Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2009 NFL Discussion Thread

Go down 
+9
Vincent Van Rose
Jeff
Kaoru
Omega
Synyster
RCA
Rottata
Saggi the Dark Clown
Rogue
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue

Rep : 0

2009 NFL Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:49 pm

Go Dolphins.
Back to top Go down
Saggi the Dark Clown

Saggi the Dark Clown

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Saggi the Dark Clown
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Go Falcons! Come on back to back winning seasons! That's all I'm asking for. Making the playoffs would be nice but I'm not greedy. Personally I hope the super bowl is undeafeated Colts vs. Undefeated Saints. It could happen.
Back to top Go down
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:19 pm

It could, but it won't.

One of them will lose, in fact, I bet both will lose before the playoffs. I think we could see a Saints/Colts Super Bowl, I just don't think either will be undefeated.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:46 pm

I've lost all hope in the Bears this season, and only hope that they could end up at .500 at the very least.

So now I'll be pulling for the Saints and the Bengals.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Saggi the Dark Clown

Saggi the Dark Clown

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:29 pm

I know the odds are extremely low but it would still be cool. AH! My Falcons got desiroied by the Eagles....what the crap. Please let us have an eay ....crap! The Freaking Saints! affraid
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:31 pm

Romeo wrote:
I've lost all hope in the Bears this season, and only hope that they could end up at .500 at the very least.

So now I'll be pulling for the Saints and the Bengals.

Good man. Go Cincy.
Back to top Go down
Synyster

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Aaron "Synyster" Huntington
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:32 pm

My favorite is Baltimore but I don't think they'll make to the Bowl this year so I'll pulling for the Vikings and Saints. I also like the Jets but theres no way in hell I think there going to make it to the play offs.

Although I'd love to see Colts and Saints go undefeated till the Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:33 am

It is so hard not to pull for the Saints after what not only New Orleans but the whole Gulf Coast area has went through over the past 5 years.

I really hope they win it all.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:30 pm

Vic Carucci is of the opinion that the Dolphins are going to eek out as AFC East champions again, after a Patriots collapse.

Smart man, that Carucci. Go Fins.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:11 pm

I read that article, but I'm not quite ready to buy it yet. I guess it all depends on what happens this weekend with both teams.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:03 pm

Why can't the dolphins ever just spare me and win easily, huh? This game should have been a god-damn blowout. But just as the annoying calls were subsiding, the fumbles/interceptions began. And Ricky Williams of all people...

Titans-Texans-Steelers left.
All teams with losing records? Yes.
All teams that have a good chance of beating the Dolphins? Also yes.

I can't wait until the next draft. Maybe then, with a play-making linebacker and a deep receiving threat we'll have some consistency. At this point, I'd honestly be happy if they can just close out with 10-6, regardless of whether or not they make the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:16 pm

I wouldn't put anything past this year's Jaguars that easily.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:45 pm

Romeo wrote:
I wouldn't put anything past this year's Jaguars that easily.

I would. They haven't really beaten anyone of note.

And based on the game I watched today, a competent (not great...just competent) Miami offense would have won this game 28-10.
Back to top Go down
Saggi the Dark Clown

Saggi the Dark Clown

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:36 am

And th Falcons mightet have a winning season...come on Falcons!
Back to top Go down
Jeff
FMW Corruption Ultraviolent Champion
Jeff

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:07 am

ToastErr wrote:

And based on the game I watched today, a competent (not great...just competent) Miami offense would have won this game 28-10.

Yes.

But thank God for Brian Hartline. He and Bess are gonna make a nice one-two punch for years to come.
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:31 pm

Sigh....so realistically, there won't be any playoffs for the Fins this year. It'll definitely be an exciting draft though. There are a lot of questions on this team that need to be addressed, namely:

1) ILBs who can make plays against TEs
2) OLBs that can replace Porter and Taylor besides Cameron Wake.
3) An FS that doesn't suck (I'm looking at YOU, Gibril Wilson)
4) Another NT to rotate with Ferguson and Soliai.
5) A big, deep threat on WR. For this one, I think we just need to make a big move in free agency. Miles Austin, Vincent Jackson, and Brandon Marshall will all be available. Get one of those guys, and suddenly the supporting cast of Hartline/Camarillo/Bess looks much better.
*) A new offensive and special teams coordinator.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:53 pm

Hey, I like Gibril Wilson. It doesn't help that WIll Allen was hurt and we let Andre Goodman walk. (Should NOT have done that, we need all the help we can get.)

