Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Super Bowl Thread

Go down 
+3
Anwyl
Vincent Van Rose
Jeff
7 posters

Who is your pick in the 2011 Super Bowl
Pittsburgh Steelers
The Super Bowl Thread I_vote_lcap9%The Super Bowl Thread I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Green Bay Packers
The Super Bowl Thread I_vote_lcap91%The Super Bowl Thread I_vote_rcap
 91% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Jeff
FMW Corruption Ultraviolent Champion
Jeff

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

The Super Bowl Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Super Bowl Thread   The Super Bowl Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:59 pm

With both the Jets and Bears losing tonight, the Super Bowl matchup is officially set, as the Green Bay Packers will square off against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Black and Yellow/Green and Yellow Bowl. Green Bay is lead by a powerful offense with Aaron Rodgers at the helm, while Pittsburgh relies on Troy Polamalu and its defense to get things done. Who will emerge victorious in this year's clash of the best football teams?

Discuss the Super Bowl here!
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Super Bowl Thread   The Super Bowl Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:57 am

My personal hatred for the Steelers aside, I still think Rodgers and the Pack will pull this one out. I think Urlacher is on point with Polomalu's talent and Rodgers seemed to handle anything thrown at him. But when you add in my hatred for the Shittsburg Cheaters then its Green Bay hands down because in case you didn't know even God hates the Steelers...I have a shirt to prove it LOL
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The Future" Anwyl
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Super Bowl Thread   The Super Bowl Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Because I only watch "NFL" like twice a season, I'd have to say!!! COLTS FTW!!! but we all no they didn't make it this season!! So I'll have to say GREEN BAY FTW BITCHES STEELERS CAN SUCK A DICK
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jacob.anwyl
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Super Bowl Thread   The Super Bowl Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:12 am

Packers for the win.

My all time favorite team in the super bowl after 14 long years.

Stats are:

Green Bay plays extremely well in a dome.

The offensive line can stop Polomlalaulalsnsnsnsawjujsa

The Green Bay seconday always picks up a pick or pick six in the final seconds of any game.

Steeler's offensive line collapses way too much. Even Big Ben can't outrun Clay Mathews.

The receiving core for GB will get it done. It takes a lot to cover those guys.

This all equals a W for Green Bay.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Super Bowl Thread   The Super Bowl Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:39 am

Well as my honorary NFL team is Green Bay Packers... fuck yeah is all I can say.
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

PostSubject: Re: The Super Bowl Thread   The Super Bowl Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Master "The Anwyl" Red wrote:
Because I only watch "NFL" like twice a season, I'd have to say!!! COLTS FTW!!! but we all no they didn't make it this season!! So I'll have to say GREEN BAY FTW BITCHES STEELERS CAN SUCK A DICK

You're a bad person for being a Colts fan. Hate to have to point that out but it is true. Sorry man.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Super Bowl Thread   The Super Bowl Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Hannibal Frost wrote:
The Green Bay seconday always picks up a pick or pick six in the final seconds of any game.

Eh, this can be attributed to teams throwing hail marys at the last second, so not that impressive. However, the corner duo of Woodson and Williams is the best in the league, hands down, and should help shut down Big Ben. Along a similar line of thinking, I think Clay Matthews is going to make life hell for Rashard Mendenhall. Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers are solid QBs, but the game is going to come down to defense. And personally I feel that Green Bay has a better defense by far.

24-14 Pack.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Super Bowl Thread   The Super Bowl Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Drew Michaels wrote:
Master "The Anwyl" Red wrote:

You're a bad person for being a Colts fan. Hate to have to point that out but it is true. Sorry man.

This man's statement is full of Win and Truth
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Super Bowl Thread   The Super Bowl Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:56 am

Slegna wrote:
Hannibal Frost wrote:

Eh, this can be attributed to teams throwing hail marys at the last second, so not that impressive. However, the corner duo of Woodson and Williams is the best in the league, hands down, and should help shut down Big Ben. Along a similar line of thinking, I think Clay Matthews is going to make life hell for Rashard Mendenhall. Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers are solid QBs, but the game is going to come down to defense. And personally I feel that Green Bay has a better defense by far.

24-14 Pack.

I agree completely, except for it coming down to being a defensive game. It's going to be a shootout that hinges on being "edge of your seat" the whole time. Pittsburgh has a nasty receiving corps that'll keep players like Shields and Williams on their toes. Green Bay has an extremely impressive offensive line that'll allow Rodgers a good amount of time to throw the ball. Even when the pocket does collapse, Rodger's is a better runner than most. Even the hard hitting Steelers defense will have trouble sacking him.

Unfortunately, I do see the Packers receiving corps slightly failing once the game gets down to the wire. A fumble by Rodgers will lead to a Steelers touchdown in the fourth quarter tying it at 35 all. Packers will lead, thanks to a rushing touchdown from Rodgers on the next series, going into the last three minutes of the fourth quarter. Big Ben will march his team down the field after the ensuing kickoff, only to be picked off in the inzone by Shields, Williams, or Walden. Neither Field Goal kicker will see the field.

42-35 Green Bay
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Super Bowl Thread   The Super Bowl Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:49 am

Both offenses are extremely potent without a doubt, but to say the game will be a shootout is quite the stretch.

Green Bay and Pittsburgh were 6th and 12 against the pass respectively during the regular season. Against the run, GB was 18th (not great) and Pitt was 1st. In total yardage, Pitt was 2nd and Green Bay was 5th.

The game is going to be very physical and defensively oriented, a battle of field position more than anything else. Turnovers will be a big key to the game, who can rip the ball away from the opposing offense in critical situations.

So while I don't believe the Super Bowl will be a shootout, I could be wrong. Hell, I predicted Auburn/Oregon to be a shootout, and that ended with just 41 points scored.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Super Bowl Thread   The Super Bowl Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:18 pm

YEAH, AHA, YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS. I'M A CHEESEHEAD, Y'ALL LOSERS CHEESE WHIZ. PITTSBURGH STEELERS, THAT'S NOTHING. THAT SUPER BOWL RING, THAT'S STUNTING.

Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Super Bowl Thread   The Super Bowl Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:54 am

Pack wins and Rodgers is finally out of Favre's shadow....Its a win/win in my opinion!! STEELERS BLOW!!! I loved seeing Tomlin and Big Ben alomst broke down after the game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Super Bowl Thread   The Super Bowl Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Super Bowl Thread
Page 1 of 1