Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CM Punk Leaving

Go down 
+8
Abel Steele
Skyler Striker
The Celt
PX
Nicholas Gray
Bobino
Edible14
Easty
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Easty

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:45 pm

I just finished watching tonight's Raw.... holy shit, I knew Punk was good but, I honestly can't tell where he ran from work to shoot on that one.

And why was he wearing a Stone Cold shirt?
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Apostasy
Championship: Abandoned Championship

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:36 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xja-TWxZBr0&feature=player_profilepage#t=532s

For those who haven't seen it.

Best ending to RAw... ever... maybe.
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Butters
Championship:

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:36 am

Regal turning off Raw was pretty epic.

Also, the NXT rookies destroying the whole ring area -AND- Cena was epic.

This was right with them.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
FMW World Tag Team Champion
Nicholas Gray

Rep : 19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:49 am

I've watched it, like, five times now. It's still as fucking amazing as it was the first time.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:02 am

Greatest thing I've seen in a long, long time. Glad I saw it live. I'm sure I've been worked but I don't really care, it was amazing
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 am

Personally I'm not as impressed with it as the IWC is. All the smarks are crying out for joy, but really that's just because Punk voiced their opinion on the WWE.

Anyone can "shoot", it doesn't take that much skill; technically Alex Riley could have delivered that promo. People are saying this is the promo Punk will be rememebered, or that this is his "Cane Dewey", but I hope it's not.

A great promo is the one that tells a story, and Punk can and has done those, in fact his promo from the beginning of the first Summer of Punk blows something like this out of the water.

Also, and I'm trying to sound smug here, but there were last night questioning "Was this real?", no, it wasn't. The things Punk said were too...somewhat clichéd, things WWE is too used to hearing to have been a legit shoot.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Rep : -10

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Skyler Striker
Championship:

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:12 am

I disagree. This is plain impressive all over. I say that not because of the opinion he voiced, but because everything about him from the choice of words to his facial expressions and tone of voice was great acting. Absolutely superb.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 am

Oh his delievery was prefect, and this promo will go down in history because it'll be remember as the kicking off point for Summer of Punk II, I'm just saying it's not the best ever like some are suggesting.

It was a really good promo, but a not a great promo.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:36 pm

The Celt wrote:
Oh his delievery was prefect, and this promo will go down in history because it'll be remember as the kicking off point for Summer of Punk II, I'm just saying it's not the best ever like some are suggesting.

It was a really good promo, but a not a great promo.

Well that begs the question: What seperates a good promo, like this one as you say, from a great one, like the Mick Foley or Stone Cold cut?
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Time.

Looking back things always get remembered more fondly. In a few years this will be remembered with the likes of Foley/Austin et al.

I guarantee it.
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Wrestler Profile

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Abel Steele wrote:
Time.

Looking back things always get remembered more fondly. In a few years this will be remembered with the likes of Foley/Austin et al.

I guarantee it.

Too early to say, methinks.

If the angle ends up being shitty, I think it taints the memory of the promo. Also depends on what else Punker gets to say, what McMahon says, etc.
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:00 pm

This is a snipit from next weeks RAW tapping

"Vince McMahon comes out and he says that CM Punk deserved his suspension and he talks about how Punk wanted too much money for his new contract. Vince says that he is standing by his decision to suspend Punk.

John Cena comes out and he says that Vince loves freedom of speech and he still wants to face CM Punk. Cena says that if Vince doesn’t feel like fighting then he should hang it up.

Vince says that he really suspended Punk because he doesn’t want Punk to leave with the title. Cena made fun of Vince being afraid to let Punk wrestle. Cena talks about the match and then Vince tells Cena not to piss him off and not to be like Hogan.

Cena tells Vince to give the people what they want. Vince says that he doesn’t give a damn what the people want. Cena gives Vince a speech and then gives Vince the WWE Championship and walks out.

Vince tells Cena to wait and he meets him on the ramp. Vince says that CM Punk is reinstated and Cena has his match at Money in the Bank with CM Punk. Vince tells Cena that if Punk walks out of Chicago with the title then John Cena is fired.

This was the end of the taping.

There was no mention about Del Rio’s title shot after the closing segment."
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:56 am

Wait... are they pretaping Raw now?

Or is that from a production meeting or something?

Cause, you know, plans can change up until the plans in question make it onto live TV.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Rep : 19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 5:03 am

They taped next week's RAW because it's, y'know, July 4th next Monday.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:39 am

It was unfortunate RAW was taped for next week, the suspence would have been immense for next week otherwise
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Wrestler Profile

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:47 am

Porygon-X wrote:
It was unfortunate RAW was taped for next week, the suspence would have been immense for next week otherwise

I still want to see it, because with sketches it often doesn't look as good in writing as it does with characters acting it out. Really, though, it doesn't matter. The week after, the Raw before MITB, Punk can save the angle with another solid promo. No question about that.
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drake Parker
Championship:

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Oh look, he left.
Back to top Go down
Leviticastform
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Leviticastform

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leviticus
Championship:

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:45 pm

But wait... He came back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CM Punk Leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Leaving   CM Punk Leaving I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CM Punk Leaving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Wrestling :: Wrestling/MMA :: WRESTLING-
Jump to: