Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD

Go down 
+7
Leon Caprice
Vincent Van Rose
Nicholas Gray
Slegna
Jeff
PX
Rottata
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:38 pm

9 PM EST, which I think is 2 AM GMT. Could be off though, double check yourself.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
FMW World Tag Team Champion
Nicholas Gray

Rep : 19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:49 pm

lrn2read
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Marcia Brady wrote:
lrn2read

Also this.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:38 pm

As of this time I've gotten only three cheat sheets. I assume the other seven people are showing up. If anyone can contact the people who haven't responded, like AVO and Jeff, that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Jeff
FMW Corruption Ultraviolent Champion
Jeff

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Don't worry. I shall be here, and am ready to draft.
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:12 am

Here are the results of this season's Draft, and their corresponding grades (not an average), so help me God:

Slegna
Daniel Bryan
Triple H

John Morrison
Drew McIntyre
Santino Marella
Michael McGillicutty
Titus O'Neil

Team Grade: A-

Not bad. The cheat sheet was positioned very well, and the first overall pick very much set the mood for his team. Slegna proceeds to draft three guys who are really on the verge of breaking out (JoMo, Drew and Santino), gets an NXT Rookie good for points, and gets a Nexus member, assuming that Nexus continues after Mania. But even if they don't, Jeff's Favorite Wrestler has enough pedigree to assure him of a spot in the roster, and despite the guy's blandness I think he's only going to improve. It's a rare honor to have almost all your draft picks be fine additions to the men you've already retained, as you know Triple H is a big time player and Daniel Bryan is a big time player in the making.
TL;DR: Best overall draft

Butters
John Cena
Michelle McCool
Michael Cole
Hornswoggle
Trish Stratus
Snooki
Rosa Mendes

Team Grade: B-

The first three picks may seem weak on paper, but trust me when I say when those three, yes, even Hornswoggle, will be a fine complement to John Cena. Mrs. Taker is on top of the Divas game, Cole always gets points every RAW, even after this Lawler storyline has concluded, and Hornswoggle is an NXT Pro. That should be enough to propel Butters early in the season. You can't say the same for Trish and Snooki though, but that's why we have bench spots.
TL;DR: Cena, McCool, Cole and Hornswoggle will carry the team

Nick
Johnny Curtis
Undertaker

Heath Slater
Matt Striker
The Rock
Ted DiBiase
Conor O'Brian

Team Grade: B+

I will say this: Nick knows what he wants and what he needs, and that's exactly what he did in this Draft. The only problem is that the members of his team are not as potent as Slegna's. Johnny Curtis is still nowhere to be found, and Undertaker at this point is only good for a few points a week, as you know he won't wrestle regularly even if he is booked to wrestle regularly. He positioned himself well by taking Heath Slater, who is currently his money player, Conor O'Brian, who is good for NXT points until he is eliminated, Matt Striker, who will get hosting points, and Ted DiBiase, who is sure to lose on TV if he is on TV. His only gamble is the Rock, whom we know will show up on the RAW after Mania, but what lies ahead is still unsure. Neverthelss, good job, Nick.
TL;DR: Decent draft, but team still with risks

Leon
Jack Swagger
Sin Cara

Ezekiel Jackson
David Otunga
Evan Bourne
Mason Ryan
Beth Phoenix

Team Grade: C

To put it simply, Leon's team is one huge gamble, from the retainers down to the last pick. With the possible exception of Ezekiel Jackson, not one of these guys have a predictable future after WrestleMania. We don't know what kind of program Jack Swagger will be in after Sunday. We don't know if Vince has enough faith in Sin Cara to really push him. Even though I'm optimistic, we don't know what happens to the New Nexus after Mania. One can only hope Evan Bourne gets pushed again like he was back in mid-2010. Beth Phoenix hasn't been seen on TV in weeks. That's not to say that you won't earn points, but I don't expect you to be steamrolling your opponents. There were so many NXT Pros and Rookies that lasted until the final round, but you took none of them. Good luck, Leon.
TL;DR: A complete gamble

PX
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio

Cody Rhodes
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Masters
Gail Kim
Kelly Kelly

