Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW OOC Thread

Go down 
+50
robbclarke
Back Home
Jaro Classic
Bobino
War Machine
The Returned
Cactus Sam
Harles
Valladon
Ashburn
Sharpedo King
X
Storm183
Drew Michaels
Anwyl
iDeAndes
Damien
Vincent Van Rose
Lucian
Drake Parker
Kiyoshi Ryu
MASS Caesar
Hannibal Frost
Tromboner Man
Dano
the nick bryson
Omega
David GS
Vendetta
MPD
John Andrews
Freakie
The Dude
TyranT
Edible14
Alex O'Rion
David Ravish
Leon Caprice
John Derrick
Slegna
Jeff
Leviticastform
Abel Steele
Rottata
Nicholas Gray
Easy
PX
RCA
The Celt
Easty
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
iDeAndes

Rep : -13

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:38 pm

..Celt. You're a fucking dipshit.

And I say that with love. Considering I a) made the titles, b) named them, and c) don't have a cut/won't cut that, it is whatever it is.

It's a paper fold, you fucking putz.

And I can remove the haze.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:41 pm

No need, it's something that's easy to get over.

Personally I prefer a landscape-oriented graphic, but I won't force that. I love it.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:42 pm

It's an easy fix, really. The only reason I did that is because there was an unsightly bordering. It honestly looks a lot better without the haze and a drop shadow instead.

I fixed the bordering by the way. Looks pristine and seamless now.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Also, Celt, the tag champs are not unified because there were never more than one set of tag belts to unify. You're thinking of either the WWE or LPW.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:51 pm

The Silver pistols and their Television Tag Team titles say hi.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:07 pm

TV TT =/= World Tag Team or FMW Tag Team Titles. The World Tag Team and FMW Tag Team were one and the same.

We never called them the Undisputed whatever whatever..because it's a) dumb and b) too long winded.

FMW Tag Team is much more concise and it represents all of FMW. Simple. Plain.

Read the title renders themselves. They say "FULL METAL WRESTLING TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS". There's no Undisputed in there at all.

Whatever genius put that in your head lied to you.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Whatever about the title being too long winded, I was just pointing out in my last post that the our tag team titles are, in fact, Unified. HavOc (O'Rion & Jack Eastwood) defeated The Silver Pistols (Michael James and Robert Pearson) to unify the two sets of titles into one set at U2.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Celt.

Full Metal Wrestling Unified Tag Team Champions is a fucking mouthful. Don't give me that bullshit. The. Titles. Read. Full. Metal. Wrestling. Tag. Team. Championships.

End of discussion.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Fuck... okay, I concede defeat on that one.

Also, we eventually stopped calling them Unified or Undisputed a long time ago anyway. De is right.
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The Future" Anwyl
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:40 pm

if anyone wants to throw some feedback my way... please do so.

Also, I probalily won't be on AIM for a while, I had it on my iPhone but that was stolen recently. So if you have to talk to me about anything the best way to go about it is either PM-ing me or sending me a facebook message.

I am pretty sure my facebook url is www.facebook.com/jacob.anwyl

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jacob.anwyl
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:29 am

FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 Hay
FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 Mtv
Thar we go.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:54 am

iDeAndes wrote:
TV TT =/= World Tag Team or FMW Tag Team Titles. The World Tag Team and FMW Tag Team were one and the same.

Well, kind of. We had the Full Metal World Tag Team Champions (the name of the belts since their inception), and the Full Metal Television Tag Team Titles. When they were unified, they became the Full Metal Tag Team Titles.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:08 am

FINALLY.

Now I may relive my epic 2010! Thanks to whoever made this possible (I assume De, and Celt for indirectly challenging De with his awesome graphics)!

Cool
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:13 am

Which is my point (sort of). Not to sell you and WLK short but..you didn't win the titles. Nick made them for you.

They weren't on equal footing to the original tag belts nor did they really serve a purpose considering there weren't enough tag teams to sustain two sets of tag belts.

And it was actually Ro and Sleg that prompted me to do it. I needed to give them something tangibly alright and something that didn't need all that much changing. Also the long titles wouldn't have fit nicely in the FMW Wiki's man page banner thing.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:53 am

Ro. You're going to hate me.

I decided I hated the original Wiki logo..so I made a new one.

FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 Wikilogo

S'already uploaded to the Wiki when you want to change it.
Back to top Go down
David GS
FMW Anarchy Ultraviolent Champion
FMW Anarchy Ultraviolent Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: David GS
Championship: FMW Television Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:58 pm

The Celt wrote:
Pretty good. Two mistakes: The tag champs are officially the FMW Unified Tag Team Champions I believe, and you used the wrong rep for DGS. His base is Puddle of Mudd's Wes Scantlin. Also whatever you used for the background is a bit odd, it looks like two boulders or something and a gap above them.

True, but Scantlin's a skinny-ass fucker; so I'm perfectly fine with a base that has a bit more muscle on him for stuff like this.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:21 pm

Changed the logo.

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but the bottom part is abruptly cut, as if it didn't fit the canvas.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:06 pm

David GS wrote:
The Celt wrote:
Pretty good. Two mistakes: The tag champs are officially the FMW Unified Tag Team Champions I believe, and you used the wrong rep for DGS. His base is Puddle of Mudd's Wes Scantlin. Also whatever you used for the background is a bit odd, it looks like two boulders or something and a gap above them.

True, but Scantlin's a skinny-ass fucker; so I'm perfectly fine with a base that has a bit more muscle on him for stuff like this.

I picked Curt Hawkins 'cause he looked enough like Edge but..wasn't Edge.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:30 pm

iDeAndes wrote:
Which is my point (sort of). Not to sell you and WLK short but..you didn't win the titles. Nick made them for you.

They weren't on equal footing to the original tag belts nor did they really serve a purpose considering there weren't enough tag teams to sustain two sets of tag belts.

Me = Offended.

K, well not really. Of course they weren't on the same footing, but that doesn't change the fact that two two titles WERE unified, the histories WERE merged, and the name WAS changed, albeit the "World" just being dropped from the main tag belts.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Slegna wrote:
iDeAndes wrote:

Me = Offended.

K, well not really. Of course they weren't on the same footing, but that doesn't change the fact that two two titles WERE unified, the histories WERE merged, and the name WAS changed, albeit the "World" just being dropped from the main tag belts.

Actually at the time there were enough teams, and the TV Tag Titles were designed with the intent of targeting newer tag teams and creating new teams.

They werent supposed to be "equal" and they'd honestly still be around if Kamal and his Brother didn't put them up needlessly at a show versus HavOc.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:38 pm

..There were four teams at the time of the creation of the TVTT, Nick.

They weren't "needlessly" put up against the WTT. Four teams do not warrant the need for two sets of belts.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:45 pm

iDeAndes wrote:
..There were four teams at the time of the creation of the TVTT, Nick.

They weren't "needlessly" put up against the WTT. Four teams do not warrant the need for two sets of belts.

There was more than 4 teams. Maybe you only remember 4 "official teams with names" but there were more than 4 teams.

And they were nedlessly put up against HavOc because they're the ones that put the belts up when they didnt have to.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:06 pm

Double post, sue me:

At the time of the TV tag titles there were more than 4 teams. They were created on supremacy and given to Creative Control. Here are some of the teams that existed around then and during the TV Tag titles run:

Red dragon and Phantom Lord
Adema Aeres and Styxx
Trey and Jesse McMasters
BUG and Marky Mark
Romeo and McCart (Silver pistols)
BUG and Butters (BUGGERS)
Michael James and Robert Pearson (Silver Pistols2)
Tommy Strife and SOS
Celt and PX (Fighting Irish)
Zakk Wylde and Seth Omega

Plus other NEW Grads AND not counting "main event teams" Like the O'Rions (Alex and Adrian) SPARTA, Other HavOc teams, etc.

Here are teams that have fought for those titles

Creative Control
Romeo and McCart
James and Pearson
Marky Mark and Leon Caprice
Robb and Harlequin
Strife and SOS
BUG and Butters

Since its inception the TV tag titles were defended and contested for more often than the "Real" Tag Titles so I dont know what youre talking about.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:13 pm

Meeeep

Last edited by iDeAndes on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:27 pm

iDeAndes wrote:
There were six official teams (including HavOc) when the belts were merged. Given the transition to the Divisions, it made more sense to have a crossfed Tag Team title, Nick. This much was agreed upon by Jarp, myself, the Pistols themselves, HavOc, and the head writers at the time.

Danse Macabre, BUGGERS, The Fighting Irish, Creative Control, and the Silver Pistols. After their title loss, the Pistols disbanded and Team BUGGERS was separated, leaving four teams to sustain a healthy division with fresh match-ups.

So. You're wrong.

'Scuse me. I left out the II. Who were heel/face at the time and served no overall purpose other than we're all friends, we're going to ruin storytelling cause we're cool, innovative, and edgy and..oh yes..we hate HavOc and their voting bloc.

Lol, ok you just confirmed what I said.

I said "You may think theres only 4 "official named teams" and you said "there were only 6 named teams"

Already I've proven that there were more than 4, even moe than the 6 you poasted.

The tag division WASNT healthy, as you could see by how many times it was defended since the TV Tag Belts were put into place, I'm pretty sure it was once. Maybe twice.

I know the Silver Pistols were in on it, I never said they werent. I said that it was POINTLESS for them to put their tag belts up in a match where they didnt need to have their belts on the line. The TV tag titles gave lower and newer teams something to do, plus highlighted a fairly full undercard, while avoiding them getting crushed and disheartened against the consistent main event tag teams, and even more recently main event superteams they have no traction or grounds to defeat.

To argue that the TV Tag titles didnt have a purpose or were pointless is like saying the C4 and UV belts are useless. They're not. The UV and C4 often serve as a platform for those champions to go towards the main event and the FMC. The TV Tag Titles were designed to give teams a a platform to go forward and build traction as a team.

So, no. I'm not wrong.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:32 pm

the nick bryson wrote:
iDeAndes wrote:
There were six official teams (including HavOc) when the belts were merged. Given the transition to the Divisions, it made more sense to have a crossfed Tag Team title, Nick. This much was agreed upon by Jarp, myself, the Pistols themselves, HavOc, and the head writers at the time.

Danse Macabre, BUGGERS, The Fighting Irish, Creative Control, and the Silver Pistols. After their title loss, the Pistols disbanded and Team BUGGERS was separated, leaving four teams to sustain a healthy division with fresh match-ups.

So. You're wrong.

'Scuse me. I left out the II. Who were heel/face at the time and served no overall purpose other than we're all friends, we're going to ruin storytelling cause we're cool, innovative, and edgy and..oh yes..we hate HavOc and their voting bloc.

Lol, ok you just confirmed what I said.

I said "You may think theres only 4 "official named teams" and you said "there were only 6 named teams"

Already I've proven that there were more than 4, even moe than the 6 you poasted.

The tag division WASNT healthy, as you could see by how many times it was defended since the TV Tag Belts were put into place, I'm pretty sure it was once. Maybe twice.

I know the Silver Pistols were in on it, I never said they werent. I said that it was POINTLESS for them to put their tag belts up in a match where they didnt need to have their belts on the line. The TV tag titles gave lower and newer teams something to do, plus highlighted a fairly full undercard, while avoiding them getting crushed and disheartened against the consistent main event tag teams, and even more recently main event superteams they have no traction or grounds to defeat.

To argue that the TV Tag titles didnt have a purpose or were pointless is like saying the C4 and UV belts are useless. They're not. The UV and C4 often serve as a platform for those champions to go towards the main event and the FMC. The TV Tag Titles were designed to give teams a a platform to go forward and build traction as a team.

So, no. I'm not wrong.

I used useless in the wrong context. I meant to say there wasn't enough teams for its continued existence.

A good portion of those teams you put up there were a) thrown together to make challenges for the TVTT and b) had people who no-showed or left the fed entirely.

Adema Aries and Styxx lasted all of one show. Why? Both left.
Who the fuck are the McMasters? Did they even show up?
Sheepster..you're counting on SHEEPSTER to be consistent enough to show up on a regular basis.
Rome was busy in his feud with Chris Austin at the time..propagating him joining the II and making him unnecessarily heel in the process.
As far as I'm aware (and correct me if I'm wrong, Seth) but there was no definitive plan for Seth to continue teaming with Zack Wylde.

Out of your list, I can narrow it down to Creative Control, Strife and SOS, Fighting Irish, Silver Pistols, and Caprice/Marky Mark. Lo' and behold, that matches up fairly well with the list of people who actually fought for the belt during its run. Also take into account that from the time the TVTT were created, Strife and SOS took breaks and/or left and both Marky Mark and Caprice went solo-bolo, making the TVTT's division consisting of CC, Fighting Irish, Silver Pistols. That's WHY Robb and Syanide had to fight for those belts.

There was a valid reasoning behind the belts getting merged, my friend. Thus making this "no reason" shit nonsense. I'm not saying they were a bad idea but it detracted from an already ailing division, taking away possible matchups from the belts that had prestige and greater name value.

The Light Heavyweight Championship, however, was a truly useless belt. You would've been better served to make like..an FMW X Division-esque title instead of attaching a weight limit on an e-fed.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:42 pm

iDeAndes wrote:

I used useless in the wrong context. I meant to say there wasn't enough teams for its continued existence.

A good portion of those teams you put up there were a) thrown together to make challenges for the TVTT and b) had people who no-showed or left the fed entirely.

Adema Aries and Styxx lasted all of one show. Why? Both left.
Who the fuck are the McMasters? Did they even show up?
Sheepster..you're counting on SHEEPSTER to be consistent enough to show up on a regular basis.
Rome was busy in his feud with Chris Austin at the time..propagating him joining the II and making him unnecessarily heel in the process.
As far as I'm aware (and correct me if I'm wrong, Seth) but there was no definitive plan for Seth to continue teaming with Zack Wylde.

Out of your list, I can narrow it down to Creative Control, Strife and SOS, Fighting Irish, Silver Pistols, and Caprice/Marky Mark. Lo' and behold, that matches up fairly well with the list of people who actually fought for the belt during its run. Also take into account that from the time the TVTT were created, Strife and SOS took breaks and/or left and both Marky Mark and Caprice went solo-bolo, making the TVTT's division consisting of CC, Fighting Irish, Silver Pistols. That's WHY Robb and Syanide had to fight for those belts.

There was a valid reasoning behind the belts getting merged, my friend. Thus making this "no reason" shit nonsense.

Adema and Styxx were both being pushed and uniting as a team prior to then. They didnt both leave until sometime after Supremacy

Trey and Jesse were being pushed as a unit against the team of Phantom Lord and Red Dragon. Both of them were showing up. Phantom Lord especially was here during supremacy as well and the team was going to be a viable option to face.

It doesn't matter if they're in other feuds at the time, the fact is that Ro and McCart were able and obviously given a shot to fight for the belts. Its not like we stopped Romeo's entire feud just to put them in this match.

You talk about this list being makeshift, its not. I know they're not makeshift because I was BOOKING UG at the time and had talked to all these people about these team options and plans were to continue making them teams.

The TV tag titles got Creative Control a LOT of heat. The TV Tag Titles got Kamal and his Brother noticed as a decent team and a solid part of the SPs. It gave a lot of undercard people who were interested in teaming a shot. Even if they werent interested in being a team full time, it gave them some extra exposure that they normally wouldnt get.

The point being that it wasn't necessary to have the belts unified when obviously it was serving a purpose and was something cancelled nedlessly. Like I mentioned before, the TV Tag Titles were actually defended and fought over more frequently than the FMW Tag Titles. The Tag division was getting a good focus with those belts and I think overall has suffered because of their removal.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
FMW World Tag Team Champion
FMW World Tag Team Champion
Nicholas Gray

Rep : 19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:47 pm

This shit is fascinating.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Styxx and Adema were no where to be found around Ultimatum when the decision was finalized to unite the belts. I would know. I was the one charged with wrangling up people. Travis McCart was inconsistent and ended up leaving. You might have planned with all of these people but you also neglected to figure in that everyone whom you were planning with were people with histories of no-showing.

That includes WLK and Sleg..the people you pegged to be champions. But in lieu of that, it ended up benefiting Sleg as I'm quite sure he's been fairly consistent since then.

Again. I'm not detracting from the idea of the TVTT but rather defending the option of merging the World Tag Team Titles with them. They didn't serve a purpose after a majority of those teams splintered - a fact you cannot deny. And my point still stands that by the time they were merged, there were only four or five teams to sustain a healthy division. Another point you cannot deny.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:00 pm

No, I was not going to keep teaming with Valladon.

After that transpired and Robb started dicking with Valladon I ended up teaming with Trey before taking a hiatus and returning at Distortion 9.2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW OOC Thread
Page 10 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next