Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation

Go down 
+12
Christian Moorebyss
The Dude
Easy
Abel Steele
Eric Scorpio
McDaygo
The Celt
Omega
Jetstream
Slegna
Rottata
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

This time, what do you want to see?
Steel Cage
10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
Two out of Three Falls
10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 10 ]
Ladder
10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_vote_lcap30%10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:02 am

Slegna wrote:
For starters, you can't make the base pic as every indication of size. That's just there as a visualization, not a rigid guideline.

This. Slegna wins.

Anyway, since pretty much everyone has voted, it seems as though Boobies has won, but there is no exact consensus as to what match it will be exactly. Since none of the first three options won, this poll will be restarted, but this time, the options will be from among the most popular write-ins. We have to do this poll due to the nature of the TV title.

The Port of Miami match will have to be done some other time.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:48 pm

So, I thought of something last night.

Why do we want a ladder match when there's a TLC match on Distortion?
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:55 pm

I don't see it as a real problem because:

1) different show so it isn't as big of a deal
2) TLC is very different from a traditional Ladder Match. One involves putting your opponent through a table one involves climbing a ladder to win.

That said my vote was 2/3 falls.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:00 pm

1) So you're saying that if the same gimmick match was held on RAW and Smackdown on the same week, you wouldn't be disappointed/angry?
2) In TLC you also have to climb a ladder to win.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:03 pm

1) not if it was suitable for both matches. Will you be pissed of with 2 Elimination Chambers at the next PPV?
2) I honestly can't remember the last TLC match I watched but I thought you could win my either method?
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: ...
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:05 pm

I went 2/3 Falls.

I kinda agree with sleg on the ladder match thing. If I'm gonna read a ladder match it's going to be the TLC match on Distortion, which will eclipse this match.

2/3 seems like a good endurance match to give some more fuel to this feud.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:10 pm

1) Slightly, but WWE has bastardized all their PPVs so nothing comes as a surprise anymore, so I guess I've just come to live with it. Still not a huge fan of it though.
2) Nope, it's still the grabbing the belt(s) to win. All 9 of them to be exact. A point was brought up in the AIM chat last night, at Unforgiven '06, John Cena F-U's Edge through two tables, but didn't win until he grabbed the WWE Championship. Most of the TLC matches should be on Dailymotion, watch one for an example.
3) I hate talking like this.

P.S. Delaware River Match 4 Lethal Injection.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:18 pm

1) RE 3) good point

I can understand your point about bastardized PPVs, it is getting ridiculous. I will take your word on the TLC thing since, well, why wouldn't I?

As I said in my initial reply my vote/preference is for 2/3 anyway and I am pretty sure I was the one who first mentioned it (sure I also suggested about 3 other options but nevermind that Wink )
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:56 pm

I slept on it. And I'm glad this poll was restarted and here is why. When picking stips for the Television Title they need to be stips that we would of seen on Ignition. Matches like I Quit, Buried Alive, Steel Cage, Two out of Three Falls, No DQ, etc. Those were the types that were projected for the Sports Entertainment/Showman's Division. In my opinion if we started doing C4 Type Matches, UV Matches, or certain gimmick matches like Distortion uses then we might as well just merge that belt with that divisions top belt.

I went with two out of three falls, one reason is it can do two things. It can either enhance the rivalry, or it can end the rivalry pending on what we want to do afterwards. And to be brutally honest, with the series being tied 1-1 it does make sense. I like that idea the best out of all of those. Honestly the one I hate the most is the Ladder Match, we just saw one at 9.4 and we have TLC at 10.1, plus you're taking a really big guy and telling him to climb a ladder? No way bro.

Steel Cage is once again something we've seen at 9.4, and it could be in the future maybe. Maybe a PPV type of event, but for some reason two out of three falls sticks in my mind.

Now we just need to find a writer talented enough to write three matches at once. I pick Romeo.
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jaro
Championship: FMW Ultraviolent Championship

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:59 pm

2 out of 3 falls. Ladder and Steel Cage have been done as recently as 9.4
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:16 pm

Seth I get wanting to keep the TV title as a remnant of Ignition, but it's not. The brand never really got too far off the ground, it wasn't here long enough to stick around. The TV title is a floater belt between the three shows and should reflect that. That means it should have UV style matches every once and awhile. Technical Matches. Gimmicky Matches. Those define (in a sense) the remaining brands that FMW has, the floater belt should represent that. My opinion.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:25 pm

I can see the argument Clarke, truth be told I really wanted a UV Match. But I've got to be honest, the Port of Miami match sounded pretty bad. The UV Match was a favorite for me, but everything else just seemed kind of mehtastic in the first poll. I like this a lot better, although if I had it my way it would be a two out of three falls No DQ Match.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:57 pm

Just a note on the point Seth made about a big guy climbing a ladder, Kane has been in most (all?) of the MITB matches at mania since it started, it works. Hell, Mark Henry was in MITB last year
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:58 pm

Mark Henry never got past the second rung either...
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:58 pm

I agree, they might be a little much for now. I also like 2/3 falls the best. And also voted for the UV match the first time.

I'm just thinking that once the prestige gets built up a little bit, the matches should be specific to whatever show the belts being defended on. Theres a variety of option to pursue on each brand.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:14 pm

stl311 wrote:
But I've got to be honest, the Port of Miami match sounded pretty bad.

Don't you dare knock the Hudson River match.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Jetstream

Jetstream

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The X-Stream" Jetstream
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:14 pm

DAMNIT I WANTED ALL MOPS!

Oh well fuck it, Steel Cage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation   10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10.2 TV Title Match Stipulation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2