Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW OOC Thread

Go down 
+58
Jaro Classic
Cactus Sam
The Natural Born Thriller
CarnageKing
Easy
Devilb0y
Vendetta
Shock
Braxton
Antonio_G
Skyler Striker
John Andrews
ASL
Storm183
Runihura
Loins
PBrooks
Wearedoomed
smonroe
Seanawott
John Derrick
The Jackal
Ryu Quinn
Pissant
Ripper
Ashburn
Damien
Drew Michaels
TyranT
Abel Steele
The Returned
Easty
Bobino
MASS Caesar
X
David GS
the nick bryson
Artemis
Drake Parker
The Dude
MPD
Leon Caprice
Hannibal Frost
Leviticastform
iDeAndes
cYnical
RCA
PX
Rottata
Nicholas Gray
The Celt
Jeff
Omega
Mark Johansson
Slegna
Anwyl
Tromboner Man
Edible14
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Easty

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Good shit mate, have fun with that. Also, we'd better do the FMW UK/Eire meet-up this year or else I'll sadface.
Back to top Go down
Ashburn

Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Promo forthcoming. Fear not, David GS.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Easty wrote:
Good shit mate, have fun with that. Also, we'd better do the FMW UK/Eire meet-up this year or else I'll sadface.

Yeah we talked so much about it, and then half way into the Summer I found myself moving out to a new town to work a job to finance this Canadian trip and it never really happened.

This summer or spring though I'mma grab PX and jump on a Ryanair flight and one of your fuckers are going to come pick us up and then we'll all meet up in some town or another and all get shitfaced.

Then we'll have some massive brawl in a back alley reminiscent of a royal rumble poster and we'll use that as FMW's christmas card thing or some shit.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Sounds like a plan.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Edible14 wrote:
As Ammunition head writer... I'm a little saddened by the turnout thus far. Please get something in, people? Please? 5 people for 7 matches is dumb.

Also... I really don't want to do an extension. So don't bank on that happening, it very well may not. Would it suck to send Harlequin to the tournament on a popularity contest? Yes it would. Would it suck to award the C4 title or a shot in the tourney to a no-show? Yes it would. So...

FUCKING POST SOMETHING.

I don't care if it's a youtube video of "I will pin you". I don't care if it's one line in latin. I don't care if it's half-finished, quarter-finished or a paragraph. Just post something.

Sheesh.

Unfortunately I've been away from home since 23rd Dec. While I could get on the net at my parent's place taking time to write a promo was not really an option.

I got home Yesterday and have written 3 pages (in Word) so far but I just don't think I'll be finishing before deadline.
Back to top Go down
Leviticastform
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Leviticastform

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leviticus
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Promo is up! Please go give it a read and consider it in your votes. I am very happy with it and feel like it marks the start of some big changes coming for Levi. Feedback is appreciated and I hope you enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Rep : -10

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Skyler Striker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Effort posted. Can't call it a promo because it's obviously not something I worked on. I've been prepping to go to the UK and working full-time which has thrown me off over the holidays, but I'll be good for next show.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:27 pm

How long are you in the UK for?
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Apostasy
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:46 pm

I have contacted a few people throughout the day. I have a few who promised they could get something in if the deadline was 12 hours longer. Was going to just do that, but in the interest of letting everyone read and perhaps change their votes...

After talking it over with Bryson...

24 hour extension. That'll be all.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Rep : -10

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Skyler Striker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:42 am

The Celt wrote:
How long are you in the UK for?

Half a year. Going to study at the University of Nottingham until end of June.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:30 am

Edible14 wrote:
I have contacted a few people throughout the day. I have a few who promised they could get something in if the deadline was 12 hours longer. Was going to just do that, but in the interest of letting everyone read and perhaps change their votes...

After talking it over with Bryson...

24 hour extension. That'll be all.

Well fuck me.

Skyler Striker wrote:
Half a year. Going to study at the University of Nottingham until end of June.

