Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

January 4th Dicussion

Go down 
+9
Skyler Striker
The Celt
TJ Tilli
Jetstream
Omega
Rottata
Jeff
Kaoru
PX
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

January 4th Dicussion Empty
PostSubject: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Watching TNA iMPACT streaming, JEFF FUCKING HARDY Showed up! WTF?? in an epic botched match to start off, finish was badly messed up then Jeff jumped out and brawled with Homicide FOR NO REASON other than Homicide was being a jerk. Stayed tuned people! May update later
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Yeah that was kind of weird. Homicide did Homicide with his little police baton, which is always good. But as a whole the match was a hot mess. Main goal was Jeff Hardy getting introduced, so they did THAT...let's hope it gets better.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
FMW Corruption Ultraviolent Champion
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Beginning sucked. Badly. Hopefully, it gets better...but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:30 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

RIC FLAIR IN TNA!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:30 pm

WHOOOOOOOOOOO NAITCHA BOY.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Now X-Pac and Scott Hall have showed up on iMPACT!
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:58 pm

He comes out to nWo music? This could be bad...
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:14 pm

I don't like Jeff on TNA.

Bad move, son.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Bret and HBK hugged it out while Bishoff and hogan confronted Nash Hall and Pac, but I wasn't watching so i dont really know what was said

Impacts New Knockouts tag champs Hamada and Kong great match
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:32 pm

I MARK FOR VAL VENIS
I MARK FOR VAL VENIS
I MARK FOR VAL VENIS
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Oooooh Yeah! NASTY BOYS! BOO-YEAH!
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:42 pm

So glad I'm watching Raw. Miz, Maryse, and MVP are more win than anything I've heard going on in TNA.
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:46 pm

The fun part is that WWE isn't even trying that hard yet.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:50 pm

And now OJ is in town! I quite like Orlando and his haircut
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:35 pm

S.O.S. wrote:
So glad I'm watching Raw. Miz, Maryse, and MVP are more win than anything I've heard going on in TNA.

Yes, Miz, Maryse, and MVP are so much bigger than Hogan, Nash, Hall, Flair, the Nasty Boyz, Val Venis, Jeff Hardy, Shannon Moore, Orlando Jordan, the returning of Sting, Sean Waltman, and a World Heavyweight Title Match between Kurt Angle and AJ Styles.

Smart people go lulz.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:44 pm

One fed really reeks of utter desperation, and it's not the WWE.
Back to top Go down
Jetstream

Jetstream

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The X-Stream" Jetstream
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:51 pm

Honestly...who marked out for Hogan and Bischoff?

Anyone?

No one?

That's what I though...

Who marked out for Bret Hart

Anyone...yes you...you...you...you...you...

That's what I though...
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:56 pm

Romeo wrote:
One fed really reeks of utter desperation, and it's not the WWE.

Eh...I wouldn't say the E is slaughtering them in terms of entertainment value.

1) AJ/Angle is a money pairing. They're doing everything right now.
2) Seeing Hogan no-sell the outsiders was definitely a "moment".

The big problem is that they aren't using enough of their in-ring talent. There could have easily been a big-time tag match on this card, but MCMG were in that waste of an intro match, Beer Money got laid out backstage, and the Young Bucks are nowhere to be seen.

So really the shows have both sported big main events, and a battle royal....WWE had a good tag match, which TNA did not have (unless you count the Knockout tag team title match).

It's not a shutout.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:02 pm

Jetstream wrote:
Honestly...who marked out for Hogan and Bischoff?

Anyone?

No one?

That's what I though...

Who marked out for Bret Hart

Anyone...yes you...you...you...you...you...

That's what I though...

Did I mark for Hogan? No.

Did I mark for Bischoff? No.

Did I mark for actual wrestling and non leprechauns and body builders who can actually wrestle and not do shitty segments? Indeed.

One of these feds is putting on a show, and it isn't WWE.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:13 pm

What, am I REALLY the only person who marked out for Hogan turning down the Kliq?
Back to top Go down
TJ Tilli

TJ Tilli

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: TJ Tilli
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:41 pm

TNA wins.
Back to top Go down
http://tilliwrestlingfederation.wikia.com/
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Me and PX watched both shows simultaneously on streaming, with RAW getting the sound while TNA was mostly on mute after it's first hour.

