Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2

Go down 
+16
Jaro Classic
Jeff
Eric Scorpio
X
Cactus Sam
Omega
the nick bryson
RCA
Rottata
Skyler Striker
Vincent Van Rose
Abel Steele
The Celt
Matt Dunn
Alex O'Rion
Kaoru
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:13 am

TT sucks here because everyone does shoots in order to keep up with the better TTers such as De, lol.

And Romeo's right, TT never deals between just two to four people. Unless its all of FMW versus Seth.

But yeah, constant TT can do wonders for a feud. See me versus X over at LPW. I TT'd him to death, and he answered just enough to keep shit going. Thing ends up being feud of the year despite little actual interaction between the characters.
Back to top Go down
Matt Dunn

Matt Dunn

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Dunn
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:19 am

People TTing at all would do wonders.

Lets look at the Corruption results thread;

A few of the Gold Card guys have had back and forths and made something vaguely resembling a conversation,

X and CXC,

And Jaro has given Celt a history lesson.

Ultimately, all TT threads come down to me and RCA, with De stepping in when he's working on White People Time.

Until TTing threads are actually used consistantly by more people, there's no need for seperate threads.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:22 am

That's because TT threads quickly degenerate when more than one conversation is ongoing, which definitely happens here because everyone from every division converges in the lone TT thread for the show.

I'm telling you. Separate TT threads. I have it on good faith that most people generally stick to their own division's thread. When this happens here the threads will be cleaned up and some progress can actually be made.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:26 am

That is my point and I think Ro's idea is worth exploring. Most people probably don't TT because it gets lost amongst a million pointless shoots from the same bunch of people who are "good at TT" because if you try to engage your oppoonent half the time the response you get is from someone uninvolved picking the shit out of you.

To Bryson... yes your point about not knowing the teams is a fair one but there still could have been more emphasis on it. The captains could have done segments at 11.1 & 11.2 around the team makeup or some such. But this is about more than just the War Games that is just an example so I'll concede the point.
Back to top Go down
X

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:38 am

Romeo wrote:
I have it on good faith that most people generally stick to their own division's thread.

I know I do. How else can you advance a storyline if your storyline is cluttered amongst a whole bunch of people whose show you are not on?

I have been asked to TT and I will TT, but, it won't be much. I don't want what I say to get lost amongst of sea of...words. lol
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:42 am

Well it looks like RCA just took the ball and ran with it...he just gave Ammo it's own TT thread.
Back to top Go down
Matt Dunn

Matt Dunn

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:43 am

Oh shit.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:48 am

You want a problem solved, we are solving it.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:54 am

Well hurry up and give us TT thread Romes!

Also, what might be interesting is if more focus on who the MVPs of the tournament for each division and overall was. For instance, The Wayward Sons are currently the overall Games MVPs with 4 points, the most out of anyone...you'd think they'd be bragging about that.

Also me, Apathy, Nicky Bryson and PX are all still in the running for Corruption MVP. PX doesn't realise but missing this show gives the rest of us a chance to beat him in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
FMW Corruption Ultraviolent Champion
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:07 am

Romeo wrote:

If there was a problem, yo, I'll solve it!
Check out the hook, while my DJ revolves it!
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:11 am

The Celt wrote:
For instance, The Wayward Sons are currently the overall Games MVPs with 4 points, the most out of anyone...you'd think they'd be bragging about that.

We have not TT'ed yet.
Back to top Go down
Matt Dunn

Matt Dunn

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:13 am

S.O.S. wrote:
Romeo wrote:

If there was a problem, yo, I'll solve it!
Check out the hook, while my DJ revolves it!

Vanilla Ice, ice baby.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:47 am

This thread seems to have lit some fires. This pleases me. But allow moi to clarify/summarize a few things that have already been mentioned:

1) Trash-talk alone does not an angle make. While I do agree that separate threads for each franchise are the way to go, TT in general is a secondary issue. You can talk all the smack you want; if it doesn't translate in-show, then you've just wasted your time. Let me go ahead and put De on the spot for a second by comparing his character with mine. They're both power wrestlers, with surprising quickness. They're both heels. They've both had a comparable amount of matches (I've had seven, and I believe he's had five?). They're both in the gold card gauntlet. That being said, De can talk trash until his keyboard lights on fire. I barely do it at all. And yet, in-kayfabe we're on the same tier. I love De's ranting as much as the next guy. But he does it because he likes it. It shouldn't be the primary vehicle for a feud. No offense to RCA, but a feud shouldn't win "Best of the Year" via a TT thread.

2) Separate threads should not be made because there is "too little" trash talk, but because so much of it is irrelevant. We don't want more trash talk. We want less, but genuinely pertinent trash talk from a wider array of people.

3) There is way, and I mean WAY too much shooting going on. I shouldn't be debating the kay-fabe of my character in trash-talk. If your character is a shooter, that's fine. But (and this is just my opinion) my last TT with De took a genuinely dumb turn, and consequently disinterested people reading it. If you have to shoot, then shoot. But don't break the 4th wall with every damn post. Drew Michaels is a good example of the negative consequences. People do worked-shoots on his character all the time. The result? He's neither a face nor a heel. And he SHOULD be a face.
Back to top Go down
X

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:57 am

Can I say that your 2nd and 3rd points are spot on but your first point, I heavly disagree with. I only disagree with it because I was of the same mentality until Mr Eddie (or RCA) continuously trash talked me for a year without me so much as paying him any attention and when I did, it was turned into a storyline. It was turned into a feud. It was turned into the Feud of the Year (as voted on by your peers). So I believe a good feud can come out of trash talking as long as both people would like to feud with each other.

Eddie just wore me down to the point I had no choice but still, the best feud I've ever been part of.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:00 pm

But did the trash-talk translate to good in-show happenings?
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Somebody got thrown off a ship, so yes.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Then my point stands. All I meant was that trash talk that never translates in-show doesn't make a feud. X and RCA clearly had chemistry in TT, and an actual in-show feud came about because of it.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:15 pm

Chemistry? Far from it.

Eddie was just persistent. X's point is that it can always happen if both parties and the HW wants it to happen. And if you've got two guys always arguing with each other then you have a feud, whether or not it is recognized in-show.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:16 pm

ToastErr wrote:

You're damn tootin' it did. X and Eddie's trash talk flowed over into the shows, and these two started getting phyiscal. X threw Eddie off a ship. OFF A SHIP. The feud was intense, created through trash-talk, and sustained through both trash-talk and the shows, despite the fact that they only had ONE match.
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:20 pm

S.O.S. wrote:
ToastErr wrote:

You're damn tootin' it did. X and Eddie's trash talk flowed over into the shows, and these two started getting phyiscal. X threw Eddie off a ship. OFF A SHIP. The feud was intense, created through trash-talk, and sustained through both trash-talk and the shows, despite the fact that they only had ONE match.

Sustained. That's the word I'm looking for.

Don't get me wrong Ro, I'm sure the feud really was created via TT. But there's gotta be something. Even if the announcer just says that there's been a war of words backstage. And clearly there WERE segments...i.e. the ship.

Whatever. I may or may not be wrong. Point is, don't fix TT And call it a day, ya heard?
Back to top Go down
X

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:28 pm

Yeah, Romeo pretty much made my point.

We didn't have chemistry. IN fact, I remember asking why the hell he keeps mentioning my name and I avoided TT for awhile because he kept...going. Nothing he mentioned in the TT thread ever made it to the shows because it wasn't part of teh shows. Once I actually engaged him in the trash talking (and it had nothing to do with any of ur actual storylines we had), it made sense to start a feud. Then and only then was it woven into the shows and it culminated with us having one, count en, ONE singles match...that wasn't even on a PPV.

But still, it can happen. Based solely off of trash talk. And Eddie's commitment to stalking me in every thread I went into. lol
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:29 pm

ToastErr wrote:

3) There is way, and I mean WAY too much shooting going on. I shouldn't be debating the kay-fabe of my character in trash-talk. If your character is a shooter, that's fine. But (and this is just my opinion) my last TT with De took a genuinely dumb turn, and consequently disinterested people reading it. If you have to shoot, then shoot. But don't break the 4th wall with every damn post. Drew Michaels is a good example of the negative consequences. People do worked-shoots on his character all the time. The result? He's neither a face nor a heel. And he SHOULD be a face.

I've tried talking to Drew about this but it's clear to me he's just doesn't believe in the face/heel divide. He's like Russo "Shades of Grey" concept, and believes it works in FMW because we're intelligence and so literature based.

Me personally I feel shades of grey just confuses the audience, like Psyduck levels of confusion. Why? Because one the fundamental parts of wrestling is that's it a morality tale, it's about good and evil, it's about (wait for it...wait for it...) black and white. People want fairly clear cut heroes and villains. Now these heroes don't always have to be goody goody two shoes nor do the heels always have to be the evillest men to ever walk God's green earth, but blurring the lines too much hinders, not helps.

I mean imagine if Rocky had a grey element to him, like he abusive to Adrian or something? Would you pop half as much when he finally wins big at the end (in the ones where he does win) if that was true? You wouldn't, because you're thinking more about what he's done wrong and gotten away it than his victory.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:32 pm

I never called it a day. This was something Jaro knew I had wanted to do for a long time, especially as a way to encourage trash-talking (it was a time when trash-talking was a bit silent). Seeing that the idea had support, I (or, rather, Eddie) went ahead and did it. I'm expecting the art of trash-talking here itself to get better with this move. But do I expect that to happen overnight? Definitely not.

