Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups

Go down 
+8
Skyler Striker
Rottata
Tromboner Man
Bobino
PX
Killswitch
Nicholas Gray
Slegna
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups Empty
PostSubject: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 1:35 am

Now that I'm graduated, I finally have time to run this thing.

That being said, Season 2 will be run a little different. This season will be fought under Challenge Cup rules. That is to say that teambuilding is unnecessary. This is for three reasons:

1) The Generation 4 metagame is viable, yes, but also old and outdated as of this time.
2) Keeping reason number 1 in mind, as I have been working my ass off this past semester, I have not had time to analyze the Generation 5 metagame very well, so consider it as a handicap to myself if you will.
3) This should allow others who have not played the Gen. 5 metagame to get involved easily.

My goal is for this season to be very balanced between skilled players like myself and PX, and less experienced players, like Dylan (sorry buddy). Of course, I may have a better base knowledge of Pokemon, but anyone with access to Bulbapedia and a type chart should fare at least decently this season. Another reason for balance is that the teams generated are completely random for each player at the start of every battle. A person is as likely to to have 6 Arceuses (Arcei?) with great movesets as they are to have 6 Magikarps with useless movesets. Fun fact: I once got a MissingNo. in a CC battle. Seriously.

That being said, here are the general rules for this season.

Matches
Unfortunately, one of the awesome elements of the Challenge Cup Tier is its main drawback. The randomness involved in generating teams could give you a well-rounded team one battle and a horrible one the next. Therefore, to reduce the amount of matches determined solely by hax, matches will now be decided by best 3 of 5 battles. Of course, hax can still determine a winner, but hopefully having more battles will help reduce the influence rate. Even though it may not seem like it at first, CC is still very much determined by skill, maneuvering your team and thinking on the fly is critical to winning battles.

Clauses
No clauses are invoked in the CC tier, save for Challenge Cup (obviously). That is to say that OHKO moves are allowed, and you can put as many of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep as you possibly can. Other disabled clauses are the Species clause and Self-KO clause. Note that Level balance is automatically turned on for CC. Also as a generous gesture to less experienced players, perhaps play with No Timeout on, as to give them plenty of time to research moves, Pokemon, etc.

Divisions/Playoffs
TBD when sign-ups close.

Other
Pokemon Difference, a stat I used as a tiebreaker in Season 1, will not be used. Rather, head to head will be emphasized, and possibly a tiebreaker battle if necessary.

Comments and questions, let me know, I hope I haven't disappointed anyone by making the Pokeleague less focused on teambuilding (ohai PX). You know the drill, sign-up below.

-Andrew
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
FMW World Tag Team Champion
Nicholas Gray

Rep : 19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:12 am

Congrats on graduating, bro!

Slegna wrote:
perhaps play with No Timeout on, as to give them plenty of time to research moves, Pokemon, etc.
Oh fuck yes please.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:19 am

Thanks, man. I take it that that's an official sign-up from you as well?
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:45 am

Of course.
Back to top Go down
Killswitch

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Killswitch
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:06 am

I'm down.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:44 am

Challenge Cup =////

I'm in, but challenge cup is so random, it's impossible to tell the direction of this thing. And I'm missing out on a good excuse to dive into a good teambuilding session, for either Generation, though I'm quite checked out of Gen 4. But i get where you're coming from, so I guess it's fair
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:26 am

Sorry James, we'll probably do Gen. 5 OU next season. Or Clear Skies, since I've heard weather is pretty broken (or at least rain is) this generation.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:07 am

Slegna wrote:
Sorry James, we'll probably do Gen. 5 OU next season. Or Clear Skies, since I've heard weather is pretty broken (or at least rain is) this generation.

Jesus Christ man, you have NO idea how ridiculous it is. In standard OU they banned the combo of Drizzle and Swift Swim already because it was unstoppable, and on every single team. But as horrendous as rain was (and still is, quite fankly) Drought Vulpix in UU is even worse at the moment, Venusaur murders everything in the sun, so does Darmantian and Victini.

CB Darmantian Flare blitz in the sun does 75% to Rayquazza. Seventy-fucking-five. IT 2HKO'S KINGDRA FOR GOD SAKE! It's just intimidating really.
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Butters
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:41 am

In it to win it respectably show in it.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Rep : 15

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian G. Smitten
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:50 am

NOT in. Sorry. I do love Challenge Cup, but I'm kinda going overseas, and am busy as all fuck, ruling me out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/trombonerman
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:20 am

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Color me extremely disappointed, Ben.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Rep : 15

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian G. Smitten
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:32 am

You only have yourself to blame. I was good to go in January, but you decided to make this happen when I was being sent overseas for work. I knew in January (Actually, November last year) I was overseas/out of action for June/July.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/trombonerman
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:13 pm

Yeah, I know. It really just didn't work out with school, the senior project I had to work on wiped me out.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:20 pm

Also, are we gonna get those live commentary videos like you promised?
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Perhaps. But more people need to sign the fuck up first.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Perhaps, like any other league, you should have a list of who's signed up.

I asked Damien if he wanted to, but he's on dial-up/shitty computer, so he can't.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:28 pm

It's not a big list, that's why I haven't bothered editing the OP. So far it's just Nick 2, Dyl, Bob, PX, and myself.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Ah, right, fair enough.

COME ON PEOPLE FROM LAST SEASON.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 6:58 am

I!

AM!

...gonna think about it first.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Rep : -10

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Skyler Striker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:09 am

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:59 am

We need more people, come on guys. If you're worried about this going by the wayside like the first Season 2 did, don't worry, I'm here for the long haul.
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Butters
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Slegna wrote:
We need more people, come on guys. If you're worried about this going by the wayside like the first Season 2 did, don't worry, I'm here for the long haul.

Nothing to see here, just quoting this ahead of time, so I can quote it again in a month and we all laugh.

=)
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:58 pm

You're a dick.

Though I should definitely mention that if we don't get enough people (at least 10, I may even lower it to 8 if I'm feeling deperate), this won't happen.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Stop being so negative, we have 6 so far, and if we keep kicking him Ro will join, so seven.

COME ON, I KNOW THERE ARE 3 MORE PEOPLE WHO LIKE THE POKE SOMEWHERE HERE
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:29 pm

What Nick 2 said.

Bob, does your friend still want to play? How about Nick 1, though I know he has computer troubles at the moment? How about Leon?

I've been having access issues the past few days (fucking hate my chaotic family) so if you guys are able to contact them on AIM or otherwise, I'd be very grateful.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:59 pm

OKAY WAIT

I'M LOOKING AT HIS SIG

I THINK LEVI IS A POKEMON FAN

LET'S ASK HIM TO JOIN
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:10 am

LET'S ACTUALLY ASK HIM INSTEAD OF JUST YELLING ABOUT IT.
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drake Parker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:50 am

I haven't played a complete pokemon game since generation 2.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 5:34 am

Are you going somewhere with that, or are you just mentioning that for no apparent reason?

Also forgot to mention that Leon confirmed earlier on AIM, so that gives us Bob, Dylan, Nick 2, Skyler, PX, Leon and myself so far.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 5:59 am

FUCK YOU I LIKE YELLING
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups   REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REAL Season 2 Sign-Ups
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next