Team Grade: B-

PX's team last season was an absolute disaster, especially in the latter half, and he only managed to make the playoffs thanks to the virtue of no-showers. However, this time it should be better, as there are at least four guaranteed top players in his team: Randy Orton, Rey and Cody (who are also currently feuding with each other, so that should be easy to predict), and Chavo, who is an NXT Pro. A bench of Chris Masters, Gail Kim and Kelly Kelly is not so bad either.
TL;DR: Solid starters, but might lose steam again mid-season

Romeo
Kofi Kingston
Wade Barrett

Vladimir Kozlov
Byron Saxton
Kane
Tyson Kidd
Tamina

Team Grade: A+++

I'M SO AWESOME U GUISE WILL NEVER BEAT ME

Eddie
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

Big Show
Layla
Jerry Lawler
Ricardo Rodriguez
Jacob Novak

Team Grade: B+

Eddie's strength in the past season laid on NXT, but this time that role is greatly diminished, having been reduced to only one rookie, Jacob Novak. However, even with that, you can't discount his two retainers; current WWE Champion The Miz and former World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler. Whether or not Miz loses the title on Sunday, you can't deny that he'll be hanging around the main event scene for a while longer, and you can't deny that Dolph Ziggler has nowhere to go but up. Fortunately his team is also stacked with decent players such as Big Show and Layla. The only dark sheep is King, who probably will not be a huge scorer after Sunday.
TL;DR: Better than it looks on paper

Jeff
Alberto del Rio
CM Punk

Maryse
Vickie Guerrero
Zack Ryder
Yoshi Tatsu
Mark Henry

Jeff Whitt is a smart man. He drafted two people, Maryse and Yoshi Tatsu, who are sure to give him a truckload of points on NXT every week. He drafted the #1 heat magnet in the WWE right now, Vickie Guerrero, who is always going to appear on TV every week. Those three are good compliments to his retainers, Alberto del Rio and CM Punk, who are also positioned to deliver huge. I would've given him a flat A had he not drafted Zack Ryder and Mark Henry, who are really just that right now: benchwarmers.
TL;DR: Very good draft

Panzer
Christian
Justin Gabriel

Alex Riley
Darren Young
R-Truth
Lucky Cannon
Husky Harris

Team Grade: B

This is a fine example of a middle-of-the-road team. You've got Christian, who is so far just tasting the main event but not quite there yet (you'd have expected him to be added to the World Heavyweight Championship match), Justin Gabriel who is a tag champ, Alex Riley, two NXT Rookies in Darren Young and Lucky Cannon, R-Truth who is due for a tag title shot, and Husky Harris, who is still off TV. This team might bust out big gains occasionally, but until someone like Christian or A-Ri breaks out, those big weeks will be hard to predict.
TL;DR: Not bad, not awesome, but huge potential for a breakout

AVO
Edge
Sheamus

Eve
Brodus Clay
JTG
The Great Khali
Tyler Reks

Team Grade: B

The reigning champ's new team is reminiscent of his team last year: middle of the road with a couple of real stars to anchor it. I've always been saying that Edge and Sheamus aren't the best foundations to build a team upon, but this time they've got a decent supporting cast. As long as Eve is champ, she'll be relevant, and relevance = points. Brodus Clay gets a good rub (no homo) from bodyguarding ADR. JTG is useful early in the season as he is currently an NXT Pro. You could ask for worse benchwarmers than Khali and Reks.
TL;DR: Like Eddie's, better than it looks on paper, but not as much
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drake Parker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:24 am

My team is almost equal to last season's. I have the reliably victorious midcarder who occasionally treks up the card in Christian (last season, Kane) The rarely wrestling, yet reliable point earner in A-Ri (same), A Corre member, a nexus member, two NXT rookies and R-Truth.

I'm pleased with my NXT guys though, since I think Darren will when, and I think Cannon will get a roster spot anyways. Especially since they gave him an actual gimmick and a hopeful romance with Maryse.

I'm still sad that I didn't get Kane or JoMo, but I'll live. Are we going to put up rosters for WM, or start after?
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:35 am

Yes, we will begin now.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:41 am

Rottata wrote:
Slegna
Daniel Bryan
Triple H

John Morrison
Drew McIntyre
Santino Marella
Michael McGillicutty
Titus O'Neil

Not bad. The cheat sheet was positioned very well, and the first overall pick very much set the mood for his team. Slegna proceeds to draft three guys who are really on the verge of breaking out (JoMo, Drew and Santino), gets an NXT Rookie good for points, and gets a Nexus member, assuming that Nexus continues after Mania. But even if they don't, Jeff's Favorite Wrestler has enough pedigree to assure him of a spot in the roster, and despite the guy's blandness I think he's only going to improve. It's a rare honor to have almost all your draft picks be fine additions to the men you've already retained, as you know Triple H is a big time player and Daniel Bryan is a big time player in the making.
TL;DR: Best overall draft

FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 Me-gusta
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:49 am

I just noticed, Leon drafted Mason Ryan even though he just got punted back to FCW. I'd make a good bet on him not showing on TV for a long time, and being dropped by Leon pretty quick
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:52 am

I'm hoping that Ryder gets a little a little push thanks to Z: True Long Island Story. Hopefully, WWE will start using him after some more episodes.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:21 am

Porygon-X wrote:
I just noticed, Leon drafted Mason Ryan even though he just got punted back to FCW. I'd make a good bet on him not showing on TV for a long time, and being dropped by Leon pretty quick

Dude drafted two Nexus guys. That's why I gave him a big C.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:15 am

HEY. ASSHOLES. STOP JACKING MY SWAG CHARLIE SHEEN TEAM NAME WITH CHARLIE SHEEN QUOTES OF YOUR OWN. FUCKING POSERS.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:16 am

Double post because the edit button is further away from my mouse cursor than the reply button.

Can we get match-ups and such for the week?
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:35 am

Oh, right. I forgot. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Great, I'm going up against the guy with the best wrestlemania team. Sad.

At least I can rest at ease knowing that his team will be almost useless once Mania ends.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Caps lock yelling, blah blah blah, princess frostine, blah blah blah, make an appointment so I can cancel it, blah blah blah blow me.
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Sorry PX, Rey's knee brace screwed you over pretty good.

Also, Nick, bite me.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Winner winner, chicken dinner.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:33 pm

ADR lost, and Yoshi and Vickie showed up. That's good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 4:04 am

Kyrian Hunter wrote:

Also, Nick, bite me.

lol why u mad, bro
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:17 am

Scores after WrestleMania:

Romeo - 8 (+2 Kofi Kingston, +2 Wade Barrett, +4 Kane)
AVO - DQed

RCA - DQed
Leon - DQed

SOS - 3 (-1 CM Punk, +2 Alberto del Rio, +1 Yoshi Tatsu, +1 Vickie Guerrero)
Butters - DQed

Slegna - 8 (+4 John Morrison, +4 Triple H)
PX - -1 (+2 Randy Orton, -1 Cody Rhodes, -2 Rey Mysterio)

Nick - 10 (+2 Heath Slater, +4 Undertaker, +4 The Rock)
Panzer - 6 (+1 Alex Riley, +1 Christian, +4 Justin Gabriel)

Almost half the league disqualified. You all make me so disappoint.
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:11 pm

me always mad, bro. And Ro, you not be disappoint.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Shouldn't ADR get more points for losing a title match? I thought people got more points at jobber if they lost title matches.

But oh well, I win!
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Nick, I want you to do me a favor, I want you to go look at the results of the prediction contest. When you do that, I want you to realize, that that will always be the case. You will always do your best and I will always be just a little bit better. Fear me, if you dare.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:47 pm

It's funny cause you think I care about the prediction contest, and you have to use it to try and validate the fact that you're losing to me right now here.

u so mad
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:07 pm

Actually, I've already accepted a defeat this week as retribution for me beating the ever-loving daylights out of you last season. The prediction contest was merely another thing that I can point to and say "I AM BETTER"!

Also, lol.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:22 pm

All I heard was "I accept defeat, please Nick, don't viciously rape me so hard next time"

WELL TOO BAD BITCH, NEXT TIME THERE WON'T BE ANY LUBE.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:28 pm

You two are retarded.
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:06 am

Well yeah, but you've known that for a while now. Besides, there's now a legit rivalry between me and Nick, that makes this more interesting. It's like television.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD   FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW Wrestling Fantasy League 2011 DISCUSSION THREAD
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next