Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!

Go down 
+27
Cactus Sam
Nicholas Gray
Leviticastform
X
Jeff
Drew Michaels
The Celt
Omega
PX
the nick bryson
Easy
Storm183
Edible14
The Dude
Abel Steele
Slegna
RCA
Vincent Van Rose
MPD
Tromboner Man
Rottata
Alex O'Rion
Anwyl
Hannibal Frost
Lazyking
Bobino
Leon Caprice
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Easty

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:05 pm

NHB? Heh.

I think, once I capture the Ultraviolent title, it'll be high time for another 15 Minute Massacre.
Back to top Go down
The Dude

The Dude

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Trey Spruance
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:10 pm

15 Minute Massacres are what made the Ultraviolent title.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Exactly. So why not another? The last one was at Catalyst 2008.
Back to top Go down
The Dude

The Dude

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Trey Spruance
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Well we've got to have another then.
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The Future" Anwyl
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:22 pm

? wrote:
Abel Steele wrote:
? wrote:

Allow me to assure you, that will not be the case. Once again, look at Corruption.
And this is my openning argument. I anticipate the Abel Steele's of FMW to try to present a counter argument.

Incase you weren't aware, I'm suggesting that Abel Steele is an unintelligent man who thinks that just because he is under a FMW contract, he knows more about the establishment than a masked man.

This is a reference to the Television Title debate post Corruption which demonstrates this perfectly.

Yawn....

Fella, here's a list of things you failed to achieve by basing your argument on my intelligence (or lack thereof)

*Originality
*Credibility
*Intimidation
*Relevance
*Validation
*Showmanship
*Aggravation

Now here's a list of what you did achieve

Hmmm ..... nope, nothing. *Gasp* Did he just accuse the former professional boxer with diagnosed dementia pugilistica of being a bit dim?? Sorry bloke, looks like you blew it.

Now to the point at hand. The show stealer at No Holds Barred. Here's why it won't involve GSW:

The whole Pay Per View is based on what the FMW community wants to see. So those odds you quoted before actually work against you. A whole 6 people have any interest at all in what GSW are doing. Meanwhile the rest of the roster will be paying attention to the matches and stars that matter.

If our honourable Commissioner has any idea of what the FMW community wants, and credit where credit is due - the man understands business, he knows that means giving me the chance to do what I do best. Revenge against any, no make that all, of the corrupt members of this roster. At one time.

That's not a show stealer, that's a damn SHOW STOPPER!

Do you think I, or any member of GSW, gives a fuck what the FMW community wants to see? Of course not. They're still blind.

However, it's refreshing, this mask.

I could spout off my achievements, but that would give away the game. Which is why it's refreshing. I got a little sick and tired of no talents like you, Abel Steele, whose claim to fame was being stripped of the Gold Card, discrediting what I, an actual veteren of this sport had achieved based entirely on some unwarrented sense of self importance.

Are you sure that mask isn't cutting off the blood flow to your brain, mate? Because I am pretty sure if the FMW Community doesn't want to see you then you and your 5 or 6 or however many butt-buddies you have (haven't been counting, not really a fan of this GSW Overkill) you wouldn't have a match... that means your match couldn't steal the show... because you wouldn't have one...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jacob.anwyl
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:28 pm

The Dude wrote:
Well we've got to have another then.

Seconded -- This sounds incredible
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:25 am

WE ARE ALMOST DONE!!!

The last question is here and here are the top 5 coming into it:

1. Hannibal Frost 39.5 (7.5+6.5+6+7+7+2.5+1+2+0)
2. TBM 38 (5+6.5+7+8+6.5+0+0+0+5)
3. Abel 36 (0+7.5+6+5+5+6.5+0+0+0)
4. AVO 33.5 (4+6+4+6+5.5+4+1+1+2)
5. ? 29.5 (5.5+3+0+0+5+0+6+3+7)

And for those wondering who is pwning each debate here is the winner of each debate so far:

1. Frost
2. PX
3. TBM
4. TBM
5. Frost
6. Drew
7. RCA
8. David Ravish
9. The Celt
10. Still to come

Anyway here is the final question and it is strictly OOC.

How do you rate yourself so far in FMW (1-10), in what ways can you still improve, also in what ways do you think you have succeeded.

Lastly how far do you see yourself reaching in FMW.

In addition to this question I would like participates to allow a short mention to other's posts, merely to encourage them or allow them to bring deeper thought into their evaluations. Suitable mentions will receive additional points.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:09 pm

I hate having to do this.