The idea of Vincent Jackson in Miami pleases me. That is something we should pursue. Jackson over the top, Bess cutting across the feild, Camarillo short, Hartline somewhere in between? Yes, please.

But yeah, the linebacking corps needs redoing. Keep Wake, go and get some new, younger guys to work alongside him. Jason'll probably retire after this year, and Joey...yeah.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:43 pm

S.O.S. wrote:
Hey, I like Gibril Wilson. It doesn't help that WIll Allen was hurt and we let Andre Goodman walk. (Should NOT have done that, we need all the help we can get.)

I agree with everything you said except that.

What makes you like Gibril Wilson? I tried to think of something and couldn't. Chris Clemons has shown flashes of brilliance, so hopefully he'll assert himself more at that position.

Will Allen getting hurt was poor for depth, but in the long run it let Smith and Davis get a season's worth of playing time in. So I can cosign it...especially since Allen was en route to having a terrible year.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:31 pm

LOL, the reason I like Gibril Wilson is because I played a Franchise mode in Madden with the Giants while he was part of the team. He was a big reason why the team won the Super Bowl three years in a row. LOL, stupid reason I know, but I can't get over it.

I need help...
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:16 pm

What the fuck is wrong with these playoffs? Fuck the Jets. How lucky can a team get?

First, all of the BETTER wild card contenders eat each other. Then, the Colts lay down for them. And now? Now the Bengals decide to remind us all that they are, in fact, STILL the Bengals.

On top of that, Dallas is about to win.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:23 pm

ToastErr wrote:
What the fuck is wrong with these playoffs? Fuck the Jets. How lucky can a team get?

First, all of the BETTER wild card contenders eat each other. Then, the Colts lay down for them. And now? Now the Bengals decide to remind us all that they are, in fact, STILL the Bengals.

On top of that, Dallas is about to win.

I know I am a Bengals fan for 30 years now and to see them roll over like a beat dog for the J-E-T-S two weeks in a row makes me ill....to top it off The Ravens just smacked the shit outta new England -- God I hate my life!!
Back to top Go down
Lazyking

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Cowboys will beat the vikings. I will love watching farve crawl back to his redneck town
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Lazyking wrote:
Cowboys will beat the vikings. I will love watching farve crawl back to his redneck town

The Cowboys luck has to run out sometime -- God they are the anti christ or at least Jerry Jones is
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Crow

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Gabriel Crow
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:27 pm

ESPN Central has just received the following report. I'm Chris Berman.

We've been able to reach the Devil, who was found lounging in his penthouse suite in Las Vegas. When asked about any family relation to Jerry Jones, Satan's only reply was: He's not my boy, but I love him like a son.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:50 pm

The funny thing is, my Superbowl prediction from the beginning of the season may be right.

I called it as Saints/Ravens, but shied away from that as the season progressed. It still lives!

Dolphins interviewing Al Groh to replace the defensive coordinator. No surprise there, since he's a "Parcells guy." I'm a little surprised that they didn't replace Dan Henning instead.
Back to top Go down
Lazyking

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:08 am

Al Groh? Bad move.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:00 pm

Lazyking wrote:
Al Groh? Bad move.

....and that seems to be the general consensus among most fans who are familiar with Groh. I'm not going to predict whether it would be a good or bad move...but the fact that this man was fired by the Virginia Cavaliers does not impress me at all.

Groh is only one option. The Fins have also gotten permission to interview Keith Butler, the LB coach for the Steelers (which is prestigious in and of itself). Given how pivotal rebuilding our LB corps is going to be for next season, I like this move.
Back to top Go down
Lazyking

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:03 pm

Sorry, I thought it was for the head coach lol. I still don't like the move though.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:07 pm

I want the Butler guy. If he's working with the Steelers' LBs, he needs to be working with our guys. Maybe he could make Cameron Wake a tuly dominating LB. That would be awesome in keeping with the Dolphins' history of decent linebackers. He'd be the new generation of Dolphin fans' Zach Thomas.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:05 pm

The last mock draft I looked at had the Titans taking CJ Spiller.

Could you imagine CJ Spiller and Chris Johnson in the same backfield?

That could be the sickest 1-2 running back punch in the league.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 NFL Discussion Thread   2009 NFL Discussion Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 NFL Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next