Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comics Thread

Go down 
+7
Drew Michaels
Alex O'Rion
Rottata
The Celt
Vincent Van Rose
Damien
Jet
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jet

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:37 am

Blackest Night is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Damien
FMW World Tag Team Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:04 pm

^^^^^^^this.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Blackest Night #6 leaked last week.
If you haven't read it yet, you're in for an amazing, and bumpy ride.
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:40 pm

I'm getting it next time i go to my comic shop.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:51 pm

I am gonna have to pick this up I may wait for the Trade
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:28 am

I've been reading a lot of Y:The Last Man recently...it's fun read.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:57 am

The Celt wrote:
I've been reading a lot of Y:The Last Man recently...it's fun read.

They are making a movie of Y and the main character is gonna be played by Shia Transformer Guy Lebof

I go to a website called Comicbookmovie.com its awesome
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:00 pm

Shia Lebouef (or however you spell his damn name) would be pretty good as Yorick. I'm gonna be pissed if they cut out all the good parts.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:53 pm

Actually I heard he declined the role because he felt Yorick is too similar to Sam Witwicky in Transformers
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:23 pm

The Celt wrote:
Actually I heard he declined the role because he felt Yorick is too similar to Sam Witwicky in Transformers

That would make sense I guess, while we are on the casting topic who do you think should play Captain America. My vote is Sam Worthington even though he is Australian I think he would rock. Or Chris Pine maybe
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Celt, if you don't make your sig smaller I will spoil the ending of Y for you. lololol

As for that question... Sam Worthington has a horrible American accent, as heard on Avatar. Slips a lot. Chris Pine is a little too small and looks too young to be Cap.

Also, I heard the director for Y wants Alicia Keys as 355. If that means getting her naked, then I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:43 pm

Romeo wrote:
Also, I heard the director for Y wants Alicia Keys as 355. If that means getting her naked, then I'm all for it.

This, I don't care if it doesn't add much to the discussion, but not showing my support for this would be criminal.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:34 pm

There Moran, you owe me one on the sigs.

Alicia Keys would be cool as 355 if she could get her badass on. Although if the movie is only based on the first 14 issues I don't see her fulfilling your fantasies guys.

I also forgot to mention I read a bit of Sandman (of the Vertigo kind) and I felt it's as clever as people say it is, but I've not quite as gripped to it as other comics.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:49 pm

The Celt wrote:
There Moran, you owe me one on the sigs.

Alicia Keys would be cool as 355 if she could get her badass on. Although if the movie is only based on the first 14 issues I don't see her fulfilling your fantasies guys.

It says they're probably going to do it as a trilogy. If the filmmakers are willing to make it as uncut as possible... then I am willing to wait as long as this is happening.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:15 pm

I Y: The Last Man could be money as a film, because it'd get over just based on it's gimmick...like people would instantly know that you wouldn't have to be a fan of the comics to enjoy it. I think a trilogy would work if you spaced them out a bit...if they were all done instantly one after another I'm not sure people would be into it as much

EDIT: Finished reading Y....Brian K. Vaughan is a cruel man.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:56 am

Romeo wrote:
Celt, if you don't make your sig smaller I will spoil the ending of Y for you. lololol

As for that question... Sam Worthington has a horrible American accent, as heard on Avatar. Slips a lot. Chris Pine is a little too small and looks too young to be Cap.

At the beginning of the movie Cap is small and young its not til the super solider serum that he got bigger. Pine could be a good Bucky/Winter Solider. I thought of a few more guys that would be good. The guy that plays Dinozzo on NCIS, The lead actor in Burn Notice, and Billy Zane!!!
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:03 am

Axel_Van_Osbourne wrote:
At the beginning of the movie Cap is small and young its not til the super solider serum that he got bigger. Pine could be a good Bucky/Winter Solider. I thought of a few more guys that would be good. The guy that plays Dinozzo on NCIS, The lead actor in Burn Notice, and Billy Zane!!!

Please: 1) you're gonna need someone with star power, 2) Jeffrey Donovan doesn't look as American as Cap does, and 3) Billy Zane hasn't been relevant since... what, Titanic?.

Brad Pitt is my pick for Steve Rogers.
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:40 pm

My choice for Steve Rogers?

Comics Thread Matt_damon

Matt fucking Damon. Dye his hair blonde like in Invictus and we have ourselves a Super-Soldier with the star power to hang with Downey and Norton.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Romeo wrote:
Axel_Van_Osbourne wrote:

Please: 1) you're gonna need someone with star power, 2) Jeffrey Donovan doesn't look as American as Cap does, and 3) Billy Zane hasn't been relevant since... what, Titanic?.

Brad Pitt is my pick for Steve Rogers.

They are having RDJ be the star power in Avengers -- Thor has be cast as a reletive unknown and I think Cap should be some maybe midcard. I don't think Brad Pitt is a big enough man's man. I would say John Cena but his acting is soooo stilted. How about giving Tom Cruise his shot back at the big time. He wanted Iron Man back in the day-- Give him Cap.
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Wrestler Profile

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:00 pm

No, just no. If they give it to Tom Cruise I will literally boycott this movie. The guy isn't big enough or sane enough to be America's greatest hero.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Eck, the idea of Tom Cruise as a super-hero...hell as an actor; I've just totally turned off on the guy in the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Headbanger wrote:
My choice for Steve Rogers?

