Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Press Conferences

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

Press Conferences Empty
PostSubject: Press Conferences   Press Conferences I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:09 am

The FMW logo stands as the backdrop behind a single desk with two chairs behind it. A couple of microphones stand waiting on the desk and besides each is an empty glass and a single pitcher of water finishes the picture.

The room is filled with a dull buzz, fuelled by the gathering media pack. Television cameras line the back wall on a slightly raised platform, a handful of selected photographers squat, ready to pull their itchy trigger fingers at the front of the room and sandwiched in between are the twenty or so reporters lucky enough to get a gig at today's press conference, seated on hard backed folding chairs and squirming in anticipation of today's headline story.

"I heard he's gonna be back at Distortion 11.3"

"Well my source tells me that he's got a severe injury and won't be back for 6 months"

"No, no, it's worse than they first though and he's being forced into retirement"

"Are you kidding, my mail is Caprice and Steele - new number one contenders for the Tag Team Championship"

"Yeh and the match will take place at Catalyst"

"Shhh"

A diminutive looking man dressed in a suit and tie of the finest craftsmanship and looking every bit like the most smug man in the world strolls up to the stage and addresses the gathered press.

"Ladies and Gentlemen if you would all please be seated we are just about ready to get underway here."

The roar in the room slowly descends to a murmur as the aroused attention of the reporters is turned to the man standing behind the desk before them. He is not the man they came to hear from but as the gatekeeper for this assembly they pay him some attention.

"For those of you I haven't met before my name is Jarred Edwards and I will be co-ordinating today's event. Before we start however I must ask that, at the request of my client, any and all questions relating to his family and private life are off the agenda. This means you Broughton."

As he speaks the small man eyeballs a particularly grizzled reporter in the front. Geoff Broughton is a respected sports journalist of thirty five years whose presence dominates the rest of the media throng. He simply tips his hat and delivers a sly wink back at the stone faced man atop the stage.

"Whatever you say boss"

A small roll of the eyes is all the reaction he gets before Edwards continues on

"So if nobody has any objection let's begin."

With that Edwards signals to an assistant who flicks a switch. A large LCD TV is slowly lowered from the ceiling to rest directly behind the first microphone on the stage as Mr Edwards hastily makes his way up to sit beside the screen.

"The hell?!"

"What does this guy think this is some kind of joke?"

"I'm outta here"

Before the gathered reporters can get too fired up the screen flicks on and greets the press with a shot of Abel Steele straddling a bar wearing a blue singlet, shorts and thongs. He has a half drunk pint of beer beside him and one of his arms is resting neatly in a sling.

Steele: Are we on? Can you guys here me?

This incites a general outcry of questions from reporters demanding to know answers to questions they have been mulling over all morning.

As they threaten to get out of hand Steele's newly appointed agent stands up to his full, if somewhat lacklustre, height and sharply motions for silence.

Edwards: OK, OK calm down guys. One at a time or this is gonna be real difficult given the time delay we have via the satellite link. Let's start with you in the blue sweater.

A young journalist jumps up out of her seat excited at finally getting to ask the important question she has been wanting the answer to all day but in her haste blurts out the first thing that comes to mind.

"Mr Steele, uh, where are you?"

Steele: Geez mate, what does it look like to you? I'm at the pub

As the reporter goes to follow up she is overridden by.

Edwards: Mr Steele is in Marble Bar in the remote north of Western Australia. Next question…umm you in the red.

"Mr Steele your arm is still in a sling. Can you give us any update on the status of your injuries?"

Abel Steele remains motionless for a few seconds until the reporter is just about to repeat his question, when the satellite delay finally catches up.

Steele: My arm is recovering it just needs some time is all.

"What of the reports you may never be able to punch at full power again?"

Steele: Nah mate I'm a strong as a brick shithouse. The arm is coming along nicely, she'll be right.

Edwards continues to point out reporters for their turn to ask the next question as the attending media pack begins to warm up a little.

"Was there any base to the rumours of your impending retirement?"

Steele: The injury was severe and any time that happens thoughts of walking away are going to cross your mind, but no it was never a serious option.

"What about the attack by Tyrant? You had to be expecting retribution after your stunt with the Gold Card and yet you seemed totally unprepared"

Steele: Listen bloke, I just came off a match with CXC and I was totally rooted. Tyrant is as cunning as a Dunny Rat and about as cowardly besides so yeh, I'm not surprised he chose that moment to seek retribution. As for being unprepared well, just because you see the roo bar coming doesn't mean it still won't knock you for six.

"And what of the Gold Card, now that you no longer have a guaranteed shot at the FMW Championship you will have to work your way back up from the bottom won't you?"

Steele:It wasn't the Gold Card that me the next big thing in FMW. I went within cooee of taking out the C-4 Championship and I beat a former FMW Champion. I can assure you mate that I am one hundred percent ridgey didge about fighting my way through anyone they throw at me. I'll back on top in no time and I'll be having some fun while along the way.

"But you have to admit that after losing your Gold Card it makes the path to the top even harder."

Steele: Sure it does, but hey if the FMW Commissioner thinks I am anything but finished with him then he is a dead set drongo. I'm not gonna let a Noah's Ark like him get away with rorting Abel Steele. That's a damn promise.

