Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW OOC Thread

Go down 
+50
robbclarke
Back Home
Jaro Classic
Bobino
War Machine
The Returned
Cactus Sam
Harles
Valladon
Ashburn
Sharpedo King
X
Storm183
Drew Michaels
Anwyl
iDeAndes
Damien
Vincent Van Rose
Lucian
Drake Parker
Kiyoshi Ryu
MASS Caesar
Hannibal Frost
Tromboner Man
Dano
the nick bryson
Omega
David GS
Vendetta
MPD
John Andrews
Freakie
The Dude
TyranT
Edible14
Alex O'Rion
David Ravish
Leon Caprice
John Derrick
Slegna
Jeff
Leviticastform
Abel Steele
Rottata
Nicholas Gray
Easy
PX
RCA
The Celt
Easty
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:08 pm

In retrospect I wish we'd kept the TV TT. Looking back they're so many people who could have done with them. Hell even today they'd be great. Levi and Whitt with the TV TT would be good stuff.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:16 pm

iDeAndes wrote:
Styxx and Adema were no where to be found around Ultimatum when the decision was finalized to unite the belts. I would know. I was the one charged with wrangling up people. Travis McCart was inconsistent and ended up leaving. You might have planned with all of these people but you also neglected to figure in that everyone whom you were planning with were people with histories of no-showing.

That includes WLK and Sleg..the people you pegged to be champions. But in lieu of that, it ended up benefiting Sleg as I'm quite sure he's been fairly consistent since then.

Again. I'm not detracting from the idea of the TVTT but rather defending the option of merging the World Tag Team Titles with them. They didn't serve a purpose after a majority of those teams splintered - a fact you cannot deny. And my point still stands that by the time they were merged, there were only four or five teams to sustain a healthy division. Another point you cannot deny.

De, stop talking to me like I'm a moron that doesnt know anything about the federation. Yes, I didnt say that Styxx and Adema had stuck around forever after then, but they were there. The example isn't that all of those teams were epic teams, the example is to show that they were there, the belts were viable, and the fact is that they could have benefited from taking an angle on like that.

Everyone has a history of noshowing, not excluding yourself mind you, and thats always a possiblity. If thats what we're worried about we might as well never book another card.

WLK and Sleg defended the belts and it made both competitors more active. WLK was really active around the time of the TVTagTitles and Creative Control.

Yes, and I'm saying that idea was stupid. Think of the other teams that could have benefited from it. Burning Insanity, Danse Macabre, Comeback Kids. Hell, the TV tag titles could add some credibility to a group like GSW so even now they'd serve a purpose. It got new people and lower card people interested and encouraged the creation of tag teams.

Instead we get such amazing matches like Robb vs Dunn for the tag titles. 1v1 so good. We have continual main event super teams that hold the belts now and the focus is unfortunately no longer on making the belts viable. They're rarely defended and its a shame.

There hasn't been a 'healthy' FMW Tag Team scene for a while, and in all reality and honesty the TV Tag Titles helped, if only briefly, to revive it.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Rep : -13

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:17 pm

They can still challenge Alex O'Rion and Chris Austin for the tag belts..we have..now.

Really, you're mad because I said in so many words it was a shittily executed idea. And I never said that I didn't no show. But if you talked to me about building an entire division around me when I had a history of no shows, a pragmatic person would've thought it was fucking asinine.

Stop getting so booty tickled. It isn't that serious and there's nothing you can do to change what happened. You're making it sound as if none of these people have any legitimate shot of ever beating RCA or Alex and pegging them to be some nigh unattainable gods.

I seem to remember someone named T. Ekstreme who holds the record for most losses in a row now being a former FMW Champion and a Mt. V winner. If anything, your coddling did them a disservice.

If you can't fucking compete, don't participate.

