Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW OOC Thread

Go down 
+47
Killswitch
David GS
McDaygo
Easy
MASS Caesar
The Dude
Big B. Brown
Hannibal Frost
TyranT
Vincent Van Rose
Jetstream
Bobino
Jeff
TJ Tilli
Krimson Mask
Kaoru
Dano
Leon Caprice
Christian Moorebyss
MetalKaiser
Mark Johansson
Slegna
Black Marcubone
Hatchet
Easty
Damien
Drew Michaels
Abel Steele
Ripper
Nicholas Gray
Rogue
Tromboner Man
Lazyking
PX
Chamberlain
Alex O'Rion
The Returned
Gabriel Crow
RCA
Edible14
Jaro Classic
The Celt
Eric Scorpio
Omega
Skyler Striker
Rottata
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:28 pm

Honestly I don't what I want really. I'm just really confused.

I'm not offend or anything like that, I just would have much preferred Jaro didn't use so much of that video as the basis of his promo. I mean so many of the lines and the jokes are the exact same.

The whole thing is just a really weird situation.
Back to top Go down
Dano

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Mick O'Connell
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:25 pm

Off Topic nd bound to get lost in the shuffle but just wanted to thank Clarke and Steele for feedbacking me. Also wanted to give a shout out to Caprice, really made me work hard knowing that I was coming up against you, so whatever happens in the match it's been a pleasure.

On Topic: Saw the video before reading the promo, don't really want to get more involved than saying that. I hate when sides have to be picked, I'll be Swiss on this one....
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:27 pm

I don't their to be a big fight about it, I just want Jaro just to clear things up and say what his intentions were and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:42 pm

On the topic of Celt/Jaro, It does take some steam out of my excitement knowing that the jokes arent original.

But, i"m not getting more involved than that. I still voted for you Celty, cuz you kicked ass this round.

AND THE CORNER HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SOME FEEDBACK AND A NEW 101 THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ. I WORKED WEALLY WEALLY HAWD ON IT!!
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Eric Scorpio
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Promo almost done. Just need to do some edits and spends a shit load of time with coding and its all good Smile
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jaro
Championship: FMW Ultraviolent Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:57 pm

I'm not going to take the time to defend the promo. What's been said thus far is completely valid criticism and any direct quotations can be chalked up to sheer laziness on my part.

I'm not proud of how this has transpired at all, but I have no one to blame but myself for it.

And the fact that I literally have no excuse at all for it, I think that's as clear an indication as any that I should, and will, be retiring as a full-time wrestler from FMW.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:16 pm

We will miss you Jaro.

But what will happen to the Ultraviolent Title?
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:17 pm

I think The Celt has made his case for it.
Back to top Go down

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:10 am

Just so you guys know, I WILL promo before the deadline expires, I've been caught up in a lot of different stuff lately is all. Everything should be addressed in my promo; stay tuned! Smile
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:11 am

Hannibal Frost wrote:
On the topic of Celt/Jaro, It does take some steam out of my excitement knowing that the jokes arent original.

But, i"m not getting more involved than that. I still voted for you Celty, cuz you kicked ass this round.

^^^
THAT!
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:39 am

I'll admit it was pretty lazy and took some of the zap out of it, but there were still some fun jokes in the promo and I had fun with it.

Honestly I just don't experience any sort of thrill writing promos anymore. It's always been that way in Full Metal Wrestling. I much prefer being the "behind the scenes" guy and the craftsman of the storylines. I'd rather not be taking the spotlight away from people like Celt who are going full bore to earn it.

Again, I don't have an excuse. Just got lazy. I referenced the fact that I took from the video, but should have worked a lot harder to change some of the verbatim. I set a bad example and embarrassed myself and the fed. I apologize.

There's no controversy, despite some people trying to make one. I'll take full blame for this, Celt didn't do anything wrong expressing his concerns regardlesss of the timing. However, keep your "Jaro isn't original" comments to yourselves, because it only makes you look bad in the end. That's not valid.

I don't see myself wanting to compete anytime in the near future, but I'm not leaving by any stretch of the imagination. Gotta redeem myself somehow, eh?

Continue voting at 10.1 for whomever you see fit. If you enjoyed my promo enough in spite of stolen verbatim, then by all means do it. If you think Celt brought it hard enough, then vote for him. Whether I win or lose isn't going to change the fact that I'm stepping away from promoing. The fate of the Ultraviolent Championship should be irrelevant to the decision.

To those people who feel let down by this, I am sorry. I wasn't trying to set a bad example. I just did not have time to post a complete promo and should have just half-assed it instead of leaning on a video like that. I have two part-time jobs, I go to school full-time, I volunteer coach a varsity sports team, and I'm still rattled from my father's passing in December (didn't want to come out and make that public, but whatever).

These aren't my excuses for anything. Just an explanation for why I can't be relied on anymore as an active competition and especially as a champion.

Hopefully some of you gracious people will look past this blooper and not allow it to tarnish my reputation. I've given a lot of you many chances, maybe you can give me one this one time and I'll make it up to you all down the road.

There. I've said my piece. Don't let it bog down 10.1 and enjoy what should be a very exciting show.
Back to top Go down
TJ Tilli

TJ Tilli

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: TJ Tilli
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:15 am

First BUG, then me, then Jaro. Why's everyone going?
Back to top Go down
http://tilliwrestlingfederation.wikia.com/
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:27 am

Jaro, I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that it's okay. It happens. And since you've come out and apologized for it, there's no harm done.

