Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW OOC Thread

Go down 
+58
Jaro Classic
Cactus Sam
The Natural Born Thriller
CarnageKing
Easy
Devilb0y
Vendetta
Shock
Braxton
Antonio_G
Skyler Striker
John Andrews
ASL
Storm183
Runihura
Loins
PBrooks
Wearedoomed
smonroe
Seanawott
John Derrick
The Jackal
Ryu Quinn
Pissant
Ripper
Ashburn
Damien
Drew Michaels
TyranT
Abel Steele
The Returned
Easty
Bobino
MASS Caesar
X
David GS
the nick bryson
Artemis
Drake Parker
The Dude
MPD
Leon Caprice
Hannibal Frost
Leviticastform
iDeAndes
cYnical
RCA
PX
Rottata
Nicholas Gray
The Celt
Jeff
Omega
Mark Johansson
Slegna
Anwyl
Tromboner Man
Edible14
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jaro
Championship: FMW Ultraviolent Championship

FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:15 am

Revenge of the Robb II: Electric Boogaloo
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com
Easty

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Seanawott wrote:

This motherfucker copied my video promo style.

Dramatic buildup to the revealing of who it is.

Sub par, B movie dialogue.

Guy who had very high expectations from everybody, but fizzled into nothingness, then left one fed to join another one (although, people actually heard of the one I joined. You know. Here.), then does video promos.

Fuck you, John Morrison.

I'm from Preston.
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Apostasy
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Since me and Bryson are no longer admins (and I sort-of understand why that is), or mods... who is right now? Are you the only one with admin access now?
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jaro
Championship: FMW Ultraviolent Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:46 pm

To be honest I didn't de-admin or de-mod anyone, I just restored the forum back to about a week ago so I'm not sure why that happened.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com
Antonio_G
FMW Abandoned Champion
FMW Abandoned Champion

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Antonio Grimelli
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Is any help needed with getting Corruption out?
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:40 pm

Corruption, from what I understand, shall be out tonight. REGARDLESS of whether it is or isn't, Catalyst's Voting and Promo thread will be up. We're making a few last-minute tweaks and contacting a few people (Morpheus to the white courtesy phone...), but it's going up before I fuck off for the week and have to do that silly "spending 12 hours a day at my job" thing until next Monday. The reason I post this here is to make an announcement, and sort-of clarify something odd that will be on that VP thread.

Starting this show, I will be instituting an open promo period. This means that even if you aren't officially put on the card, we'll find a way to book you if you write a promo in the timeframe of the VP period. This could be something like you replacing a no-showing person (say... Apostasy no-shows the Corruption UV title match... then whoever has promoed and we feel has earned the chance will get his shot instead). This could simply be you squashing The Mystery Opponent (as I brought that character in specifically to act as a NPC jobber). It could be that you set up an awesome match with a similarly non-booked person through trash talking, and we'll make it into a match. Placement on said cards will be decided by me, based on what logically best fits based on your alignment, who you've feuded with, etc. It will be very difficult to win this way, since you won't be getting any vote scores.

In the above example, let's say... Sixx comes in and promos and is given the CUV shot. He gets a promo score, but Whitt still has the massive voting advantage of being the only person in his match to actually show up. The reason being is that it would be unfair for Whitt to suddenly have a 4.0 promo thrust on him if he was expecting to be running against a no-show. So he keeps his voting score. Another way that this could create outrage is if, say... Tyrant came back and posted a 4.7 promo. Tyrant wouldn't be given that shot because... he's a heel, he's well past the UV division at this point, and there's more interesting things to do with him... but I don't want this to turn into accusations that the booking is rigged to give certain people title shots they haven't earned. In a sense, such a match isn't really a fair-fight "title shot", but it is an opportunity to see your character utilized and perhaps grow some feuds.

The purpose is to cut down on no-show matches, and make it so that people aren't going half a year between appearances if they don't want to. I will do my best to make sure
Back to top Go down
Shock

Shock

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kuruk
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:08 pm

I really didn't want to do this, and I really can't stand that I'm going to lose my first title this way, but I can't promo in time. I simply have been so busy and I started writing it today and I just don't have the energy nor the thought processing to finish it in time. I'm sorry, Sharpedo and Antonio, and I just hope that, if I can get my rematch, I'll be able to push out one of my best promos I ever have.

I'm sorry for letting you guys down, but I won't be leaving. Regardless of how busy I get, I won't give up. I'll be around for my next match, you can bet on it. Again, super sorry.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Rep : -10

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Skyler Striker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:57 am

My promo will be coming within a few hours - I've had trouble getting free time this week as I've just gone back to work and have worked sixty+ hours.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:30 am

In reference to Catalyst
Not to knock the promo done, but Sage and Santana Braxton missed a good opportunity for a funny promo: hot wrestling twins attending a wrestling convention had "and hilarity ensures" all over it via neckbeard fans.

LMAO'ing at that the first RCA promo I peek at for a while and it's contains Austin getting into it with some chick. Vintage.

Seeing Seth Rotunda in the main event and pulling a ME level promos is pretty trippy.
Back to top Go down
Damien
FMW World Tag Team Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:41 pm

CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sixxisking

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alexis Machine
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Guys, I'm very sorry that I have been MIA lately. My activity will be up now, as I am now caught up with work after my vacation, and have dealt with the other real life issues that were effecting my free time. Once again, I sincerely apologize, and look forward to working with the people I don't know, as well as those I know from elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
PBrooks

PBrooks

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Paul Brooks
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 11:19 pm

sixxisking wrote:
Guys, I'm very sorry that I have been MIA lately. My activity will be up now, as I am now caught up with work after my vacation, and have dealt with the other real life issues that were effecting my free time. Once again, I sincerely apologize, and look forward to working with the people I don't know, as well as those I know from elsewhere.

What up Dirty Sanchez!
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 am

sixxisking wrote:

If this were facebook I'd like the fuck out of this.
Back to top Go down
sixxisking

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alexis Machine
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 2:44 am

I know I'm new around here, and if I am stepping over the line is asking this, I sincerely apologize... Why is this place so dead? I'm a big supporter of Trash Talk, and it just seems like not a lot of it goes on around here. Is it the nature of the fed, or are we just in a really slow period at the moment? Anyways, like I said, sorry if asking was out of line, but if there is anything I can do to help out, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:12 pm

The Celt wrote:

LMAO'ing at that the first RCA promo I peek at for a while and it's contains Austin getting into it with some chick. Vintage.

You never know when some of the old guard peeks in. Gotta let them know that not everything has changed.
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 am

You ever get the feeling that you're fighting a battle that nobody else cares about anymore? That's kind-of been the sinking feeling I've been getting lately.

I'm not writing up a show for Ammunition. There's realistically nothing interesting to do anyway. Only two promos came before the deadline, and even those were entirely half-assed (as were the ones done after the deadline, incidentally). It would be squash matches decided entirely by votes. I might write up a short little results thing, similar to those recaps you see online of shows you've missed. If nobody else is willing to put up the effort, if nobody is reading the results... what point is there to me banging on?

I've been saying for awhile that I'd like to step aside. I haven't believed that anyone here is really ready to do what I've been doing, and that goes doubly now that the fed is running down even further. The SPUNK incident probably hurt membership a bit, but slow turnaround can't be understated as the cause of all of this. And part of that is certainly my fault. Some of that is certainly Nick Bryson's fault. And some of that is the fault of everyone here who continue to be apathetic about this place.

It's tempting to point fingers. Chris Austin and Nick Bryson know that I've had quite a few people around here who I've had gripes about, but I don't really feel it's a good idea just to air grievances. We've done that enough. Nothing good comes of that. Just more people turned away, more distractions that postpone shows, and the fed decays even further. Some people have suggested that Bryson (and, by extension, me) being out of power would be some sort of cure. I disagree, because I fail to see who would be doing the writing in those scenarios. But honestly I'm out of solutions.

