Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread

Go down 
+84
Devilb0y
Edible14
Shock
CarteristheMaster501
PBrooks
Damien
Runihura
Wearedoomed
The Jackal
the nick bryson
Halfbreed
Mr. E
Sharpedo King
Lucian
Drake Parker
Nick Dream
Abel Steele
Casper King
Vendetta
War Machine
John Andrews
Drew Michaels
cool1515
David Ravish
Storm183
Ashburn
Pissant
Hannibal Frost
Dussy
googly_36
Anwyl
Raven_Skye
iDeAndes
Shadow
BartonG
Jason Krow
DubsXL
ppdragos
Valladon
VinnyPic
Leviticastform
David GS
Blackwell
Lionheart
Andy_Savana
Vincent Van Rose
Jeff
Dano
MASS Caesar
Jetstream
Hatchet
Slegna
Synyster
mont080
Ripper
Christian Moorebyss
Saggi the Dark Clown
Big B. Brown
Killswitch
Lazyking
PX
Easty
Alex O'Rion
Chamberlain
Gabriel Crow
The Celt
Steve Monroe
Eric Scorpio
TJ Tilli
Tromboner Man
TyranT
Mark Johansson
Omega
The Returned
Skyler Striker
Easy
Bobino
RCA
Nicholas Gray
Rottata
Leon Caprice
Black Marcubone
Jaro Classic
88 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Damien
FMW World Tag Team Champion

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 2:51 am

^^ this guy uses a Lordi song for his entrance.

I like him already.
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drake Parker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 am

Wearedoomed wrote:
the nick bryson wrote:
Hey duuuuuuude.

Welcome in, glad you finally made the jump. You came in at a good time too, we're just getting our next PPV Card up. I'm one of the head writers for the fed. If you have any questions you can shoot me a PM or contact me on AIM. SN: thenickbryson (I'm really original.)

Welcome aboard.

Thanks, man. I won't be able to jump into the fold right away; I must aquire a new laptop first. I'll probably make a bio within the next few days, though, and I'll PM you whenever I've got everything in place. Smile

Just so you know, in my mind, your pic base is now the saluting MLP.
Back to top Go down
Wearedoomed

Wearedoomed

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Derek Levy
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Jonathon King wrote:

Just so you know, in my mind, your pic base is now the saluting MLP.

Is that or good thing or bad thing, may I ask? Laughing
Back to top Go down
PBrooks

PBrooks

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Paul Brooks
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Kick people's asses in two e-feds? Don't mind if i do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CarteristheMaster501

Rep : -3

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Well Hello.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Hello other new peoples =)
Back to top Go down
Shock

Shock

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kuruk
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:16 pm

Well, I dunno if anyone remembers me, but... hey. I'm back. ^_^'

Deciding if I wanna come back with a different wrestler or Riddle or just read for fun, but, yeah. Hi.
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Apostasy
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:58 pm

Shock wrote:
Well, I dunno if anyone remembers me, but... hey. I'm back. ^_^'

Deciding if I wanna come back with a different wrestler or Riddle or just read for fun, but, yeah. Hi.

Welcome back. Post a character quickly, and I hopefully can get you on the next card.
Back to top Go down
Devilb0y

Devilb0y

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kraven Whiskeyjack
Championship:

PostSubject: This could very well be in the wrong place...   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Just wanted to get introductions out of the way.

Haven't got much time to be playing video games and stuff in my busy 'adult' life at the moment but have always liked e-Feds and enjoy a good creative outlet.

Came here from the Greydog (TEW & EWR guys) forums which I'm also fairly new on.

Name's Jim or Dev, I'm 25 and English.

I'm into covering my face in agonised awkwardness while James Storm rips into promos, general belligerance (yeah, I wish. I'm a nerd) and doing shit like this.

Hi.

Last edited by Devilb0y on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:57 pm

It was in the wrong place, but I fixed that for you.

Welcome. We're in the midst of putting together Corruption and Anarchy, which should be out for viewing pleasure in a day or two (hopefully not longer than that).

Your next opportunity to be booked will be at Lethal Injection, where there's an open battle royal. To enter, simply post a promo. If you're not sure how we typically do promos here, you can check the Corruption/Anarchy Voting and Promo thread and read some examples. Furthermore, you can send a personal message to me and/or Nick Bryson with any questions and concerns you may have.

Also, feel free to start participating in the trash-talking threads, or the Ammunition results thread. You can start interacting with people, pumping yourself up, or whatever else. Hope you enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Devilb0y

Devilb0y

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kraven Whiskeyjack
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Awesome, cheers dude.
Back to top Go down
WTF Its Mack

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:24 am

Mack is here, yay.

