Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters Empty
PostSubject: The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters   The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:02 am

Who has the best gimmick currently, why?

IC or OOC, and remember don't make it all about yourself.
Back to top Go down

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters   The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Who has the best gimmick in FMW today... The answer stands in three simple letters:

C
G
S

Christian G. Smitten, as he is known today, is a model of an ever-evolving character; starting out as the "Bikie of Justice", a gimmick that he admitted was less than good, he evolved into the "Legal Eagle of FMW" when he integrated Law into his character, changing it to a Lawyer. Around that time, I thought Smitten couldn't have a greater gimmick as it was a perfect way to be a top-heel; use flaws in rules, twist them around to trap an opponent, etc. Yet, Smitten struck yet again and became the Fascist Beast (all love, Ben Smile) that he is today; from Lawyer, he became Judge and assumed the role of Commissioner of FMW.

The best thing about Smitten's "Judge/Commissioner" gimmick is that it's one of the most "down to earth" gimmick in FMW today while still keeping that "Wow" factor about it. A lot of gimmicks in e-wrestling revolve around supernatural beings or mentally instable persons recycled as wrestlers for some reason. If anything, Smitten's only supernatural ability is how he can make an awesome gimmick evolve without losing that awesomeness he's accustomed us to.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: ...
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters   The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:11 am

You know what Kelson? I agree, Smitten is a wonderful choice. He was taken what could have easily been a comedy gimmick of a lawyer in an e-fed and turned it into a masterpiece. However, I think we have a choice that may top it…

“The Chosen One” Drew Michaels. While Smitten has been impressive, Drew has done something all together different in terms of religion in promos. Many religious gimmicks have floated in and out of the e-feds we frequent, White Falcon in LPW being a prominent example. However, few have created the intricate mythology around their gimmick like Drew has. Since day one, this gimmick has been constantly evolving. At first he was simply a man turning to religion to redeem him for a past sin, the murder of an innocent man. However, due to the machinations of Ethan Black, Drew was plunged further into religion and picked as God’s Chosen One. From there a holy crusade was waged against first Ethan Black and then the Original Sin. Now he has evolved further, becoming not only the Chosen One but proclaiming himself FMW’s Savior in a move some have considered controversial.

But that is exactly the thing. Whether you like the gimmick or not, everyone knows damn well what Drew Michaels is. His gimmick doesn't change with a new character every show. He isn't a bland innovator that people tire of quickly. Drew Michaels has been a constant in FMW since Day One. From the first day FMW opened its door we've known exactly who Drew Michaels was. He was the Chosen One. From his death and subsequent resurrection Drew has still been the same man. His convictions may have changed slightly but who is Drew Michaels? He is the Chosen One. He always has been, and always will be.

So while FMW itself has seen change after change. It's seen a fun loving Professor become entwined with his demons and become a deadly sociopath now seeking a path to redemption. We've seen a mobster, the Italian Wolf, evolve to begin his own empire. We've seen a radical innovator turn into a perfectionist with a creepy darkside. All of these changes have been evolution like Smitten. But just like Smitten they started as an entirely different gimmick and changed into what we have today.

Drew Michaels has been constant. He has never faltered and never missed (Wolfbanger wasn't in FMW, doesn't count Smile) The gimmick of Drew Michaels has been the rock of FMW, solid through all the changes around him. And while the character itself evolves much like all the others in FMW, The central core of the Gimmick that is Drew Michaels remains the same.

The one constant, through all his changes, has been Drew’s devotion to God and his devotion to what he believes to be a better FMW. While some may not currently trust his motives, Drew still espouses the same beliefs he held the moment he walked into FMW. His trust in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit is one of the few things in FMW one can only depend on and always believe will be there. I think the highest compliment that can be paid to this gimmick is that everyone, despite who they are or what brand/division they may be on, has something to say about the LORD’s Chosen One and his belief system. He generates heat, both good and bad, and has a dedication to the character that is remarkable which is why, a team whose name derives somewhat from this gimmick, chose The Chosen One as our best gimmick in FMW.
Back to top Go down

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters   The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:00 am

Fine choice, Mr.Quint; fine choice.

However, I'll have to disagree and keep my initial choice; Christian G. Smitten. If you look at what both men did in 2009 and how they're gimmick helped, it would go something like this:

With his Legal Eagle gimmick running wild, Smitten started out 2009 as the FMW Champion. At Anarchy 7.4, he defeated former FMW Champion and future C-4 Champion Eric Scorpio. Meanwhile, Drew Michaels and his "consistent Chosen One" gimmick joined forced with the ever-inconsistent Wraith (lord knows why) to defeat Dangerous by Design on the Blue show. February saw a twist of fate as Smitten lost his Championship to Nick Bryson while Drew gained the C-4 title from Hostyle. The aforementioned twist really only last for a month really as the next few months would see Smitten rise back to the top and Michaels go down in flames; Smitten made it to the Mount Vesuvius Torch Tournament final, losing to Alex O'Rion in a 5-way TLC while the Michaels-Bryson team of SPARTA! lost to HavOc and Michaels defended his C-4 title against Flare. 8.3: Smitten defeated John "Doc" Derrick, U2: he defeated Eric Scorpio and became #1 contender to the FMW Championship (a shot which he never got, by the way). During that time, Drew lost to Harlequin & Alex O'Rion, he lost the House of HavOc match and, gladly for him, defended his C-4 Championship at U2 but at a cost: he was almost killed by Jaro and Harlequin.

9.1 is where things get interesting: Drew is pretty much "dead", being stripped of the C-4 Champion along the way. Meanwhile, Smitten unveils his latest wonder; he's the FMW COMMISSIONER! Drew died and was reborn but in character Christian G. Smitten was the commisioner of FMW. He made EVERY decision for FMW, meaning every IC idea, was his, every angle IC, was his. All of FMW's success in the end is because of him, and because of that OOC he is the one character that even though Ben is sadly leaving, we wouldn't let go. If Michaels had left FMW, would his gimmick be so awesome that we'd actually keep him around because we NEED him so much? Would we still host the "Chosen One" in any way, shape or form if he was to jump off the train? Yet, we did it for Christian G. Smitten.

That will be all, gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: ...
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters   The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:25 am

No actually, it won't be all.

You see, the entire beginning of your rebuttal makes no sense. You seem to have some odd belief that wins and losses determines the validity of a gimmick and thus seem to be using it as a crutch for your argument.

You spout off basically every match each person has been in and go on about their win loss record once again as if it is a determining factor of the validity of a gimmick.

We keep the Commissioner Smitten gimmick running because it would be fruitless to kill it off after only a cycle because of Ben's departure. FMW could survive without it. And to counter your point wonderfully, do you remember what the shows were like following the demise of Drew Michaels? Do you remember the constant focus around him in the hospital, his subsequent death and rebirth.

Do you remember the coverage?

All that time he was "dead" he was gone, and the character continued to drive and steer the show.

Your point, moot.
Back to top Go down

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters   The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:37 am

The Michaels character was kept because Drew was still around. Ben's leaving for a while and yet, the character is still steering the show and most likely will until he comes back for the sole reason that nobody else can steer it from an IC point of view. Meanwhile, while Michaels' gimmick is a part of the foundations of FMW, if he was leave, we would not need to keep it alive for FMW to make sense.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters   The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:47 am

Chris Kelson wrote:
Meanwhile, while Michaels' gimmick is a part of the foundations of FMW, if he were to leave, we would not need to keep it alive for FMW to make sense.

Eh, let's be real, we can honestly say the same thing about Commissioner Smitten.

The character is not as completely interwoven into the foundations of FMW as you're trying to make him out to be. I can imagine an FMW without a Commissioner Smitten ruling over it, and we did experience that as recently as early in the 9 cycle.

Therefore, that argument is negated, and you'll have to find a new one.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters   The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Church vs Efron's Hair Haters
Page 1 of 1