Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The College Football Bowl Games Thread

Go down 
+3
Omega
Kaoru
Jeff
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeff
FMW Corruption Ultraviolent Champion
Jeff

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

The College Football Bowl Games Thread Empty
PostSubject: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:32 am

Yep, bowl season has for NCAA football. What game is everyone's team is? What game are you looking forward to most? And aren't you happy Florida isn't in the National Championship game?

Miami needs to beat Wisconsion in their bowl game. NEEDS to. After such a lousy against-ACC season, this would help legitimize the program after falling off after a 3-1 start. Then again, we beat all of our non-conference foes, so maybe the trend continues in this game...as long as Jacory Harris doesn't throw three picks like he always does.
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Kaoru

Kaoru

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:47 am

Booooo to this year's bowl games. I was hoping for a Nebraska win over Texas just so the match ups would get mixed up. Now, they'll all be boring.

Alabama/Texas won't be competitive. I'm not sold on McCoy. Crimson Tide wins with authority.

Florida/Cincinnati may be closer than people think...but still, meh.

TCU/Boise State is a cop-out of epic proportions. At least ONE of these teams deserved a crack at the title. Instead we have a repeat of last year.

Georgia Tech/Iowa is going to be boring. Really, REALLY boring.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:51 pm

GT/Iowa will SUCK. I was hoping it would be like GT/TCU or GT/Cincy. But that didn't happen, so...

I will watch the Orange Bowl like this: Sleep

The College Football Bowl Games Thread Survivorcopy-1-1
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:49 pm

I just have to say, anyone who didn't watch the New Orleans Bowl missed one hell of game.

Dwight Dasher had an amazing game, rushing for over 200 and throwing for another 150. He became one of few players to rush for over 1000 yards and throw for over 2000 yards.

Middle Tennessee State University is my pick for holy shit pick for next year, and with teams like Minnesota and Ball State on the schedule the out of conference schedule is amazingly easier than this year.

Also, Gator Bowl and Music City Bowl are my two favorite matchups.

I could go see the Music City Bowl but I'm pretty broke right now so I'll just watch on the TV.
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:41 pm

stl311 wrote:
Also, Gator Bowl and Music City Bowl are my two favorite matchups.

I both hate and love you for this statement. I love you because you picked the Music City Bowl where my Tigers will be playing but I hate you because you picked the Gator Bowl where my Tigers SHOULD be playing. Fuck a send-off, it's about what is right dammit. The second place ACC team deserves the Gator Bowl, and the exposure that comes with it, not a third-rate Florida State team who all going to be fed to West Virginia for the sake of giving Bobby the send-off he deserves.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Keep in mind that Boston College finished second last year and went to the Music City Bowl.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:02 am

Fuck a Florida State.

In other news, tonight's the Ponsietta Bowl between Cal and Utah. I'll take Cal and Jahvid Best running till the cows come home. Oh, and BYU destroyed ol' Oregon State last night, 44-20. Max Hall will be a better NFL QB than anyone coming out of this current draft class.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:43 pm

So how 'bout my Pac-10? Oregon State gets blown out by BYU and Cal loses by ten (though it should've been more) to Utah. UCLA should at least beat Temple and USC should beat Boston College, provided Matt Barkley actually shows up to the game. Arizona will probably get killed by Nebraska, if Nebraska plays like they did in the Big 12 Championship game. Oregon/Ohio State should be a good one, I'm very much looking forward to that.

P.S. How 'bout that Jake Locker coming back to U-Dub? Go Dawgs.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:47 pm

I expect the good Matt Barkley will show up. He looks like a star in the making. And I dunno about that choice by Jake Locker. Projected Top 5 pick, and look at what happened to ol' Sam Bradford. He made a tough descision, but I would have made to jump to the pros if I was him.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:13 pm

Star in the making or not, it doesn't necessarily mean that he will play well at all. He was spotty the whole second half of the season, and the pressure will be even grater in the Emerald City Bowl. On a related note, I still laugh when I hear USC and the Emerald City Bowl in the same sentence.

I like the choice by Jake Locker, not only as a Huskies fan, but as an NFL fan. Coaches want to see quarterbacks leading their teams to victories, and thanks to being injured last season and Tyrone Willingham, he hasn't had the chance to prove that yet. Under a second year Sarkisian, the Huskies team and Locker could really do something. Though, Bradford's decision and subsequent injury had to have played a huge part in the decision.
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:25 pm

Fuck a USC, I hope Boston College shows up and beats the shit out of their overrated asses. The Pac-10 was actually strong-ish this year outside of them so they got exposed all year for once (instead of us having to wait for the bowl game to see them fail miserably) and I hope a surprisingly effective BC team can do the same.

Now if only the Big 12 would get strong so Texas would have to play some actual competition during the season.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 9:29 pm

I watched Pitt and NC, was a good game and Pitt proved to be more physical than Carolina.

