Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corruption: Theme Music Competition

Go down 
+10
The Returned
the nick bryson
Kaoru
Omega
Slegna
Leon Caprice
Eric Scorpio
Vincent Van Rose
RCA
The Celt
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What is your favourite Corruption theme song?
Notorious BIG - Who Shot Ya?
Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_lcap0%Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rob Zombie - War Zone
Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_lcap6%Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Alter Bridge - Come to life
Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_lcap12%Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Dropkick Murphys - The Warrior's Code
Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_lcap0%Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Bullet for my Valentine - 4 words
Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_lcap6%Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Burkhard Dallwitz - 'It's a Jungle out there'
 0% [ 0 ]
Godsmack - Voodoo
Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_lcap29%Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Danzig - Mother
Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_lcap29%Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
All that Remains - This Calling
Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_lcap12%Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Modest Mouse - Dance Hall
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

Corruption: Theme Music Competition Empty
PostSubject: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:32 pm

Download the Album NOW!: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q7YF6439

In celebration of the release of Corruption: Soundtrack to a Bloodsport (Out April 10th, Available on iTunes!), FMW.com is proud to run a poll asking our members to vote for their favourite Corruption theme song.

Corruption’s background staff are proud of their wide ranging sound of the show, from the Hip Hop styling of “Who shot ya?” by the Notorious B.I.G. which brings the sound of the streets to the audience as Calvin X. Carter makes his way to the scene of the crime to the modern underground music that is “4 words (to choke upon)” by Bullet for my Valentine that represents the brooding television champion PX, to the classic sound of the legendary “Mother” by Danzig, which has time and again defined the unparallelled career of FMW Hall of Famer Jaro, to the uplifting crowd pleaser “The Warrior’s Code” by FMW favourites Dropkick Murphy (who FMW are proud to say also provided theme music for all three O’Rion brothers at the beginning of the company) that brings the sound of traditional Irish music combined with a modern rock sound, there is certainly much to take note of.
In a special Full Metal Wrestling presentation, we are proud to provide you with music online to help you make your decision. Come with us as we analyse each track of the upcoming album, Corruption: Soundtrack to a Bloodsport!

Do NOT vote for your own theme song, period. The entire point of this to find the truly most popular theme song. I’m thinking I might do this for each brand and if management agree with might reward the three winners with live performances of their theme somewhere down the line, such as maybe Supremacy or Lethal Injection. If not let’s just do this for fun.

Taken from the album “Blackbird”, Alter Bridge’s “Come to life” is surely a hot contender for Corruption fans favourite’s theme song. As well as being blessed with some of the best guitar work of any theme song, every lyric in Come to life could have been penned with Corruption superstar Romeo in mind. Just from the opening lines we can see a direct correlation with the complex mind of Romeo:
Hey

Won't be held down any longer
No disgrace and no dishonor
Keep us chained

No doubt a heavy hitter, is “Come to life” your favourite theme? Vote now!

Only his second theme song after three years in FMW, PX’s music is carefully chosen, and it’s clear that he intends for his new kill or be killed attitude to be represented by Welsh metalcore group Bullet for my Valentine. With lyrics that certainly spark memories of PX’s past, it’s hard to argue with the force of this theme song:

Too many times I've seen it rip a hole into our friendship
This is how it's been
How it always will be
You think you're above me? (you think you're above me!)
But now I'm here to envy
FOUR WORDS TO CHOKE UPON

Look [LOOK] at me now!

As we proceed to give you what you need

P. Diddy says it all in the first line of this street anthem; this is certainly necessary listening for any Corruption fan. In this hardcore street hymn, Hip Hop legend Biggie Smalls spits out some rhythms that encapsulate that the bitter attitude of one of Corruption’s most hard boiled stars; Calvin X. Carter. Taking no shit is message of this rap, something CXC lives by every day. A unique and distinctive theme is “Who shot ya?” Your favourite Corruption theme song? Vote now!

Perhaps one of the most abstract songs in our collection, Godsmack’s Voodoo is cherished by Corruption fans as the famous theme song of Corruption All-Star Harley Quint, the former Harlequin. Sung by perhaps one of the most successful heavy metal bands of the last decade, Voodoo seeks to gently give Corruption fans the deep and intricate vibe of Harley Quint. With a haunting chorus, is Voodoo your favourite Corruption theme song?

I'm not the one who's so far away
When I feel the snake bite enter my veins.
Never did I wanna be here again,
And I don't remember why I came.

With possible thee most recognisable opening riff in all of FMW, possibly no song here is as iconic as Glen Danzig’s Mother. Written as a challenge to parents who attempted to shield their children from the reality presented in heavy metal music, Mother has come to mean the corrupting/enthralling effect that Jaro has cast over his fans throughout his entire career. Jaro has never changed his theme music, most likely because he’ll never have to: Mother and Jaro as strong a match in FMW as any song can be. However, the time has come to put this to the test. Is Mother your favourite theme...vote now!

With its war drum like opening, Rob Zombie’s War Zone while perhaps not as famous as some of our other themes, has become one of the most recognisable themes in FMW. The work of Grammy nominated heavy metal superstar Rob Zombie, War Zone is a tribute to DC comics superhero The Punisher, however its clear the lyrics could as well have been about Corruption’s own Seth Omega. With a nod to the violence surrounding the Punisher, Omega simply lives those lyrics every time he sets in a Corruption ring. So, has it become your favourite theme song? We’ll find out soon enough

Although written as an ode to boxing legend “Irish” Mickey Ward, the Warrior’s Code has come to fit The Celt like a glove. Indeed, there are many parallels between Celt and Ward, as both are known as never say die underdogs determined to fight the odds, it’s only natural the song has come to represent both me. Incorporating traditional Irish instruments such as the tin whistle into the medley, The Warrior’s Code truly characterizes the sound of the proud Irishman. The song is very notable for the fact that the chorus doesn’t appear until the very end of the song, however this has never stopped Corruption fans from singing along with the music, which in FMW is edited to change the mention of Mickey to Celt, resulting in the chorus becoming:

Celt!
It's a warrior's code
Celt!
He's got the warrior's soul

One of Corruption’s most fun theme songs, is it your favourite song?

Much like Corruption’s own Mark Johansson, It’s a jungle out there is straight to the point. Almost an instrumental, It’s a jungle out there’s only lyric is the repeated calling out of the title. Graced with the beautiful inclusion of a piano and an almost opera like sample, It’s a jungle out there is one of the finest theme tracks available on Corruption.

If screaming for most of a song is what you what for a theme, look no further than Alistair Wolfe’s theme song. Fitting in with Corruption’s metal leanings, This Calling is the perfect complement to Wolfe’s entrance.

No secret deception, for these would tear this down
I'll note the past, spare the pain (spare the pain)
Words match my deeds with brutal honesty
Never forget these choices were made by me

And I hear this calling
Still you don't seem so far at all
And I hear this calling
Still you don't seem so far at all
And I hear (and I hear) this calling out

On a (slightly) lighter note than most of Corruption: Soundtrack to a Bloodsport, Modest Mouse’s Dance Hall is certainly a distinct choice of music. Best described as a mix of alternative rock and propaganda, Dance Hall (Much like it’s user Zachariah) isn’t afraid to drill it’s message into the heads of Corruption’s fans. Perhaps our wackiest track, is it your favourite? Well why not vote for it.

That's it folks, the full Corruption: Soundtrack to a Bloodsport album...GET VOTING!

Last edited by The Celt on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:31 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:37 pm

PLEASE DO ONE FOR AMMUNITION
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Voodoo is the shit!! I love Godsmack!!
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Eric Scorpio
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:19 pm

RCA wrote:
PLEASE DO ONE FOR AMMUNITION

Why? I already know mine is the best.

If you disagree, then you are FOR cancer. Thus beginning the Austin loves cancer T-shirts!

Iron Maiden for the win!!!
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:24 pm

You're blind.

Besides...No More Sorrow>Hallowed Be Thy Name

But your current song has the better name.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Ammunition: Soundtrack to a Fire-Fight and Distortion: Soundtrack to an Asylum will be considered if this thing takes off. I'm also considering actually getting all the themes as MP3s and putting them together into an album available for download.

And if Ammo does get a contest, Kaoru Hanayama's theme Take the sword, part 1 by RZA could well get my vote.
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:34 pm

RCA wrote:
You're blind.

Besides...No More Sorrow>Hallowed Be Thy Name

But your current song has the better name.

He said it here... AUSTIN FOR CANCER 2010!!!

As for the song choice, I still use both =) No More Sorrow at LPW
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:44 pm

^If only Eddie was famous, then I'd put him in my Celebrity Deadpool as a wildcard...That would be like 180 points!!
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:45 pm

OOC: Shut it you lovable bitch

<3
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:15 am

Emo Negro loves Linkin Park. I'm not surprised.

I want to go with Nick Bryson's PX's theme, but Alter Bridge wins all. So Ro's theme wins it.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:18 am

Cool story bro, but I kind of switched themes to Way of the Fist by Five Finger Death Punch.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:27 am

I actually like War Zone
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:32 am

Sure you like many things.

Corruption: Theme Music Competition Austinforcancer-1

Last edited by Eric Scorpio on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:33 am

I like it too, but for some reason it felt like it was time for a change...unless more people tell me otherwise.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:34 am

Yes, I endorse Cancer.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:57 am

Dance Hall would make a good theme for Distortion.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:13 am

wow, PX would jock my old entrance music. Get outtttttttaaaaa heeeeeere PX.

Also, Celt, its "but now Im here to end this" not "here to envy".
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:18 am

Jesus Seth, you had to be the awkward one Rolling Eyes Smile

OK, Corruption: A Soundtrack to a Bloodsport is going to released via Megaupload sometime today. Y'all be able to download every current Corruption theme as part of one big zip file. Every track will come with full iTunes information as well as FMW Corruption logo as the album cover. Sweet.

Seth, choose between War Zone and The Way Of The Fist. Personally I'd favour War Zone. It's meaner.

I'm also wondering whether to include a track representing the overall show's music. According to the W-wiki, someone, and don't ask me who, thinks it should "Heads Are Gonna Roll" by Airbourne, some random ass Ozzie indie rock band. They don't have much by the way of Youtube, and seem to be AC/DC wannabes. No offence, but Corruption can do better. Any Suggestions? Don't go overboard with some song too close to your heart, just offer me a song that realistically represent the vibe of a show like Corruption. Also, a break from Heavy Metal might be good: Out of the current 10 themes, 7 can be described as being in the general Metal genre (this comes from the official genre listings of the bands themselves).

EDIT: Lyrics for 4 words were taken from an lyrics site, bastards screwed me over though I guess.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:40 am

I'll go with War Zone, but only because up until this point it wasn't known my theme had changed.

Besides which it is a sexy theme.
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: ...
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:42 am

Lol Airbourne is FAR from an Indie Band.

Yes they sound a lot like AC/DC and are actually a very popular band.

I'd suggest this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h66AVWjD2LI - The Briggs - Mad Men

or:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy5cORzCQy0&feature=related - Thornley - Conscience and Consequence

or for awesome's sake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr_B2IOUYSw - Modest Mouse - Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:56 am

OH NOEZ, MOAR METAL!!!1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NMyBzjjnJU

"To The Rats" by Trivium. The lyrics fit so well.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:16 am

Voodoo.

[/topic]
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:02 am

Great idea, Celt, way to go.

As for the Corruption theme song, it was clearly my idea. I didn't need a song that was awesome (not that I don't think it is), I just needed a song that fit the theme. Airbourne is only alien to you because you don't play Madden.

I am not changing the song because really, that shit is only mentioned in passing at the beginning of the show. Because I set this theme song, you can't go around trying to change it by yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Mark Johansson

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Mark Johansson
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:18 am

hmmm i should change my themesong... Underbelly was three years ago.

Still awesome though!
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: ...
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:46 am

I'm trying to sing Warrior's Code in my head (heart Dropkick) with Celt instead of Mickey and I can't do it lol.

I'll just sing Celty, that's you name anyways.

Also, I'm quite pleased that Voodoo is well liked as a theme. Seems fitting for Harles.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:53 am

FMW.com would like to deeply and sincerely apologize to loyal Corruption superstar and top competitor Grey for his accidental exclusion from our Corruption: Soundtrack to a Bloodsport online poll. FMW.com would like to stress how important Grey is to the roster, and we would also like to express our embarrassment that his theme song, Jack the Ripper by renown English Artist, former Smiths frontman, Morrissey could have been left off the album.

However, now that this oversight has been righted, Grey's fans can rest assured that Jack the Ripper will take pride of place on Corruption: Soundtrack to a Bloodsport.

Our bad Grey.

So while you eagerly await the release of Corruption: Soundtrack to a Bloodsport, why not take a listen to that very song?

Oh, you look so tired
Mouth slack and wide
Ill-housed and ill-advised
Your face is as mean
As your life has been

Crash into my arms
I WANT YOU
You don't agree -
But you don't refuse
I know you

And I know a place
Where no one is likely to pass
Oh, you don't care if it's late
And you don't care if you're lost
And oh, you look so tired
(But tonight you presume too much)
Too much, too much
And if it's the last
Thing I ever do
I'M GONNA GET YOU

Crash into my arms
I WANT YOU
You don't agree -
But you don't refuse
I know you

Crash into my arms
I WANT YOU
You don't agree -
But you don't refuse
I know you
Oh...

Corruption: Soundtrack to a Bloodsport, coming soon to a Megaupload download near you, now with added Grey awesomeness. Sorry Bro, your theme really is top notch so this was quite the fuck up.

Could a mod or admin please edit the poll to include Jack the Ripper please? It'd be just appreciated.

EDIT: Proposed Corruption: Soundtrack to a Bloodsport track order:
1. Heads are going to roll - Airbourne
2. Come to life - Alter Bridge
3. Voodoo - Godsmack
4. War Zone - Rob Zombie
5. The Warrior's Code - Dropkick Murphys
6. Jack the Ripper - Morrissey
7. It's a Jungle out there - Buckhard Dallwitz
8. Who shot ya? - Notorious B.I.G.
9. Dance Hall - Modest Mouse
10. This Calling - All that Remains
11. 4 Words (to Choke upon) - Bullet for my Valentine
12. Mother - Danzig

Any objections?
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:30 am

You shouldn't have, Celt. Gray is officially future endeavor'd as of Ammunition 10.2.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:36 am

Eh, I've gone to the trouble of adding it now. Besides, Jack the Ripper sort of deserves to get in since Grey, despite now leaving, has been knocking around here for so long. The song has earned a place in with the rest.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Corruption: Theme Music Competition   Corruption: Theme Music Competition I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 am

Fits the "bloodsport" thing perfectly.