other hand Omega can continue his push by clubberin’ Jaro’s lackey, which would move forward the domination of the Saint’s, and keep Omega moving forward towards another title shot, but another loss for Virus could damage his stance as Jaro’s muscle if he can’t get any W’s. For me, I think they’re looking to keep Omega’s push moving, and establish his credibility as a title contender to PX, and Virus as Jaro’s goon, so therefore, I have to give this to Omega.

Winner, Seth Omega

Nick Bryson vs Mark Johansson

Mark Johansson seems to be in a really weird place. Creative don’t seem to know exactly what they want to do with him; it’s like they wanted him as legitimate as Celt is currently, yet as a strong face he seems to find himself at the end of beatings, something Celt wasn’t as accustomed to. He puts on good matches, but doesn’t seem to be moving in any direction at the moment, he’s really stalled. At Supremacy I thought he was the performer in that Bloody Saint’s match, but a win didn’t seem likely, and it didn’t happen for him. Now he has this match with the returning Nick Bryson. I don’t remember why Bryson went on Hiatus, but he’s back now, and it’s good to see, but god damn, he did himself no favours with that God awful segment at Supremacy with Drew. It made his comeback a little ugly to say it nicely. Still, I’m willing to forgive and forget with a good showing here. Creative do seem to be pointing towards Bryson vs Michaels, while Marky hasn’t got much going for him, so this match feels like another L for Johansson, to move Bryson upwards. I hope creative get Mark back on track, he was doing some good stuff at the 9 cycle, now he’s really starting to fade away. For tonight, it’s not to be his night.

Winner: Nick Bryson

C-4 Championship:
Drew Michaels (c) vs Gabriel Crow

I certainly wasn’t expecting this one. At Supremacy, it looked like the floor wasn’t being set for more Drew vs. Eric, then Crow out of nowhere grabs this huge win, and he’s a #1 contender. As I mentioned earlier, creative are smiling at their bigger men, and Crow is a shining example. Danse Macabre were pushed hard as a tag team, a little too hard it seemed, as they were vaulted into a ME with Crash Scene that seemed to come a little too soon. That looks about finished now, and Crow is the one getting the nod from the bookers, and in fairness he has been showing more promise on the big stage, like in the match I mentioned with CS. Drew on the other hand has been going out there and putting on the usual show stopping performances I’ve come to expect these days. I wasn’t crazy about the “Drew for C-4” idea, I think he shouldn’t holding midcard belts at this stage, prestigious as they may be, he’s a main event man, and he’s certainly over enough. The good part of his title run has been some sterling matches. This match seems to going one way for me, towards the champion, but not at the demerits of his challenger. For me, this match for Crow, much like his match with CS, has happened too quickly. I expect Crow to loss this, but should build a head of steam over the next cycle, and get good momentum going. That said, with the Bryson/Michaels angle going, creative may want the title off of Michaels for it, it’s their call. Bryson could have a run-in to cost this match for Michaels, but I don’t think Michaels’ C-4 run is up yet. Crow has an outside chance, but honestly, today isn’t to be his day. Another Day, perhaps, but for now, the champ reigns.

Winner, and STILL C-4 Champion, DREW MICHAELS

The Celt vs Hatchet
This match is going to be interesting for sure. Hatchet, a former world champion of LPW, is coming over to FMW to take on one of the bigger names in FMW. I can’t ever bring myself to watch LPW and betray FMW like that, so I don’t know if Hatchet can go or not, so it should be interesting for me. Since The Celt lost his match to get into the UV Title match, it looks like he’ll be moving away from the title scene, and gladly as well. During the matches with Jaro, I really felt Celt should have won it, but they decided to have Celt’s title challenge replicate Tyler Black’s in RoH, with the difference being that Celt didn’t end up with the belt after his momentum was dead. Celt was mismanaged by creative in that sense, but bygones are bygones. Celt’s moving a new direction, and this could be the start of something between the two, depending on this match plays out. A win for Hatchet would establish his position in the company firmly, so he has every chance of beating Celt here, and I can see it happening. If he does come out on top, it would give Celt something to do creatively, and Hatchet wouldn’t be left floating through space with a debut loss. So I’m giving this to Hatchet.

Winner, Hatchet

Chris Austin vs Abel Steele

I gotta say, this for me could be the hardest match to call of the night. Austin has been a very entertaining heel since he turned, and has been putting out some big matches. RCA’s been getting a really big push as a heel, he’s gotten a win over our #1 contender Romeo at 10.2, and beat our gold card holder at Supremacy, so the man’s got a lot going for him, he’s drawing the heat, and I’m certainly marking for him. That said, I’m also an Abel Steele mark, and his form is less impressive with a loss at Supremacy and 10.2, so the momentum is stalling a bit. This match could really go either way, because Austin is getting a big push, but Abel is also due one. Abel is the gold card holder, so to put over the fact he could be champ whenever he pleases, I think he needs to get some momentum going, since he’s alluded to having a one on one match. Although Austin’s steamroller could keep going here, I have to say that, considering Austin got the win at Supremacy, and Abel needs to get his momentum back, that Abel should be getting this one, so he can shoot back into the title picture. This should be a good one.

Winner, Abel Steele

Abandoned Championship Elimination Chamber:
Skyler Striker (c) vs Leon Caprice vs Hannibal Frost vs Dunnwood vs Apostasy vs Syanide

Man, this could really be a show stealer right here. I’ve discussed this match a lot with friends, and trying to get a winner is hard. The first thing we did agree on though, was this was the end of the line for Skyler. Skyler’s character needs to move on from this, plain and simple. The title is holding him back, when he should be higher up the card. Now, who should take it was the tricky part, as they all have a shout at it. I don’t think it should be Leon, firstly. I feel that if he was going to win the belt, it would have been at Supremacy, and it shouldn’t happen here, it would retract from the title for me anyway. Leon has better things to be doing than abandoned champion anyway, he’s got his angle with Skyler going on, which, although it could reach a climax here, won’t, because for me the angle will keep going as long as they are the tag team champions, and the abandoned title needs to be extracted from this scene. I felt that Frost had a good shout, but while not a total upset by anyway means, it shouldn’t be him tonight either, after losing his one on one with Dunnwood at Supremacy. Speaking of, I feel that he has a very good shout at this, it would certainly be a good news for his career, it’d really move Dunnwood forward in many manners, it’d get him more over, it can be used to bring around the Jaro’s protégé angle back to life, and the belt suits the gimmick. It certainly a possibility for him. Apostasy is non-runner in this for me; if he had had a good build over the cycle leading into this match, he’d have every chance, as part of the domination of Saint’s angle, but that build wasn’t there, so it’s not happening. That leaves Syanide, who also has a great chance in this match, he’s been reclaiming his heat of old since he came back, and has been on a rampage since he did, including an impressive beatdown of Leon, and of course decimating Ceaser to get into this match. A title win could help move him up, and let him continue his path of destruction. So Ultimately, this boils down to Dunnwood and Syanide for me, and it’s really too tough to call between them. Since I have to pick one, I’m going to say Dunnwood, only because winning the Abandoned title would do more for him than Syanide.

Winner, and NEW Abandoned champion, DUNNWOOD!

Ultraviolent Championship:
Jaro (c) vs Harley Quint

This match is a weird one for me. I haven’t been that high on Harlequin’s face turn since he was such an amazing heel, but he’s still putting on great matches at least. Quint has climbed over a lot of bodies to get his title match, beating Calvin Carter and Mark Johansson, and then taking The Celt out of the match, and it would seem the path has been firmly set for him to become UV champ, and it seems so likely, but yet, I’m not so sure. Jaro has chalked in a seriously impressive title run, and if he were to drop it today, it would end an impressive run, but it seems to me that if he does drop it, then there will be nothing for him left to do. He could have his re-match and all, but what then? This title reign feels like a fuelling force to Jaro’s character, and I can’t imagine life after the UV. Of course, he has hinted at retirement from the ring a few times, so maybe that wouldn’t be the worst for HIM, but I’d certainly miss the man in the ring. But if creative know what they want to do with Jaro afterwards, then I think this title match is pretty much in the bank for Harley.

Winner, and NEW Ultraviolent Champion, HARLEY QUINT

FMW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:
Tyrant (c) vs Romeo

A most unusual Main Event for the evening, a Heel vs. Heel match. I will be most interested to see how this plays out, and how the match will go. Romeo has had very good build I think, the “Romeo in 2010” promos have been very good, and I thought the match between him and Faith was great build-up towards this match. What remains to be seen is if it will play out as a match between two heels, or will one person be the face for the night, for the match at least. I’m not optimistic about this one, as its the main event, and the baddie will win either way, this match is on seriously dangerous waters, and I really want to see just how they’ll pull this off. As for the match itself, while Romeo’s build up has been good, I feel that booking is looking towards an Abel Steele vs Tyrant match for the belt in the future, so for that reason I’m going to say that Tyrant will hold the belt for now, and defend it soon against Abel.

Winner, and STILL FMW Champion, TYRANT!

Well, that’s a wrap folks, hope you enjoyed the read, and I hope your buying the PPV like me. A great night is in store. So until FMW’s next PPV, I’ll see y’all around.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: ...
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection   A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Good read. I like these types of things, well done sir.
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection   A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:54 pm

Very nice, I was actually thinking of doing one these like Dalby's old one for LI, but you beat me to the punch with a very well written one of your own.

Very entertaining sir...also PX vs AO?

Could happen.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection   A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Very impressive -- I like the different take this gives you and kind of lifts the feeling of getting bogged down in the promos and what not you can get sometimes
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection   A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:07 pm

AVO, don't ever use that color/font combination again or I will slap you.

As for the column thingy, I liked it, despite it seemingly having a really cheery and positive outlook on all of FMW. I guess you do have to tread lightly, since the sensibilities of everybody here are at stake. It just reminded me of a TNA mark defending everything TNA does. But all in all, it does provide an insight that you don't usually see or think about, which I do enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection   A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:12 pm

After further conisderation you are damn right Sleg that was FUGLY!!!
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection   A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:22 pm

Slegna wrote:
AVO, don't ever use that color/font combination again or I will slap you.

As for the column thingy, I liked it, despite it seemingly having a really cheery and positive outlook on all of FMW. I guess you do have to tread lightly, since the sensibilities of everybody here are at stake. It just reminded me of a TNA mark defending everything TNA does. But all in all, it does provide an insight that you don't usually see or think about, which I do enjoy.

Eh. I wouldn't so much call it a matter of being inoffensive. I mean, everyone know this is an efed and all. Sometimes "logical" booking has to take a backseat to whether or not someone had the better RP, whether they are flaky, etc.

I took it more to be what a sensible booker would do, all things (including roleplaying) being equal. The Dunwood/Hannibal thing being the prime example.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection   A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:01 am

Well, people watching FMW I assumed weren't emos who soaked in the negative moods of FMW, and that they were watching with a positive attitude, looking forward to this show. That's what I figured at least.

The thing about FMW is that the way the shows are run, it wouldnt be easy for smarks to call it, so I thought it'd be fun to show what they may think would go down, and I did have fun doing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection   A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Smark's Take On: Lethal Injection
Page 1 of 1