Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things I love about Wrestling

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

Things I love about Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Things I love about Wrestling   Things I love about Wrestling I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:22 pm

So, I work at a video rental store now and we do happen to have a few WWE DVDs and collections. So I saw we had parts of the Summerslam anthology. I rented 1998-2003. The opening match of 98 is Val Venis vs D-Lo Brown and this is some of the best angling I've ever seen.

Val Venis, who is easily in my top 5 list for "Best to never win the WWE Title", opens the show in NY with the line "I came, I saw, and I came again." D-Lo Brown then comes out and he is announced "Formerly from Chicago, Illinois, now residing in Helsinki, Finland" because he's european champ. He also has his amazing chest protector on.

God I miss some of the old days.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

Things I love about Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things I love about Wrestling   Things I love about Wrestling I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:12 pm

I'm nearly sure I've actually seen that match, incidently.

I miss how we use to get top drawer matches more than once a year from WWE. Danielson looks like the man who can bring that back to some degree, a couple more workers like him and we could have real quality Pay Per Views again.
Back to top Go down

Things I love about Wrestling
Page 1 of 1