Last edited by iDeAndes on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David GS
FMW Anarchy Ultraviolent Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: David GS
Championship: FMW Television Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:18 pm

iDeAndes wrote:
David GS wrote:
The Celt wrote:
Pretty good. Two mistakes: The tag champs are officially the FMW Unified Tag Team Champions I believe, and you used the wrong rep for DGS. His base is Puddle of Mudd's Wes Scantlin. Also whatever you used for the background is a bit odd, it looks like two boulders or something and a gap above them.

True, but Scantlin's a skinny-ass fucker; so I'm perfectly fine with a base that has a bit more muscle on him for stuff like this.

I picked Curt Hawkins 'cause he looked enough like Edge but..wasn't Edge.

And I fully approve Smile
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:27 pm

To be honest It's going to take a pretty solid team to take out RCA and AO as tag team champions right now, especially considering how much RCA is on fire at the moment. Actually, do we even have any proper tag teams at the moment besides the Wayward Sons? That's rather worrying actually.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:30 pm

iDeAndes wrote:
They can still challenge Alex O'Rion and Chris Austin for the tag belts..we have..now.

Really, you're mad because I said in so many words it was a shittily executed idea. And I never said that I didn't no show. But if you talked to me about building an entire division around me when I had a history of no shows, a pragmatic person would've thought it was fucking asinine.

Stop getting so booty tickled. It isn't that serious and there's nothing you can do to change what happened. You're making it sound as if none of these people have any legitimate shot of ever beating RCA or Alex and pegging them to be some nigh unattainable gods.

I seem to remember someone named T. Ekstreme who holds the record for most losses in a row now being a former FMW Champion and a Mt. V winner. If anything, your coddling did them a disservice.

If you can't fucking compete, don't participate.

The idea wasn't shittily executed and thats the whole point of this debate. There are people here who are literally saying that they'd like to see the belts around right now. The FMW Tag Titles are RARELY used if at all. Right now we have belts held by one guy who hates his team and another who apparently doesnt care either way.

You're telling me that someone can just sign up and go up against alex and austin and just win. Its not going to happen. There arent any established teams around here any more because theres no reason or reward to be an established team. Theres no incentive. Don't be so naieve as to insinuate Im saying austin and o'rion are "gods and unbeatable" but a new rookie team isn't going to go into a match with them and be the favorites.

The TV tag titles served a purpose and served it well. I have no idea what "shitty execution" you're refering to, since the belts were getting people noticed. You've already established merging the belts was something that was your idea or whatever, perhaps thats the shitty execution you're refering to? I dont know.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:36 pm

GSW? With two accomplished tag team champions in said stable? And one former Hardcore Champion also in said stable?

What's stopping you and PX teaming again? Or your Sons of Attrition stable?

What's to say I don't ask DGS to team? And just because something is "tough" doesn't mean its impossible. Celt..you of all people should know this. You are a living example of this principle. And people like Drew Michaels and Nick Bryson were shitty jobbers at one time or another.

And that's exactly what you're implying, Nick. Don't give me that bullshit. It was shittily executed on your part because you put faith in people that were unreliable. End of debate. It's a fact. Just get over it and move on with your day or accept constructive criticism once in the time that I've known you.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:43 pm

The Television Tag Titles were a brilliant idea that just didn't work out the way they were intended. Overall not many more tag teams came around, and in the end it just seemed like the time to merge them.

However, I will say this the FMW Tag Team Division would be a whole hell of a lot better had the rules of the TV Tags been kept into play.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:13 pm

iDeAndes wrote:

What's stopping you and PX teaming again?

The fact that I'm a face and he's a heel, and the entire basis of his heel turn was turning on me. And that we've yet to have that one big-time clash over that turn.

iDeAndes wrote:
Or your Sons of Attrition stable?

What's to say I don't ask DGS to team?

I suppose me and DGS could do that, but considering both are already champions on FMW we already have responsibilities to defend our current championships rather than chasing new ones.

iDeAndes wrote:
And just because something is "tough" doesn't mean its impossible. Celt..you of all people should know this. You are a living example of this principle. And people like Drew Michaels and Nick Bryson were shitty jobbers at one time or another.

