Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Final Fantasy Thread

Go down 
+8
iDeAndes
Gabriel Crow
Kaoru
PX
Rottata
Eric Scorpio
Skyler Striker
The Returned
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 4:13 pm

I had a lot of stuff about the FF series, best and worst characters, etc in the run up to the games release, from what i remember Yuffie is the kid who shows up and robs all your stuff just to be a pain in the ass.

Also, Battling Dark Cecil in FFIV would be a lot of fun, a cool idea i thought.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Eric Scorpio
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 7:57 pm

Gabriel Crow wrote:
Same with Rikku and Yuffie. Anyone who picks the annoying, teenaged-girl characters for their best list needs to be shot. I don't care if real women look hot dressed as them in cosplay. It doesn't matter. They're annoying and they're lame.

That is all.

I'd take Rikku over Vaan any day. Still doesn't mean she'd end up on my list lol.

PX wrote:

Also, Battling Dark Cecil in FFIV would be a lot of fun, a cool idea i thought.

You also get to fight a Dark Kain in FFIV: The After Years

EDIT: Just made it to Grand Pulse and the world looks huge and the enemies have definitely went up a few level in difficulty with a few of them KO you with one shot.

Need to level up lol.

I do have a couple of pet peeves though.

1. There are some one hit kills from certain enemies and when they target the leader it's game over which blows. It should shift to temp control of another guy till you revive your leader. Like how do you avoid one hit kills... dumb. (thank god there's only a couple guys like that)
2. A nice teleport system would be nice lol. Some of those obscure backtracking walks you have to take (missions) are friggin long!
3. Where the hell do you buy fortisol and such? I pretty much got those things very early in teh game and don't get anymore or see them for sale. Some encounters, these would be nice.
4.And this one is big (for me anyways) when you change party members, it resets your paradigm to 4. I really wish they would save for each configuration you put together (there's only 6 characters). Because I don't feel like painstakingly recreating them, I'll stick with one group set up. lol Oddly, it's an all girl team. Sazh has only one thing I like about him and its his En-spells, which someone else is going to learn now. Same goes for Hope and his Bar-spells. Snow... well it was between Snow and Fang, I prefer Fang.

EDIT2: And on FFXIV I just looked at the list and I probably wont play as a Gladiator lol It seems to be equivalent to the Paladin in FFXI and I don't normally like the role of being the main tank. So looks like Marauder for me. I also won't be a hume this time around.

Also heard this is only a partial job and weapon list and not the full one we'd get at launch.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:47 pm

Romeo wrote:
Says the guy who plays a Japanese dude.

Only because he's fat and in the mafia.

I hate most Japanese shit.

But Final Fantasy? That's a little too "crazy hairstyle, big wide eyes, floaty demon giant sword" for me.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:08 pm

So why are you in this thread?
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Rep : -13

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Can I go on record and say that I think that FFVII is the most overrated piece of shit ever?

Consequently, Sephiroth is a horrible HORRIBLE villain.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: ...
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Noted De.

I also don't see the huge appeal of FFVII and the subsequent follow ups that seem to be abound.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:03 pm

FFVII is over-rated. You want emo, this game has got it.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:52 pm

Eric Scorpio wrote:
So why are you in this thread?

BECAUSE I HATE ALL OF YOU TOO.

Edit: and the picture of the nun punching the shark.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Rep : -10

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Skyler Striker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:58 pm

It got over-hyped, yes, but it's still a good game.

I'd love a PS3 remake, but it probably won't happen.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:21 pm

I'd love a FF4 remake that looks like FFXIII.

=)

And if we're sticking with 3d FF's than I pick FF8 over 7. 8 is damn incredible (aside from the mopey Squall sections)
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:23 pm

Squall, tho emo, is certainly one of my favorite FF main characters. I consider Basch and Balthier the main characters of XII and I rank them high on the list.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Rep : -13

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:11 am

FFVIII was loads better than FFVII. Mainly because the supporting cast was less annoying (aside from Riona whom I wanted to just deck in the face ever time I saw her).

Also; Squall had good reason to be mopey and isolated. He's an orphan. Cloud was whiney for absolutely no reason. He was a kid having a mid-life crisis mixed in with cock envy of Sephiroth.

The entire concept of a military academy of mercenaries is also pretty badass. Who wouldn't love a huge flying hovership campus?
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Weren't they mostly all orphans? Been awhile since I played it.

The main part I was referring to Squall and his mopeyness was when he's lost within himself. FFVII had just done the exact same thing with Cloud and it just felt redundant.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:11 pm

Yeah, the team minus Rhinoa were orphans, together.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:12 am

Beat FFXIII today.

Pretty graphs Smile all my guys have over 10000 hit points now, a couple inching towards 20000.

The last boss has a very asshole-ish move... be warned. He's also so friggin weird looking, kinda of like a new age Picasso art.

Also so far, only two enemies I can't kill so far, and if you ever encounter something called a Neochu, have fun... and by fun, I mean, paper cuts are more enjoyable, as is a swift kick in the nuts, then proceed to paper cut those.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:37 am

Changed the thread's title, since we're not just talking about 14 anymore.

Carry on.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:27 pm

Update on FFXIV

Looks like there's a much bigger variety (in some way) to what characters you can pick. With 5 races and each consisting of 2 different tribes, I'm intrigued.

http://rpgland.com/news/information-on-final-fantasy-xivs-races-and-tribes/

I really though I knew what race to pick before this came out, but with the added tribe thing, I'm not so sure anymore. There's a few options I like there.

There's also more info on the combat system, where your guy will have an active mode (battle ready) and a passive mode (only time you can self heal I guess). The enemies will also have these modes as well, so you can premptive strike an enemy now if they are in a passive state (but can do the same to you if your in one as well).

No definitive word on group sizes, but 6-8 seems like the number. Also, the rewards will be greater for you, with a smaller size party (obviously duh!). Apparently party sizes of 3 and 4 will be doable as well. There's also going to be a lot of emphasis on the solo play as well from what I read before and has been re-enforced again. Which is good.

Anyways... I'm anxious.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:45 pm

So entirely excited about XIV.

Seems like there is a lot of depth being added to this game. I am really stoked.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV

New FFXIV Youtube channel.

It shows some gameplay footage while you're in a town. No combat footage though =(
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:13 pm

You make me heart you more and more each day Scorps
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:33 pm

lol

As you can tell, I'm anxious for this game as well.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:44 am

I've just gotten to the grinding fields in XIII. Taking a while but the story's been great so far and I am actually interested to see how the game will end.

[Snow/Lightning/either Sazh or Hope] are my main party, proceeding through the missions before I go gil farming and level up mah weaponz.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Forgot about this thread.

As for FFXIII, I only need the treasure master trophy for 100% completion... though the time required to do this is very long.

FFXIV news!!!

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/benchmark/na/download.html

this is a link to a download to find out how well FFXIV will run on your PC. I still plan on buying this for my PS3, but for those of you who want to download this for the PC, try this out.

There's also a map of the world, for those curious about where the main countries are and where you would start depending on what allegiance to begin with.

I am still super anxious for this game =)
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jaro
Championship: FMW Ultraviolent Championship

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:56 pm

I do rather enjoy FFVIII, but the supporting cast was NOT better than FFVII.

Squall is devoid of any interesting qualities.
Rinoa is the cliche damsel in distress, and not as charming as Aeris.
Irvine is a reject cowboy
Zell and Selphie = AGAGAGAGAGAGOAWAYANDDIE

Also the main antagonist isn't even revealed or even really spoken about until you're already done 85% of the game.

Really, the only cool character was Quistis. She was hot for teacher.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Agree about the supporting cast of 7 over 8, though overall, I liked 8 way more than 7.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:47 am

I gave up on FFXIII after my PS3 bombed on me, I had to restart the whole thing, got a new PSN, and can't save the game anymore because you can only save under your original PSN.

FURIOUS. Not playing this game again for a long, LONG time.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Why a new PSN? Sounds odd that you couldn't use your previous one.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:48 pm

It didn't recognize anything to do with my old one. No name, email, nothing.
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jaro
Championship: FMW Ultraviolent Championship

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:48 pm

I might start a PlayStation 1/2 Final Fantasy marathon. I own VII through XII (not including the abortions known as X-2 and XI)

y hlo thar Cloud.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com
Nero Trinity

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:16 am

I am getting XIII and I have been playing the PC Version of VIII, very emo but my fave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy Thread   The Final Fantasy Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Final Fantasy Thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next