Comics Thread Matt_damon

Matt fucking Damon. Dye his hair blonde like in Invictus and we have ourselves a Super-Soldier with the star power to hang with Downey and Norton.

That was my other pick.

Brad Pitt is big enough. And if he isn't, it's not like he can't be.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:27 am

In the grand scheme of things, I found Y to be something I was deeply enamored with while reading, but ultimately forgot about a week after finishing. Like most of Brian K's work, it just had absolutely no resonance for me aside from face value. To me, I find him to be somewhat lacking as a writer - there's just something to stop his ideas from really taking off. And anyway, most of his stuff gets shat on by similar series', We3 > Pride of Baghdad and as far as Y goes, as the 'cross country road trip with sci-fi undertones,' I would compare it dis-favorably to most of the other stuff Vertigo puts out.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:05 pm

This just in on the Captain America front from Comicbookmovie.com:

Top Three Contenders for Captain America Revealed?
A supposedly trusted source has pointing out three contenders Marvel Studios is considering for the lead role in The First Avenger: Captain America. Follow the jump to see who they are. . .

According to BigShinyRobot.com, their reliable source in the Paramount/Marvel confirmed that the studio is indeed only considering unknowns/television actors to portray Captain America on the big screen.

"Apparently, when the script came in with World War II sequences (featuring the Invaders), the studio heads decided it was beyond their means to make this movie AND afford A-listers like Brad Pitt and Matt Damon."

The source, who remains unnamed, specifically pointed out Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill), Ryan McPartlin (Chuck) and Jensen Ackles (Supernatural) as being top choices.
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Of those three, I throw my support behind Jensen Ackles. Chad Michael Murray is fail and Ryan McPartlin could work but my personal preference is Ackles.
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Wrestler Profile

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:31 pm

Headbanger wrote:
Of those three, I throw my support behind Jensen Ackles. Chad Michael Murray is fail and Ryan McPartlin could work but my personal preference is Ackles.

Ackles has shown range in the show Supernatural I think could translate well on the big screen. Of the three he's easily the better choice.
Back to top Go down
Mark Johansson

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Mark Johansson
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:14 am

Axel_Van_Osbourne wrote:
How about giving Tom Cruise his shot back at the big time. He wanted Iron Man back in the day-- Give him Cap.

Tom Cruise is like 5 foot tall no way he can be a super hero, maybe a villian with a severe case of napoleon complex.

I would be for a Brad Pitt though, he can be quite big and if not that dude is toned, see Snatch to know what im talking about.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:48 am

Peter wrote:
In the grand scheme of things, I found Y to be something I was deeply enamored with while reading, but ultimately forgot about a week after finishing. Like most of Brian K's work, it just had absolutely no resonance for me aside from face value. To me, I find him to be somewhat lacking as a writer - there's just something to stop his ideas from really taking off. And anyway, most of his stuff gets shat on by similar series', We3 > Pride of Baghdad and as far as Y goes, as the 'cross country road trip with sci-fi undertones,' I would compare it dis-favorably to most of the other stuff Vertigo puts out.

I don't know, Y got me from #1 to it's final issue which isn't a bad job. To be honest it's start was better than it's finish (in fact I'd go so far as to said I'd have done a different ending had I wrote it) but I think the general writing was good. I mean, there were definite moments in it where I was really into it, and also moments that made me think. It's funny, in life I support women's right, but in Y I definitely found myself calling out "bitch" at the some of the villians alot Smile I mean I hated the Amazons and Alter, the head of the Israeli army, but in the good, effective heel way.

I think maybe when the story left America it started losing it's strength. I think I preferred the world is fucked vibe that America had in Y to the countries like Japan where things were pretty much fine.

Anyways, now that I'm done with Y, anyone want to suggest a comic to me? Something non-superhero-ish, and not Preacher, A History of Violence or 100 bullets (checked them out but I don't think they're for me). American Virgin I'm tempted to read, haven't decided yet. NYX I've had on my mind for a while, certainly X-23 in that looks good, but I'm not sold on the other characters in it. Not Runaways either. Something on law or anti-law might peak my interest (I'm so transparent on that), but not a detective thing or anything CSI-like (CSI ruined the entire crime drama mainstream genre...how that took off against The Wire is a mystery).

DMZ looks very cool, I like the premise a lot. If someone says go for it I might jump. Same with Transmetropolitan.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:11 am

Headbanger wrote:

I have been watching Chuck lately and the past couple weeks when McPartlin had to do action stuff he wasn't half bad, but I still support Ackles. There was a huge fan ground swell for Ackles on the site I got that info from.
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:17 pm

From what I've heard, Ryan Reynolds is set to play Green Lantern in 2011. Any comments?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comics Thread   Comics Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comics Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next