Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mortal Kombat: Legacy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Damien
FMW World Tag Team Champion

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

Mortal Kombat: Legacy Empty
PostSubject: Mortal Kombat: Legacy   Mortal Kombat: Legacy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:40 am

Mortal Kombat: Legacy. For those who aren't aware of what this is yet, it began with the pitch trailor, Mortal Kombat: Rebirth, which was supposed to portray the characters from the series in a more realistic manner. For example, Reptile suffered from Harlequin ichthyosis, Baraka was a plastic surgeon gone wrong, Shang Tsung was some sort of crime lord, etc.

That idea got scrapped pretty damn quick. Now they (Warner Brothers, Machinima) are simply attempting what New Line tried with their live action adaptation of the games: taking it in a slightly different direction.

So far, I'm not very impressed. I believe the casting so far is pretty good, with Michael Jai White portraying Jax and Matt Mullins playing Johnny Cage. On the casting of Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine from Star Trek Voyager) as Sonya Blade, I think they could have done better. Forgive me if this sounds shallow, but she is a bit old to portray Sonya. The character should be in her late twenties at the oldest, and Ms. Ryan is in her forties now.

Anyway. On to the actual web series now.

The first episode is the one that should grab the viewers' attention. It's the one where you show them what the project is all about; how awesome it's going to be.

Meh. It was as bland as a cheap fast food burger. Infiltrate warehouse looking for black market weapons. Get ambushed by weapons dealer and thugs. Shoot out. Thugs have high tech energy weapons. Nothing original up to that point. The fight scene between Kano and Jax was okay, but should have been longer. Then it ends with one of those cliche cliffhangers with a big explosion, leaving everyone to wonder if they survived.

Episode two sucked. There was about three minutes of recap from the first episode, and then about five minutes worth of the actual episode. Another big explosion. Flash to hospital. Sonya's fine, Jax's arms are damn,near useless. Short, highly censored scene of Kano's eye being surgically replaced. End.

Episode three next time.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
Nicholas Gray

Rep : 19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Legacy   Mortal Kombat: Legacy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:47 am

I think it's cool, though I kinda would've preferred the Rebirth way. Ian Anthony Dale? Awesome. Matt Mullins? Awesome. Michael Jai White? Spawnsome. And Jeri Ryan? Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Damien

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Legacy   Mortal Kombat: Legacy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 am

Matt Mullins is awesome. Mother fucker was a Kamen Rider. (Ironically, they made Johnny Cage a former Power Ranger lol)

Spawn is one of my favorite movies. Right up there with The Crow. Michael Jai White is a bad ass.

I have no problem with Jeri Ryan. She just doesnt fit the character.

I will say that I enjoyed episode three quite a bit. Too bad Johnny's most likely gonna die.

Now, they need to bring on Sub-Zero and Scorpion. One bad ass ninja battle between hellfire and cryomantic ice would be too bad ass to miss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat: Legacy   Mortal Kombat: Legacy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat: Legacy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Wrestling :: General Discussion :: ENTERTAINMENT :: Other-
Jump to: