Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread

Go down 
+31
X
Easty
The Dude
Abel Steele
Mark Johansson
Seth
Cactus Sam
Leviticastform
the nick bryson
iDeAndes
Valladon
Omega
Slegna
Ashburn
The Returned
Hannibal Frost
RCA
redneck
Skyler Striker
Damien
Tromboner Man
Bobino
Anwyl
Leon Caprice
Back Home
The Celt
MASS Caesar
Edible14
MPD
Nicholas Gray
Drew Michaels
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:23 pm

To be fair we never had anything set in stone, I just called dibs on Alex a few months ago and took the law of dibs to it's extreme.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:33 pm

You should enter the tag scramble...what's the worst that could happen?
Back to top Go down
Valladon

Valladon

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Dallas Roland
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:51 pm

How about a little "web redemption". Who wants one?
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:08 am

OOC:

@Slegna: I keep forgetting that the IC times between shows is a week. But hey,... hey.

@Dunn: I think it'd be a pretty cool match. I mean, I don't care how "new" you are this time around, but you deserve a shot at getting a shot at the world title. But keeping Slegna's post in mind, it'd have to be something less extreme than an electric chair match. I'd save that one for the actual match supposing you win.

And, IC wise, this is completely feasible. I mean, the SoA and GSW are bound to cross paths at some point. And Frost and Dunn do have a history. Could be Frost giving Dunn a chance to prove that he's really trying to save people instead of being just an uber wolf in sheep's clothing bad guy?

@Damien: You are awesome. And supposing Frost witnessed(IC in a promo maybe?) Damien fighting the forces of mega evil, therefore sort of connecting with him on an emotional no homo level, Frost would totally throw a chance his way.

In summation: From an IC stand point, totally feasible. Unless this were to happen and THEN I lose to Bryson. Don't know the plan if that were to happen.

But, I'm still looking into this tag scramble thingy. No stock. Not yet. Don't put.

EDIT::::::::

I'm out of the tag scramble. Now I'm just waiting for a few replies from certain folks before really going forward with the number one contender match.
Back to top Go down
Damien
FMW World Tag Team Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:19 am

Ooc: gettin pretty close ta crossover promo time?
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:33 am

Looks that way, fella'.
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:59 am

Ooc: pm, comin your way.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Rep : -13

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 3:09 pm

OOC: The IC times between shows is not a "week". You guys are retarded. That would mean that we've had only a year of history which also means that Tyrant's and Ethan Black's reigns were not year long reigns IC'ly..even though they've been IC'ly referenced. It also means that we've had two Ultimatum's in the course of a little over an IC year and it's technically IC'ly circa 2007-2008..which makes absolutely no sense.

The time correlates with OOC time. The shows are spread out as they are with "house shows" in between to maintain public interest. We had this discussion before when Bryson argued that promos don't happen.

If we maintained the IC timeline that you suggest, there will have been 67 weeks in which FMW has existed since October 2006. Which means a year and about four months have passed. Yeah...no.

Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:44 pm

OOC:

I feel this is something that could be argued alot.

But, I do err on the side of OOC time also being IC time. Just because, as you said De, it correlates with title reigns and it really gives me more options for my promos when I know Frost will have some time to heal up and/or travel to vanquish thy planet's EVVVYYIIILLL.

And I'd also like to think that promos actually happen. I mean, the whole point behind wrestling is to make people believe that it's real. And since e-fedding is kind of like a real competition, it kinda' is real.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Well, during shows, there's always a bunch of "next week"s and "last week on ..."s. But yeah, we can argue this point forever and ever, and shit will never get solved. Either way, still doesn't make sense for Hanny to wrestle in an Electric Chair match one show period before his big title defense of the top belt in FMW at the flagship PPV. As for a #1 Contendership shot, that's up to you and the HWs, but I'd advise against it.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:44 pm

iDeAndes wrote:
OOC: The IC times between shows is not a "week". You guys are retarded. That would mean that we've had only a year of history which also means that Tyrant's and Ethan Black's reigns were not year long reigns IC'ly..even though they've been IC'ly referenced. It also means that we've had two Ultimatum's in the course of a little over an IC year and it's technically IC'ly circa 2007-2008..which makes absolutely no sense.

The time correlates with OOC time. The shows are spread out as they are with "house shows" in between to maintain public interest. We had this discussion before when Bryson argued that promos don't happen.

If we maintained the IC timeline that you suggest, there will have been 67 weeks in which FMW has existed since October 2006. Which means a year and about four months have passed. Yeah...no.

Promos dont happen. We dont watch promos.

If promos happened people like hannibal frost and damien inferno, who can shoot lightning out of their butts and make magic fire and stuff in their promos, would never ever lose a match.

Promos aren't visible to the public.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:54 pm

the nick bryson wrote:
iDeAndes wrote:

Promos dont happen. We dont watch promos.

If promos happened people like hannibal frost and damien inferno, who can shoot lightning out of their butts and make magic fire and stuff in their promos, would never ever lose a match.

Promos aren't visible to the public.

My feelings on Nick Bryson's arguments:

Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Butters
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:01 pm

TBH,

Stubborn as a Mule, where the Mule insists Kevin bacon was not in Footloose, is much funnier.

Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:17 pm

Both apply quite well, frankly.
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Ooc: Saying frost or I would never lose because of the magic is like saying the same of the undertaker. It is a gimmick.
In character, I see it as relevent. It happens.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Rep : 19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Here we go again...
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:23 pm

Damien wrote:
Ooc: Saying frost or I would never lose because of the magic is like saying the same of the undertaker. It is a gimmick.

OOC: Just rememeber that when someone promos you having man-on-man-on-man intercourse in their promo and saying you enjoyed it.

It Happens.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Damien wrote:

Yes and if In Character you can teleport into hell and shoot lightning and fire you're going to do it in a ring, since promos are real and we're all in this to win it. But you dont.

Unless you're saying that, In Character, FMW has 1 set of checkbooks to pay talent and make shows and then another different division with multimillions of dollars dedicated to filming everyones promos with awesome special effects for no reason.

We dont see the promos people write as characters otherwise nothing anyone said or did would be suprising and most of our characters would be completely ineffective. Like, for example, my Thomas Luther/N'itomniskittel character was the AntiChrist, where he was duping the world as a caring politician, so he was a bad guy but should be cheered. What youre telling me is that people would automatically see the ruse anyway, thusly rendering the character pointless.
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:04 pm

OOC: Also, I actually went to Imagination Land.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:05 pm

As cute as it is to see De and Bryson arguing I'd just like to bring up the point that De still has a match that needs to be finished so we can move on with the show whose thread we're spamming.

kthx.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:21 pm

the nick bryson wrote:
Damien wrote:

Yes and if In Character you can teleport into hell and shoot lightning and fire you're going to do it in a ring, since promos are real and we're all in this to win it. But you dont.

Unless you're saying that, In Character, FMW has 1 set of checkbooks to pay talent and make shows and then another different division with multimillions of dollars dedicated to filming everyones promos with awesome special effects for no reason.

We dont see the promos people write as characters otherwise nothing anyone said or did would be suprising and most of our characters would be completely ineffective. Like, for example, my Thomas Luther/N'itomniskittel character was the AntiChrist, where he was duping the world as a caring politician, so he was a bad guy but should be cheered. What youre telling me is that people would automatically see the ruse anyway, thusly rendering the character pointless.

OOC: cYnical does this in ring. As did Krimson Mask. cYnical loses all the time.

I've always referenced that the promo is filmed and funded by the talent. And their status on the card reflects how expensive the budget is for the promo. Obviously, not everyone has to follow this model and that wasn't the point of my post. The point of the post was the IC timeline issue. It creates more inconsistencies than the promo debate.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:33 pm

DeAndes wrote:

OOC: cYnical does this in ring. As did Krimson Mask. cYnical loses all the time.

I've always referenced that the promo is filmed and funded by the talent. And their status on the card reflects how expensive the budget is for the promo. Obviously, not everyone has to follow this model and that wasn't the point of my post. The point of the post was the IC timeline issue. It creates more inconsistencies than the promo debate.

Yeah, I tend to not think about a "timeline" it is when it is. I mean, realistically, one week we could air Amm and another we could air Corr and that would be the time inbetween shows, etc, etc, but its fuzzy and I dont look at it that way.

EDIT: Also, if youre refering to the Death Cube, Cynical said that in the match the 'real' cynical hid under the ring and they used a 'fake cynical' to be giant cynical. Thats what he told me anyway when I asked how they expected to achieve him putting on a mask and growing a foot and gaining 200 lbs.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:39 am

OOC: So it can be explained as part of a show riding the line of kayfabe. Which is fine by me if that's how one wants to define how FMW 'works' in an IC world.
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Apostasy

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:53 am

MONTHLY EXPENDITURE REPORT FOR FULL METAL WRESTLING, LLC

(Numbers rounded to the nearest increment of $50 Million

Talent Salaries..... $100M
Wresting Production....$50M
Promo Production.....$700M
Talent Life Insurance....$50M
Liability Insurance....$200M
Monthly Payment to grieving family of the Old War Machine... $50M
Medical Bills for Roster - Drew Michaels... $150M
Medical Bills for Drew Michaels... $200M
Stadium Rental: $100M
Advertising, Web Hosting, Graphic Design: $50M
Non-Wrestler Salaries: $50M

TOTAL (not reflective of rounded amounts): $2.1 Billion Dollars
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:14 am

That post is full of so much win, Matt. You rule.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:23 am

Edible14 wrote:
MONTHLY EXPENDITURE REPORT FOR FULL METAL WRESTLING, LLC

(Numbers rounded to the nearest increment of $50 Million

Talent Salaries..... $100M
Wresting Production....$50M
Promo Production.....$700M
Talent Life Insurance....$50M
Liability Insurance....$100M
Monthly Payment to grieving family of the Old War Machine... $50M
Medical Bills for Roster - Drew Michaels... $150M
Medical Bills for Drew Michaels... $200M
Stadium Rental: $100M
Advertising, Web Hosting, Graphic Design: $50M
Non-Wrestler Salaries: $50M

TOTAL (not reflective of rounded amounts): $2.1 Billion Dollars

You forgot the hookers and blow for the staff.
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Apostasy

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:50 am

Omega wrote:

Well, since FMW's books are open to the public, we have to "disguise" that part of the budget. I believe that falls under the "promo production" budget. And all of the hookers and blow are "actors" and "props" for short skits that "we decided not to air".
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:11 am

Edible14 wrote:
Omega wrote:

Well, since FMW's books are open to the public, we have to "disguise" that part of the budget. I believe that falls under the "promo production" budget. And all of the hookers and blow are "actors" and "props" for short skits that "we decided not to air".

Thats a lot of whores and drugs.

[cm punk]I'm straight edge, and that means I'm better than you.[/cm punk]
Back to top Go down
Leviticastform
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Leviticastform

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leviticus
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Completely off the current subject but does Celt still need a match?
Back to top Go down
Cactus Sam

Cactus Sam

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Fuck it, in the tag scramble. Provided more people show up of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread   FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW No Holds Barred Challenge Thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next