When I said it'd be tough to knock RCA and Austin I wasn't referring specifically to myself, but more to everyone in general, especially rookies.

iDeAndes wrote:
And that's exactly what you're implying, Nick. Don't give me that bullshit. It was shittily executed on your part because you put faith in people that were unreliable. End of debate. It's a fact. Just get over it and move on with your day or accept constructive criticism once in the time that I've known you.

You've really got to stop saying "End of discussion" and likewise phrases, they're the equivalent of "NO U" or "U MAD?" in debate terms.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:20 pm

You know what, I think that's a main problem with the tag belts. Lately, people that have held them also held singles championships and personally I think that needs to end.

I know, I am one of these people but when I first started out this tag team thing with Alex, I said to myself that no matter what the tag belts would come first. Then I won the C-4 belt, Life started raping the shit out of Alex O and lo and behold they are now just an accessory to be honest and the excitement of the team aspect has faded immensely.

I think a rule should be implement from this point forward, that no current champions may pursue the Tag Belts. I think if this happens, then those who hold the tag belts will be able to give them the proper justice because these days making TWO defenses with the tag belts qualifies you as all time great not named SoCal or The Cancer (even if I think they made only two themselves). Besides, with GSW, AVO/Trey, the Pack, SoA and so on there is clearly a budding tag division just waiting to be booked.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:31 pm

The Celt wrote:
iDeAndes wrote:

What's stopping you and PX teaming again?

The fact that I'm a face and he's a heel, and the entire basis of his heel turn was turning on me. And that we've yet to have that one big-time clash over that turn.

iDeAndes wrote:
Or your Sons of Attrition stable?

What's to say I don't ask DGS to team?

I suppose me and DGS could do that, but considering both are already champions on FMW we already have responsibilities to defend our current championships rather than chasing new ones.

iDeAndes wrote:
And just because something is "tough" doesn't mean its impossible. Celt..you of all people should know this. You are a living example of this principle. And people like Drew Michaels and Nick Bryson were shitty jobbers at one time or another.

When I said it'd be tough to knock RCA and Austin I wasn't referring specifically to myself, but more to everyone in general, especially rookies.

iDeAndes wrote:

You've really got to stop saying "End of discussion" and likewise phrases, they're the equivalent of "NO U" or "U MAD?" in debate terms.

And you need to stop making shitty points that can easily be refuted. I say end of discussion because you're either too hard headed to admit you were wrong or I'm tired of repeating myself. I was using you as an example of someone who sucked cock to becoming someone who sucks considerable less cock now. Not specifically directed towards you.

Furthermore. PX turned about a year ago now, right? You're brothers. That's all the reason in the world to justify taging together. Blood's thicker than water. Yadda yadda yadda. I can't tell you how many times I've had bloody brawls with my brother to the point of incapacitating him with a solid blow to the temple and the next day, we were laughing about it. It isn't that far of a stretch nor is it horrible booking to have brothers reconcile. The catalyst for you reuniting could be that confrontation, causing an epic return of the Fighting Irish. Bam. I've just booked you for the next two cycles. See how easy that was? See how heart warming the story can be? Of course you don't. Because you're too busy trying to be stubborn and "right" all the time.

I said ME and DGS. Not you and DGS. It isn't always about you, homo.

Finally, if you don't want to be the best at everything..then you're missing the point.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:47 pm

RCA wrote:
I think a rule should be implement from this point forward, that no current champions may pursue the Tag Belts. I think if this happens, then those who hold the tag belts will be able to give them the proper justice because these days making TWO defenses with the tag belts qualifies you as all time great not named SoCal or The Cancer (even if I think they made only two themselves). Besides, with GSW, AVO/Trey, the Pack, SoA and so on there is clearly a budding tag division just waiting to be booked.

Not only that, but add the damn rule about the titles needing to be defended every show. That's the best way to boost the tag division is having frequent matchups often to show that there is some faith in said tag team division.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:49 pm

I think that takes away from the TV title stipulation, as the "defend it every show" deal makes it unique. However, having at least 1-2 defenses per cycle for the tag belts (and the rest of the belts, I wouldn't be opposed to that) would be fine.

Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:49 pm

Or at least every other show to give the Tag Teams options to compete in singles matches and to keep tag match ups relatively fresh.

EDIT: Beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:57 pm

RCA wrote:
I think that takes away from the TV title stipulation, as the "defend it every show" deal makes it unique. However, having at least 1-2 defenses per cycle for the tag belts (and the rest of the belts, I wouldn't be opposed to that) would be fine.

Yes but you know as well as I do that the Television Title isn't always defended every show.

I don't see an issue with it, it'd allow the champs to alternate shows and give teams on each brand a shot.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:06 pm

Well I thought that TV title thing not being defended on every show was more because of PX having other stuff to attend to where he could not be booked.

I seem to recall Syanide and Mercutio (Robb/Andrew O'Rion) doing pretty well at it and I am sure DGS would likely welcome the challenge.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Can someone explain to me this..FMR?
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:34 pm

FMR?

Is it not an initial or something?
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Check your PMs.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:48 pm

iDeAndes wrote:
Can someone explain to me this..FMR?

It's something Jaro is doing with a few people. It's a secret for now.

Also, you calling me hard-headed is the height of Irony . Twisted Evil

Last edited by The Celt on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:50 pm

If this needless debate goes on any longer, I will serve 24-hour bans to both De and Nick.

They're defunct titles. Either get the fuck over it or take it to AIM.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:08 pm

RCA wrote:
Well I thought that TV title thing not being defended on every show was more because of PX having other stuff to attend to where he could not be booked.

I seem to recall Syanide and Mercutio (Robb/Andrew O'Rion) doing pretty well at it and I am sure DGS would likely welcome the challenge.

Yup, pretty much. though it not being on the line against Derrick was someone elses call, I assume because i wasnt expected to win, but not mine. There was like 2 shows I just couldnt do at all during my run, but other than that I always defended it when booked
Back to top Go down
Dano

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Mick O'Connell
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Will somebody please think of the kayfabe....
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:24 pm

If only we did, Dano.

If only we did...
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:36 pm

If we really thought of the kayfabe the television title wouldn't be booked on PPV, just TV, and that's how the champ would find his rest-bite.
Back to top Go down
David GS

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: David GS
Championship: FMW Television Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:36 pm

RCA wrote:

Quoted for truth.
Back to top Go down
Dano

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Mick O'Connell
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:39 pm

David GS wrote:
RCA wrote:

Quoted for truth.

Now it looks super true...
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:42 pm

OH GAWD NO, NOT BOLD RED TEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now he hear voices in his head, they talk to him, they understand (and they force him to kill people) Mad
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:33 am

iDeAndes wrote:
GSW? With two accomplished tag team champions in said stable? And one former Hardcore Champion also in said stable?

What's stopping you and PX teaming again? Or your Sons of Attrition stable?

What's to say I don't ask DGS to team? And just because something is "tough" doesn't mean its impossible. Celt..you of all people should know this. You are a living example of this principle. And people like Drew Michaels and Nick Bryson were shitty jobbers at one time or another.

Ro smells like cream cheese.

Last edited by the nick bryson on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 am

All right, that's it.

Nick, we talked about this. I'm giving you a 24-hour ban. De, if you as much reply to that, I'm banning you too.

This is a petty little issue about titles that are defunct, that turned into Bryson trying to save face. The fact is none of us should be caring about this because THE TV TAG TITLES ARE DEFUNCT AND EVERYTHING SHOULD BE MOOT AND ACADEMIC.

If you're going to have a little "discussion," make sure it's something that is of current substantial relevance to the fed. It does not do well for our image to have two of our esteemed veterans whining like little bitches over something like this.

EDIT: Unbanned because they have kissed and made up, but let not the lesson go unlearned.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW OOC Thread
Page 11 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next