I turned off the USC vs BC game, just because to me USC is a boring football team to watch. But that may just be me.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Let's go Canes! We need this win badly, I think, just to legitimize ourselves after losses to Clemson and UNC.

Let's do this thing.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Miami lost to Wisconsin.

Badly.

You guys got raped.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 6:24 am

You think that's bad?

Nebraska - 33, Arizona - 0.

The Pac-10 needs to stop sucking.

P.S. Go Cardinal!
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:40 am

stl311 wrote:
Miami lost to Wisconsin.

Badly.

You guys got raped.

Did we ever. That was pitiful.

I remember when people were putting Jacory Harris in the Heisman race. Such fond memories those were. Now, all he can do is hesitate and throw picks.

And we most likely lost Graig Cooper for all of next season. This isn't turning out well.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:24 pm

The score didn't even resemble the game, Wisconsin was choking on some of the times they could of scored.

Now it is up to FSU to make the ACC look somewhat decent.

It looks like Christian Ponder WILL play...and he's missed quite a few games this year.
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:14 pm

stl311 wrote:
Now it is up to FSU to make the ACC look somewhat decent.

LOL No. The only ACC team looking good this year seems to be those Tigers from Clemson when we dropped a team from the supposed "best conference in college football". Boston, UNC, and "Da U" have already choked and I cannot see FSU coming out of the Gator Bowl with a win over a very talented West Virginia team in any way, shape, or form.

At least Georgia Tech should beat Iowa and Virginia Tech should stop Tennessee, things could be worse I guess.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:10 pm

Air Force took it to Houston today. I saw that game, the AF defense kept Houston in check all day. Walked away with four interceptions, I think the ESPN guy said.

And their Triple Option attack > Georgia Tech Triple Option attack.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:37 pm

Virgina Tech beat Tennessee badly...

And Drew you're missing the big picture.

Kentucky is the 7th best team in SEC, Clemson was 2nd in the ACC.

And last year Boston College got their ass kicked by Vandy.

FUCKING VANDY.

I don't care what anyone says, the SEC is the best conference bar none.

EDIT: It is over, now nobody can bitch about North Carolina getting fucked over because Florida State did what Miami, BC, and North Carolina couldn't.

Win, and they did it in convincing fashion...unlike Drew's Clemson Tigers. We walloped the number 16 team in the country by 12. Clemson beat Kentucky by 8.
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Dammit, I was coming in here to concede your victory and give my congrats and then you edited your post to beat me to doing it before you were able to sneak a smartass shot at my Tigers. Just remember Seth, the Tigers and the Noles met once this year and I'm pretty we both remember who came out on top.

All the arguing aside, it was so nice to see two more ACC teams win in bowl season. Now the rest of the conference needs to man up and play some ball so we can earn some respect back. Next stop on that train, Iowa.

Also, so glad I didn't do a Pick 'Em for the bowl season this year. Holy shit would I have failed hard. Next thing you know Cincinnati will win out tonight too to completely blow my mind.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:13 pm

Hey, I'm just stating the facts. It was a good game, and I don't want anyone saying that West Virginia's QB was hurt. News Flash, FSU's QB was out as well.

And Drew, you lost to Maryland...a team that was beaten by not only the Noles but the MTSU Blue Raiders.

I'm happy Bowden got to go off on top, he deserved it.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:33 pm

I hope none of you are Bearcats fans. If so, you must be in a lot of pain right now.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:42 pm

I find it extremely funny, nobody can argue that the SEC isn't the best conference after the display Florida is putting on against an unbeaten Cincy team. If the Tide rolls Texas then we could seriously say that they national title game should of been Florida and Bama part II.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:12 pm

S.O.S. wrote:

Did we ever. That was pitiful.

I remember when people were putting Jacory Harris in the Heisman race. Such fond memories those were. Now, all he can do is hesitate and throw picks.

I know man, that shit had me fucking stunned and embarrassed. I figured Wisconsin would give a good game, but damn.

S.O.S. wrote:
And we most likely lost Graig Cooper for all of next season. This isn't turning out well.

Dude, don't say that...please...

Anyway, I felt terrible for Cincy, they got killed. Jesus.

Here's hoping Texas pulls the upset.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:12 pm

Colt McCoy = a butch Clay Aiken. I was mighty surprised when he took off his helmet.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 5:17 pm

ToastErr wrote:
Colt McCoy = a butch Clay Aiken. I was mighty surprised when he took off his helmet.

Sadly, I was not surprised.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:02 pm

I hate Texas almost as much as Florida and Tebore!! I hope the Tide slaughters them.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The College Football Bowl Games Thread   The College Football Bowl Games Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The College Football Bowl Games Thread
Page 1 of 1