Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Movies You Have Seen Recently.

Go down 
+16
Slegna
PX
Jetstream
Gabriel Crow
Omega
The Returned
Nicholas Gray
Jeff
Lionheart
Vincent Van Rose
TJ Tilli
Easy
Easty
Saggi the Dark Clown
Rottata
Mark Johansson
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark Johansson

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Mark Johansson
Championship:

Movies You Have Seen Recently. Empty
PostSubject: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:44 am

Seen a few good ones in the past couple of weeks.

First off was .... DUH DU H DUUUUUUUUUUH "2012" *pause for dramatic effect....* Which was pretty good for what it was, the whole concept of 2012 interests me and if you do see it and think it sucks remember this. It is 100 times better than "Day After Tomorrow".

Second movie was Zombieland, which was hilarious but i was disappointed at its length and also found out it was originally pitched as a series which would of been too full of awesome!

Last movie was "The Invention of Lying" which was a really clever movie and its absolutely star studded as well, some of my favourite american comedians are in this movie. I rate it highly.

So who has seen some good movies lately? Or even shit movies?

What movies are you anticipating?
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am

The Sound of Music.

Can't go wrong with that shit ever.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Saggi the Dark Clown

Saggi the Dark Clown

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Saggi the Dark Clown
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:42 pm

I saw 2012. Very silly and over the top but that's the fun. It was like doing MST3K in real life. Fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:07 pm

Mark Johansson wrote:
Seen a few good ones in the past couple of weeks.

First off was .... DUH DU H DUUUUUUUUUUH "2012" *pause for dramatic effect....* Which was pretty good for what it was, the whole concept of 2012 interests me and if you do see it and think it sucks remember this. It is 100 times better than "Day After Tomorrow".

Second movie was Zombieland, which was hilarious but i was disappointed at its length and also found out it was originally pitched as a series which would of been too full of awesome!

Last movie was "The Invention of Lying" which was a really clever movie and its absolutely star studded as well, some of my favourite american comedians are in this movie. I rate it highly.

So who has seen some good movies lately? Or even shit movies?

What movies are you anticipating?

The Day After Tomorrow, a bad film? Are you nuts? It's the greatest parody ev - wait.

I watched Fred Claus last night. Was ok.
Back to top Go down
Easy

Easy

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Eddie Chamberlain
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:42 am

I saw Brothers the other night and thought it was phenomenal. Very well written, with great, believable dialogue, oozing with drama. This movie was packed with tension, to the point of me feeling genuinely uncomfortable (see: final dinner scene). In my opinion, all of the drama was kept within the realm of reality, without going over the top.

Natalie Portman did nothing in her role to stand out from any other Actress. She was wrapped up in turtlenecks to give off a more mature appearance, but that's about as far as she went when it came to getting into character.

The best performance, hands down belonged to Tobey Maguire. Between scenes of him being a genuine family man during a deployment, to scenes of him as a no nonsense marine held captive by Afghan extremists, he hit both extremes dead on, and everything in between.

This movie is a prime example of human deterioration and family turmoil, I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
http://SubmittoSuggestion.com
TJ Tilli

TJ Tilli

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: TJ Tilli
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:22 am

I saw 21 on Pay TV a couple of days ago. It was like the best movie I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
http://tilliwrestlingfederation.wikia.com/
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:45 am

being that I have an 8 year old I don't get to too many "adult" movies but I recently saw Paranormal Activity....OH SHIT!! Being that I believe in this kinda shit it scared the hell outta me I recommend the alternate ending to anyone who watches the DVD
Back to top Go down
Lionheart

Lionheart

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Lonewolf
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:23 am

Axel_Van_Osbourne wrote:
being that I have an 8 year old I don't get to too many "adult" movies...

Giggidy

The last movie I saw would be a Dane Cook DVD. Other than that, I saw Paranormal Activity, District 9, and Fast and Furious, and Inglorious Basterds

Last edited by Lionheart on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jeff
FMW Corruption Ultraviolent Champion
FMW Corruption Ultraviolent Champion
Jeff

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:25 am

I loved Paranormal Activity, mainly for all the litle things it in. The shadows, the footsteps, the lights, and other little details...all very well done, I think. Some don't like it, but if you realize it's fake and try to actually enjoy it, you'll find you'll like it more. I know I did.

Saw Sherlock Holmes last week. Good movie. Holmes is very witty, Watson is actually cool, and the chick (Rachel McAdams? I think?) is smokin'. Very enjoyable, 3.5-4 outta five stars.
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Nicholas Gray
FMW World Tag Team Champion
FMW World Tag Team Champion
Nicholas Gray

Rep : 19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:33 am

Last movie was, I think, Kamen Rider Ryuki: 13 Riders Special. Pretty good, but both endings were godamn bad end on purpose to get me to watch the TV series. 4/5 for it.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:01 pm

Lionheart wrote:
Axel_Van_Osbourne wrote:
being that I have an 8 year old I don't get to too many "adult" movies...

Giggidy

The last movie I saw would be a Dane Cook DVD. Other than that, I saw Paranormal Activity, District 9, and Fast and Furious, and Inglorious Basterds

i forgot about Inglourious Basterds!! Prolly one of my favorite newer movies....I love Tarentino and he out did himself here. Some people complain about all the sub titles but I thought it was cool honestly and Brad Pitt was funny as hell and normally despise anything he is in.

As far as stuff I'm looking forward to...I would say the Nightmare on Elm St remake (I was a huge fan of Freddy) and Iron Man 2! I am a comic book geek from way back and RDJ nailed Stark like no one but Christopher Reeve has been able to nail down a superhero alter ego. I know some might say Bale but I am still not sold on his bruce/Batman... Joker sold the tix to the Dark Knight
Back to top Go down
The Returned

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: ...
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:55 pm

meh I can take or leave Bale as Batman. As Bruce Wayne, sure, but his batman needs a throat lazenge. I will go and see every movie, time and time again so long as Michael Caine is Alfred.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Point is, Iron Man 2 is going to be the movie to see in 2010.

