Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread

Go down 
+7
Dano
Abel Steele
Leon Caprice
Alex O'Rion
Kaoru
The Returned
Eric Scorpio
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TJ Tilli

TJ Tilli

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: TJ Tilli
Championship:

The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:23 am

Peter wrote:
TJ Tilli wrote:
Abel Steele wrote:

At this rate I will achieve my aim of running the city to surf fun run in Perth this year cheers cheers

Yeah, I've been running the 12km every year since I was 10. Try to keep up. cheers
Abel, I'll make it worth your while to kill Tilli while you're there.
Now that's not fair is it! What did I do?
Back to top Go down
http://tilliwrestlingfederation.wikia.com/
Dano

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Mick O'Connell
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Been really throwing down in the gym lately. Back into it big time. Really feeling my core strength on the up again and starting to feel like I was back in November.

I was 242lbs on the 1st of September and by the 1st of November I was 230lbs on the button. I'm around 232lbs now and want to get down to about 210-215 eventually.

Just wondering what kind of gym fees ye are paying? I'm only paying 149 euro for a years membership. It's pretty sweet. Gym isn't great but for that price it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Peter wrote:
TJ Tilli wrote:
Abel Steele wrote:

At this rate I will achieve my aim of running the city to surf fun run in Perth this year cheers cheers

Yeah, I've been running the 12km every year since I was 10. Try to keep up. cheers
Abel, I'll make it worth your while to kill Tilli while you're there.

I'm listening....
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Eric Scorpio
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:58 pm

I'm paying $30 every 2 weeks.

The gym is beyond awesome... however because of the distance I just don't go. I'm in the current process of getting what I need at home and dropping the membership all together (when I get back to work I wouldn't have time to go anyways.

Tomorrow, I got a new treadmill that i bought coming home. So I shouldn't have any excuses anymore. If the excuses still persists... than maybe I need some mental convincing help lol. Or someone to torture me badly that I will do anything to get away from that pain and workout lol.

EDIT: Is it wrong that I am watching Biggest Loser right while eating a bag of chips and a bottle of Pepsi? lol
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: ...
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Happens all the time to me. Mere and I will just be chilling out on the couch with some popcorn or something while it's on, give each other a shrug and keep going.

Congrats on the treadmill Scorps! So long as it isn't crazy noisy those things are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:01 pm

I've already got a treadmill at home, yet I find they are so hard to get onto in the morning, but I haven't found anything to keep me amused while on it, so for awhile I just started doing morning walks, taking different paths all the time and just doing the steps.

But who knows now, maybe I could play PS3 on the treadmill, or watch the CRICKET!!!
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Too friggin cold outside to run around.
Back to top Go down
Dano

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:05 am

I've actually developed amazing will power lately, I stick very tightly to my work out schedule because I know if I don't that I'll never get were I want to get.

It's not easy, and alot of the time it's not fun(negative fun sometimes)
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:44 pm

yeah, I can understand that.

Just finished bring home a new treadmill, so starting tomorrow watch out lol.

Would today, but i worked out enough carrying the damn thing from the store to here.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:07 am

Well this place is quiet.

Anyways, I have just bought P90X!!!

WOOHOO lol

So tomorrow, I rebegin my quest to shed this extra layer of clothing that I wear which is fat. I also bought a new scale as well, which is digital compared to my shitty ass analog one I've had for 10 years which never gave accurate weight measurement.

So I vow, today, February 18th, that I begin my new life... right after I finish my footlong subway sub =)

cheers
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:02 pm

I've started incorporating more hang cleans into my workout.

That shit hurts something awful the next day.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:27 am

P90X is tough... that is all lol. And no... I didn't finish day 1, though I suppose I could have if I had taken a 15 minute break before resuming. It will come though =) Plus it was 3 AM... that doesn't help.

So tomorrow... well later today sometime after I wake up no more screwing around, liek working out at 3 AM lol.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:53 pm

I have been contemplating joining a gym as I look as though I will give birth at any moment -- being that I have never seriously done a work out before should I find a trainer at said gym once I join? Is this wise?
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:21 pm

if you have absolutely no fundamentals on how to work out properly, then yes I would. Many years ago, I got a trainer 3 times a week for 3 months and it helped a lot on how to workout in the gym properly with every different way you can work out, be it free weights, to the standard machines, to other stuff.

I'd recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:37 pm

Eric Scorpio wrote:
if you have absolutely no fundamentals on how to work out properly, then yes I would. Many years ago, I got a trainer 3 times a week for 3 months and it helped a lot on how to workout in the gym properly with every different way you can work out, be it free weights, to the standard machines, to other stuff.

I'd recommend it.

Thanks! I have never touched a weight free or otherwise so I will hunt down a trainer once I sign up. I figured 3 or 4 times a week would be good until I can get in a pattern. Do I just tell them what I want out of the workout and they set me on a good pattern?
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:47 pm

They usually set up a pattern to what you want. If your primary focus is weight loss, or muscle gain, or endurance, they'll set up a routine accordingly.

NOw be forwarned lol. When I first inquired about a trainer, the head guy at the gym put me through the paces of a one hour workout and let's just say I nearly puked.

Now of course, I signed up, and the trainer I got was NOWHERE near as intense, which kind of sucked in a way. He still did teach me everything I needed to know and during my final week I even asked him on specific other workouts as well, specifically free weights.

Not saying this will happen to you, it was just the experience I got. Was still worth it, though I do wonder what I would have looked like had I got that same robust workout the head guy gave me throughout the whole time I had a trainer.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Thanks for all the advice -- I am going to look into a couple places on Monday -- Hopefully to start working out soon after
Back to top Go down
Dano

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:21 am

Down to a quite solid 230, I've put on a lot of muscle over the last few weeks and people have begun to notice my weight loss and improved fitness.

One of my best friends is a sports scientist and the two of us worked out a three day program for me which is working great. It's just broken down into a circuit, free weights and cardio. I FUCKING hate cardio with a passion, it's very boring.

You shouldn't be worried about going to a gym without ever having gone to one before, I did. I just started out on the treadmill and exercise bike for the first few weeks until I was confident enough to try some free weights and some of the machines.

I'll planning on really stepping up the intensity of my work out and I really want to down to about 215-220lbs before the summer.
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:13 pm

Well I figure this is as good a thread as any to put this. After I came back from the military when I hurt my knee I ended up getting up to close to 225 pounds, but after Rehab and now getting back into the gym for the last two months I've managed to get back down to a relatively lean 190 Lbs, now I just need to put on muscle to help even it out.

So my question, for someone not looking to lose weight anymore but to put on muscle, what kinds of exercises are best to do that?
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:46 pm

The best way that I know of (not sure of what your workout regime is) would be to lower the amount of reps you do, and increase the amount of weights.

So instead of struggling at 9-10 to do a 12 rep set, make sure you struggle at 7-8 to do a 10 rep set. Once your able to increase to 12 reps with the new weights, then do the same thing again, increase weight to fail earlier and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Dano

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:17 pm

I've been building up muscle like a mother lately. I'll post my routine tomorrow and I'll outline the tips that my friend gave me.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:34 am

I now have a new appreciation for people who do yoga.

Fucking shits hard!!!
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:20 am

joined the Y yesterday start a 14 week program today -- I hope this trainer is a good one!!!
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:54 pm

Eric Scorpio wrote:
I now have a new appreciation for people who do yoga.

Fucking shits hard!!!

I know eh? Gimme Plyometrics any day!

Also Avo, congrats dude, hope the trainer is both awesome and hot.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:47 am

The trainer wasn't in yesterday! GRRR! So evidently I start today -- I am itching to get going
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Just got my ass kicked by the gym.

10 k run
10 k bike ride
30 reps at 200 lbs for the leg press
200 side to sides (strengthening the side of my calves for hockey)

Legs...soo....dead.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:30 pm

QUICK!!! Get this guy a wheelchair!!!
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:27 am

Clarke wrote:
Just got my ass kicked by the gym.

10 k run
10 k bike ride
30 reps at 200 lbs for the leg press
200 side to sides (strengthening the side of my calves for hockey)

Legs...soo....dead.

My favorite leg exercise is the Bulgarian split squat.

http://www.fullfitness.net/exercises/legs/bulgarian-split-squat

Guaranteed to make you cry like a bitch after each set.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:12 am

Oh. Dear. God. That looks like it would be terribly uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:09 am

Couple weeks in alternating upper and lower body and cardio filling out the week... One day of rest....Trainier is kicking my butt but I feel awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread   The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Workout AKA Eric/Clarke/Dano/All Motivational Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2