And he has no idea wtf he's doing. How these promo writing things work?
Back to top Go down
Braxton
HWU
HWU
Braxton

Rep : -5

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Sage and Santana Braxton
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:02 am

Hi! I love seeing new people come! I just hope they stick around Razz Before someone explains promos, I think you should sign up a character in the sign-up thread. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of promos and trash talking quickly. I did.
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:28 am

WTF Its Mack wrote:
Mack is here, yay.

And he has no idea wtf he's doing. How these promo writing things work?

Well, for this show, you can post a promo if you want to enter the battle royal. Winner of that gets a spot in the Championship Tourney. For most shows, you should only post a promo if you specifically have a match.

First thing's first, though. If you want to join, we need to know who your character is and various vital information about him. So go to this thread, read the first post by Slegna, and copy the code from his second post. Fill out the information, so we can properly identify you.

So, once you've done that, it's promo time. You can post a promo in the Lethal Injection Voting and Promo thread until Wednesday. On Thursday, you can then vote for who you want to win. Then, give the staff about 2 weeks, and we'll have a properly written up show with the results.

If you're asking how to write a promo, the answer is basically "however you'd like". Some people write prose-style stories. Some people write script-style scenes with their characters. Some people write 25 pages (See: Austin, Chris), some people write only a paragraph or two. If you want to see some examples of how promos around here look, we have a lovely V&P Archive that stores all of the previous promos from our competitors. You can take a brief look through some of those old promos to see what you're up against and what, roughly, might be expected.

Just as a side note, it's common courtesy to not use other people's characters in your promo without permission.

You win and lose here based on the strength of your promo vs. the strength of your opponent's promos, roughly. The raters, consisting of 4-5 staff members, will read your promo and assign it a score from 0-5 based on its strength. Then, votes will be tallied, counting for .1 points a piece. When the show's results come out, you can see the total of both expressed at the end of your match, where your average promo score (APS) and aggregate vote score (AVS) will be listed right after the conclusion by your name.

If you want to know what makes a good promo... effort. Ultimately, the staffers all rate in a rather subjective manner, but we all assign more points if you put out more effort. That means if you're promo has at least some length to it (it doesn't have to be 12-20 pages, but it should be more than a few paragraphs), some effort was made with spelling and grammar, and it is coded neatly, you'll have a better shot at scoring higher.

But, in general, the key to having fun here and winning some matches is simply giving some effort. You'll like your promos more when you're using some creativity. Your character will look better as long as you show up when you're booked. Me and Bryson (the two head writers) will work to make sure your character has something to do as long as we know you're willing to put in some effort, even if you're not winning a whole lot.

Wow... that was long. But, in conclusion, Welcome to Full Metal Wrestling.
Back to top Go down
WTF Its Mack

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:51 pm

^ This has to be one of the best welcomes I've ever been given.

Anyways, I'll post my profile now. Well 'make' a profile now. I'll try to have it up soon and then I'll post a promo for the show thingy. >.>
Back to top Go down
CarnageKing

CarnageKing

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jimmy Ice
Championship:

PostSubject: I Salute You...   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Well long story short i'm an avid writer/wrestling fan been doing this for like six years and looking to continue that legacy here. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:34 pm

CarnageKing wrote:
Well long story short i'm an avid writer/wrestling fan been doing this for like six years and looking to continue that legacy here. Twisted Evil

Cool stuff. We'll put you up on the next card. For right now, go ahead and post some trash talk in the Lethal Injection results thread
Back to top Go down
Braxton
HWU
HWU
Braxton

Rep : -5

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Sage and Santana Braxton
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:41 am

G'day fellas and fellettes, I'm Noah and I'm going to eventually take over from Ali's legacy. She might be gone sooner than I had expected so I may have to start early.

cheers
Back to top Go down
sixxisking

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alexis Machine
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:47 am

I am sixxisking and I have arrived and whatnot
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:43 am

Yo, Sixx. Welcom to FMW. Hopefully the recent drama hasn't scared you off, 'cause you're a badass in LPW.
Back to top Go down
PBrooks

PBrooks

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Paul Brooks
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Damien wrote:
Yo, Sixx. Welcom to FMW. Hopefully the recent drama hasn't scared you off, 'cause you're a badass in LPW.

Kept him outta the loop lol
Back to top Go down
sixxisking

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alexis Machine
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:03 am

Drama can't scare me away, whether I know about it or not. It happens.
Back to top Go down
Damien

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:19 am

Good. We can use awesome people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread   The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "Announce Your Arrival" Thread
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9