Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD

Go down 
+18
Tromboner Man
The Dude
Abel Steele
Seth
RCA
the nick bryson
Edible14
MASS Caesar
Leon Caprice
The Celt
War Machine
TyranT
Easty
Loins
Hannibal Frost
Vincent Van Rose
Vendetta
Rottata
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kiyoshi Ryu

Kiyoshi Ryu

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kiyoshi Ryu
Championship:

CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD   CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:37 pm

My name is Kiyoshi Ryu, and I am a Ronin Warrior. I wasn't born into a Samurai family, I was forced into becoming a Samurai at the age of 15. I was only forced into it because of two things, one was my superior swordsmanship and the other was my lack of grades to get into a major school. It was from here I embarked on a quest in following the Bushido, or the way of the warrior. You may ask yourself how I became a Ronin Warrior...and to answer that question I'd have to take you on a journey that most people wouldn't understand. Welcome to the man behind the mask.

10 Years Ago on the island of Honshu, in the city of Tokyo.

We're inside an old office, one that has a desk made of cedar. The bookshelves are to the ceiling with books, and they're also made of cedar. Inside sits a young man who is tall yet thicker than most, his hair is jet black and his eyes are a darker shade of brown. The young man is Kiyoshi Ryu, and before him stands Shogun Tokugawa Tsunenari who also has jet black hair and crows feet on the sides of his eyes.

“Why exactly am I here Shogun Tsunenari?” asked Ryu.

“Well, I was asked to talk to you about something very specific.” replied the Shogun.

“But why would you talk to me about anything? Your focus is a path I don't plan on going down, no offense to you.” said Kiyoshi.

“Ah, but Ryu that is where you are wrong.” said Tsunenari.

“What exactly are you talking about? I don't understand sir, I am slightly confused.” admitted Kiyoshi.

“You must learn Bushido young Kiyoshi, it is your destiny.” said Shogun Tsunenari.

“But why must I learn? I wasn't born into a Samurai family, I was born into a family that has power within the whole island of Honshu!” yelled Ryu

“Your grades are slipping Kiyoshi, and you've shown you're above average in Koboto and you're a standing black belt in Wado-Ryu. Your training must begin now, you are behind.” replied Shogun Tsunenari. “You don't have a choice, you either join this clan of Samurai or you join the Japanese Military. I'll let you make the choice, but because of your standing on this island and because of skills I recommend you do the honorable thing.”

The older Shogun left Kiyoshi in the office by himself to think about the decision, Ryu ran his hands through his jet black hair and sat in silence as the sounds of a clock ticked away behind him. He was left to wonder about his life, about learning the way of the Warrior, and about where he was going from here. The Japanese Government didn't allow sub par students into the colleges. It's just the way the Monarchy worked in Japan, and from there Ryu made his decision perfectly clear.

The Next Day, on Mount Kumotori.

Kiyoshi sat alone in a meditation stance, alone on the ledge as the sound of birds flying overhead and the waves crashing into the coastline filled the air. Ryu took in deep breaths and exhaled heavily trying to collect his thoughts. His mind raced with the thoughts of battles that he had seen as a small child, often times several Samurai clans would join up to fight in a cause that they didn't believe in. They'd fight because they needed the money, however Kiyoshi was smart enough to know that once he joined the clan in battle if they lost he'd die. And if they won, the Samurai would be free to roam the land and perfect their skills.

It wasn't exactly what you'd call the lifestyle of choice, then again neither is working for the Japanese Military. The Japanese Military were forced into carrying out Unit 731, and were also forced into becoming Kamikaze during World War II. The government was notorious for forcing many men to kill in the name of Japan. However, the Samurai operated on a more personal basis and made for a much more appealing lifestyle. Either way, Kiyoshi had his mind made up.

At that point Shogun Tsunenari appeared behind Ryu, the wind blew slightly as the clouds began to cover the morning sun.

“I am to assume you have made you decision” said the Shogun.

“But of course” replied Ryu. “I'm going to do the honorable thing, and I am going to learn Bushido.”

“Very good, your training will begin right now.” said Tsunenari.

Without another word a book fell onto the lap of Kiyoshi. The Shogun had disappeared into the shadows, leaving Ryu with only the book. Kiyoshi opened up the cover and inside was a message wrote from Tsunenari himself.

“Dear Ryu, this is The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi, to truly understand Bushido in it's purest of forms. It was composed by maybe the greatest warrior known to Japan ever, a man who later found out that through his violent ways he could still achieve enlightenment and nirvana from his arts. It's important to realize this as a Samurai, because if you do not you will simply fall to the ways of violence and kill for simply the pleasure of doing so. It's very important that you learn the difference between killing for pride and killing so you can pay your bills. As a Samurai you must be ready to die at anytime, and understand that you could lose everything within a day. Nothing in life is promised, this is no different. Read this book and report back to Mount Kumotori next week, I'll be waiting.”

Kiyoshi looks up at the sky and then back to the book in his hands. He stands to his feet and walks away from the mountain eagerly awaiting next week.

Scene fades to black.

Now for those who don't know, Bushido was a way of life for the Samurai. It was a code of honor, but it meant so much more for those who looked deeper into it. Honestly, I've always felt it was a code we should all follow, Samurai or not. The virtues of rectitude, courage, benevolence, respect, honesty, honor, and loyalty make up the principles of Bushido. If you don't honor this code, it can often lead to death or dishonor from either other Samurai, or the village you protect. As serious as Bushido is, the only thing more serious within the Samurai ranks is death. Whenever you lose a battle if you don't have a good hiding spot, you're as good as dead. Your head will be placed on a pike, and your body will be left to rot in the woods somewhere.

The good news?

You won't feel a thing.

Next Week, on Mount Kumotori.

Kiyoshi stands alone in the darkness of the mountain. He was told to arrive early in the morning, before the sun even rose. He had read the book from cover to cover twice, and was slowly starting to grasp the concept of Bushido. Now they were going to test him, push him to the absolute limit, and then make him beg for mercy. The key was not begging for mercy, but fighting back with honor and not showing any pain or remorse. Only then can you be a true Samurai, and only then can you continue learning. Even though you never join an official group of Samurai, you do join several different battles and wars for those who have political strife and if you win then your payday is sweet, but if you lose you're pretty much dead.

Ryu kept his ears open to hear any signs that someone might be rapidly approaching, he tried to remain calm and focused...but parts of his mind began to wander. This could be his dying moment, for if you failed the test of a Samurai you didn't get another shot. Mainly because if you failed that meant you were dead in cold blood. If you lived, then someone else died. It was the ultimate yin and yang cycle. Now was the life moment, for a boy of 15 Kiyoshi had a lot to think about, although the time for thinking was about to end.

At that very moment a man wearing only his GI came running towards Kiyoshi with his sword drawn. Ryu quickly rolled out of the way and countered with a kick to the gut and a shot to the jaw with a pair of nunchakus. Almost instantly the mystery man stumbled backwards with his mouth bleeding profusely. His jaw was broken and blood was going all over his GI, as well as the ground and Kiyoshi's GI too. At that moment Ryu drew his sword and swung hard towards the Samurai before him. The wounded warrior blocked the strike with his sword and retaliated with a quick jab of the sword, which managed to hit Kiyoshi right in the sternum. As Ryu fell to the ground bleeding out of his sternum the Samurai drew up his sword once again, this time looking to deliver the finishing blow. Before the hurt warrior could bring down the sword Kiyoshi thrusted up and sent his sword through the skull of the former Samurai, the man's brain matter fell onto the ground and the grass was colored a shade of crimson as Ryu removed his sword from the man's skull.

As the fallen warrior laid motionless on the ground all Ryu could hear was the sound of clapping coming from behind him. He turned swiftly his sword still drawn, only to see it was none other than Shogun Tsunenari.

“Very impressive Ryu, you've been practicing I see.” echoed Tsunenari.

“You've gotta eat somehow, some people eat by working in a cubicle, I eat by killing warriors in sword fights.” replied Kiyoshi.

“Oh but of course, it's the way of life around here at least from a political strife.” agreed the Shogun.

“I guess every King needs his pawns in a game of chess.” said Ryu, slightly drifting off as he spoke.

“You're more like a Knight, maybe even a Rook on this battlefield. Your versatility is impeccable, especially the way you wielded those nunchakus before you could get your sword drawn. It's something that I could use on any battlefield on any day.” complimented Tsunenari.

“You know the deal, you want me, you know where to find me, and if you've got the Yen...I'm yours for the battle. No questioned asked.” bellowed Kiyoshi.

“That's good, I think you and I are going to get along just fine. I assume you've read the book yes?” asked the Shogun.

“If I didn't read it then I'm not sure if I would have shown up to be honest.” replied Ryu.

“Honesty is a good trait, I'm glad it's not a lost art anymore.” said Tsunenari.

“So when do I start?” asked Kiyoshi.

“Your journey has already begun young Ryu...” replied the Shogun.

The Shogun walked away from Kiyoshi leaving him alone with the blood soaked soil. Ryu pondered for a minute before wiping off his sword on the GI of the fallen soldier and putting it away. He walked away from the body and began walking down the mountainside preparing for his next adventure in this everlasting journey that's unwinding. Little did he know how far down this road he'd really travel, or where exactly he was about to end up.
Back to top Go down
Kiyoshi Ryu

Kiyoshi Ryu

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kiyoshi Ryu
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD   CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:40 pm

Fatal Four-Way Young Blood Match*
Kiyoshi Ryu vs. Casper King vs. Mick O'Connell vs. Xander Kross

Singles Match
Blake Vendetta vs. Daniel Prideman

Tag Team Match
Trey Spruance & Axel van Osbourne vs. The Pack (Seth Rotunda & Jack Eastwood)

Singles Match
MASS Caesar vs. Christian G. Smitten

Contract on the Line Series, Match 1
Leon Caprice vs. War Machine

Main Event Tag Team Match
Sons of Attrition (Hannibal Frost & the Celt) vs. Faith and PX

Last edited by Kiyoshi Ryu on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
War Machine

War Machine

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: War Machine
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD   CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Just an FYI, the edit I made to my promo was nothing substantial. Just adding in something that I said that I would on FB and then forgot about lol.
----

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Singles Match

Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Stunners4All
iDeAndes

Rep : -13

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD   CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Hi. Xander Kross here. No frills. No bullshit. No verbose intro. Just Xander. To step outside of the box of what my character is for one second, the reason why this is a last minute thing is quite simple.

I'm, to put it shortly, rather broke. One would think that being signed to two world class wrestling entities, you could afford to fly half way across the world to a new locale, set-up, and prepare for your next match-up. You're probably thinking to yourself "hey Xander..this sets a bad precedent" or "people are going to peg you as being unreliable as Dante was". You'll also probably wondering why I have no accent, am speaking completely and succinctly in functional english and also wondering a bit about me. With the fear of being redundant, this isn't going to be an intro promo. It's just going to tell you a little bit about me. About who I am and where I come from.

Remember. No frills. No bullshit. Shit, it won't even be that long as I'm scheduled to go out and perform soon. And given my limited amount of time, I felt I had to give it my best shot. This isn't stylized, grandiose, over-dramatic, or even ornately crafted into some somber rant to convince you to like me. This is me showing all of you that I can man up and take the ass beating I'm probably about to receive for being unprepared and overall late. Dante might call that CPT or 'colored-people time'.

As I previously stated, I'm broke. Mom and dad can't pay for everything so, as a man, I'm obligated to strike it on my own and pave my own path. Blaze my own trail. It's a sense of pride or rather self-respect. Perhaps that's why I'm in this predicament now. Too much pride. You see, at one point in my life, I was fresh out of high school. I had recently received a scholarship to the University of California - Los Angeles to play basketball for the UCLA Bruins. As a freshman in college, I was gaining endorsements and a lot of public attention for being a local boy getting his due. Here I was playing on the court that so many legends had made famous...the Reggie Miller's and the Kareem Abdul Jabbar's. Finally, I thought, my life had a sense of meaning or direction. I had a purpose. I was someone special. Unfortunately, I allowed for this to get to my head. And after three years of riding the bench, I graduated UCLA with nothing to show for my hard work but broken dreams and haunting nightmares of what I potentially could have been. I didn't take the responsibility I had to carry on tradition or the values my parents set seriously. I was a young man, after all. Finally, I was independent and on my own to make my own choices. You know what those choices get you? Grown consequences. A twenty-one year old guy with only a couple thousand to his name doesn't have the emotional security or strength to make decisions or even have the foresight of the outcome.

With this in mind, I did a bit of soul searching. I traveled the continental United States, partied hard, crashed even harder. Most of that material is to come. Its just to preface for you that I'm prone to failure, mistakes, and overall incompetence.

But this time will be different. This time is my fresh start. This time, I will show everyone why it is I belong here. I may go out there and tank ass tonight. I've only been wrestling for about..a year and a half after all. And while I may have a flippant mouth, a cocky disposition, and a devil-may-care attitude, I've grown to love this business. I cherish the idiosyncrasies of human hubris, the athleticism involved, the storytelling aspect, and the fun of entertaining people. Entertaining you, the fans. Entertaining my peers. And if I don't give it my all, I feel as though, once again, I've let everyone down.

Finally, I feel, most importantly, I've let myself down. And for that? I'm sorry...

I truly am.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Rep : -13

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD   CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:35 pm

-Corruption 13.1-
LIVE from the O2 Arena in Dublin, Ireland

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Singles Match

PLUS Nick Bryson talks about his win, the Celt celebrates in his home country, and TyranT addresses FMW!

* Match is in First Blood rules

PROMO ONLY until Wednesday, March 23 11:59 PM EST. VOTING AND PROMO until Friday, March 25 11:50 PM EST.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD   CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:00 am

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Singles Match

Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD   CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION 13.1 VOTING & PROMO THREAD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2