So then, it's settled: The FMW UK party shall occur sometime in June or thereabouts.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:09 am

So looks like we'll have to schedule that visit of mine for June. I'd be damned if I don't watch a United game with you beside me!

Oh and UK party WOOT! riots on the streets!!
Back to top Go down
Storm183

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Storm
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Attempt at a promo posted.

Do whatever, vote and give out sweets. In fact, give out sweets. Sweets are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Butters
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:15 pm

Promo posted!

YAY!
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The Future" Anwyl
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:53 am

Is FMW dying?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jacob.anwyl
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:15 am

I've only been here 3 years but it's fairly typical of this time of year. It gets quiet.

Never fear FMW will live on.
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The Future" Anwyl
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:25 am

I'm getting requests to resign up for LPW as it will make the transition easier when "IT" happens!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jacob.anwyl
Damien
FMW World Tag Team Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:53 am

Think of it this way. There are quite a few people who go to school around here. School's just about to start up again. They need time to get resettled, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Leviticastform
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Leviticastform

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leviticus
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:50 am

I have been here for going on two years (Man has it really been that long?) and I have heard that FMW is going to die since day one. In fact I hear it fairly regularly. Funny thing is we seem to still be here.

Granted we do have moments where things slow down drastically and people become involved in things other then the fed. It happens in any e-fed really. This is because of one simple fact: Real life is more important then a game (Yes that is what this place is.).

So I wouldn't say we are dying. Maybe we could use an adrenaline shot to pick things up again but that tends to be in the hands of players like the person reading this just as much as it falls on the staff.

So again, we aren't dead or dying. Maybe we are sleeping and we snore real quietly so people worry about us but when they wake us up we are going to be really mad.

And in regards to resigning up for LPW for when "IT" happens: So let me get this straight, if FMW shuts down for some reason if you aren't already a part of their roster they will reject you simply because you showed loyalty to this place? I don't buy it and neither should you. I am one hundred percent positive that if either fed were to shut down the fed that is still standing would gladly accept all refugees.

So in short, as a wise man once said, don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff...

Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Hello all,

glad to see the participation in the OOC thread and in the forums. In relation to the 'is FMW dieing' question, no its not. It hasnt been and it wont be for a while. As long as someone is here wanting to participate I will work with them and so will the rest of the staff.

If you're worried about participation, Id like to point out that our last PPV event, Death Row, only had I think 4 no shows completely on the card, which included literally everyone in the fed (maybe sans one or two). Obviously the winter is when we're slowest in e-fed-land, however I think people will start to have a little more time coming up and they can devote whatever level theyd like to their desire. It will be fun.

Im going to be pretty on and off at the moment. Being poor and forgetting to pay the internet bill was dumb, but I've started a new fulltime job so that will be taken care of shortly. My bad.

Anyway, if any of you need to get a hold of me you can get a hold of edible, who is my RL best friend and he can text/call me about it. Im pretty sure almost everyone on the forums has my phone number anyway.

Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Yes... get in contact with me. PM is the best, or I might randomly be on AIM/Meebo. You never know.

Yes there were a lot of no-shows these last two shows. To be perfectly honest, it's because a lot of people are quite busy this time of year. It's frustrating, and I've certainly been a tad frustrated with it, especially since this cycle is supposed to be about giving people a shot who haven't had one before at the FMC. To be honest, I really don't like the idea of giving somebody a tourney spot when they didn't show (though... if I had to choose somebody who I know is good for showing in the tourney, it'd be Harlequin or Chris Austin for sure). But... life happens. I still can understand that sometimes you just don't have the time to put in something until the last second, and that happened with a few people this time around. Especially since the last minute here was a weekend, and it's understandable if you don't find time during the work/school week.

I want to echo this, though. If you show up in this fed on a consistent basis... you will be rewarded. Me and Bryson do everything we can to make sure of that.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Edible14 wrote:
I want to echo this, though. If you show up in this fed on a consistent basis... you will be rewarded. Me and Bryson do everything we can to make sure of that.

This.

Basically there are quite a few people here who have been surprisingly great this past year and I think our efforts in pushing people around the cards has been reflective of that. We dont ask that you write a novel, or that every promo is a 5.0 or anything of that nature. We just want to have an excuse to reward participation.

Back to top Go down
X

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Nick, im angry with you. get on fb when you can.

signed,

Your spiritual guide
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drake Parker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Edible14 wrote:

I'm the goddamned proof of that. 1-6 or 7 and Television Champion because they gave me a chance and knew I'd take it.
Back to top Go down
Antonio_G
FMW Abandoned Champion
FMW Abandoned Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Antonio Grimelli
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:10 pm

I may not participate much in trash talking, or OOC conversations, but I will always show if I am placed on a card. I can assure you of that.
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Antonio_G wrote:
I may not participate much in trash talking, or OOC conversations, but I will always show if I am placed on a card. I can assure you of that.

That's great news. You will be on one of the next cards, which is unfortunately a little while away. It takes a little time for us to get out shows with the quality we strive for. Target date for this show getting out is the weekend of the 20th, and the next round of shows will have V&P up within a week of the last shows getting out. So right around then is when it will be time for you to post a promo. So stay tuned.

In the mean time, feel free to post in anyone of the forums here, even if you're not much for OOC or TT.
Back to top Go down
The Jackal

The Jackal

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The Jackal" Adam Smith
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:31 pm

Wow, there was an extension? I feel sheepish now. I knew I was booked in a match, and I even knew when the deadline was. But between working and trying to organize some things for the New Year (trying to get back into some things I had abandoned previously per my resolutions) time sort of got away from me. I know someone probably spotted me online Friday night, and I was trying to write a promo. But my mind went blank so I just said fuck it and decided to take the loss. I only noticed there was an extension just now when I logged on to check the OOC board. It's compounded by the fact that between Wednesday and Saturday, I missed four different deadlines for four different e-feds including this one.

So I extend an apology to all, especially to Nick because for some reason he's awfully impressed with my mediocre writing. For the next show I'll try to get a bit more active via trash talking and voting and such.

Don't suppose there's a spot where we could do any sort of non competitive character development roleplays? Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:39 pm

The Jackal wrote:
Wow, there was an extension? I feel sheepish now. I knew I was booked in a match, and I even knew when the deadline was. But between working and trying to organize some things for the New Year (trying to get back into some things I had abandoned previously per my resolutions) time sort of got away from me. I know someone probably spotted me online Friday night, and I was trying to write a promo. But my mind went blank so I just said fuck it and decided to take the loss. I only noticed there was an extension just now when I logged on to check the OOC board. It's compounded by the fact that between Wednesday and Saturday, I missed four different deadlines for four different e-feds including this one.

So I extend an apology to all, especially to Nick because for some reason he's awfully impressed with my mediocre writing. For the next show I'll try to get a bit more active via trash talking and voting and such.

Don't suppose there's a spot where we could do any sort of non competitive character development roleplays? Just wondering.

Don't worry about it. Just try to show up next time and all is forgiven.

As for a place to develop, that's more or less what the trash-talking threads are for.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:40 am

There have been several incarnations of what you're talking about.

Ultimately, participation waned and now they just try to work everyone into the main card.

A couple of those incarnations were projects of mine, and a couple of other peoples' as well, but they never really got off the ground.

I wouldn't be opposed to putting together a random house show of sorts while staff is diligently working away. Should there be enough participants, that is.
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:21 am

Hannibal Frost wrote:
There have been several incarnations of what you're talking about.

Ultimately, participation waned and now they just try to work everyone into the main card.

A couple of those incarnations were projects of mine, and a couple of other peoples' as well, but they never really got off the ground.

I wouldn't be opposed to putting together a random house show of sorts while staff is diligently working away. Should there be enough participants, that is.

I'd be willing to help out with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW OOC Thread
Page 16 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next