This is just an efed, albeit the greatest one ever conceived. Real life takes priority and you still tried as a competitor. That's an accomplishment.

I don't think this one blooper will tarnish anything you've done, as without you, Full Metal Wrestling wouldn't exist.
Back to top Go down
Dano

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Mick O'Connell
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:50 am

In the first few cycles if FMW I really like how Jaro was a "Big Event" wrestler who ever time he stepped into the ring was a MASSIVE deal and something to really look forward to. That's my favorite Jaro, the Zuzu riding one and the one who made Syanide who he is today. Because without Jaro (and Robb) there would be no Nazi Syanide, only an angry Syanide.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:56 am

TJ Tilli wrote:

The difference is that nobody cares about you. I thought you were banned from a computer?

Anyway, I think Jaro could've handled it a LOT worse; he could've copy-pasted an existing piece of material, left it unedited, and quietly tried to pass it on as a legit promo (see: Seth Omega). Instead, he just used it as the foundation of his promo, which he piled on with original material (see: the stuff with FMW people) and didn't even try to hide the fact that he ripped it off somewhere (see: the CollegeHumor namedropping).

While it looks like I'm trying to defend plagiarism, I'm actually planning on scoring Jaro lower for that. As for the vote, I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet, but I've always held the belief that my vote is just a vote when I've got scoring powers.

Celt has got a right to complain, but I also agree that Jaro was in no way completely (that being the operative word) unoriginal with his promo.

Just my $0.02. Let's move on, but I have a feeling that if Celt loses, there'll be a shitstorm a-coming.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:18 am

On what Ro said, the main point is is that Celt put (as he usually does) a big effort into his promo. Jaro didn't exactly put the same effort in since he saw it on youtube a while back. The bottom line is that there will be overwhelming disspointment for Celt, should he lose this time out, but he's not going to make a big deal about it (see: Nick Bryson).

I don't think there's much more to be said on this, Jaro just got lazy because he's not the promoer he was, as he has stated in the past a few times.
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:18 am

No, the bottom line is that I've given Celt 3 opportunities to beat me now and how does he appreciate it? He makes me look like a dick.

Well played sir. That's how Jaro would have done it. You really do deserve the title.

And I'll never do anything nice for you faggots again.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:37 am

PX wrote:
On what Ro said, the main point is is that Celt put (as he usually does) a big effort into his promo. Jaro didn't exactly put the same effort in since he saw it on youtube a while back. The bottom line is that there will be overwhelming disspointment for Celt, should he lose this time out, but he's not going to make a big deal about it (see: Nick Bryson).

I don't think there's much more to be said on this, Jaro just got lazy because he's not the promoer he was, as he has stated in the past a few times.

James, just shut about this. None of that is why I did this. It's not about whether I win or lose, It was me feeling that things were unfair.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:40 am

Next time, on Full Metal Street...

Eastwood: I have cancer!

Dunn: I'm pregnant!

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNN
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:07 pm

For anyone who is interested in knowing, Celt and I have come to a resolution on the matter and squashed the situation. In fact, we were able to turn it into a positive for the fed. Imagine that!

Maybe it was all a work....

Continue as you were.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: ...
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:10 pm

That's our Jaro, angry and schemeing until the very end.

Hurray resolutions!
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:12 pm

SHUT THE FUCK UP JARO It was legit shoot but we managed to work things afterwards...asshole

But why then did we discuss everything before it all happened? ...oh wait, I see what we're-lololol
Back to top Go down
Easy

Easy

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Eddie Chamberlain
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:04 pm

I'm fuckin' lost man.

EDIT: All these different channels of feedback are great, I applaud and thank all of you guys who have taken the initiative for taking the time to help out those of us who need it.
Back to top Go down
http://SubmittoSuggestion.com
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Just wanted to knock this all out in one post:

Thanks to all of the feedback-ers who responded to my feedback requests!

I only wish I had decided to go with the 2nd half of that promo in the FIRST place, as some people may have just read it once in the inferior version. That would suck. And turn voters off.

Oh well Rolling Eyes
GO READ IT ANYWAY Razz
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Romeo wrote:
Anyway, I think Jaro could've handled it a LOT worse; he could've copy-pasted an existing piece of material, left it unedited, and quietly tried to pass it on as a legit promo (see: Seth Omega).

First off, I wrote the damn promo so it was my right to use it.

Second off, it was the week of Christmas asshole <3.
Back to top Go down

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:22 pm

Promo posted, sorry for the delay.

While it's short, it's full of symbols and second meanings; I'd advise you to read it twice if you don't fully understand at first. Smile If anything, hit me up on AIM! Smile
Back to top Go down
TJ Tilli

TJ Tilli

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Romeo wrote:
TJ Tilli wrote:

The difference is that nobody cares about you. I thought you were banned from a computer?

Shut up Ro. I know you hate me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:49 pm

TJ Tilli wrote:
Romeo wrote:
TJ Tilli wrote:

Romeo, he's probably posting from whatever elementary school he attends.

Must be parent-teacher night.
Back to top Go down
TJ Tilli

TJ Tilli

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:38 am

Sean wrote:
TJ Tilli wrote:
Romeo wrote:
TJ Tilli wrote:

Romeo, he's probably posting from whatever elementary school he attends.

Must be parent-teacher night.
What's elementary school? I'm on my iPod if you were wondering.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:05 am

TJ we had someone already use your pic base, now its being switched to Chris Benoit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW OOC Thread
Page 11 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next