I never thought I'd be saying this, but we need somebody like Cash Flo or Jeff Watson to stimulate some b-r-utal TTing.

Also, Celt, what about Randy the Ram? That's basically the Rocky with a gray element you're trying to describe.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:41 pm

I would like to say, that I did defeat X in the payoff match.

Carry on.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:42 pm

You know what might be cool also? On Ammo since they KO matches, once a few guys have done a couple of those match they should include their knock-outs in their intro

Example:

Buster Cherry: The following Ammunition versus Corruption match is scheduled for one fall, and is a Gold Card Gauntlet Qualifying Match! Introducing first from Dallas, Texas weighing 245 pounds, with a record of 5-6-0, 2 by way of Knock-out… representing the Ammunition brand…GABRIEL CROW!

Edit: Eh, you could argue Randy is a bit grey when he misses the dinner with his daughter, but then the reason he did that was because he stuck out with the love interest. Part of the character is that he's somewhat of a social cripple.

But anyways, I think the audience feels 90, 95% sympathy for Randy by the end of the film owning to the fact that's all he truly has. But yeah I know where you're coming from and I wouldn't discount your view.

I shouldn't have used a movie example like Rocky to explain a wrestling metaphor. What I should have said is something like...

Would wrestling fans pop for Matt Hardy against Drew McIntryre if Hardy had sidebar thing where he was mistreating some diva? Probably not, in fact they'd probably boo him. No bad deed can go unpunished in wrestling...one or another you've got to get a comeuppance at some point

Last edited by The Celt on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:47 pm

X wrote:
Yeah, Romeo pretty much made my point.

We didn't have chemistry. IN fact, I remember asking why the hell he keeps mentioning my name and I avoided TT for awhile because he kept...going. Nothing he mentioned in the TT thread ever made it to the shows because it wasn't part of teh shows. Once I actually engaged him in the trash talking (and it had nothing to do with any of ur actual storylines we had), it made sense to start a feud. Then and only then was it woven into the shows and it culminated with us having one, count en, ONE singles match...that wasn't even on a PPV.

But still, it can happen. Based solely off of trash talk. And Eddie's commitment to stalking me in every thread I went into. lol

i'm gonna assume though that while he was relentlessly pursuing and trash talking you he wasn't doing it to a billion other people as is the case with our TT here in FMW right now. By picking a single target and making it a consistent theme that is in effect building a storyline of itself and of course everyone who saw all that build up to actually bought into the feud and thats what made it "feud of the year"

Which is the point I was trying to make at the start. Our storylines don't get hyped properly.

While changing up the TT is a good start there is a lot more to it. Don't expect making 3 trash talk threads to fix everything if all we get is 3 seperate threads for people to try and out shoot each other. It's about the mindset and thinking is this trash talk a) relevant to me b)something the character I am trying to portray would say c)going to shit all over the work someone else is trying to do?
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:50 pm

The Celt wrote:
You know what might be cool also? On Ammo since they KO matches, once a few guys have done a couple of those match they should include their knock-outs in their intro

Example:

Buster Cherry: The following Ammunition versus Corruption match is scheduled for one fall, and is a Gold Card Gauntlet Qualifying Match! Introducing first from Dallas, Texas weighing 245 pounds, with a record of 5-6-0, 2 by way of Knock-out… representing the Ammunition brand…GABRIEL CROW!

We could do the same with submissions too, since we're MMA-like over there.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:54 pm

RCA wrote:
We could do the same with submissions too, since we're MMA-like over there.

Yeah actually that'd be quite cool.

Buster Cherry: The following Ammunition versus Corruption match is scheduled for one fall, and is a Gold Card Gauntlet Qualifying Match! Introducing first from Dallas, Texas weighing 245 pounds, with a record of 5-6-0, 2 by way of Knock-out, 2 by way of submission!… representing the Ammunition brand…GABRIEL CROW!

Back to top Go down
X

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Abel Steele wrote:
By picking a single target and making it a consistent theme that is in effect building a storyline of itself

Not really. He wanted a match, I ignored him for about 10 months (literally, never mentioned his existence) and finally after being bored one day, I responded to one of his posts. Couple of months later, a feud was finally born. Eddie shoved it down everyone's throat so it had to be done. He may have won (*cough* cheated) but I'm most proud of that one.

Does FMW do a lot of "shooting"? I'm seeing that word a lot in this thread. Once again, just trying to reacquaint myself with this place.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:10 pm

De's character Apathy started shooting on people, such me (like, by referring to Celt by real life name Aidan Browne, despite the fact I've never referenced Celt's "real name" ever in FMW) in places like the trash talking threads. Some people couldn't hack it, and started shooting themselves (talking about IC events with OOC overtures).

To be honest I don't mind one or two people shooting every now and again, but if people do it too often it gets out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2   The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Most Interesting Man in FMW - 11.2
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next