Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League

Go down 
+11
Killswitch
Bobino
Jaro Classic
Shock
Omega
Leon Caprice
Tromboner Man
PX
Rottata
Nicholas Gray
Slegna
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League Empty
PostSubject: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:59 am

So, a few of us discussed this on AIM, and it seems like a go, so I'll post this and see where we're at. The best part of this is that it's online. So all you'll need is Java and the Shoddy Battle client which can be downloaded from this website.

Then once, the client is all loaded up, join the "Smogon University" server. You'll need to log in, the registering is a really easy process, honest.

League Rules
  • Depending on how many sign ups we get, I'm hoping for several weeks of round robin play as well as playoffs.
  • Players can have up to a maximum of two teams. Once the league starts, these teams may not change unless as directed under the guidelines below.
    • If a player has an illegal Pokemon on their team or an illegal move on their Pokemon as indicated by the below guidelines, the opponent should inform myself as soon as possible so that the proper action may be taken.
    • If an illegal Pokemon or an illegal move on a Pokemon is reported, the offender will be automatically disqualified for that week and risk further disqualifications for future matches unless proof is shown that an offense was in fact not made.
    • My original idea was to have all teams PMed to me, but since I plan on participating, I figured that wouldn't be fair. So these rules are essentially going to be upheld on the honor system. Please be fair to your fellow competitors and honest with yourself.
  • Battles will be fought using OU (Overused) Pokemon and below. Any Pokemon belonging to the Ubers tier are banned. More information on the tiers list I am using can be found here, and the Pokemon belonging to each tier can be found here. For clarification, Pokemon found in the BL, UU, NU, and NFE tiers can be used, however they will usually be outclassed by those in the OU tier, so choose your teams wisely.
  • To clarify, Pokemon will be at Level 100.
  • Leaving a battle because of reasons other than technical difficulties (talking on AIM and such will help with the communication factor) will result in an automatic 6-0 loss for that particular battle.
  • How shit will work.
    • If we get 12, 14, or 16 participants, there will be two divisions. If we get 15 participants, the League will be broken up into three divisions.
    • Matches will be contested as best 2 out of 3 battles and scores should be reported in this thread. An example of scoring could be as follows:
      A def. B 2-0
      B def. A 3-0
      B def. A 1-0
      The number shown is the "final score" of the battle; the number not equaling zero being the number of Pokemon the winner has left (aka not KOed). If a player wins the first two battles, a third isn't necessary.
    • Playoffs
      • Playoffs will take the top three seed from each division, making a total of six battlers in the playoffs.
      • The number one seeds from each division get a bye in the first round of the playoffs.
      • The 2nd seed from the Red Division will face the 3rd seed from the Blue division and vise versa in the first round.
      • Semifinal matchups will be determined when the first round is over.
      • Before playoffs start, battlers may replace one Pokemon on each team if they choose to do so.

Battling Rules
Certain things can and cannot be done during a match. Failure to comply (once again, reported with proof) will result in a disqualification.
  • Evasion Clause - Moves that boost evasion (i.e. Double Team and Minimize) are not allowed.
  • Sleep Clause - Two or more Pokémon on a team cannot be asleep at the same time. Self-induce sleep via rest does not activate Sleep Clause.
  • Freeze Clause - Two or more Pokémon on a team cannot be frozen at the same time.
  • Species Clause - Two or more of the same Pokémon may not be used on the same team.
  • OHKO Clause - One-Hit KO moves are not allowed.
  • Self KO Clause - If both players have only one Pokémon left, moves which KO both the user and the opponent are not allowed (e.g. Explosion, Destiny Bond). If recoil damage would cause a tie, Self KO Clause does not activate, and the player who last attacked is the winner.

Participants
  • Slegna (Slegna)
  • Nick 2 (GraySavvy)
  • Ro (pepseeh)
  • PX
  • TBM (Tromboner Man)
  • Leon (Leon Caprice)
  • Seth (stl311)
  • Shock
  • Jaro (Jaro43)
  • Dylan (Killswitch91)
  • Bob (Bobino)
  • Nick 1 (TeamBetterThanU)
Teams can all be found in this post.

Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League FMCPBLStandingsWeek7

Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League FMCPBLScheduleWeek1Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League FMCPBLScheduleWeek2Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League FMCPBLScheduleWeek3Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League FMCPBLScheduleWeek4Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League FMCPBLScheduleWeek5Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League FMCPBLScheduleWeek6Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League FMCPBLScheduleWeek7Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League FMCPBLScheduleWeek8

Last edited by Squirtledamus on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:56 pm; edited 25 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
FMW World Tag Team Champion
FMW World Tag Team Champion
Nicholas Gray

Rep : 19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:07 am

Signan up.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:21 am

All right, all right, signing up.

But I am a total noob to this shit.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:07 am

I already play this and have a team, so i'll give it a go. My mate seriously pwns at this
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Rep : 15

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian G. Smitten
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:25 am

I'll give it a go
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/trombonerman
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:13 am

This game is actually pretty difficult if you havent played before

EDIT: My team has a Salamence, and he's been voted to be moved to Uber, should I change that? He's still ou for the time being but he's being changed soon
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:21 am

I'll join up, but I'll probably be an old fart and go with most of the original Pokemon. But we'll see.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:48 am

In this game the original pokemon are all pretty shitty, I'm not gonna lie.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Yeah, Mence has been moved up to Ubers officially now. Sorry PX.

And there are 11 of the Gen. I Pokemon in OU, so it's not impossible to form a team using only those, I don't know how much synergy that team would have, though.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Sure, why the hell not.
Back to top Go down
Shock

Shock

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kuruk
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:56 pm

Sure, I'll pwn you all. loljk

But seriously, sign me up.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:26 pm

FMP's for the winnahz?
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Shock wrote:

Automatic DQ.

Good day.
Back to top Go down
Shock

Shock

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kuruk
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Rottata wrote:
Shock wrote:

Automatic DQ.

Good day.

Uh... no? =P
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:50 pm

I SAID GOOD DAY.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:35 pm

HE SAID GOOD DAY.

PX wrote:
FMP's for the winnahz?

Also, I'm down with this idea if one of the higher powers agrees.
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jaro
Championship: FMW Ultraviolent Championship

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:04 pm

omfg so in
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Butters
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:58 pm

So, I don't have any Pokemanz at 100, so if you wanted someone to run this, I'd be winning to not participate and run it for you.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:23 am

Fuck yes Jaro is in.

Also, Bob, this isn't for the DS. Read the first paragraph of the first post, sir. It's all on the computer, and it's easy to start a team. No IV breeding, no EV training, just point, click, and type.
Back to top Go down
Killswitch

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Killswitch
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:34 am

I'm in, now I got some shit to do...
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:34 am

Fine. Sign me up, dick.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:38 am

Excellent. That makes 11 people so far. I'm thinking of limiting sign-ups to 12 or 14 people (maybe 16 if there's that much interest), so let me know if you're gonna participate ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:45 am

Double post since this is important.

Once you have registered on the Smogon University server, post your Shoddy nickname here so we can easily find each other.
Back to top Go down
Killswitch

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Killswitch
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 am

Shoddy nickname is Killswitch91.
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:06 am

Bobino
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:49 am

pepseeh
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:42 am

Leon Caprice
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:36 am

Alright, in order to get this thing started pretty soon, I will be closing sign ups tomorrow at 2:59 AM EST. Essentially, midnight my time. At the very least I'd like to get one person. However, having 14, 15, or 16 people is manageable too. However, if we end up with 13, the 13th person won't be participating since scheduling would then be a bitch. Sorry.

Also note the additions to the rules above, most notably the scoring section.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:44 am

PX i think
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jaro
Championship: FMW Ultraviolent Championship

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:40 am

Mine will be either Jaro or Jaro43.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League   Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full Metal Competitive Pokemon Battle League
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next