Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concert Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

Concert Thread Empty
PostSubject: Concert Thread   Concert Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 4:53 am

What concerts have you guys been to? List and recommend artists you've seen, and those you want to see.

I've been to four concerts myself:

DragonForce, Powerglove, and Turisas for my birthday two years ago. That concert was amazing.

The Eagles. My mom dragged me along, though it wasn't bad. I knew like 5-6 songs, which was more than I thought I would.

Dream Theater and Iron Maiden. Both bands know how to put on a hell of a show. Though despite Dream Theater being one of my favorites and Maiden being one of my favorite "classic" groups, the concert wasn't as fun due to it being played at a larger venue.

Protest the Hero, Maylene & the Sons of Disaster, TesseracT, and After the Fallout. Just got back from this one, my throat is still sore and I'm still having a hard time hearing things. After the Fallout was a local band, your standard Death Metal fare. Maylene was decent, not really my cup of tea. TesseracT killed it and Protest the Fucking Hero is amazing live. Despite how technical their music is they can still nail everything live, and Rody's a riot onstage.
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

Concert Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Thread   Concert Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 7:41 pm

I've been to a ton of concerts, not as many recently as I would like (the most recent being I think Underoath and A Day To Remember back in October) but I have Primus on the horizon in June as well as the Carolina Rebellion Festival with Stone Sour, Godsmack, Theory of a Deadman, Bullet For My Valentine, Alter Bridge, and more performing in May. As for who I've seen...

* Mudvayne, In Flames, and Flaw was my first concert. In Flames rocked my face off.

* Aerosmith and Cheap Trick was probably the biggest show I've been to.

* I've seen The Bouncing Souls more then any other band, around 4 times I think; twice at Warped Tour, once headlining over Whole Wheat Bread, and once at a show with Rancid and the Independents. I might have seen Through The Eyes of the Dead more times since they were local before they got big but with their constant line-up changes, particularly at singer, it's like a different band every time I see them.

* Cannibal Corpse is the most brutal band live ever. Ever. Psyopus is a close second though.

* I've been to Warped Tour three times; having seen Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, NoFX, Protest The Hero, A Day To Remember, Bad Religion, Underoath, The Devil Wears Prada, Less Than Jake, Pennywise, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, The Pink Spiders, The Bled, HORSE the Band, and a ton other bands a few times over.

* The best pit I have ever been in was either at a Between The Buried And Me show with HORSE the Band where they played the entire Colors album from start to finish or when I saw the Dropkick Murphys with the Tossers and the Horrorpops right after "The Warrior's Code" came out.

* The worst band I've ever seen is Hinder. Fuck Hinder, saw them with the wife at a show headlined by Staind and Three Days Grace. Them or Depswa, a shitty opener for Drowning Pool when I saw them.

Really, I've seen a shit ton of bands.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

Concert Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Thread   Concert Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:05 pm

I wish I got to go to more concerts. Unfortunately the nearest place any band comes to is Perth and that's a 3 hour drive from my town in rural Western Australia. Plus half the bands on Australian tours don't come to Perth anyway because it's so fucking far from any other major city.

I have seen a few good shows though

The first concert I ever saw was RHCP right after Blood Sugar Sex Magik came out. That was a decent gig but not great.

The band I have seen the most would be Korn. Seen them 3 times and 2 shows were awesome, the third was shit. I put it down to the support acts. The first one Static X were the support and they blew everyone away that night.

Last year I saw AC/DC (what kind of Aussie would I be if I hadn't seen them right?) for the first time. It was a good theatrical show and Angus is still awesome on the guitar but it was at such a big venue it just lost a lot of intensity.

Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

Concert Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Thread   Concert Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:34 am

Wolfbanger wrote:
* The best pit I have ever been in was either at a Between The Buried And Me show ... where they played the entire Colors album from start to finish

I have the biggest jealously boner right now.
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The Future" Anwyl
Championship:

Concert Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Thread   Concert Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 5:38 am

Well I haven't been to many concerts at all, but I have seen (in order)

When I was 11 years old
  • Kisschasy
  • All American Rejects
  • Simple Plan

When I was 15 years old
  • The Living End (Covering The Clash)
  • Seth Sentry
  • Little Red

And Finally 16
  • Ash Grunweld
  • Tegan and Sara
  • Jack Johnson

By far the best concert was Jack Johnson, had the best fun

Worst band live, ALL AMERICAN REJECTS followed by SIMPLE PLAN. Kisschasy was a very new band and were by far the best.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jacob.anwyl
Sponsored content

Concert Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Thread   Concert Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concert Thread
Page 1 of 1