Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edge Retires

Go down 
+4
Drew Michaels
Rottata
David GS
PX
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Okay, so anybody who watched RAW last night will know what I'm saying, but if you didn't, I'd say to look this segment at least. Edge came out to the ring and told the crowd because of complications with his neck after his surgery 8 years ago catching up with him, he would be retiring.

At First I speculated a possible storyline thing, but going by the sincerity of it all, and no mention of Del Rio or Extreme Rules indicate to me it is indeed legit. Plus I spotted on my twitter all the other wrestlers wishing him all the best and such.

I'm gutted personally. Edge was probably the top Main Eventer in the ring, and a huge part of Smackdown as its premier face, to see him go so suddenly is shocking, but it's for the best, as i heard if he continued the way he's going he'd likely end up paralysed. The question now is who's gonna fill those boots on SD!, and if Vince will finally let Christian take the ball and run with it.

Thoughts everyone?
Back to top Go down
David GS
FMW Anarchy Ultraviolent Champion
FMW Anarchy Ultraviolent Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: David GS
Championship: FMW Television Championship

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:33 pm

At this point I think Vince has no choice but to let Christian have it at ER. UNLESS he reverses himself and undoes the Ziggler move to RAW, which I don't really see happening, but stupider things have happened. ADR is also a possible option but I don't see them pulling the trigger just yet either, judging from the WM loss and the fact that Christian is a much better option, despite how Vince feels about him.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:37 pm

My guess is Alberto Del Rio wins at Extreme Rules and Christian chases the title for a big win at Summerslam with Edge in his corner. It gives the WWE a big moment for Summerslam with a longtime star winning his first (WWE) World title at the second biggest show of the year. Plus, this sets them up for the classic "face chases heel for the title" scenario instead of the other way around AND gives the Hispanic audience that I'm assuming they are expecting to tune in massively to see Sin Cara a chance to see a Hispanic World Champion leading into the summer.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:58 pm

Oh, man. As much as I want to see both ADR and Christian succeed, I do not want to let ADR be the sacrificial lamb. I say that with the first-reign curse in mind.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Apparently Vince is pretty unhappy with Mistico's work so far, from the botched entrances to the "non-WWE style of wrestling". So that Hispanic audience may not matter much. But I see Christian winning either at Extreme Rules or at Summerslam, like Drew said. It'll be similar to Rey Rey's title push following Eddie's death.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Jericho had a lot of backstage heat when he first arrived.

Mistico will be fine. Vince is getting mad at things that are not Mistico's fault, really.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:56 am

I think Vince just has it out for Lucha style wrestlers. That style really clashes with WWE's style, because it's all about being flashy.

WWE's style is about telling a story, trying to build up fan reaction through tension and storyline instead of corkscrew 900 moonsaults or whatever.

It's just that alotta WWE wrestlers kinda suck, so the style is never really pulled off.

Vince probably would've held Rey Mysterio back had he not had to have a thousand knee surgeries. Those bad knees really impeded his style, thus he had to conform more to WWE's.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:56 am

I don't I ever heard any evidence that supports the idea Vince "has it out" for Lucha style wrestlers. And one now has to consider the major pushes Albert Del Rio (the former Dos Caras Jr.) and Sin Cara are getting.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:27 am

Vince likes the old school style of wrestling.

He's probably just been pressured into changing with the times. Just because he pushes a wrestler for ratings doesn't mean he has to like it.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:19 pm

To weigh in Sin Cara, keep in mind he is HHH's first big project, so he won't be axed so soon, and will be given a chance. Also, he needs to be on Smackdown! where he can tape his entrance to not get it wrong, its only live on RAW he's messed it up.

Also, him skipping FCW was a horrid idea, since he needs to learn the American style that he clearly doesn't know, even for a month or two. Hopefully he'll pick it up quickly.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Skipping FCW was a respect type of deal, Mistico would've balked on his contract had he been assigned to FCW.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Screw it, if he's as talented as he's meant to be he'll learn on his feet.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:17 pm

With all due respect to the man, it's simply a different style, and at least on SD! he could be working a taped show and not come off looking so choppy.

Also take into consideration its a different ring in WWE, the ropes would be different for springboarding and such, and would take getting used to, as well as a different pace, and overall a different game. Even great workers like Mistico need to learn this sort of stuff before going on live TV. This is WWE, you only get so many chances before getting the axe, and if he doesn't pick up the game quick, Vince wont hesitate to drop the axe. I believe he'd be gone if it wasnt for HHH right now.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Hannibal Frost wrote:
It's just that alotta WWE wrestlers kinda suck, so the style is never really pulled off.

No, the style is never really pulled off because Vince is starting to de-emphasize the actual in-ring wrestling part and forcing his boys to wrestle an average of around five minutes. Many of these guys are good. They're just not given enough time anymore.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:07 pm

That actually does make more sense, Ro.

I, personally, will be happy to see Vince move on. Well, maybe not happy, but at least I'm interested in the possibilities. Just what the hell would the WWE be like if someone not named McMahon was at the helm?
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:20 am

Uh... does Triple H count as a McMahon?
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:23 am

Hmm... I don't think so.

If it were him at the helm, the WWE would definitely change into something else. It wouldn't be too far off of what's going on now, but it'd be a step in a different direction. A slightly better direction, I think.
Back to top Go down
kastaman77

Rep : 0

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:01 pm

It sucks that he retired but it IS WAY BETTER than seeing him in a wheelchair . I was really hoping that his last match would be against his best friend Christian because they always put on a great show . Edge would win for his last match and would say his good-byes . Thank you Edge for ALL of the great times .
Back to top Go down
http://wrestlingheroesforum.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content

Edge Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge Retires   Edge Retires I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edge Retires
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Wrestling :: Wrestling/MMA :: WRESTLING-
Jump to: