Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW OOC Thread

Go down 
+50
robbclarke
Back Home
Jaro Classic
Bobino
War Machine
The Returned
Cactus Sam
Harles
Valladon
Ashburn
Sharpedo King
X
Storm183
Drew Michaels
Anwyl
iDeAndes
Damien
Vincent Van Rose
Lucian
Drake Parker
Kiyoshi Ryu
MASS Caesar
Hannibal Frost
Tromboner Man
Dano
the nick bryson
Omega
David GS
Vendetta
MPD
John Andrews
Freakie
The Dude
TyranT
Edible14
Alex O'Rion
David Ravish
Leon Caprice
John Derrick
Slegna
Jeff
Leviticastform
Abel Steele
Rottata
Nicholas Gray
Easy
PX
RCA
The Celt
Easty
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:39 am

Well now that it's "facebook official" and shit I can post here.

Anyone with my facebook knows why I no-showed last weekend now. Anyone without it, I gave almost twenty percent of my life for a shyte return, I can deal with one match suffering for that.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:08 am

That sucks bro. Sorry to hear about it.
Back to top Go down
John Andrews

John Andrews

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: John Andrews
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Sorry I haven't been around much, been busy. Things are heating up and crimes going up so been busy as hell working.
Back to top Go down
TyranT

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: TyranT/Faith
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:37 pm

I'm back! Well, I was back a few days ago but I was a bit mind boggled and jet slagged. Had a fantastic time in Florida, was like a 14 year old in Universal Studios and Adventure land or whatever the hell it was called. I feel great shame in saying the best ride was Harry Potter's forbidden journey, I've always been neutral when it comes to Harry Potter not particularly liking it, but not disliking it either... but the ride was EPIC!

You know you're getting old when you jump on a ride, and rather than scream and go wild and get an adrenalin rush, you just sit back and appreciate the art of the ride, that's what I felt in Forbidden Journey, I simply nodded in approval as a massive dragon came inches in my face before turning and spitting fire at my sister besides me. Such a nod was replaced with a mask of disgust when a giant spider spat on my face, but it was just epic. Best ride in both parks.

A close second had to be Jurassic Park. I was a bit unimpressed at the beginning of the ride, the animatronics or whatever they're called seemed a bit poor in several dino's that reveal themselves on the tour. Later on though, it really kicks off and becomes a hell of a lot more impressive when the raptors come into it. And then a very well made T - Rex pops its head into view late on in the ride, which I confess was a little intimidating. And then there is the inevitable splash.. the ride essentially being a log flume and all. Having sat at the front, I had grotesquely underestimated the splash that was coming. Why I put my hands up in some vain attempt to repel the great wall of water that came at me I will never know, but it looked like someone had thrown a bucket of water over me when I got off the ride.

A comfortable third was Mummy's revenge I think it was called in Universal Studios. It was an indoors rollercoaster, and also a very impressive show of animatronics, holograms, fire and lights during a fast riding rollercoaster. My poor sister was also scared out of her mind going into the ride as the path inside the building was all dark and mummy themed. She braved it though and we both enjoyed the ride a lot, enough to go on it twice since it was early in the day and the cue was low.

Another mention has to go to the Rock It which is also in Studio's. Whilst not ground breaking as a roller coaster, you have some tracks to select whilst your on the freakin' ride, and that impressed me a lot as I just about managed to pick "Born to be Wild" when trying to work out the damn music player installed in the restraint keeping you in the ride. I almost picked MC Hammer's "Can't touch this" not knowing what the hell it was. Born to be Wild was a perfect choice though to be blasting through your ears as you whizz through hoops and shit.

Yeah, so that was the parks, the holiday overall was fantastic. Hope all has been well with ye guys Razz
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:52 pm

Seriously; I want it made loud and clear right now

SOMEONE put it in the sign up commandments you CANNOT say your character "will NEVARAHHHHHHHH tap out". I mean Jesus, just how many times are we going to have read that? It's a completely unrealistic request/suggestion to make.

I'm not ragging on anyone specifically, I want to make that clear because I've seen it written a million times now, but I just want to say how fucking silly it is.

There isn't a single wrestler in the world that hasn't tapped out at one point or another; and that includes absolute monsters like Lesnar, Undertaker and Hogan. All of them have tapped out at some point, multiple times.

It's not a sign of weakness to tap out. In kayfabe, submission move can break bones and rupture organs if not tapped out to. Why would you do permanent damage to your body for one match? Even if you're in a world title match you're going to have to tap out because if you don't you'll be zero posistion to then defend said title.

TL;DR? YOU'RE GOING TO TAP OUT AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER. DEAL WITH IT.

Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Actually, it's not. However, I was planning on editing the Commandments in the near future, that will be one of the things that need to be edited in.

But excellent point Aidan. +pi internets to you.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:40 pm

For the Record, Undertaker Has never lost a match via submission his whole career. It's a damn fact.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Undertaker actually lost by submission to CM Punk last year, but that was a screwjob like Montreal.

But he never has physically tapped out. So it's believable.

Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Rep : -18

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Just walk away, Randal.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
FMW Corruption Ultraviolent Champion
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Leon Caprice wrote:
Undertaker actually lost by submission to CM Punk last year, but that was a screwjob like Montreal.

Yes he did. He tapped to a Kurt Angle triangle choke famously.
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:33 am

Even if he didn't, these rookies are not, by any means, The Undertaker. So fuck them.

Next person that puts that on their sign-up taps out immediately like a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Vendetta

Vendetta

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Blake Vendetta
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:08 am

WWE is fake. If the management want him to not tap out, he doesn't. It doesnt then make it BELIEVABLE for somebody to tap out in my opinion..

Maybe in the sign-ups, those people just edit their post to "will be extremely resilent and only tap-out in extreme circumstances" or something along those lines?

Smile
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:11 am

Vendetta wrote:
WWE is fake.

I wasn't aware of this Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Vendetta wrote:
If the management want him to not tap out, he doesn't. It doesnt then make it BELIEVABLE for somebody to tap out in my opinion..

Maybe in the sign-ups, those people just edit their post to "will be extremely resilent and only tap-out in extreme circumstances" or something along those lines?

Smile

The thing about it is is the same as asking for character to never be pinned and should only ever lose via some other finish. That's annoying because your tieing up the hands of the writers, who actually need to be free to be creative with things such as that.

Also, only monsters heels and Supermen faces get to go on "never tap out" or Samoa Joe style undefeated streaks. You don't want you character to ever tap out? That's cool, just win all your matches and your character simply won't have to because he ain't even losing.

The thing about being a rookie is that you're likely going to be losing alot of matches, and thus be tapping out in some of them.

Unless of course you're a super amazing talent and your winning all your first matches....well then if it's going to be a benefit to your character we might do an angle where your character won't tap out....but you have show you deserve something like that. Because if we give you something like that we're endorsing your character to be almost superhuman is his endurance, and more importantly above the rest of the roster in that regard.

Like, why should some rookie not tap out to say...Alex O'Rion's Riptide (Sharpshooter) when it's taken out some of the best FMW's has to offer, espeically when said rookie will likey lose the match?

The reason we just can't do that kind of thing is because it's so unrealistic in terms of storytelling. If there's this rookie who is SO tough he won't tap out to the best submission there are...why is losing so often? If he's so relistant why can't he fight through the pain of a piledriver and kick out of the pin? It'd make no sense, you see what I'm getting at?

Even the most endurance there have ever been in kayfabe terms cannot survive a properly performed submission hold. Randy Savage as a face would get beat down for 15 minutes, do his comeback inside of 5 "SHOWING INCREDIBLE FORTITUDE BAH GAWD" but if he going to lose and his oppenent was of the technical flavour that legend is tapping the fuck out because the bottom line is no matter how endurant your character no-one is that resistant they are the human body won't let itself be damaged like that on purpose.

TL;DR: Would you tell Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero, Angle, Shamrock or any of those, especially as a rookie, you're not going to go with their finishes because you're afraid of how'll it make you appear? That's talk that'll get you shot on.

Edit: Fuck me, I should be the one doing RCA's teacher gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Vendetta

Vendetta

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Blake Vendetta
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:29 am

*claps*
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 am

Jeff wrote:
Leon Caprice wrote:

Wasn't that match a no contest though? Which would go back to the fact he hasn't actually lost a match in that fashion
Back to top Go down
Easty

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:59 am

I take it this is directed at me?
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:03 am

Porygon-X wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Leon Caprice wrote:

Wasn't that match a no contest though? Which would go back to the fact he hasn't actually lost a match in that fashion

Leon said that Taker never "physically tapped out," which is false. The match may have ended in a no-contest, but even Taker has actually slapped the mat for a submission.

But enough of that. I too tire of seeing "won't tap out, ever, under any circumstance" on signup sheets, and they should be banned.
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Leon Caprice

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 am

If scorpio went against one of these rookies he'd be screwed then. lol
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:22 am

Easty wrote:
I take it this is directed at me?

It's really not, if you scroll through the sign up thread a bunch of rooks have it down in their "won't" sections, and it's been a constant over the years in the sign up threads of years past. I just felt now was a good time to point it out.

If it makes anyone feel any better I believe even Clarke requested that Harlequin would "let his arm be broken" rather than tap out in a UV match. Congradulations Harlequin, you'll prove to the millions you really are crazy as your ass blacks out and you lose the match as well haha. That or vomit violently all over our nice, very absorbant canvass. Nothing says world class promotion than puke strains on the mat Smile
Back to top Go down
David GS
FMW Anarchy Ultraviolent Champion
FMW Anarchy Ultraviolent Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: David GS
Championship: FMW Television Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Miss Harley Sad
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:47 pm

The Celt wrote:

The thing about it is is the same as asking for character to never be pinned and should only ever lose via some other finish. That's annoying because your tieing up the hands of the writers, who actually need to be free to be creative with things such as that.

Also, only monsters heels and Supermen faces get to go on "never tap out" or Samoa Joe style undefeated streaks. You don't want you character to ever tap out? That's cool, just win all your matches and your character simply won't have to because he ain't even losing.

The thing about being a rookie is that you're likely going to be losing alot of matches, and thus be tapping out in some of them.

Unless of course you're a super amazing talent and your winning all your first matches....well then if it's going to be a benefit to your character we might do an angle where your character won't tap out....but you have show you deserve something like that. Because if we give you something like that we're endorsing your character to be almost superhuman is his endurance, and more importantly above the rest of the roster in that regard.

Like, why should some rookie not tap out to say...Alex O'Rion's Riptide (Sharpshooter) when it's taken out some of the best FMW's has to offer, espeically when said rookie will likey lose the match?

The reason we just can't do that kind of thing is because it's so unrealistic in terms of storytelling. If there's this rookie who is SO tough he won't tap out to the best submission there are...why is losing so often? If he's so relistant why can't he fight through the pain of a piledriver and kick out of the pin? It'd make no sense, you see what I'm getting at?

Even the most endurance there have ever been in kayfabe terms cannot survive a properly performed submission hold. Randy Savage as a face would get beat down for 15 minutes, do his comeback inside of 5 "SHOWING INCREDIBLE FORTITUDE BAH GAWD" but if he going to lose and his oppenent was of the technical flavour that legend is tapping the fuck out because the bottom line is no matter how endurant your character no-one is that resistant they are the human body won't let itself be damaged like that on purpose.

TL;DR: Would you tell Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero, Angle, Shamrock or any of those, especially as a rookie, you're not going to go with their finishes because you're afraid of how'll it make you appear? That's talk that'll get you shot on.

If you could spell I'd fully endorse you.

I miss Harley as well and honestly, the only person I could see earning the "I won't tap out" is either Drew (proven superhuman endurance) or heel Harley (bat-shit enough to take a broken bone). Celt probably wouldn't tap out to a rival such as HavOc or Jaro.

That's about it though as I fully agree with the Celt. I used to have that "won't tap out " thing in my bio but I took it down and decided that maybe I should just win as much as I can. Lucky for me I've never lost via submission yet. I'm sure it's coming though.
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:27 pm

[quote="RCA"][quote="The Celt"] Like, why should some rookie not tap out to say...Alex O'Rion's Riptide (Sharpshooter) when it's taken out some of the best FMW's has to offer, espeically when said rookie will likey lose the match? /quote]

I agree with everything the Leprecan't has said except for one.

No one taps to the Ripetide.

I use the move and I can't remember ever winning with it, ever.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:25 pm

RCA wrote:

I miss Harley as well and honestly, the only person I could see earning the "I won't tap out" is either Drew (proven superhuman endurance) or heel Harley (bat-shit enough to take a broken bone). Celt probably wouldn't tap out to a rival such as HavOc or Jaro.

That's about it though as I fully agree with the Celt. I used to have that "won't tap out " thing in my bio but I took it down and decided that maybe I should just win as much as I can. Lucky for me I've never lost via submission yet. I'm sure it's coming though.

Next match I think you're going to lose I BAGS IT. Make Austin tap out to an armbar, lolol Or maybe Alex's move that makes no-one tap out.

Wrong thing to say Hoodie!
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:09 am

I could understand adding "not tapping out to a choke, would rather pass out" but one would think legit getting a bone broken because you're too prideful to tap is pretty dumb.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:27 am

Leon Caprice wrote:

Next match I think you're going to lose I BAGS IT. Make Austin tap out to an armbar, lolol Or maybe Alex's move that makes no-one tap out.

Wrong thing to say Hoodie!

If Alex slaps RCA in the Sharpshooter, I hope I do tap out (after a struggle of course, lol). It's the Goddamn Sharpshooter for crying out loud.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:35 am

RCA wrote:

QUITE IN THE BACK
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Dear Ammunition Roster...

If you're on the Ammunition Roster I need you to PM me your current roster info.

Let me repeat that in case you weren't paying attention.

PM ME YOUR ROSTER INFO, DON'T POST IN THE ROSTER UPDATE THREAD, DON'T TELL ME TO GET IT MYSELF, PM ME YOUR ROSTER INFO!!!

The reason for this is a couple of reasons, 1) I don't wanna hear "you got the wrong roster info for me", 2) I'm fucking lazy, 3) Slegna is very bad at helping with things :3

That being said if it isn't PM'ed to me you won't be put on the roster.

Period.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:06 pm

Omega wrote:
Dear Ammunition Roster...

If you're on the Ammunition Roster I need you to PM me your current roster info.

Let me repeat that in case you weren't paying attention.

PM ME YOUR ROSTER INFO, DON'T POST IN THE ROSTER UPDATE THREAD, DON'T TELL ME TO GET IT MYSELF, PM ME YOUR ROSTER INFO!!!

The reason for this is a couple of reasons, 1) I don't wanna hear "you got the wrong roster info for me", 2) I'm fucking lazy, 3) Slegna is very bad at helping with things :3

That being said if it isn't PM'ed to me you won't be put on the roster.

Period.

Just make a thread everyone can see and post in again.

Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Dano

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Mick O'Connell
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:23 am

The Celt wrote:
Vendetta wrote:
WWE is fake.

I wasn't aware of this Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Vendetta wrote:
If the management want him to not tap out, he doesn't. It doesnt then make it BELIEVABLE for somebody to tap out in my opinion..

Smile

Ya'll be angry....
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Rep : 15

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian G. Smitten
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:36 am

SYANIDE <3
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/trombonerman
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW OOC Thread
Page 2 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next