Good question, but I hate having to evaluate myself.

If I had to give my myself a numerical value at this stage in the game... I really don't think I could. At least, I really can't just rate myself based on how good I think I am. I will, though, put a numerical value on how close I've gotten to how good I want to become. I'd say... 7 outta' 10. In my writing, I feel like I've done most of the things I set out to do. There are still a few key things left, to really make my writing something I can truly be proud of, but I won't master those until I take the time to try. And, unfortunately, I'm running out of time these days.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I can give a more accurate numerical value to my path in FMW. To my... rise or what have you.

A 9 outta' 10.

I've held the C-4 title here. I've held the Abandoned title. I was in Havoc. I've competed for the UV title. I failed to defend the Tag Team titles when Havoc had them, but still... I fought for 'em. I even made it to the top five in last year's Mount Vesuvius. I ended up accomplishing many things that I didn't think would be possible.

Now, what's left?

Well, I'm glad I asked that question.

The biggest, and about only, thing left for me to do... is what I'm attempting to do this very show. I've gotten my first chance at winning the Full Metal Championship. And, if you'll read my promo, you'll notice that I've given this match every single bit of that 7 outta' 10 I mentioned earlier. Hell, I might've even hit an 8.

I've been sitting around, itching to trash talk. I'm foaming at the mouth to see what Tyrant puts up. I'm ready for this.

I mean, who watched the Super Bowl? Who won the Super Bowl?

I've been waiting fourteen long years for my favorite team in the NFL to bring home the coveted Lombardi Trophy.

Now, I've only been in FMW for three years, but the feeling is the exact same. I've been waiting three long years to get to this point. The timing, the bettering of my writing ability... just been waiting for all the pieces to fall into place.

Now they have.

And, like I said, I've given this everything that I've got.

And you may ask, what's left to do after that? Supposing I win, where do I go from there? Well, that's easy. I follow in the footsteps of my predecessors.

I make that belt damn near impossible to win.

That's truly the last thing left on my FMW bucket list.

9.) Win the title.

10.) As De gloriously put it, don't "Frost" that mother fucker.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:19 pm

I also hate rating myself or others for that matter. That being said I would give myself "a respectable 7". I say seven because I think in the one year I have been here I have jumped leaps and bounds in my skill. I started out as a guy who had no effing clue and even got sat down by the lowest of the low in this fed...Hell I think Tilli busted my balls once or twice. Now my skills have garnered me some big matches and even a shot at the Abandoned Title. Ironically, it is this shot that made me realize I still have a ways to go. If I ever to be up on Hanny or Austin's level I have a shit ton of spit and polish to do and I work on this with every promo and judging by my scores every promo gets a bit better. I just hope to garner a bit o the shiny stuff before this place implodes on itself as most feds do one time or another. I, like Hannibal, have an FMW Bucket list of sorts and my big one is winning against an opponent that is "better" than me....Once I take on and beat a Leon or a Seth or even an RCA I will feel accomplished here, right now I am treading water and building my stroke so to speak as I go.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Nasty, nasty question. There's nothing like a good dose of really critical self analysis to make you feel like a failure.

Where do I rate Abel Steele? Ratings are subjective no matter who gives them and their can be no more subjective rating than a self analysis because let's face it. We all havea very strong opinion on ourselves, good or bad.

We also have very different goals of what we want out of our e-fedding.

As Frost pointed out he has a list of accomplishments that will no doubt land him in Hall of Fame territory one day. Even axel poits to his title shot as ameasure of his success. I know it is cliched and most people won't believe it but I am truly not all that interested in ticking off the championships.

I did a lot of e-fedding at the age most of you guys are now (16-22). I stepped away at 22 because I got married, bought a house and got a serious job. At the time I had achieved everything I wanted in e-fedding and those things were the types of accolades Hanny has mentioned (although I must admit the feds were not a shade on the quality of wirters here in FMW - but where is?

This time around I came back to efedding as a release. A way to escape from the demands of a fairly high pressure job. I wanted to tell an interesting story and enjoy myself mixing with people who had a similar interest and most of all I wanted to HAVE FUN

So I guess my rating for my time in FMW from an OOC perspective would be a 9. Why a 9? Well I have done all of those things I stated as goals. The only reason I say a 9 instead of a 10 is because I had a couple of months last year where my life spun out of control and (as is widely known) I decided to quit to relieve some pressure

My only goal for this year is to not let this become a pressure. If life gets out of control I don't want to quit this place (Drew if I try just e-headbutt me ok??) What I want to do is be able to step off the gas and be less active in busy periods without feeling the pressure (self induced) to write something top quality every time and be a major contributor on staff every show.

