Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Shining Force 1/2 Thread

Go down 
+4
Kaoru
Alex O'Rion
The Returned
the nick bryson
8 posters
AuthorMessage
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

The Shining Force 1/2 Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:45 pm

For the people in the cool kids club to talk about their current escapades in Shining Force 1 and 2.

There are other SF games out there, like sword of hijya and shining in the darkness, but they dont count right now.

SF1:
Im about to enter battle with the lazer eye. Damn Zylo's been a waste. 48 XP, 39 from 1 kill and 9 from 1xp misses. What a douche. Promoted my guys, having to deal with their initial setback of "hey now that Im awesome, I'll just forget things" moments. Wastes.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: ...
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:51 pm

I'm rocking both right now. In SF 2 I have everyone at level 7 in the first battle, but I'm getting 1 xp per kill, so it's not worth it anymore. Time to move on.

In SF 1 I'm at the start of Chapter 3 - The first battle of Bustoke. I've been redoing it because the priests are brilliant for XP. Kill off the mages/archers/skeletons and surround the priests so they take damage then heal themselves. Easy way to get some quick XP. I have everyone on the team promoted, save for Amon and Diane, cuz they can just sit in the back and suck cock. Useless twats they is. After this battle I'll get Zylo and farm him for a bit until he's promoted then onward to glory.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:07 pm

Clarke wrote:
I'm rocking both right now. In SF 2 I have everyone at level 7 in the first battle, but I'm getting 1 xp per kill, so it's not worth it anymore. Time to move on.

In SF 1 I'm at the start of Chapter 3 - The first battle of Bustoke. I've been redoing it because the priests are brilliant for XP. Kill off the mages/archers/skeletons and surround the priests so they take damage then heal themselves. Easy way to get some quick XP. I have everyone on the team promoted, save for Amon and Diane, cuz they can just sit in the back and suck cock. Useless twats they is. After this battle I'll get Zylo and farm him for a bit until he's promoted then onward to glory.

That Bustoke battle is the best one to repeat because the dark elves give like 20xp just on a regular hit for a good few levels and the terrain is equal so nobody is stuck moving the minimum like in the forest battles. I also like repeating the army battle cause its in an open field, not to mention it gets the heat axes, which are a dream.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:17 pm

True enough. Uptil now it's been feedinf off Rune Nights and Ghouls to farm EXP. Other people need to get into this game more. All this talk is making want to bust out the Genisis and play the real thing.
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:18 pm

.....all this talk is making me re-install the SF2 emulator I had on the computer, damn you people and your destruction of my free time.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:21 pm

Damn straight you're going to reinstall it. And you love us.
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:24 pm

I do.

My fiance however is less than pleased.

But she doesn't understand the awesome that is Shining Force 2.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:33 pm

Just change Sheela's name to hers and she'll swoon.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:46 pm

The Shining Force 1/2 Thread Shining_Force_Hajya
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:56 pm

My brother and I used to play both of these religiously after school!! I think the ending on SF1 was a bit cheese worthy but awesome as hell games!!
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jaro
Championship: FMW Ultraviolent Championship

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:14 pm

The Shining Force 1/2 Thread 469432-jaro_large
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:26 pm

Jaro - Best Face turn in video game history.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:30 pm

does anyone know if they made these for XBOX?
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Axel_Van_Osbourne wrote:

Yeah, I have it. They're on the Sonics Ultimate Genesis collection, which is a great buy and should only be about 25 bucks. It has I think something like 50-60 games on it including Both Sf, Shining in the darkness, every sonic, altered beast, Phantasy Star games, etc, etc.

Also, Jaro:

The Shining Force 1/2 Thread Gofortheking
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:56 pm

the nick bryson wrote:
Axel_Van_Osbourne wrote:

Yeah, I have it. They're on the Sonics Ultimate Genesis collection, which is a great buy and should only be about 25 bucks. It has I think something like 50-60 games on it including Both Sf, Shining in the darkness, every sonic, altered beast, Phantasy Star games, etc, etc.

Also, Jaro:

The Shining Force 1/2 Thread Gofortheking

Very cool thanks bunches!!
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Since I've never heard of these games, someone define them and put them into a genre for me, pl0x.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:14 pm

What what what!?

These two (of the vast many that make up the "Shining" series) are tactics/strategy games. And we're talking way back too, like Sega Genisis.

Basically you are out to stop evil and as the game progresses you slowly build up your force of troops (there like 22 I think) On the field at a time you can have 12 troops against the often outnumbering enemies troops.

There have been many made in the Shining series, and Shining Force 1 was just remade for the GBA not to long ago (prior to DS I guess). Some are dungeon crawlers, others are action games, but the ones that take the cake are Shining Force 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:30 pm

Ewwwwwww, a turn based RPG?

I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:44 pm

Not turn based in the Final Fantasy sense of turn based, but yes. There's a board and you move your guys around. You can only deny the awesomeness for so long Sleg.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Eric Scorpio
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:40 am

The amount of evasive misses in Shining Force is beyond sickening.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:06 am

Blame Ken and Hans, they miss a lot. Far more frequently than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Eric Scorpio
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:50 am

Clarke wrote:
Blame Ken and Hans, they miss a lot. Far more frequently than anyone else.

I don't use either. They can suck a lemon lol.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:52 am

Good, no one should use them haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shining Force 1/2 Thread   The Shining Force 1/2 Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shining Force 1/2 Thread
Page 1 of 1