Oh, and I watched Fight Club last night, love that movie.
Back to top Go down
Lionheart

Lionheart

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Lonewolf
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Clarke wrote:
meh I can take or leave Bale as Batman. As Bruce Wayne, sure, but his batman needs a throat lazenge. I will go and see every movie, time and time again so long as Michael Caine is Alfred.
Agreed
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:05 pm

Lionheart wrote:
Clarke wrote:
Agreed

I third this and also agree on the Iron Man 2 comment
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Crow

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Gabriel Crow
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:30 pm

If you guys don't mind subtitles, you should see Red Cliff. I'd recommend getting a hold of 2 movie, 4 hour version that was released in mainland China.

If you've ever played Dynasty Warriors (any of them, it doesn't matter) and remember the Battle of Chi Bi (that's Chinese for Red Cliff), then you're about to see a live action version of that battle. Great movie.
Back to top Go down
Jetstream

Jetstream

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "The X-Stream" Jetstream
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Just saw Day Breakers...Here's a few things.

1: PERFECT movie to get close to a chick.

2: Effects were TOP NOTCH!

3: Movie was Kick Ass

I fucking loved this moive. It had a great story. Plus, the blood, the blood, and did I menchion blood?

Speaking of "kick ass" there's a new movie coming out that looks good, called "Kick-Ass" I laughed my ass off of the preview...

And yes, McLovin is in "Kick-Ass"...fucking epic.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:18 am

Gabriel Crow wrote:
If you guys don't mind subtitles, you should see Red Cliff. I'd recommend getting a hold of 2 movie, 4 hour version that was released in mainland China.

If you've ever played Dynasty Warriors (any of them, it doesn't matter) and remember the Battle of Chi Bi (that's Chinese for Red Cliff), then you're about to see a live action version of that battle. Great movie.

I should recommend this to my brother he thought he was the only one that kept the Dynasty Warriors franchise going....He has loved that damn game since he was able to play playstation with me
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:27 am

Going to see Avatar soon. Will let you know how that goes, since its made a truckload of money and all
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:29 am

Jetstream wrote:
Just saw Day Breakers...Here's a few things.

1: PERFECT movie to get close to a chick.

2: Effects were TOP NOTCH!

3: Movie was Kick Ass

I fucking loved this moive. It had a great story. Plus, the blood, the blood, and did I menchion blood?

Speaking of "kick ass" there's a new movie coming out that looks good, called "Kick-Ass" I laughed my ass off of the preview...

And yes, McLovin is in "Kick-Ass"...fucking epic.

Since I am a comic book nerd this movie looked awesome to me -- I can't wait to see it!
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:42 am

I might be a little late to the party on this one, but fuck it.

Inglourious Basterds = Epic. Fucking. Win. Not much more needs to be said about it.
Back to top Go down
TJ Tilli

TJ Tilli

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: TJ Tilli
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:27 am

PX wrote:
Going to see Avatar soon. Will let you know how that goes, since its made a truckload of money and all

I learnt one thing from Avatar. 3D glasses hurt my eyes.

stl311 wrote:
Point is, Iron Man 2 is going to be the movie to see in 2010.

Oh, and I watched Fight Club last night, love that movie.

Rule #1. You don't talk about Fi...that movie
Back to top Go down
http://tilliwrestlingfederation.wikia.com/
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:57 am

I just watched Gamer and I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell. Both very good movies and I have to really say is I saw so many sets of tits between the two movies seeing boobs on my TV screen doesn't even phase me now! I do have to say Luda and Gerard Butler in the same movie was EPIC!! I mark for Butler ever since 300
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Saw Avatar about a week ago, in all its 3D glory. It looked breathtaking for sure. It was very good, it didn't knock me down as a true great, but still very good. Celt on the other hand was very impressed. It's definitly worth going to see, worth the money.

On another note, I can't wait for kick-ass, but I ditest Nicholas Cage so if he ruins this movie for me I will be seriously pissed. He can be bearable at times, but usually not for me
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:40 pm

I found Zombieland to a clever little film recently.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:31 pm

Saw the Percy Jackson movie today with the family. It wasn't bad, but by no means was it good. The script was put together by pasting pages of the actual book in random order and for that, it was kind of fail.

But to my mom, who hadn't read the book, she said it was a decent enough movie. So meh, maybe my expectations were a little high (though they shouldn't have been).
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:01 am

I just got Law Abiding Citizen on Blu Ray....WOW!! Gerard Butler was a lil nutso and Jaime Foxx played off him very well....Great Flick!!
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 am

The Celt wrote:

I rather enjoyed the movie.

Also saw Inglorious Basterds, wasn't epic funny but had its moments. The main thing I take from this is that the movie didn't seem as long as it actually was. Pretty effin' decent.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:36 am

RCA wrote:
The Celt wrote:

I rather enjoyed the movie.

Also saw Inglorious Basterds, wasn't epic funny but had its moments. The main thing I take from this is that the movie didn't seem as long as it actually was. Pretty effin' decent.

Zombieland was awesome especially the Bill Murray cameo
Back to top Go down
Mark Johansson

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Mark Johansson
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 am

Saw "Shutter Island" tonight, pretty good movie with some great performances. Ben Kingsley was fantastic as always and DiCaprio was on solid form.

The suprise was Mark Ruffalo's performance simply because i have only ever known him to be in pretty shitty movies but he turns out to a pretty good actor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies You Have Seen Recently.   Movies You Have Seen Recently. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies You Have Seen Recently.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next