More than anything, I'm just not enjoying this anymore. I enjoy writing promos and I was hoping to get a feud in with Drew (assuming he actually makes a comeback, but I'm thinking with a baby on the way he's likely more busy than when we initially planned that angle with him and GSW. So... maybe not so much). And I actually enjoy writing matches. What I haven't enjoyed is talking to people who endlessly bitch about every little thing, watching shows go up with zero comments or reaction, watching some truly awesome performances go completely unnoticed and watching people just dessert this place time and time again.

Again, it's tempting to point fingers, call out a few select people and generally vent. But I think I'd rather remain positive. Some things that shouldn't be overlooked:

-Nick2 has been a great staffer. He asked for some time off recently (hence the injury angle), but honestly I don't blame him and whatever he does e-fed wise he's going to be great. I honestly wanted to put him in the C4 title hunt as soon as he was done with those tag belts.
-Braxton/Noah has been a great surprise. I'd argue he/she (depending on if you're going by character or writer) has been a top 5 performer in just about every show they've been in since their second or third outing. They also wrote the best damn match on Catalyst.
-Seth Rotunda deserves immense props for the way he has stepped up. He is the goods, and Bryson was absolutely right to tag him as a main eventer for us.
-Chris Austin probably has as much passion for this place as anyone not currently a head writer. I don't agree with everything the guys says/does/feels, and he certainly hasn't made my job easy at times. But the guy is a talented writer who has stuck by here no matter what. The fact that he is now basically abandoning ship is what makes me want to do the same.
-Outlaw John Andrews is a pleasure to work with, has been getting better by leaps and bounds, and is generally one of the most solid guys on the blue brand.
-Skyler has been honest from the start about his lack of ability to do staff. He's missed a couple of shows, and been late for a couple more. But he's a guy that still wanted to be here, and was really receptive to the ideas I had for him.
-I haven't worked with these guys directly, but from the stories I hear from Bryson they're all fantastic guys to work with. These guys have the right attitudes towards just about everything, and they are appreciated immensely: Damien, Butters/Bobino, DGS, Ashburn, Grimelli, Prideman, Sharky, Stormmaster, Kuruk, and probably a bunch more that I'm forgetting.

At this point I'm pretty much convinced that we're going to be doing something drastic. That might be closing FMW (it's been discussed). That might be simply me quitting and letting someone else try their hand at bringing things back. That might be something like condensing to one brand, cutting a bunch of titles and only running shows for the few of you left who still want to participate. I kind of don't want to quit on those of you who honestly deserve to see some of your hard work rewarded.

A big part of the problem is that I'm not online much with my job (during normal hours anyway), and Bryson is sort-of the same way. FMW thrived when there was a sense of community, when guys would actually be chatting with each other online about things. I've said since the start that it's not my forte (Bryson is much better in this regard), and I think that's my biggest failing for you guys. If someone new is coming in to help run things, then they need to be the type that starts chats with everyone on AIM, constantly hounds other fed members via facebook, pm and IM. This is the part where I'm supposed to say "I'm sorry, I'll try to work on it", but to be honest that would be a lie.

If anyone's got a bright idea, now's the time to share.
Back to top Go down
Antonio_G
FMW Abandoned Champion
FMW Abandoned Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Antonio Grimelli
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 7:38 am

I'll hold my hands up and say my latest promo was completely half assed, but that was because I didn't see much need to produce anything other than average. Bad attitude, but unfortunately it's what the slow turnover, non-existant TT and minimal interaction with other people breeds.

It'd be an awful pity to see this thing go south when it's had a such rich history and so many people have enjoyed putting their time into it.

Timing is a bitch too, this is the most difficult time of the year to get anything going...in work...socially...anything. There are so many distractions that pinning down people to give a hand unless they are completely intertwined with things will be nigh impossible.

In my opinion, and this is of someone who is probably one of the newest to the fed, you need to find out who wants to keep this thing going. Send PM's, ask them if their wiling to commit and make things entertaining again. Realistically you're probably going to have to take this down to one show. But, with there only being one show, maybe there'll be a quicker turn over...which in turn will keep people more active, more involved, increase enjoyment etc.

I'm happy to keep firing idea's back and forth. Reboot, revamp, whatever you decide on...I'm on board.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:53 pm

Lack of communication has killed this place.

That is not just on booking/staffing issues although that is a part of it. More importantly is the AIM chats have stopped. The banter in the TT and OOC threads is dead.

That is simply due to the lower membership. While I think we've got some good new talent coming through we have lost the old experienced guys that are/were the heart & soul of this place at a much faster rate.

When you or Nick go out of action now there is no one with the experience to really left step into the shoes and take up the slack.

I love FMW. Quitting this place was a hard call but eventually I got tired of others letting me down, which in turn was making me more apathetic and I was letting people down on the other end. I hated that most of all.

I'm not sure the solution. Shut down seems the easy option and just try to make sure you get everyone hooked up somewhere else (LPW I assume). I'd hate to see that myself.

I think you are right that 1 show is the way to go. I think really you should bring in a brand new HW. I think you and Nick should remain as key staff, probably as bookers as you guys know what the go is there. But I believe you need to let someone who is keen and will chase people up take the reins out front.

I also think with current numbers 1 show & 2 (maybe 3) belts is about all you could run with. I remember earning my first title shot vs Drew many years ago. I was proud as punch. At the moment getting a title shot is just so obtainable that it has lost any sense of achievement that should go with it . Not sure how you would decide which belts to drop when they all have such history though.

In the end I'm not sure what the answer is but after turnout for the last two shows something drastic is needed. I know I for one would likely make a come back if the place was up and about again. Maybe that's wrong and I should push up at the low point but I just know I'd end up dissapointed and/or dissapointing others.
Back to top Go down
The Dude

The Dude

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Trey Spruance
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Hey guys.

Just dropping by to say that I've promoed for corruption even if it is too late. I didn't see the thread untill today anyway. I rarely check here anymore which is a shame because I totally missed this.

Glad it's still going though. I hope FMW continues into the future.
Back to top Go down
PBrooks

PBrooks

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Drew are ya FMW president IC or OOC?
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:25 pm

OOC kind of I guess.
Back to top Go down
PBrooks

PBrooks

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:27 pm

thanks man just wanted to double check with ya before i said anything in the TT threads.
Back to top Go down
Braxton
HWU
HWU
Braxton

Rep : -5

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Sage and Santana Braxton
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:03 am

Edible, I am more than happy to write up the show all by myself now that I've got my new notebook up and running.
Back to top Go down
Loins

Loins

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Daniel Prideman
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:16 am

I love this place. I hope something gets worked out. I'm telling you now, if we move forward, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 pm

I'll say this. I will stay here until one of two things happens.

1. FMW closes.

2. Some unforeseen occurence (Fed-related or not) happens that forces me to leave.
Back to top Go down
Loins

Loins

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Daniel Prideman
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 5:25 am

Pardon me if I'm speaking out of turn but surely now what needs to happen is we find out who wants to be here and start from scratch. Lets not book people who are going to no-show, just go to one show and make this place good again. At present we've stalled, so use the motivated minority to kickstart FMW again.
Back to top Go down
The Dude

The Dude

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Trey Spruance
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 3:49 pm

I think one show is a good idea. Theres not enough people for two shows.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 9:34 am

Sooooo... *Awkward Silence*

What's up guys?
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 am

*crickets chirp*

*that familar riff from Dueling Banjos plays out of nowhere*
Back to top Go down
PBrooks

PBrooks

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Not to step on anyones toes but wasnt there supposed to be a show out recently? Does anyone want the fed to continue? If so, message me on here or aim and I'll get back to you when I can. Thanks to work, I'm out of town Monday to Thursday/Friday so I'll be online mainly on weekends but do check messages on the road when i can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW OOC Thread
Page 30 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next