Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW WFL Draft Recap!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

FMW WFL Draft Recap! Empty
PostSubject: FMW WFL Draft Recap!   FMW WFL Draft Recap! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:38 am

The Inagural FMW WFL Draft went off LIVE without a hitch as our participants typed, texted, and phoned in their picks.

The new rules for FMW WFL were also laid out in the chat:
1) Rosters are limited to FOUR people
2) Positions are SuperStar, Jobber, HOT, and Cold.
3) Points are as follows:
3.1) Appearances are worth +2
3.2) SuperStar is worth +5 for a win, -5 for a loss.
3.3) Jobber is worth -5 for a win, +5 for a loss.
3.4) HOT is worth +10 for a win, -10 for a loss.
3.5) COLD is worth -10 for a win, +10 for a loss.
3.6) Title wins are worth an additional 5 (+5) for HOT and SuperStar positions. Title losses are worth an additional 5 (+5) for COLD and Jobber positions. Successful defences are worth an additional 2 (+2).

With PX being unable to show up to the Draft and unable to send in a Pre-Draft ranking sheet he was instead delegated to the last pick of every round and autodrafted the best overall pick available.

These are the rosters following our 4 round draft!

Team Leon - Chris Austin, Faith, Damien Inferno, Osiris
DRAFT GRADE - B-
Having the first pick in the Draft is often a bonus and Leon didnt miss out. With a few possible #1 picks, Leon picked the man who was voted FMW Superstar of the Year in Chris Austin. Not to mention he has three other roster members who appear frequently in Faith, Osiris, and Inferno, though the only one that is currently 'regular' is Inferno, as Faith is normally not in matches and Osiris is still very new to FMW.

Team Edible - Drew Michaels, Trey Spruance, John Derrick, Mark Johannson
Draft Grade - B-
With the second pick in the draft, Edible selected the man who is the perennial face of FMW, Drew Michaels, who will be his biggest point winner. He took a gamble with veterans Mark Johannson and John Derrick, though should both of them return to form will hit their stride and should get Edible lots of points.

Butters - Nick Bryson, Nicholas Gray, Seth Omega, Seth Rotunda
Draft Grade - B
Butters got the STEAL of the draft with Nick Bryson at 3. Just kidding, but butters does have a very succesful top two picks, with Bryson having a lot of momentum in FMW right now and Gray getting a lot of exposure in his storyline with GSW. Rotunda is a solid rookie who has yet to miss a match and his only shaky pick is Omega, who isn't able to be booked currently, but when he is here is a good presence.

Austin - David GS, Matt Ashburn, Matt Dunn, Slegna
Draft Grade - B+
Austin's picks werent the conventional 'top card' guys, but his first two picks are both people pegged as the next big things. David GS is a former TV champion and last years FMW Rookie of the Year. Ashburn is the current TV champion and potentially FMW's NEXT rookie of the year. Dunn has also yet to miss a match and has been winning often this past cycle. Slegna, who just came back, is his only pick that is shaky.

Romeo - Harlequin, Eastwood, Starchild, War Machine
Draft Grade - C+
Having a sandwich pick can often be difficult, but Romeo was smart in nabbing Harlequin, who is clearly one of the most dominant forces in FMW. Eastwood is another solid pickup, as he is consistently around title scenes, but Starchild has yet to be booked, though War Machine is a consistent veteran presence for his team.

Nick2 - Smitten, Apostasy, Crusoe, Oulaw John Andrews
Draft Grade - A
Nick2 might arguably have the best team coming out of the draft. Smitten and Apostasy both are strong champions while Crusoe is a points machine, appearing almost every time GSW is on screen. Outlaw John Andrews is another rookie who has yet to get his footing in, but has contended for the TV title and does have some victories under his belt.

Az Real - Mass Caesar, Leviticus, Action Jackson, Veronica Cherrywood
Draft Grade - C+
While Veronica Cherrywood is a solid points generator, having 2 NPCs might be more harmful than helpful to Az Real. Caesar, however, is a solid veteran competitor who seems to be moving up the card recently and Leviticus is the most visible member of GSW and potentially that stables biggest point generator.

Nick1 - Stormmaster, Son of Shark Boy, Christian Parkes, Sheila Blidge
Draft Grade - B-
Son of Shark Boy is a dark horse contender for Rookie of the Year, should he continue to win the way he is. Shiela Blidge will get points like Veronica, but STORMMASTER just changed characters and may take some time to catch on, even though he has won a handful of matches this past cycle. Christian Parkes has the potential to be a homerun pick, so this team is solid if nothing else.

STORMMASTER - Frost, Abel Steele, Butters, Jonathan King
Draft Grade - C+
STORMMASTER's team has some big name presense, with Hannibal AND Abel Steele, but Hannibal struggled this past cycle and could be questionable. Butters is very hit or miss, as well as King in GSW, so those two picks are very boom or bust choices. Ultimately this team can score Stormmaster dozens of points or lose big.

PX - The Celt, Leon Caprice, Tyrant, Anwyl
Draft Grade - B
Surprisingly PX still walked out of the draft with a decent team. The Celt is current UV champion with a lot of momentum behind him and Leon has just won 3 matches this past cycle, both men being in SoA will help his point total too. Tyrant is a questionmark as of recent and Anwyl still has yet to find his footing, though he recently won on the preshow. All in all this is a team PX should be happy with.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

FMW WFL Draft Recap! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW WFL Draft Recap!   FMW WFL Draft Recap! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 6:42 pm

My Apologies Nick for not sending a list in, and thank you for including me despite that, I have no qualms with what happened since it was me at fault. All i know is that I'd have picked Drew first, dunno where i'd have gone from there. No complaints with the team, it's pretty boss, all things considered.
Back to top Go down

FMW WFL Draft Recap!
Page 1 of 1