The first hour of TNA was shocking for sure, but it's constant cuts to breaks and the botchamania locked match that was the X divisson really worked against the debuts.

Hour 2 of the night was RAW's. Bret and Shawn ran directly against Hogan and Bischoff and we went with Shawn Bret as we felt that was the more historic moment. The TNA knockouts in their tag match had 33x times a better match the RAW divas, making the barbie dolls look like they were wrestling in slo-mo. The Beaufil People thing had my eyes roll, dunno how others took it. DX vs Jerishow was a great match that beat out Wolfe vs Pope by a good bit.

Hour 3 was the craziest. Angle and Styles owned the fucking house with their match being considerably longer and better than Kofi-Orton. TNA's ME Angle was the nWo beating up Mick Foley with a possible Hogan turn. RAW's ME Angle was Vince and Bret confronting each other. It was pretty good angle that had the turn we all wanted to see happen. If I had to put TNA's last half hour vs RAW's, I say that I'd prefer what TNA did.

An amazing night for the industry, there's real electricity in air. People are/were more excited for this than anything in the last 10 years, maybe even including the return of ECW. Currently 411mania has crashed as thousands of people are looking for results...Glorious.

As to who won? Well...it's actually hard to say. RAW maybe, but not by much.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:46 pm

The Celt wrote:
Me and PX watched both shows simultaneously on streaming, with RAW getting the sound while TNA was mostly on mute after it's first hour.

The first hour of TNA was shocking for sure, but it's constant cuts to breaks and the botchamania locked match that was the X divisson really worked against the debuts.

Hour 2 of the night was RAW's. Bret and Shawn ran directly against Hogan and Bischoff and we went with Shawn Bret as we felt that was the more historic moment. The TNA knockouts in their tag match had 33x times a better match the RAW divas, making the barbie dolls look like they were wrestling in slo-mo. The Beaufil People thing had my eyes roll, dunno how others took it. DX vs Jerishow was a great match that beat out Wolfe vs Pope by a good bit.

Hour 3 was the craziest. Angle and Styles owned the fucking house with their match being considerably longer and better than Kofi-Orton. TNA's ME Angle was the nWo beating up Mick Foley with a possible Hogan turn. RAW's ME Angle was Vince and Bret confronting each other. It was pretty good angle that had the turn we all wanted to see happen. If I had to put TNA's last half hour vs RAW's, I say that I'd prefer what TNA did.

An amazing night for the industry, there's real electricity in air. People are/were more excited for this than anything in the last 10 years, maybe even including the return of ECW. Currently 411mania has crashed as thousands of people are looking for results...Glorious.

As to who won? Well...it's actually hard to say. RAW maybe, but not by much.

^^ This.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:57 pm

441 is back up and reminded me tonight we also had:

Mis being awesome
MVP No.1 condtender to the US title
The Returns of Sting and Double J
Bobby Lashley going heel for some reason (???)
Raven and Dr Stevie (with Daffney) vs Matt Morgan and Hernandez in the a candidate for shortest match of the year
Abyss vs Samoa Joe
DX and Hornswoggle fun
Jericho reminding Bret they were in the Dungeon together and Bret reminding Jericho he was the Dungeon's bitch. Also, A screwjob is shot down.
Nasty Boys wackyness (WTF for every segment they had)
Vince and Orton not liking each other
Evan Bourne being killed after shining dangerous against the Celtic God Sheamus

BTW, currently on 411 RAW has 14 comments....iMPACT has 183. Interesting

Anyways Tonight, 4th of January 2010 I know who had the biggest win of the decade...

The Fans.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:11 am

I don't think Bret and Shawn in the same ring is as historic as Hogan telling the cliq no, nor is it as historic as Hogan telling Jarrett he had to wrestle his way into a company he founded.

The Angle vs Styles match was a wrestling clinic, that is going to be the match of the year until they have another.

Bret and Shawn have history yes, but both have admitted they have moved on since then.

Not as shocking as Ric Flair and Jeff Hardy in TNA.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:07 am

TNA could've done better without bringing back all the washed-up dudes. They get a LOT of minus points from me because of that. They did bring in a LOT of has-beens.

Plus I think Jeff is now a legit dick for switching sides after all Vince has done for him.

