Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Magic: the Gathering Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

The Magic: the Gathering Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Magic: the Gathering Thread   The Magic: the Gathering Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:08 am

At the expense of our e-creds.

I stopped playing last year because I hardly played much on MWS, plus random strangers online are generally assholes, not to mention I've been slightly turned off by the many rules and wording changes introduced with Zendikar block. I used to follow the professional metagame pretty closely, but now I'm a little out of the loop even though I keep up on the new sets coming out.

Und du?
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Rep : -10

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Skyler Striker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Magic: the Gathering Thread   The Magic: the Gathering Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:24 am

Started collecting around Mirrodin, went for the next four cycles up to Future Sight. Darksteel has been one of my favs.

Lots of good artifacts came from that era.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

PostSubject: Re: The Magic: the Gathering Thread   The Magic: the Gathering Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:00 am

Well I started back in Onslaught, and as a sign my first deck was the Zombies Unleashed deck. To this day I still think that Onslaught & Legions + maybe Scourge are the best sets.

Since starting I've bought more cards & decks, customized already made decks and created some scary combinations, however the one thing that has always been a priority, is keeping the Zombie deck to an unbeatable state.

With that Black decks are my forte, death spells, revials and some nice multi-creature powerups are all in the works.

And its just not me into this. My sister & brother have their own decks and Skyler lives only across the road so competition is always fierce.

But as of now, seems the talk of Magic started something and its come back a bit. Had a few games and I had my first look on the net at the most recent decks (www.magicthegathering.com). And some of these decks are OVERKILL, so with christmas so close, I think I wouldn't be far off if either my brother or sister buy me a deck...

So it seems like Magic is back again, time to dust off some of the cards again.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Magic: the Gathering Thread   The Magic: the Gathering Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:17 am

I don't really think they're overkill, I just think they're played in a format you're not really used to yourself.

If I am to play Magic again, it's only probably going to be online, via Apprentice or MWS. If anyone's interested, maybe we can get something going.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The Magic: the Gathering Thread   The Magic: the Gathering Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:21 am

I saw a couple of decks: Angelic vs Demonic I think, and they each had like 5 rares in the decks... probably not mainstream editions though. It had Onslaughts Akarna, the white 7/7 Angel.

But I've never done it online...link?
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Magic: the Gathering Thread   The Magic: the Gathering Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:34 am

Oh, they're the new theme decks, usually just for nostalgia, casual purposes.

The original Apprentice is no longer officially supported, but they're starting up Apprentice 2, which is still in beta, therefore I don't trust it. The only other option is Magic Workstation, which is a little complicated to set up in the beginning, but after that it'll be smooth.

You can get it here: http://www.magicworkstation.com/
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

PostSubject: Re: The Magic: the Gathering Thread   The Magic: the Gathering Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:59 pm

I haven't looked at the link yet since I'm on the fiancee's computer meaning I cannot download anything but if I don't have to actually pay for the cards on that game then I am in. I play a lot on the X-Box 360 game and used to play in real life a good bit a couple years back since my roommates and a lot of people we worked with were into it.

So yeah, if I can do it for free you are all about to see what my red deck is all about; I used to pack the sickest direct damage deck in town.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The Magic: the Gathering Thread   The Magic: the Gathering Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:01 pm

I HATE Red decks...with a passion. Nothing kills a zombie quicker than a 1 red mana SHOCK. Allways my downfall.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Magic: the Gathering Thread   The Magic: the Gathering Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Headbanger wrote:
So yeah, if I can do it for free you are all about to see what my red deck is all about; I used to pack the sickest direct damage deck in town.

So did I. afro
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Magic: the Gathering Thread   The Magic: the Gathering Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:47 pm

http://mtgsalvation.com/rise-of-the-eldrazi-spoiler.html#4154

I like this set a lot. Hell, I like this entire block so much.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Magic: the Gathering Thread   The Magic: the Gathering Thread I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Rep : -10

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Skyler Striker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The Magic: the Gathering Thread   The Magic: the Gathering Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:28 am

OMG MIRRODIN ZOMG.

My first ever Magic deck was one of the first Mirrodin block decks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Magic: the Gathering Thread   The Magic: the Gathering Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Magic: the Gathering Thread
Page 1 of 1