Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Journey's End

Go down 
+8
Tromboner Man
RCA
The Celt
Abel Steele
Anwyl
Hannibal Frost
Alex O'Rion
Skyler Striker
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyler Striker
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Skyler Striker

Rep : -10

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Skyler Striker
Championship:

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:09 am

Hey all.

You can probably guess what’s about to be said, so I won’t beat around the bush. After an incredibly fun three years here at FMW I’m announcing my retirement.

The one thing I want to say before all else is that e-fedding – for me, at least – has not been a geeky hobby where I pretend to be a wrestler. It’s been a training ground where I’ve drastically improved upon the quality of my writing, which has helped me prospects for my future career in written journalism. I will never regret the hours I spent writing promos here, because they’ve done more for me than I first imagined. I really encourage anyone who’s on the fringes to get involved and just write. It’s a really valuable skill no matter what you are doing or want to do with your life, and telling the prolonged story of a character is immensely rewarding. Since 2006 I’ve created Skyler, written his entire back story and four years worth of his life during which a hell of a lot has gone on. And I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.

With all of that said, right now I cannot find within me the passion to write the way I once did, nor the time with an incredibly important year ahead of me. I’m stepping down as Head Writer of Alchemy, as staff and as a character. The story of Skyler in FMW at the moment has allowed me an opportunity to leave without interrupting the flow. I know there are plenty of capable hands in this federation who know how to run the shows and continue making this fed the success it always has been.

I have a few people to give thanks to, although I’d like to give them to everyone. My thanks go to Jaro - who I’m sure will read this at some point – for giving me the opportunity to write and become a success. Leon Caprice, for being my loyal friend both in and out of character, and who I know has a lot left in him to come for this federation. Drew Michaels, whose consistency and quality was always an inspiration for me. Chris Austin and Romeo, for putting an amazing amount of care and effort into FMW both in and out of character. TyranT, for being my most challenging foe and a good friend to boot. To people including but not limited to TBM, Seth, Kaoru, Abel, Frost, Alex, PX, Celt, Eastwood, Sleg, Bobino, and old favs like Scorpio, Boice, Doc and Harley – I’ve taken a lot from all of you and enjoyed facing and teaming with you, not to mention reading your work.

There’s a good chance that as with every ‘retiring’ e-fedder, I’ll be back at some point in the future, but for now I’m saying my goodbyes. Thanks to all of you again, I’ll see you around!

-Skyler Striker
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:34 am

Skyler, you and I had our issued back when I was screwing up my last few shows as Head Writer for Alchemy, and I know we haven't always seen eye to eye. But at the end of the day you were one of the few people here who was truly passionate about his character, the story he told, and this fed as a whole.

You were one of the most dedicated staff members I have had the pleasure to work with and one of the cornerstones of this federation for the last three years. You'll be sorely missed and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

...heh....I've always wanted to say that.

But seriously, good luck man, may you have success and what passes for happiness in that backwater end of the world you guys live in.

Sincerely,

Rob aka Alex O
Back to top Go down
Hannibal Frost

Hannibal Frost

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Hannibal Frost
Championship:

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 8:06 am

You cocksucker.

Kidding.

Best of luck in the future, good sir. While we will now never get to have our epic, be all, end all, match up that I had hoped would come... it was still a hell of a time.

We've been e-pals since the last days of NEW and its... totally gay that you're leaving.
Back to top Go down
Anwyl

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The Future" Anwyl
Championship:

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 8:50 am

As one legends story ends, another begins (a.k.a mine) but although I haven't been here long it was reading your promo's when surfing the net that got me hooked, I loved reading up on what your character was doing on eWrestling wikia. You inspired me to have a good and to try this e-fedding mumbo jumbo. And all I can say is thank you, my Australian brother!! Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi :'(

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jacob.anwyl
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:17 am

As the others have said you will be missed. I hope your writing career only goes onwards and upwards from here. It's a shame we never got a chance to cross paths though...

Take it easy
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:16 am

It always hurts to see a veteran go, but the timing feels for this I guess. Don't be a stranger man.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:18 pm

Dammit.

Right when he was becoming my favorite promoer. Oh well, when life comes calling, you have to answer. Thanks for the great writing, show making, and everything else. I wish you the best in whatever it is you go on to do and I hope that FMW is able to fit your plans once again.

-Ed (RCA)
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Rep : 15

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian G. Smitten
Championship:

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:16 pm

Thank you for your dedicated hard work over the past 3 years. It's been a pleasure to have you a part of our family. Just because you're stepping down, doesn't mean you're not welcome. Please, stay in contact, and follow our adventures whenever you can. Best of luck with your journalism, and if you're ever in North Queensland, look me up, and I'll buy you a coffee (or coffee-esque beverage).

Ben AKA Tromboner Man
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/trombonerman
TyranT

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: TyranT/Faith
Championship:

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:38 pm

This is really sad news man, but I understand that you're moving on to something else. I might be wrong when I say this, but I reckon there will be a day when you return, it's hard to let go of a character when you've spent years developing them. If that isn't the case, all I can do is wish you luck in your future, I know you'll do very well.

Gutted to see Skyler Striker go, he has been and always will be a major figure in TyranT's life. Their year long rivarly really helped develop TyranT into the character he is now. Whilst the two have always been enemies, I can't help but reckon the two respect each other quite a lot. The straightjacket fight for the Abandoned Championship and final moments of the Mt. V II are always the moments I think of when I think of the rivalry, and how they just faced off against one another, always being each others biggest obstacle.

IC aside, I have to say you've really brought the best in me when it comes to writing. Win or lose I always found I had to step it up against you. Beyond that you've been a very good buddy and one hell of a massive contributer to this site, not just as staff, but bringing in new faces and all sorts. It's yet another heavy hit to see you depart, I can only once more wish ye all the best though, and hope for an eventual return.

Take care man!
Back to top Go down
Eric Scorpio

Eric Scorpio

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Eric Scorpio
Championship:

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:29 am

Take care Skyler, you contributed a lot to this place. I'm sure you will be missed.

Enjoy the "retired" life lol. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Dude

The Dude

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Trey Spruance
Championship:

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:50 am

See you later Skyler, maybe you can pop in from time to time to see how the feds going?
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jaro
Championship: FMW Ultraviolent Championship

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Shut up Skyler and get back to work.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com
The Dude

The Dude

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Trey Spruance
Championship:

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:37 am

Jaros signature is full of awesomesauce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Journey's End Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey's End   Journey's End I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey's End
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Wrestling :: Rules & Announcements :: RULES & ANNOUNCEMENTS-
Jump to: