Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD

Go down 
+9
ppdragos
PX
Mark Johansson
Christian Moorebyss
Leon Caprice
Slegna
The Celt
Omega
Skyler Striker
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Rep : -10

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Skyler Striker
Championship:

THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD Empty
PostSubject: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:05 pm

More football talkin'. Yeah.

So, World Cup this year. Anyone up for a predictions bracket?
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:48 pm

Italy FTW.

That's all.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:59 pm

Um, America is actually in the World Cup too you know Omega.

Fuck France.

And finally, Go Ghana.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:04 am

Fact: America sucks at soccer.

But that's ok, it's a crappy sport anyways. I just hope somebody gets headbutted in the chest again. That was pretty fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:15 am

Soccer predictions, count me in!

I'm all for the Auzzies and I think we have a chance if we beat Germany straight up to get into the finals. Ghana will be tought and I see the Serbia match going to a draw.

But my favs are Portugal, Spain & Argentina.
Back to top Go down
Christian Moorebyss

Christian Moorebyss

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian Moore
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:26 am

Sign me up.

I think this year we could see a lot of surprises ... Although I still want either England or Australia to win (I'm half-Auzzie)
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:25 am

And when I say France, I mainly mean Henri and Drogba, and a few choice others.

The Legendary Zinedine Zidane, even if he weren't retired, would be excluded for sheer awesomeness and being half Algerian anyways. Fun Fact: I've been was of Zizou since I was 7 owing to the fact I was given a Zidane Juventus jersey back then that was too small for my dad. That actually lead to me supporting France in '98 and 2000 in the Euros, which was pretty fun for me to see them win those, although in '98 punched my head into a radiator causing me to chip a tooth because I supported the French over the South Koreans.

Ah, interconnected memories.
Back to top Go down
Mark Johansson

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Mark Johansson
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:35 am

Doublemummy wrote:
Sign me up.

I think this year we could see a lot of surprises ... Although I still want either England or Australia to win (I'm half-Auzzie)

Pffft you're not a real aussie!!!

Go Spain....

Going to the Australia vs New Zealand world cup send off tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:22 pm

The missing word in Celt's post is "PX" I punched him in the mouth during the 2002 World Cup. (Not 98 as he said)

Also, I'll do a prediction bracket if one comes to life.

And as always, Netherlands have my backing for the WC
Back to top Go down
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:33 pm

And we start things off with a 1-1 draw between the hosts and Mexico! Which, btw, no-one predicted! I didn't get the chance to watch but it was apparently a good opening game - France v Uruguay begins in two hours!
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:45 pm

2 things:

1. Should we have a different thread for WC discussion?

2. The match was great, both teams were quick and their strengths were in their counter-attacking. But some poor passing by South Africa and a lack of positive attacking pressure by Meh-I-Co led to the draw.

But a nice way to start it off... Oh and those horns, If the Germany vs Australia has those horns for 90 minutes to, I'm muting it!!
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Good start to the World Cup. Mexico were dissapointing against South Africa, they haven't lived up to there ability. Today was the first day I've watched the Uruguay team, and I may want to reconsider my predictions now, they are quite a good team. France are still being dragged down by domenach.

I thought a draw was the most likely outcome, but i didnt predict it because I thought Mexico would perform to a higher standard that they didn't.

Group A is very even, I might reconsider my predictions now that I've seen Uruguay finally play, and Mexico aren't on full cylinders. It's so hard to pick between all these teams.
Back to top Go down
ppdragos

ppdragos

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Cole Dragos
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:38 pm

What a start for England.... Go on lads

England 1-0 USA

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ppdragos

ppdragos

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Cole Dragos
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:25 pm

Green needs sodding shooting Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:12 pm

I don't care how they tied and how the goal scored, but England just tied the USA. To put it in perspective:

Imagine your cousin who is 7-8 years younger than you, upon whom you constantly beat up. Now picture his retarded friend. United States soccer is that retarded friend.

I don't care how much England outplayed the US or whatever. There's just no excuses for tying the United States.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:33 pm

America!! FUCK YEAH! Razz
Back to top Go down
Christian Moorebyss

Christian Moorebyss

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian Moore
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:01 am

England fans are still very optimistic about their chances of winning the World Cup though.
Every channel that is showing the tournament have been talking about how England drew their first game in the 1966 World Cup and went on to win the tournament.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an England vs. Australia final Wink
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:37 am

I really have to say this, Americans, STOP HATING ON YOUR TEAM! The USA have a good team, and play good football. They WILL be getting out of their group and into the last 16 at least, so please have more faith in them.

And as for England, if they don't sort out that god awful midfield, they won't be winning any World Cups, I promise. If I were Capelllo I'd be wishing i brought Scott Parker with me, he is what that midfield needs. If Lampard and Gerrard both start England's next two group games, consider them non-runners for the World Cup. The first decent side they meet will knock them out if that is the case.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:21 pm

More feedback on last night's result, Capello's thoughts on Green Corpsing on him.

THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD Original_image

Send for the man
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:39 pm

PX wrote:
I really have to say this, Americans, STOP HATING ON YOUR TEAM! The USA have a good team, and play good football. They WILL be getting out of their group and into the last 16 at least, so please have more faith in them.

And as for England, if they don't sort out that god awful midfield, they won't be winning any World Cups, I promise. If I were Capelllo I'd be wishing i brought Scott Parker with me, he is what that midfield needs. If Lampard and Gerrard both start England's next two group games, consider them non-runners for the World Cup. The first decent side they meet will knock them out if that is the case.

I totally think that the Us has the talent to get out of the group...I would never put down the team that represents my beloved USA!! I think the US could have taken better advantage of the poor midfeild play and actually won the thing, but I have been out of the game of soccer for 20 years and my field vision may be a little off. but as I said before .... AMERICA!! FUCK YEAH!!!
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Somebody get me one giant piece of chalk, I've to draw a line around the corpse of Australia. The Murderer? Germany.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 5:15 pm

MURDERED!!!....Well...Yeah we were. Absolutely sucked out there. Cahill's card was a head-scratcher and I loved the German circus that does front flips without assistance (As in Yellow cards for diving when there was ZERO contact). All in all, a game to forget.

Ghana, we're coming for you!!
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 5:28 pm

I think Australia's world cup imploded today, the lack of Cahill against Ghana is a huge blow, I can't see them getting through it with the points
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:53 pm

So the US gets majorally screwed out of a dramatic game winner by the shittiest World Cup ref I have ever seen. A tie is good, but now we need help from the English to make any noise. What kills me is that the ref blew multiple calls handing out cards like they were candy. A shit handball call gets one of our guys knocked out for the final group round match. WTF??? There should be replay in the the World Cup then that shitty ref would have seen he fucked up. Worst of all the idiot wouldn't even explain what he called. The announcers speculated offsides but when shown from 3 different angles everyone was on and the goal should have counted!
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Axel_Van_Osbourne wrote:
So the US gets majorally screwed out of a dramatic game winner by the shittiest World Cup ref I have ever seen. A tie is good, but now we need help from the English to make any noise. What kills me is that the ref blew multiple calls handing out cards like they were candy. A shit handball call gets one of our guys knocked out for the final group round match. WTF??? There should be replay in the the World Cup then that shitty ref would have seen he fucked up. Worst of all the idiot wouldn't even explain what he called. The announcers speculated offsides but when shown from 3 different angles everyone was on and the goal should have counted!

Hey hey hey now! You have no right to claim bad refereeing and being screwed out of results, we are THEE screwjob finish right now, cmon man
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:29 pm

PX wrote:
Axel_Van_Osbourne wrote:

Hey hey hey now! You have no right to claim bad refereeing and being screwed out of results, we are THEE screwjob finish right now, cmon man

In all honesty this passed it up hands down!! That ref should be hung in the town square.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:47 pm

I think ours is a bit more blatant now, so fuck you! <3
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:42 pm

Nobody cares about you guys.

We really got fucked Sad

Screw blowing up the countries with nuclear warheads, let's blow up South Africa.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:35 pm

You can add Australia to the list of teams who've been done over by the ref. Undeserved red card for our returning striker Harry Kewell, and then only a yellow for a Ghana player who tackled with studs out from behind without getting the ball - just like Tim Cahill got sent off for! Ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
Easty

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:18 am

The England/Algeria game was SHIT.

Man, fuck Rooney and his county-sized chin.

And the USA should have won against Slovenia, it was blatant holding in the penalty area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD   THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next