"So Abel, why are you in Australia?"

Steele: Well I just needed some time away from the chaos of FMW you know. So I figure I can head out Back of Bourke and just go fishin with me mates ya know? Get away from the big smoke while my arm heals up

"What about TJ, is he there with you?"

The screen stays still a little longer than can be blamed on the delay at this question and Mr Edwards moves to cut to the next question just as Abel finally responds.

Steele: Do you have a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock? I told you all no questions about family. But you know what, yeh he is here with me, for now anyway.

"What do you mean for now?"

Steele's agent begins to get anxious as he can see the questioning getting away from the approved topics but calms himself as Steele replies, a little coldly, to the question.

Steele: The boy has been put through the ringer in the last few months. So have I but you know what that was my choice. TJ just got dragged along by his mother first and then me. No little kid should have to deal with the non stop bullshit that is everyday in that nut house.

So while it's true that I came down under for a holiday I am really here so that TJ can have a visit with his grandparents in the outback, away from all the drama of FMW.

"When will you both be coming back?"

Steele: WE won't. I will be coming back once my arm is healed and TJ will stay here.

With that Mr Edwards can sense the anger rising in his client and interjects.

Edwards: Okay I think we are nearly done here, just one more question…..ok Geoff let's hear from you.

Broughton: Shouldn't you just retire?"

Steele: I'm sorry Geoff, the satellite must be playing up, I thought you just told me I should retire.

Broughton: I did. I mean when you first arrived it was made very clear you were only here at the request of others, not of your own volition. So now that it appears you have no exterior motive to be here, why not just quit FMW?

Steele: You know that is a good question, but hey, that's why you've been at this for thirty five years isn't it Geoff?

A small nod of acknowledgment from the wisened reporter is the only response to the compliment as he intently awaits his answer.

Steele: I was content in my retirement from boxing. I had done everything there was to do in my sport and I had nothing left to motivate me. Now, with the encouragement of others I find myself in a new sport where I have achieved very little to date and the fire has been reignited Geoff.

I want to be the best again, but more than that I want to get back to being the Abel Steele who set the boxing world on fire. I enjoy nothing more than running around raising merry hell, stirring up trouble and generally just being a larrikin. That's what made me the hottest boxer of my time the fact I could go about my business of punching in heads with a smile and a wink, oh and don't forget a drink..... or two.

Maybe it goes back to our convict heritage, maybe it's just the harsh sense of humour that comes from living in a country drier than a Nun's nasty, but us Aussies, as a rule - I know a couple of my comrades here in FMW are wowsers, love nothing more than to knock the tall poppies down a peg or two and I personally look forward to proving all the doubters wrong. All the people who said a boxer can't make it in FMW, all the people who said I didn't deserve to hold the Gold Card, all the people who wrote me off after Tyrant's attack at Ammunition 11.1 and especially that smug bastard Smitten.

With that Abel gathers up the pint of beer beside him and lifts it up to his lips. The glass shakes erratically in his hand and as he raises it higher the shaking becomes more and more pronounced until the beer begins to spill all over the floor and on Abel's clothes.

As a surprised and embarrassed Abel Steele looks with wide eyes into the camera his agent quickly signals his assistant to pull the plug on the screen which promptly goes blank.
The press is abuzz that but before anyone can mouth the question the answer is given to them.

Edwards: Ladies and Gentlemen I am sorry for that but as you may well be aware there is a significant time zone difference between here and Australia and I am told that Abel has been drinking steadily since this morning with some of his friends back home. On his behalf let me apologise and please believe me when I say that his return to FMW is guaranteed and Abel is taking his recovery seriously.

[i]With that Edwards makes a hasty retreat from the front of stage and out of earshot from the reporters, clearly not wanting to front any further scrutiny. As his assistant also comes backstage he turns wearily toward her.

Edwards: It's getting worse isn't it?

Broughton: What's getting worse?

The small man spins angrily about, mostly upset at himself for being caught unawares.

Edwards: Uhhhh….. his drinking. Abel's been drinking heavily since he got to Australia.

Broughton: Don't try to bullshit a bullshitter Jared. Abel was clearly not drunk, so what's going on.

A dejected looking Jared Edwards sighs heavily and turns to his assistant for inspiration. She merely shrugs and walks away.

Edwards: OK Geoff listen, if you can keep this quiet a while I can promise you the exclusive when the story breaks ok?

Broughton: Quiet? For how long?

Edwards: Until his comeback match.

Broughton: OK Edwards, you've piqued my curiousity, Tell me the story now and I'll keep it on the down low, but I want the exclusive AND a one on one interview when the story breaks ok?

Jared nods his agreement and then moves towards the doorway, tuning back just before he passes through.

Edwards: But not here, there's a small bar just round the corner, I'll meet you there in half an hour.
Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

Press Conferences Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Conferences   Press Conferences I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:14 am

OOC: shoulda put this in the OP but oh well sue me.

I didn't really know where to post this but it seemed too long for the News Wire which is mostly snippets. If you don't want the new topic then please by all means move it to wherever you think it should go.
Back to top Go down

Press Conferences
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Wrestling :: Full Metal Wrestling E-Fed :: BACKSTAGE :: Archives :: Other-
Jump to: