Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW

Go down 
+3
PX
Omega
Abel Steele
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW Empty
PostSubject: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:47 am

THE AMAZING RACE - FMW

Hello and welcome to FMW’s amazing Race.

Those of you have signed up thanks for your support. Hopefully this can actually play out as well as it sounded when I dreamed it up in my head. Any and all feedback as we go along will be accepted.

The race around the world of FMW will be conducted over 8 rounds, commencing and finishing at FMW Headquarters. As we progress through the rounds teams will be eliminated one at a time until we determine the winner.

The race will be competed in by pairs and the eventual winners will receive 4 FMP’s (to share) as a reward for their speed, wit and gamesmanship.

Now it is time to introduce our teams:
Drew & Seth
Sleg & Gray
RCA & Ro
Caprice & Butters
AVO & Black Marcus
PX & Easty

Each round of the competition will be split into two challenges. At the start of the round each team will be given the first challenge, linked in some way to the location for that round; the second will be a logic puzzle or code breaking exercise or pretty much anything that I decide. It will not be handed to each team until that team has completed the first challenge successfully. In some rounds there may be a choice between two different options for the second challenge.

The team that completes both challenges in the shortest amount of time will be the winner of that round and will receive an advantage in the next round. That may be getting the first challenge one hour before the other groups or it may be giving them an additional "Yield" card (see below) to use just for that stage of the race.
Similarly the team that finishes last may be eliminated or they may receive a disadvantage in the next round such as getting the first challenge on hour after all the other teams or having to complete a third challenge or anything else I can cook up (within reason of course).

"YIELD" cards. At the start of the race each team will have one "Yield" card that can be used at any stage of any round in the race EXCEPT for the final leg. The "Yield" card can be used against a team of your choice and will add 3 hours to the eventual finishing time of that team for that round only. To use the "Yield" card you must post in the challenge thread for that leg BEFORE the team you are using it against finishes both challenges

The rules of FMW Amazing Race (so far) are:

1. You must complete each part of the challenge fully and correctly before progressing

2. Only one member of the team has to provide the answer. The answer should be provided via PM

3. If you wish to change your answer BEFORE I respond to you then the same team member must send me the new answer.

4. Once I receive you team’s answer I will either give you the next challenge if correct or ask you to try again. If you are incorrect I will not accept another answer from your team for half an hour. (You can send it in within the half hour period if you like but I won't count it until the time has lapsed) This is to encourage you to solve the puzzle fully rather than spamming me with answers.

5. All puzzles will be determined by a reference source determined by myself (eg for any word type challenges my copy of the Collins Dictionary from 2008 will be the reference. I will however take account things like localised spelling (colour vs color) in word challenges.

6. My decision is final and race results will be determined by the time specified on your answer in my FMW inbox.

7. I can't be online all the time. If you send me a PM and I don't pick it up for 10 hours I apologise but time zones and RL will mean that is bound to happen over the course of this race. Please accept that as part of the game. I promise I will respond to everyone as soon as possible when a challenge is running

8. Above all other rules THIS IS MEANT TO BE FOR FUN. It is something I cooked up myself and I have not done it before so if there are any hiccups I apologise and please bear with me.

LET THE RACE BEGIN!!!!

The race will start and end at the home of FMW. The theme for the first and last rounds will be FMW.

The first challenge is below

PART 1.

Give your team a name

PART 2.

Make as many words as you can from the letters below with the following rules:
D A N
D O E
A N B
• Each word must be minimum of four letters
• You cannot use each letter more than once
• You cannot use slang or proper nouns
• Each word must contain the center letter (ie the letter O)
To successfully complete this puzzle you must find 16 words and this must include the one nine letter word.

PART 3

Answer the following 3 questions
1. Who is FMW’s oldest active member (OOC ie member's age not their character's age)?
2. Who was the first man eliminated from Mt Vesuvius I & II
3. Who was the last man eliminated in the last 3 Gold Card Gauntlet matches?

PLEASE NOTE: These 3 parts make up the first challenge. Once you have completed all three I will send you the second challenge via PM.

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD RACING....
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Quick question, when you say you can't use each letter more than once do you mean you can't use each letter more than once per word or use each letter more than once per series of words?
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:12 pm

It's once per word
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:10 am

Abel, make sure you send it to my partner as well next time.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:59 pm

One of the remaining 2 teams need to get their response in so we can finish this leg of the race.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Shanderadamus wrote:
Abel, make sure you send it to my partner as well next time.

This, please
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:03 am

Yeh Ro that was my bad, didn't effect the outcome at all because PX had 1st place covered before anyone else even got the second challenge but I will make sure it goes to both member's next round.

On that note how did we make the forums for survivor that only team members could access? I think that would be a good solution.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:59 am

Yeah, we can do that, hit me up on AIM.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 12:37 pm

Easty: the David Otunga of Team BEER.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Well Easty, unless both of us are online when the challenge goes up, one of us will be spearheading it, so no worries
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:12 pm

Attention Seth/Drew & AVO/Marcus

You have until next Saturday (one week from today) to complete the Round 1 challenge or you will both be eliminated

If you are pulling out please let me know ASAP so the competition can move forward

Thanksyou
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:25 am

Yawn.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:41 am

And to everyone's suprise its a double elimination in the first week!!

It would be funny to watch this happen in the real show, two teams sucking so bad they couldn't get to the finish.

Anyway, I think its best to keep moving.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Indeed we will keep on moving...

Fairly anticlimatically the first two teams eliminated are:

Drew & Seth
AVO & Marcus

As we lost two teams I am now going to drop one of the rounds as well.

The next challenge will be posted in here on Friday 12/11.

The winner for any who don't know was Team B.E.E.R (PX & Easty). Their reward for coming first is to choose the time of day the next challenge gets posted from the following options (remember guys all of these are GMT+8 ):

7:30am, 10:30am, 12:30 pm, 8:30pm, 10:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:38 pm

We have to wait until Friday? All of us have already waited way too long.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Me and Easty have agreed on 8.30 GMT time, which I assume is the 12.30 time that's listed? If that's wrong, give us the time closest to the evening slot there
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:12 am

12:30 would be 4:30 am GMT so I'm gonna guess that isn't what you want....

Unfortunately time zones mean for me to post in you evening type slot I'd have to be up at 4:30 am and that ain't gonna happen.

I can do it at about 7:00 am on Saturday here which will be 11:00pm Friday for you guys.... otherwise the best for you would probably be if I posted at midnight Friday night which will be mid afternoon for you guys
Back to top Go down
Easty

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:32 am

I meant 8:30, as in 12:30 GMT >_>
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:28 pm

I don't get home until 4.30 in the day so the midday slot doesn't suit me Easty =/
Back to top Go down
Easty

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:53 pm

2:30pm GMT then? I'm free all day tomorrow so I can crack on until you get home, and this way our opponents, who live in time zones where they'll either be asleep or getting ready for work/school, won't be able to attempt it.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Alright then, make sure to send me on the 2nd part if you get the first, or if you can solve it no need.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Righto, will do.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:57 pm

I love that its Abel running it and he's doing it by Perth time... So I'll be ready for it!!
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:20 pm

Except for the fact that it's confusing to everybody else. Use EST (since everybody knows that conversion for promos) or GMT.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:06 pm

OK

So the time will be 10:30pm Friday (2:30pm GMT & 9:30am EST for those getting confused)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW   FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW Challenge - Round 1 - FMW
Page 1 of 1