All that said I suppose this is not what the topic was alluding to so for the sake of providing an assesment of my performance since coming to FMW I will break it down real quick.

Achievements:

Won the Gold Card
Been a main eventer in several shows
Had a C-4 title shot
Out promo'd last years "Superstar of the Year"
scored over 8.5 (I'll be dammed if I'm converting to the new fandangled metric system ie 1-5 promo scores)
Had a part in writing the "Match of the Year" (War Games)

Failures:

Cocked up the Gold Card (but who hasn't?)
Only beaten one main event quality opponent
Had 1 no show
Lost a shit load of momentum

Having achieved all that in two years of FMW I think I would give myself a 6 out of 10 because really I look at all that and think that is probably only a little bit on the right side of very average.

Of course when I win Mount Vesuvius you can upgrade that 6 to a 7.5.

As to how far I can see myself going? The sky is the limit. I truly think in as honest an assesment as I can give I am as good a writer on my day as anyone in the fed. I have lost some momentum with the Abel character but I actually think 12.3 went a long way to building something there and I have a few surprises in store for the rest of you as I look to re-capture the kind of heat I had right after the Gold Card win.

I know I can win a title in FMW. I think I will win a title in FMW but most of all I think I can continue to have a lot of fun with what is for the most part a really easy group of guys to get along with and continue to challenge myself to get better each and every year.
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:07 am

Leon Caprice wrote:

How do you rate yourself so far in FMW (1-10), in what ways can you still improve, also in what ways do you think you have succeeded.

Lastly how far do you see yourself reaching in FMW.

In addition to this question I would like participates to allow a short mention to other's posts, merely to encourage them or allow them to bring deeper thought into their evaluations. Suitable mentions will receive additional points.

Hmmm interesting question, I would rate myself as about five at the moment. Mainly because I am yet to prove myself, yet to do something worthy of respect inside the ring ( i thought I did a good job with the first ever match I had written). What can I count towards success ha! Maybe I can call it successful that I haven't no-showed, but it's early days! I really believe my writing could improve a shit load, but yet again it's early days. I believe I am still finding my feet, still building a story arc!!!

I believe I will go a mile, there are endless possiblity writing and controlling my own character! I will go for as long as my imagination will take me!!!
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 2:35 am

OK so early days and I know that we all have different goals here and rate things differently but I find it interesting with the scores AVO and Anwyl that you gave yourselves.

This is not coming from a nasty place but I just am interested in your thoughts as to how you got those scores and making a point on FMW as a whole. Please don't take this as a personal attack as AVO has improved out of sight recently and Anwyl you are too new for this to even be a fair rating on you from any point of relevance.

The reason I bring it up is because to me it relates so closely to this thing we have in FMW with promo ratings where we practically give people a 7 out of 10 score (now a 3.5 out of 5) just for turning up. I always find it amusing because to me if something gets a 7 out of 10 then there must be 6 others that were worse but we never see them in FMW.

Everyone is too afraid to use a full scale of 10. It devalues an 8 which to me should be hard to achieve. I wouldn't argue with Hanny's 9 for himself. He has done everything possible really bar the big belt and I guess that is about right for a 9.

I just wonder to myself why it is that we are so afraind to ever give out a score below 50% around here?? As it is I only gave myself 60% and I feel that is closer to 50% than 70%.
Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Rep : -18

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:24 am

See, I'm the opposite of Master Red, as I plan to rate myself at 9 out of 10 for what I've done.

Which are, of course;

A) Generated some degree of trash talking which will hopefully continue after the promoing closes.
B) Remained mostly a secret, mostly. I think. I think that there's perhaps two people who know/have a good idea of who I am who are not GSW members or headbookers. I think that is an achievement in itself.

Sure, I've not won this or that in FMW (yet), (that I can tell you about), so I decided to rate myself on a different criteria instead.

As for how I plan to improve?

Honest to god, it's just more of the same. Specifically point A).
Oh, and win a singles title. I've only ever won one singles title in my entire e-fedding career, and it wasn't here.

I'll post more later, I think.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 6:47 am

I have no idea who you are, but I found your post littered with clues.

