Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

College Football Season Discussion Thread

Go down 
+3
RCA
Omega
Jeff
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeff
FMW Corruption Ultraviolent Champion
Jeff

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

College Football Season Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:18 pm

NCAA football is set to start next week! Time to get excited. Go Canes, and go Knights!

Speaking of Tha U, I think they were way overrated in that first poll. 13? Fuck, they won't stay there for long, if this season is anything like last season, which I hope it ain't.
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:33 pm

I am for sure excited about FSU and MTSU football this year.

I'm hoping that Dasher's fuck up doesn't punish us this year, and I hope Ponder can stay healthy long enough to make Florida State relevant.

In other news, Vanderbilt is my dark horse to win 6 games in the SEC.

You heard it hear first Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Sucks what happened to Dasher, being ruled ineligible and all. Let's hope he misses that Blackout game.

So stoked for THA U's continuace of its rise back to prominence.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:59 pm

MTSU is better without Dasher.

And before you call me crazy keep in mind Logan Kilgore was a 3 star prospect coming out of California, he went to school and was Gray Shirted (JUCO Redshirt) and is only a sophmore, yet he fucking torched our first string defense (the best in the Sun Belt) and Dasher couldn't even score three touchdowns against the second team.

God help you all. Especially Troy.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Yeah, I have a hard time believing a team is better without someone who threw for over 2500 yards and ran for 1000 more in one season.

With all due respect, try again.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Yeah, that's coming from the guy who is like "ZOMFG DASHER IS THE BEST EVAR!!!!1!" every time you start talking about MTSU football.

But no matter, Jake Locker > All.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Orly?

Then how about Kilgore throwing for 3200 yards last year and running for another 1000?

You know...in California.

Try again.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:11 pm

That was JUCO right?

As in, he's going into a step-up in competition now?

right...

Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:14 pm

I would be safe to say that the JUCO games in California are just about as competitive as the Sun Belt Games. Most JUCOs from Cali go to big schools like Ohio State, FSU, Alabama, etc etc...most kids in the Sun Belt are 2 star prospects.

And Dasher is good, don't get me wrong...but Kilgore can be a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:02 am

S.O.S. wrote:
NCAA football is set to start next week! Time to get excited. Go Canes, and go Knights!

Speaking of Tha U, I think they were way overrated in that first poll. 13? Fuck, they won't stay there for long, if this season is anything like last season, which I hope it ain't.

I do think a preseason rank of 13 is kinda high for the U (my squad since I was about 14). But if they beat OSU like I am hoping maybe we can prove we belong up there again!!
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Honestly, I think Tha U can be a huge upset team this year. Having kept a close eye on them (my Tigers are in the ACC too so I try to keep tabs on most ACC schools), they have some extremely talented players who all came up together from the same high school. That familiarity could really help them out in the next year or two. If I had to make a guess on the spot right this minute, I'd say Miami takes the ACC this year UNLESS North Carolina is for real like people keep claiming they are. I just don't see anyone else stopping them; the Jackets and the Tigers are both down, Boston typically falls just short, Maryland and Virginia are either going to be decent or completely terrible, Duke and Wake are almost always completely terrible, and I just don't have faith in the Noles to do much of anything. Maybe Virginia Tech could do it I guess but I don't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:42 pm

Banger, if you see this, I could really use your presence on AIM. I have a personal issue to discuss and you seem understanding.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Omega wrote:
I would be safe to say that the JUCO games in California are just about as competitive as the Sun Belt Games. Most JUCOs from Cali go to big schools like Ohio State, FSU, Alabama, etc etc...most kids in the Sun Belt are 2 star prospects.

Thats stupid.

Here, this is Florida Atlantic University Owl's football record while being in Division 2

2003 11-3 -- -- Howard Schnellenberger -- 4*
2004 9-3 -- -- Howard Schnellenberger -- --

here are their next two seasons after being bumped to Division 1

2005 2-9 -- -- Howard Schnellenberger -- --
2006 5-7 4-3 T-2 Howard Schnellenberger -- --

While I dont disagree that a lot of amazing athletes play in JUCO leagues and the like, comparing JUCO to any major football conference is dumb.

Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:14 pm

the nick bryson wrote:
Omega wrote:

Thats stupid.

Here, this is Florida Atlantic University Owl's football record while being in Division 2

2003 11-3 -- -- Howard Schnellenberger -- 4*
2004 9-3 -- -- Howard Schnellenberger -- --

here are their next two seasons after being bumped to Division 1

2005 2-9 -- -- Howard Schnellenberger -- --
2006 5-7 4-3 T-2 Howard Schnellenberger -- --

While I dont disagree that a lot of amazing athletes play in JUCO leagues and the like, comparing JUCO to any major football conference is dumb.

Lolol dumb Bryson is dumb.

Division Two is operated under the NCAA Banner, while Junior College is operated under the NJCAA Banner...which surprising is not the same as Division Two considering that Division Two Schools are in fact four year colleges.

That being said you also have to take into consideration who the Owls played in 05.

Kansas, Oklahoma State, Minnesota, Louisville, and the red hot MTSU Blue Raiders and Troy Trojans who both were coming off division crowns in previous years.

Now let's look back a 04 shall we?

The biggest team on their schedule? Hawaii. Other opponents? Texas State, Florida A&M, FIU (who was also coming up the same time), Illinois State, Northern Colorado, and some school called Edward Waters.

Not exactly the same is it?

What about 03?

Valdosa State, Youngstown State, Illinois State, Texas State, Nichollas State, Northern Colorado, Florida International, Gardner Webb, Siena, and Bethune Cookman.

However there was one same factor for all seasons. MTSU, Troy, FIU, and North Texas most of which times the wins were the same no matter if it was Division 1 or Division 2.

Basically they could beat their new conference mates as a Division 2 School, and did in fact do that several times while coming up. One could argue that because of this they were equally as powerful as a lot of the other schools in the Sun Belt, and considering that a majority of teams they play in the Sun Belt came from the same place they did it pretty much comes full circle.

Although give credit where credit is due, the program has grown leaps and bounds since 98.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:11 am

Omega wrote:

Lolol dumb Bryson is dumb.

Division Two is operated under the NCAA Banner, while Junior College is operated under the NJCAA Banner...which surprising is not the same as Division Two considering that Division Two Schools are in fact four year colleges.

That being said you also have to take into consideration who the Owls played in 05.

Kansas, Oklahoma State, Minnesota, Louisville, and the red hot MTSU Blue Raiders and Troy Trojans who both were coming off division crowns in previous years.

Now let's look back a 04 shall we?

The biggest team on their schedule? Hawaii. Other opponents? Texas State, Florida A&M, FIU (who was also coming up the same time), Illinois State, Northern Colorado, and some school called Edward Waters.

Not exactly the same is it?

What about 03?

Valdosa State, Youngstown State, Illinois State, Texas State, Nichollas State, Northern Colorado, Florida International, Gardner Webb, Siena, and Bethune Cookman.

However there was one same factor for all seasons. MTSU, Troy, FIU, and North Texas most of which times the wins were the same no matter if it was Division 1 or Division 2.

Basically they could beat their new conference mates as a Division 2 School, and did in fact do that several times while coming up. One could argue that because of this they were equally as powerful as a lot of the other schools in the Sun Belt, and considering that a majority of teams they play in the Sun Belt came from the same place they did it pretty much comes full circle.

Although give credit where credit is due, the program has grown leaps and bounds since 98.

Ok, so I say that Division 2 athletics arent as good as the division one teams, and Junior Colleges are about on the same level as D2, show that D2 teams initially struggle against D1 teams, and then you say I'm dumb because D2 arent as good as D1, which is what I said.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:45 pm

lolol the Ducks are completely raping the Lobos right now.

Still nervous for Washington/BYU. Here's hoping mah boy Jake Locker doesn't go the way of Sam Bradford and get himself injured.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:14 pm

UCF wins handily over South Dakota (who knew they had a football team?), thanks in part to good QB play from our two guys, and the skill of our all purpose plauyer, number 3, AJ...something. Can't remember what his last name was, but he was on fire all game, catching passes - including one for a touchdown - and returning punts and kicks. UCF's d-backs could use a bit of work, but everyone else seemed to play very well. Hopefully, it's a big year for the Knights, and they win the Conference USA.
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football Season Discussion Thread   College Football Season Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College Football Season Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1