Granted, I also thought WWE would be putting on a better show, but instead we get a run-of-the-mill RAW with a couple of good matches. At least one thing has been proven right; Vince wasn't panicking at all.

RAW wins, but yes, not by much. WWE will continue to win until TNA ever gets its act completely straight. Impact really did smell of desperation and that was plain as day and points have to be knocked off from them because of that.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:08 pm

The ratings are in:

TNA scored their biggest rating ever with a 1.5, which is a major success for them because it means not only did they bring their Thursday night audience over with them but they gained additional viewers.

Extra breakdown:

- TNA Impact drew a 1.5 rating with 2.2 million viewers, easily a new ratings record for TNA. Impact peaked with 2.9 million viewers for the 9PM to 9:15PM ET segment which featured Hulk Hogan. That segment went head to head with Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels on RAW. TNA's previous record high rating was a 1.33 with 1.97 million viewers, so last night's rating beat their record by over 200,000 viewers.

- RAW drew 5.6 million viewers, its highest viewership since August 24th (the night after Summerslam).

- The combined Monday night wrestling
audience of 7.7 million viewers is obviously the highest it has been in a very long time.

We will update this post as more ratings info comes in...

Credit: PWTorch
Back to top Go down
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Rep : -10

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Skyler Striker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:31 am

stl311 wrote:
I don't think Bret and Shawn in the same ring is as historic as Hogan telling the cliq no, nor is it as historic as Hogan telling Jarrett he had to wrestle his way into a company he founded.

Shocking? No. Awesome? Yes. Bret/Shawn was by far a greater moment than Hogan/anything.
Back to top Go down
Christian Moorebyss

Christian Moorebyss

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian Moore
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Ok so I have FINALLY had a good enough internet connection to watch Monday's TNA (will try and watch WWE tonight to completely catch up).

Now if you ignore all the cheap publicity on the parts of Hall, Waltman and The Nasty Boys I think it was one hell of a show. The matches were pure class, the fans were absolutely electric all night!

The match between AJ and Angle was nothing short of spectacular. That could well be an early contender for Match Of The Year in my opinion.

Oh and for those of you who think that Jeff Hardy is an asshole for going to TNA after everything the WWE did for him ... HE was the one who decided not to renew his contract because he didn't like the way he was being portrayed by WWE when they used his real life to further a storyline. Now let me ask you guys this, if it was you that was having your personal life splashed all over TV just for the sake of your bosses ratings wouldn't you be pissed off and wanna leave?

I personally think Jeff going back to TNA (especially with his little buddy Shannon there with him) will be the best thing for him. He'll have more time to himself between show tapings so he won't get burnt out and into trouble, which is what he needs.

I can't wait to see Shannon and Jeff in the No Limits X Divison against guys like The MCMG, Suicide, Homicide ... etc.

TNA has turned the corner and I hope they continue onwards and upwards to the very top.

Now to watch RAW.
Back to top Go down
Hostyle

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hostyle
Championship: FMW World Heavyweight Championship

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Coming from someone who has been on strike against both Raw and Impact! for a while now, I must say that overall, both shows were pretty decent. But the one thing that's evident is that I'm left feeling much more inclined to watching Raw again because of Bret, than I am w/ watching TNA again.

My Gripes:
-I've NEVER given a gangbanging fuck about Hogan (hate him as much as I do Fucknose), the Nasty Boys, nor Orlando Jordan, and I won't start now.
-I totally avoided that shithole stuffing DX segment. Fuckin' hope that HBK splits off soon.
-The constant commercial breaks for TNA were dickshit, and the time could've been used for non-clusterfuckish matches.
-The dopey backstage attacks better be going somewhere.
-Most of the matches for both shows were ho-hum.

My Likes:
-Jeff's appearances seriously shocked me. And good to see Sean Morley employed w/ TNA.
-Raw's intro had me on the edge of my bed!
-Kofi/RKO, Wolfe/Pope were decent. Good to see the Pope get some love. And regardless of the suckass result, the Unified Tag Title match was OK.
-The Knockout's Tag Title match was pretty damn good.
-Raw's ending, while just OK, has me intrigued.
-Styles/Angle was simply dopetastic!

So yeah, me thinks I'll be watching Raw again while Bret is still around. TNA still needs something more to hook me again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 4th Dicussion   January 4th Dicussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

January 4th Dicussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next