Very Happy

Sorry, not related to the topic, but I just wanted to point that out.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:14 am

hahah ... you got that too huh?
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:46 am

Just want to answer the question, for kicks.

I'd like to give myself, in character, a 5 out of 10.

Despite what people tell me, I've never viewed Romeo as a success. Just one title to my name, a couple of World Title shots, but other than that... I feel like I've failed myself.

Early in my career it looked like I was heading somewhere. But somewhere along the way, I lost interest with the Romeo Vizzini character. That's what happens when you do a gimmick; if you fail to evolve him eventually, you're going to burn out. I tried to evolve him, but I was still unhappy with the results. I tried to keep writing a character that I no longer loved, a character that some people wanted me to keep, and that led to an overall burnout.

I think that had I not been unhappy and burned out, I wouldn't have let Tiberius be written out.

On the other hand, I love booking and I love writing shows. I get a kick out of people's reactions. That's why I always try to write the best show I can.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:26 am

Abel Steele wrote:
OK so early days and I know that we all have different goals here and rate things differently but I find it interesting with the scores AVO and Anwyl that you gave yourselves.

This is not coming from a nasty place but I just am interested in your thoughts as to how you got those scores and making a point on FMW as a whole. Please don't take this as a personal attack as AVO has improved out of sight recently and Anwyl you are too new for this to even be a fair rating on you from any point of relevance.

The reason I bring it up is because to me it relates so closely to this thing we have in FMW with promo ratings where we practically give people a 7 out of 10 score (now a 3.5 out of 5) just for turning up. I always find it amusing because to me if something gets a 7 out of 10 then there must be 6 others that were worse but we never see them in FMW.

Everyone is too afraid to use a full scale of 10. It devalues an 8 which to me should be hard to achieve. I wouldn't argue with Hanny's 9 for himself. He has done everything possible really bar the big belt and I guess that is about right for a 9.

I just wonder to myself why it is that we are so afraind to ever give out a score below 50% around here?? As it is I only gave myself 60% and I feel that is closer to 50% than 70%.

I actually thought long and hard about giving myself a 3 honestly. But after I looked over the work done here I realized I should give myself more credit. I have NEVER no showed a match, and while I have never taken on anyone huge but Eric Ares, who is now O Rion, and Seth I feel the stuff I have put out there is good but not mind blowing. So this in my mind results in my respectable seven!! I hope this clears up my thought process a bit.
Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 9:03 am

It's all going to depend on your aims, really.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
FMW Corruption Ultraviolent Champion
FMW Corruption Ultraviolent Champion
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 9:30 am

3 out of 10.

Let's be honest, I've been here with like four other characters, and I've done nothing with any of them. Black SOS managed to get people to notice (and dislike LOL) me, but that was pretty much it. I show up, promo for one match, then disappear for several months before trying again. I give myself one point for managing to earn a Television Tag Title shot along with Ash like two years ago, and two points for managing to help get this GSW thing of the ground. But other than that, I've basically had a completely failing run here in FMW.

Though, hopefully, things are going to be turning around, and maybe I'll manage to have some fun and win a match or two with this GSW thing. It's started off well enough. But until that happens, if it does (WHICH IT WILL JEFF, BE MORE POSITIVE), I've failed here at FMW.
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 9:36 am

@ Axel:

Yeah thats cool. Like I said I was more interested in what criteria you were judging yourself on. Mine was completely different to most and I guess it just interests me what people aim to achieve from their efedding.
Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:59 am

Jeff wrote:
3 out of 10.

Let's be honest, I've been here with like four other characters, and I've done nothing with any of them. Black SOS managed to get people to notice (and dislike LOL) me, but that was pretty much it. I show up, promo for one match, then disappear for several months before trying again. I give myself one point for managing to earn a Television Tag Title shot along with Ash like two years ago, and two points for managing to help get this GSW thing of the ground. But other than that, I've basically had a completely failing run here in FMW.

Though, hopefully, things are going to be turning around, and maybe I'll manage to have some fun and win a match or two with this GSW thing. It's started off well enough. But until that happens, if it does (WHICH IT WILL JEFF, BE MORE POSITIVE), I've failed here at FMW.

My success is your success, buddy.

And 9 + 3 = 12/10.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:02 am

Actually...

(9+3)/2 out of 10 is 6...

I'm just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:43 pm

I didn't say my success was OUR success.

Thus no need for division.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:07 pm

True, but for him to have your success, you have to give it to him. So you have to give him a share, unless you're willing to part with your entire success.
Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:14 am

Sure I am.

Mother fuckers don't even know who I am. I've got my own success banked under a different name, thankyou very much.
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:17 am

I rate my success on what I can do for the e-fed as a whole, like I said this is early days still, but I posted a match FOUR HOURS!!! after the results were posted to me and earned a FMP because of it and a praise from TBM, I rated that a 3 IMO (1 point for the match+ 1 pt for the FMP + 1 pt for the praise= 3points). I have posted promos well before the deadline (1 point) and I have attracted attention, with a few FMW vets helping me with my writing and taking time out to help me, I feel that I have done something right (.5 points) and with my various pointless artworks (which are my life) i feel I have put back into this E-fed who has treated me right (0.5 point)

So 3+1+0.5+0.5= 5 outta 10
Back to top Go down
David GS
FMW Anarchy Ultraviolent Champion
FMW Anarchy Ultraviolent Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: David GS
Championship: FMW Television Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:46 am

8/10. I've been able to keep up a fairly high level of promo writing and keep my character engaging (IMO) at the same time. If it weren't for those two disgustingly close losses in the GCG and HC, probs I'd give myself a perfect 10.

EDIT: Also, I need to improve on my TT'ing since it kinda sucks.
Back to top Go down
John Derrick

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: John "Doc" Derrick
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:05 pm

This is a fun question, regardless of the fact I haven't participated yet.

A lot of people here would probably wouldn't begrudge me if I gave myself a 10 of 10, because of the level of my writing, and my success. It would be disingenuous of me not to notice that I've been able to write at a high level, and have been scored that way. I've been pretty successful, of course coming up short a few times, and that is where I find my flaws. I don't have a great work ethic, I either am or am not motivated to write and timeliness is my kryptonite. There's other things I've not liked about my tenure, I sometimes feel apart, one because I occasionally get mythologized to the point of being an outsider, and b.) because I'm rarely as close to anyone as other people are. Also, I'm a shitty tag partner, for the aforementioned reasons.

So if I were to rate myself, going low would be as ego-stroking as to give myself a perfect 10, false humility is just a twisted reflection of arrogance. I hold myself to a high standard, however, and to be honest I wish I could've done Doc more justice at times. To me, the character isn't just words on a screen, or a hobby, but a person in himself, and as a god I've been cruel and unrelenting, and my laziness and lack of drive at times has done him harm and deprived him of the absolution he deserves. I wish I could be more consistent, but if I don't have an idea that I love and have the passion to express, it's not really worth it to write. Doc is important to me, but more important is that his story have something to it.

In my eyes, I'd give myself and 8ish. I'm proud of what I can do, but I know I can, and could've done better.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:10 pm

I'd probably have to go like 7 or something. I've won some huge matches, I have some accomplishments, but the matches I have wanted to win, I have not. I lost the AB Elimination Chamber at Supremacy, I lost the 15 Minute Massacre at Catalyst 09, and I lost to Eric Scorpio.

But I have won the tag belts with Alex O and to this day that stands to be my greatest accomplishment.

Still, it's taken me a while to finally find my groove and I've made some less than stellar outings and decisions so, I know I probably could have done better.

I'll elaborate later or something but yeah, like a 6.5 to 7.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:39 pm

? wrote:
Sure I am.

Mother fuckers don't even know who I am. I've got my own success banked under a different name, thankyou very much.

Arguably, since you said yourself that you've only won one singles title, and without divulging - it's not my place to - didn't you epically fuck the tail-end of that reign up? Granted, your prior success here is somewhat impressive, but others have done what you did, and better or in more grandeur, too.

On a related note, I refuse to grade myself. With an already historic and controversial career under my belt it's nigh-impossible to put my successes and failures into a number out of ten. I've not won the Full Metal Championship, and as that is what we all truly strive for, does that make me an abject failure? Then again, I've defeated some of the biggest names in the business, including the man who could well be your next Champion in Hannibal Frost, and former Champion Alex O'Rion. I was - regrettably - the young gun of the most successful stable in Full Metal Wrestling's history, and one-half of the first-ever Full Metal Wrestling Unified Tag Team Champions.

Now how in the blue hell can anyone ask me to examine that and go, oh I don't know, I guess I deserve a respectable seven?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!   FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW! - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW Debate Cinco Start NOW!
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next